Author Topic: Mike Mentzer - Discussion  (Read 418029 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Mike Mentzer - Discussion
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:28 PM »
mentzer was a retard made worse by drug addiction. he was a footnote in bb. He possesed exactly 0 knowledge or secrets other than pro level muscle comes from genes and needles.

dumbass lost his mind loosing clearly to arnold.

If Mike Mentzer is a retard then what does that make all the other bodybuilders out there?

Mike was highly intelligent and wrote like an highly educated person with an excellent vocabulary. You can't fake intelligence.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »
If Mike Mentzer is a retard then what does that make all the other bodybuilders out there?

Mike was highly intelligent and wrote like an highly educated person with an excellent vocabulary. You can't fake intelligence.

What's Mike been up to lately?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »

I listened to one of his lectures recently and have to agree. I may not agree with all of his positions/assumptions but he spoke like an intelligent professor. The full presentations is excellent.

This is a snippet.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:10 PM »
what was Mentzers ethnic descent? German mostly I guess because of the name.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2017, 12:01:13 AM »
Probably his last interview.

Mike Mentzer's Last Interview | Iron Man Magazine

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/mike-mentzers-last-interview/

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2017, 12:03:52 AM »

Vince, you should know by now on this board you get all kinds. There are some comments that are so beyond the pale that it doesn't even merit a written response but rather a head shake and a roll of eyes.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2017, 12:19:18 AM »
Vince, you should know by now on this board you get all kinds. There are some comments that are so beyond the pale that it doesn't even merit a written response but rather a head shake and a roll of eyes.

I agree. The best reply is NO reply. I ignore some comments and even some posters. Nasty people reveal more about themselves than their targets.

Lots of people here who have achieved very little inside or outside the gym.

Simple Simon

« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2017, 12:47:45 AM »

You sir are living proof of that.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2017, 01:39:12 AM »
 :D
$

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2017, 01:59:07 AM »
that last photo is pretty awesome

he was a bit too short for my liking, but an interesting action figure type physique

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2017, 02:29:07 AM »

he was a bit too short for my liking, but an interesting action figure type physique

Mike and Ray both had large heads for their physiques. Ray in particular was quite a huge guy but he doesn't seem that big in photos.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2017, 02:44:54 AM »
Mike and Casey, along with Danny Padilla and Lee Priest have/had the greatest genetics for arms IMO.

casey arms were good mikes were great

some of the best triceps ever

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:01 AM »
casey arms were good mikes were great

some of the best triceps ever

Here you go.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2017, 02:51:49 AM »
what was Mentzers ethnic descent? German mostly I guess because of the name.

Germanic descent, same as Zane and Arnie

us germanic descent fellas are at the top of the top race ie. the white race

we got the bodies and athletic talent of blacks and the brains intellects of the jooooos

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2017, 05:46:09 AM »
I listened to one of his lectures recently and have to agree. I may not agree with all of his positions/assumptions but he spoke like an intelligent professor. The full presentations is excellent.

This is a snippet.

h

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2017, 05:54:19 AM »
Mike was an intelligent speaker, that video is a good example of it. So many bodybuilders speak while half flexing their arms. Looking ridiculous, Mike was able to separate himself from that.
h

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Ray had a great build, more classic looking than Mike but lacking that trademark thickness in spots. Given that the coroner's report found potentially lethal levels of opiates in both brothers blood after their deaths, I believe Ray to have suicided after finding Mike dead.

I found Ray to be thick but just lacking the cuts and vascularity that Mike had in spades.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2017, 06:00:34 AM »
When I met Mike Mentzer at Golds Gym, Venice, in 1991 I gave him an article I wrote about the judging of the 1980 Mr Olympia. I asked for the original judges sheets and

got them or copies. So I analysed what happened and wrote a story for IronMan. They wouldn't publish it. I ended up giving the article to Mike at the gym. Of course he

wouldn't be pleased because I didn't think he won the contest. I always wondered if he destroyed it. Part of history gone. In those days everything was typed or hand written.

Today we do everyone digitally and can easily save copies.

Oh, yes, after one contest in Sydney attended by Mike there was a seminar where we could ask questions. Mike was on the panel of experts. People asked the usual

stuff and then I asked about hypertrophy. Mike got a laugh when he said to me, "So you can't make your muscles grow?" Of something like that. So I had to explain

that I was asking a theoretical question about hypertrophy. I can't remember the response Mike gave.

I wanted to debate Mike online but he didn't post on forums that I know of. He died when he was 49 in 2001. Ray died two days later at 47. Both gone way too soon.

In the photo at my place I was showing Ray the muscle between the thumb and index finger. Mine was larger than his and might be why I can pinch grip more than most people.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »

^^
He was 5'8", that's not too short... Franco Columbu was short (or Lee Priest!!)...

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »
Did Mike ever talk about anabolics? Wonder what kind of cycles he used.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2017, 10:37:50 AM »
Mike and Dorian

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »

OK, so what the actual F is that?  I presume it's a one-off by a Mentzer fan..?
T

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #347 on: April 20, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »
When I met Mike Mentzer at Golds Gym, Venice, in 1991 I gave him an article I wrote about the judging of the 1980 Mr Olympia. I asked for the original judges sheets and

got them or copies. So I analysed what happened and wrote a story for IronMan. They wouldn't publish it. I ended up giving the article to Mike at the gym. Of course he

wouldn't be pleased because I didn't think he won the contest. I always wondered if he destroyed it. Part of history gone. In those days everything was typed or hand written.

Today we do everyone digitally and can easily save copies.

Oh, yes, after one contest in Sydney attended by Mike there was a seminar where we could ask questions. Mike was on the panel of experts. People asked the usual

stuff and then I asked about hypertrophy. Mike got a laugh when he said to me, "So you can't make your muscles grow?" Of something like that. So I had to explain

that I was asking a theoretical question about hypertrophy. I can't remember the response Mike gave.

I wanted to debate Mike online but he didn't post on forums that I know of. He died when he was 49 in 2001. Ray died two days later at 47. Both gone way too soon.

In the photo at my place I was showing Ray the muscle between the thumb and index finger. Mine was larger than his and might be why I can pinch grip more than most people.

Pretty cool that you met them in person.
Gifted and enhanced bodybuilders make anybody look small and useless... as the floatsam would say.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
^^
He was 5'8", that's not too short... Franco Columbu was short (or Lee Priest!!)...

5'8 is average height, he looked in proportion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
 :)