Author Topic: In Like Flynn  (Read 50650 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: In Like Flynn
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:50 PM »
Well, they won't let me talk to the witnesses and suspects but your question is faulty. I've never said it's been proven. All I've said is let the investigation run its course. With Flynn cooperating there is reason to believe there might yet be some information revealed that could be relevant. 

I don't say conclusively proven.  I said evidence (i.e., what you need BEFORE you go spending millions on an investigation).  There is none.  Zero.  It's one of the most preposterous conspiracy theories in American history. 

I hope you're not one of those who hates Trump so much you want to be true.  Is that why you can't simply call BS? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »
I don't say conclusively proven.  I said evidence (i.e., what you need BEFORE you go spending millions on an investigation).  There is none.  Zero.  It's one of the most preposterous conspiracy theories in American history.  

I hope you're not one of those who hates Trump so much you want to be true.  Is that why you can't simply call BS?  

unless you have clear cut proof of a crime such as a dead body (and even that is not proof of a crime) what you "start" with is a suspicion of a crime and some reason (what you think is evidence) to pursue that suspicion

there is an abundance of both in this case

kind of a general stink that everyone can smell

wtf is that smell ?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2017, 06:14:23 AM »
yes it would be if it was. apparently there was enough information to appoint a special counsel to investigate. Now the hard part.. letting that investigation run its course... It's not like no one has been indicted and found guilty of something so far...
They have provided nothing as to why the investigation started. The indictments have nothing to do with the purpose of the fake investigation.

Sorry state of affairs when Americans are ok with investigations being performed when nothing points to that person as having done anything at all. Slippery slope.

The next guy will be indicted for jaywalking I suspect.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
I don't say conclusively proven.  I said evidence (i.e., what you need BEFORE you go spending millions on an investigation).  There is none.  Zero.  It's one of the most preposterous conspiracy theories in American history. 

I hope you're not one of those who hates Trump so much you want to be true.  Is that why you can't simply call BS? 

Of course with that’s what it is. Look at the gang on the view cheering when the Flynn story broke:

Of course she was later forced to apologize.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
They have provided nothing as to why the investigation started. The indictments have nothing to do with the purpose of the fake investigation.

Sorry state of affairs when Americans are ok with investigations being performed when nothing points to that person as having done anything at all. Slippery slope.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III, a former F.B.I. director, as special counsel on Wednesday to oversee the investigation into ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russian officials, dramatically raising the legal and political stakes in an affair that has threatened to engulf Mr. Trump’s four-month-old presidency.
The decision by the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, came after a cascade of damaging developments for Mr. Trump in recent days, including his abrupt dismissal of the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, and the subsequent disclosure that Mr. Trump asked Mr. Comey to drop the investigation of his former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn.
Mr. Rosenstein had been under escalating pressure from Democrats, and even some Republicans, to appoint a special counsel after he wrote a memo that the White House initially cited as the rationale for Mr. Comey’s dismissal.
By appointing Mr. Mueller, a former federal prosecutor with an unblemished reputation, Mr. Rosenstein could alleviate uncertainty about the government’s ability to investigate the questions surrounding the Trump campaign and the Russians.
Mr. Rosenstein said in a statement that he concluded that “it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authorities and appoint a special counsel to assume responsibility for this matter.”

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »

