Author Topic: Mike Mentzer - Discussion  (Read 418175 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Mike Mentzer - Discussion
« Reply #750 on: July 15, 2017, 02:10:06 PM »
you're a pretty smart dude

how long you been doing this hobby?

Lol. Break out the drug talk and dj suddenly is attracted like moth to a light.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #751 on: July 15, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Lol. Break out the drug talk and dj suddenly is attracted like moth to a light.

;D

this stuff is interesting shit

just been watching YouTube vids on weight cutting to see if it's safe to drop 30 pounds in less than 24 hrs to make weight

10 is definitely doable and a breeze but not sure if 30 would be

Simple Simon

« Reply #752 on: July 15, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »
;D

this stuff is interesting shit

just been watching YouTube vids on weight cutting to see if it's safe to drop 30 pounds in less than 24 hrs to make weight

10 is definitely doable and a breeze but not sure if 30 would be
dropping 1/4 of your overall bodyweight is never a good idea.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #753 on: July 15, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
ummm yes. what i posted is fact. like i have always said here im not here to argue or name call or make shit up just to post. if i post something its the truth. not hearsay not what i read or thought.  except when i said i think mike used insulin. my opinion. he got the muscular big gut .  he was the first to show it on stage weather it was cuz he couldnt hold it in or not he still had a gut. if his muscles were strong the gut shouldnt distend when the abs are visable unless its protruding from the inside out causing it. so large intestines will do that plus a huge stomach from over eating. insulin use will cause that. period. im done defending myself.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #754 on: July 15, 2017, 08:01:04 PM »
ummm yes. what i posted is fact. like i have always said here im not here to argue or name call or make shit up just to post. if i post something its the truth. not hearsay not what i read or thought.  except when i said i think mike used insulin. my opinion. he got the muscular big gut .  he was the first to show it on stage weather it was cuz he couldnt hold it in or not he still had a gut. if his muscles were strong the gut shouldnt distend when the abs are visable unless its protruding from the inside out causing it. so large intestines will do that plus a huge stomach from over eating. insulin use will cause that. period. im done defending myself.

Just because you say "fact" when posting your opinion doesn't make it so no matter how hard you try.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #755 on: July 16, 2017, 12:27:08 AM »
dropping 1/4 of your overall bodyweight is never a good idea.

more like 1/5 or 20%

supposedly 10% is really pushing it

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #756 on: July 16, 2017, 12:49:51 AM »
both dyke and gaysey were limb guys

good arms and legs but not so great torsos

I was shocked when you said you were in your forties. I thought for sure you were in your twenties. A very immature mid-twenties.

Talk about arrested development.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: July 16, 2017, 12:51:06 AM »
I remember this picture from one of MM mail order training programs
It's crazy how big his forearms and triceps look. 

Yup. Remember that pic well. And he didn't have half his ass hanging out like they do today.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #758 on: July 16, 2017, 12:58:03 AM »
Pellius. See this is what I mean regarding wide hips in comparison with his waist.

Hmm. I don't see it. I do see a vary narrow waist. Hips look fine to me. Maybe because he's stretch out with his arms raised that it narrows his waist that it gives the illusion of wide hips.

I see  nothing out of place here in just a normal posture.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #759 on: July 16, 2017, 01:03:05 AM »

Hmm. I don't see it. I do see a vary narrow waist. Hips look fine to me. Maybe because he's stretch out with his arms raised that it narrows his waist that it gives the illusion of wide hips.

I see  nothing out of place here in just a normal posture.

Exactly. He had average hips but a very small waist when you analyse it. Probably 30 inches in that top shot considering he was about 5'8".

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: July 16, 2017, 01:15:59 AM »
growth hormone alone doesnt cause a big gut. using alot of it can cause the intestines to grow to. ( growth hormone is not site specific nor muscle specific per se)  insulin doesnt cause it either when used in small amounts. does a bodybuilder ever use ANYTHING in small amounts? you need the carbs( food) to stay alive when using insulin. more food more insulin more storage( size) eating alot distends stomach. insulin stores food. add in growth which increases your blood sugar so now you use more insulin and there you go. a viscious circle. insuline can add some muscle . growth just helps the scales get bigger numbers( and can add some muscle)

What it sounds like is that using slin forces you to eat more so you don't go hypo causing distention. So again it's not the slin per se that causes the distended stomach. And I'm not sure what you mean by insulin storing food. Perhaps the wording is what confuses me. Slin shuttles nutrients into the cells. Excess calories is stored as fat. Perhaps that's what you mean. But, of course, you don't need exo slin for that. Non insulin using fatsos abound in our culture.