"Let’s begin with the basics: It is the unanimous conclusion of U.S. intelligence that Vladimir Putin personally directed the Russian government to try to alter our 2016 elections, and to take the side of Donald Trump.
How did that directive play out?
Based on a new guilty plea by Trump associate George Papadopoulus, we know that as far back as April of 2016, the Kremlin used backchannels to inform the Trump campaign that it had “dirt” on Clinton in the form of thousands of stolen emails. The Trump campaign that had said repeatedly, emphatically, that it had never had any contacts with Russian officials, that any such claim was “fake news,” was in fact informed by Russia about illegal hacking some two months before anybody else had a clue.
Ask yourself, because Mueller surely has: Why would Russia want the Trump campaign to know it had a trove of illegally obtained Clinton emails? And once informed, why didn’t the Trump campaign notify U.S. law enforcement? Top officials from every presidential campaign in the last quarter-century, Republican and Democratic, have all said they would have reported such a contact to the FBI immediately.
The Trump campaign stayed silent.
We also know that the Kremlin reached out a second time, again promising dirt on Clinton, and that the Trump campaign responded enthusiastically. On June 3, 2016, Donald Trump Jr. was sent an email telling him that Russia was offering “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia.”
“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.” the email read.
“… if it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer,” Trump Jr. responded, which by itself is proof of an eagerness to collude. He quickly set up a meeting between someone described to him as “a Russian government lawyer” and top Trump campaign officials.
The meeting occurred on June 9, and not much seemed to come of it. But six days later, thousands of emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee were made public through Wikileaks.
According to U.S. intelligence, “we assess with high confidence” that Russia conducted the hacking. Yet Trump publicly defended Russia against such charges, and talked so often about his admiration for Putin that it began to seem bizarre. He also spoke dismissively of NATO, the alliance whose mission is to contain Putin. As president, he later fired FBI Director James Comey for not ending an investigation into Russian interference; the next day he bragged to top Russian officials about doing so. He also helped to fabricate a false explanation for the June 9 meeting at Trump Tower.
Again, such evidence, troubling as it is, doesn’t amount to conclusive proof. But it damn sure justifies strong support for the ongoing work of Mueller and his investigative team."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
Of course with that’s what it is. Look at the gang on the view cheering when the Flynn story broke:

Of course she was later forced to apologize.

Bunch of partisan clowns.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »
Judge presiding over Michael Flynn criminal case is recused: court

(Reuters) - The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia judge presiding over the criminal case for President Donald Trump’s former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has been recused from handling the case, a court spokeswoman said on Thursday.

Court spokeswoman Lisa Klem did not say why Contreras was recused, and added that the case was randomly reassigned.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-flynn/judge-presiding-over-michael-flynn-criminal-case-is-recused-court-idUSKBN1E202V

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »
Mueller is a nice guy; doesn't think Flynn should get jail time.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2018, 08:41:49 PM »
Mueller is a nice guy; doesn't think Flynn should get jail time.

Wiped him out financially. Nice guy. Mueller should be the one going to prison

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2018, 08:59:43 PM »

sure, blame everyone but the bad guy. Are you sure you aren't a lib?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2018, 01:29:45 AM »

What for? Doing his job?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2018, 06:55:07 AM »
What for? Doing his job?

tell me what Flynn crimes have to do with Russian spy Trump ?
K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:41 AM »

Nothing.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
Like I've said, the Russian/Trump lie was a bunch of bullshit to muddle up Trumps presidency in an attempt to stop him from winning a second term. Has a single person associated with Trump been charged with any collusion?

BTW, Killary lied to the FBI and they said it was OK, no charges filed. No liberals were whining about that. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »

For what?  Doing his job.  Don't worry the conspiracy charges are coming.  Maybe you should research how a federal investigation works, and you will see what is coming. 

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »

You've seen all the evidence?  You're a part of the investigation?  Yet you claim Hillary should be in jail when she was investigated over and over by the republicans and they found NOTHING.  If you can't see that Trump and everyone around him is in deep shit, then you are just plain stupid.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:17 PM »
Like I've said, the Russian/Trump lie was a bunch of bullshit to muddle up Trumps presidency in an attempt to stop him from winning a second term. Has a single person associated with Trump been charged with any collusion?

BTW, Killary lied to the FBI and they said it was OK, no charges filed. No liberals were whining about that. ::)

Is the investigation over?  Weird, I don't recall it coming to a conclusion, but apparently you are in on the investigation and know all the facts. The charges are coming don't worry.  Even when they do come out, you morons won't believe anything anyway.  Trump was right he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and his dumbfuck supporters would still support him.  Bunch of fucking idiots.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
Is the investigation over?  Weird, I don't recall it coming to a conclusion, but apparently you are in on the investigation and know all the facts. The charges are coming don't worry.  Even when they do come out, you morons won't believe anything anyway.  Trump was right he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and his dumbfuck supporters would still support him.  Bunch of fucking idiots.
Settle down lilcawk, we know you hate whitey, but you got 6 more years to get used to it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »

Are we still waiting for charges? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »
Flynn Lawyer Argues Case Should Be Dismissed Over ‘Egregious Government Misconduct’
CHUCK ROSS
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
September 10, 2019

An attorney for Michael Flynn said in federal court Tuesday she may seek a dismissal of charges against the former national security adviser, citing “egregious conduct and suppression” of exculpatory information in the case.

Prosecutors handling the case had a surprise of their own, telling Judge Emmet Sullivan that they are now reserving the option of recommending jail time for Flynn, instead of just probation. Prosecutors with the special counsel’s team last year recommended that Flynn receive probation without jail time because of his substantial cooperation in several investigations.

But Flynn’s situation has changed dramatically since then. He no longer has to meet with the special counsel’s team since the Russia probe has ended. And in June, he hired a new legal team that has aggressively challenged the government’s investigation of Flynn.

Flynn’s defense attorney, Sidney Powell, told Judge Emmet Sullivan that the legal team has no plans to pull out of a plea deal that Flynn struck with the special counsel on Dec. 1, 2017. Instead, Powell is questioning the basis of the government’s case against Flynn, and may seek to have charges thrown out altogether. (RELATED: Sentencing Delayed In Flynn Case After Judge Blasts Ex-National Security Adviser)

“There never would have been a plea to begin with if the government had disclosed Brady information about what it knew before the plea agreement,” Powell said in the hearing, according to Fox News.

Former U.S. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn departs U.S. District Court, where he was expected to plead guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia's ambassador to the United States, in Washington, U.S., December 1, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
Former U.S. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn departs U.S. District Court, where he was expected to plead guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, in Washington, U.S., December 1, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

Powell said that “the entire prosecution should be dismissed for egregious government misconduct,” BuzzFeed News reported.

Sullivan scheduled a hearing for Oct. 31 to go over Flynn’s argument that prosecutors failed to turn over potentially exculpatory information, known as “Brady material.”

Sullivan set a tentative sentencing date for Flynn on Dec. 18. That will be exactly one year after Flynn last appeared for sentencing before the judge. Flynn decided to delay sentencing after Sullivan delivered a scathing reprieve of the retired lieutenant general, and indicated that jail time could be included in the sentence.

Powell asserted that a Justice Department memo exists which “exonerates” Flynn of being a Russian agent.

According to reports from Tuesday’s hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney Brandon van Grack pushed back against Powell’s statement, noting that Flynn was not charged with being a Russian agent. Instead, Flynn pleaded guilty on Dec. 1, 2017 to lying to the FBI during a Jan. 24, 2017 interview. Flynn admitted to falsely denying discussing sanctions in December 2016 with then-Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

The White House interview was arranged by then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and conducted by Peter Strzok, the FBI counterintelligence official who was fired over anti-Trump text messages. Flynn’s lawyers have argued that the government failed to provide Strzok’s text messages.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/10/flynn-lawyers-dismissal-case-sentencing/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
He's going to win or be pardoned. He got the shaft.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »
He's going to win or be pardoned. He got the shaft.
Agreed. I think this women will get him freed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »
Judge Cancels November Hearing After Powell’s Explosive Brief To Dismiss Flynn’s Case
By Sara Carter -October 28, 2019

In another dramatic turn of events U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan — who is overseeing the case of former National Security Advisor Army Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn–has canceled the upcoming November hearing based on an explosive brief submitted by Flynn’s defense attorney.

Sullivan stated in an order submitted Monday that “in view of the parties’ comprehensive briefing concerning [109] Defendant’s Motion to Compel Production of Brady Material, the Court cancels the motion hearing previously scheduled for November 5, 2019.”

The order to cancel is significant. Powell had filed a brief in response to federal prosecutors that claimed they had already given the defense team all the evidence that was required under the law. Her explosive response was made public last week and contained minimal redactions.

Powell told SaraACarter.com that the “defense looks forward to reading Judge Sullivan’s order because the government has obviously been hiding evidence.”

The brief contained information that FBI officials may have altered their 302 report of Flynn’s first interview with them at the White House on Jan. 24, 2017, as reported. The interview was conducted by now fired FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok, whose texts messages later revealed he was vehemently anti-Trump and current FBI Special Agent Joe Pientka, who has never spoken publicly on the matter. In December, 2017 this reporter revealed that it was Strzok who had interviewed Flynn and that the interview itself was a set-up.

Powell noted that “on February 10, 2017, the news broke—attributed to ‘senior intelligence officials’—that Mr. Flynn had discussed sanctions with Ambassador Kislyak, contrary to what Vice President Pence had said on television previously.”

Then, according to documents, “overnight, the most important substantive changes were made to the Flynn 302.”

“Those changes added an unequivocal statement that ‘FLYNN stated he did not’—in response to whether Mr. Flynn had asked Kislyak to vote in a certain manner or slow down the UN vote. This is a deceptive manipulation because, as the notes of the agents show, Mr. Flynn was not even sure he had spoken to Russia/Kislyak on this issue. He had talked to dozens of countries.”

Based on Sullivan’s cancellation of the hearing, Powell may be right. The mostly unredacted brief released last week contained significant issues and evidence presented by Powell that reveal the government is still withholding evidence from the defense despite Sullivan’s order that everything must be turned over.

Sullivan’s decision to move forward without hearing the government’s repeated denials “that it has produced all the evidence that Flynn is entitled too” is expected to boomerang on the prosecution. One possibility is that Sullivan can demand that all the Brady material be turned over and he could also hold the prosecutors in contempt of court for failing to do so.

Powell’s Explosive Brief
Why? Because Powell’s 37 page brief last week was a motion to compel the government to hand over all the evidence required by Brady, and her list of evidence that is still being withheld from her client is long. She revealed pertinent new evidence that her defense team uncovered, which showed there was a strong effort by the government to entrap Flynn as far back as his first interview with the FBI in January, 2017.

Her brief contained a litany of problems with the prosecutions case and she asked Sullivan to dismiss all the charges against Flynn.

She noted in the brief that “high-ranking FBI officials orchestrated an ambush-interview of the new president’s National Security Advisor, not for the purpose of discovering any evidence of criminal activity—they already had tapes of all the relevant conversations about which they questioned Mr. Flynn—but for the purpose of trapping him into making statements they could allege as false.”

Further, she revealed concrete evidence that the government is still holding onto significant Brady material that would fully exonerate her client. It would also hold responsible senior federal law enforcement and Justice Department officials who distorted facts and leaked lies to the media about the three-star general.

Because of this, Powell is asking that the court require that the government produce all evidence related to Flynn. She is also urging the court to hold prosecutors in contempt and “dismiss the entire prosecution for outrageous government misconduct.”

https://saraacarter.com/judge-cancels-november-hearing-after-powells-explosive-brief-to-dismiss-flynns-case/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2019, 05:17:33 PM »
Proscuters blast ex-Trump aide Michael Flynn’s ‘extraordinary’ new innocence claim in Mueller case
PUBLISHED TUE, OCT 29 20191:24 PM EDTUPDATED TUE, OCT 29 20191:49 PM EDT
Kevin Breuninger
@KEVINWILLIAMB
Dan Mangan
@_DANMANGAN
KEY POINTS
- Prosecutors blasted an “extraordinary” new claim by President Trump’s first national security advisor Michael Flynn that he is the victim of a “plot to set up an innocent man.”
- Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about what he discussed with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak before Trump’s inauguration.
- He agreed to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller during an investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/29/claim-by-former-trump-advisor-michael-flynn-in-mueller-case-criticized.html