So, again, I think it is excess consumption which stretches out the stomach causing distention. And whatever Mike was eating I doubt it was in excess causing distention given it was pre contest and most think he over dieted coming in small.  And I don't think the hgh causes the intestines or organs  to grow. Intestine don't grow anymore than veins grow. I guess it might expand by over eating but that doesn't even make sense. In fact, research and development is done right now trying to use stem cells to make intestines grow for people that have cancer and the like where part of their intestines have to be cut out. If hgh could grow the intestines and other organs (lungs, heart, kidneys) it would be used. I don't think anybody increased their lung capacity or kidney function by using hgh. Kids and AIDS patient use tons of gh, more than most bbers use, without growing their organs or get distended bellies. Millions use just as much insulin as a pro bber without the distended gut.

Not looking for a fight but just presenting views to consider and debate towards a better understanding.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #761 on: July 16, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »
I was shocked when you said you were in your forties. I thought for sure you were in your twenties. A very immature mid-twenties.

Talk about arrested development.

a female I dated for bout 4 weeks or so told me she felt like she was with a teenager when with me, and a said you mean like an 18 or 19 year old, and she said no, like a 13 or 14 year old

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #762 on: July 16, 2017, 06:12:38 AM »
yes i said food just so as more people would get the understanding without having to write it all down. its a storage hormaone. it stores whats in the bloodstream. now if you could just take insulin and not eat and not die then no you would not get a big gut. but then again you wouldnt get any muscle bigger either. it needs the food to store( nutrients). males have more estrogen receptors sites in our midsection and thats storage for fat. however what insulin does is store fat around the internal  organs causing them to protrude. due to the high amount of carbs( food) people eat. add in the growth hormone and you get a double whammy effect. and no kids and others who use growth hormone do not use more than bodybuilders. diabetics do not use more insulin than bodybuilders. and bodybuilders are already fully grown when they use growth. bones are closed all ready so growth has to work on something. right? it doesnt make organs grow longer etc just adds fat to them basically. growth hormone alone is kinda useless for bodybuilding. insulin added makes it all work better. but nothing looks as good as just steroids hard work and clean eating.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #763 on: July 17, 2017, 06:13:56 AM »
also hgh doesnt make organs "grow" like you was hoping they did in your post. thats like saying a man loses his arm so they give him hgh to make it "regrow" lol  doesnt work like that. i know you meant no harm in your post . just trying to explain it with a little humor.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #764 on: July 17, 2017, 06:41:49 AM »
Rumour is, you love the sensation of spraying semen all over your fat sweaty face...

Gay response to a perfectly rational one.

I love Getbig.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #765 on: July 17, 2017, 06:46:08 AM »
Actually, I saw Mike and had brief convos several times a week over a period of two years.

I didn't question you...unless karasan is your gimmick...

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #766 on: July 17, 2017, 02:11:56 PM »
A lot of 'Expert Facts ' on the use & Effects of HGH & Insulin

I would of though this 'Expert Factual Advice' is Highly needed
In the Camel Club Crew / Pro Bodybuilders in general to Help Reduce The Distended Gut Sydrome
I'm sure they will pay Big $ for this information.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #767 on: July 17, 2017, 02:38:07 PM »
Curious to know, did Mentzer believe he was better than Arnold's all time best?

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #768 on: July 17, 2017, 04:59:59 PM »
no mike never said he was better than arnold in arnolds day. mike only said he was better than arnold in 80. he was actually always jealous of arnold and the others from that era. he was upset that he wasnt in pumping iron. ( he is in there for like half a second at the counter. he thought very highly of himself. he really beleieved the hype of himself and thought he was gonna be "the best ever" . so when that didnt happen he lost it. to bad cuz mike could of been mr olympia at least once if he wouldnt of descended into madness like he did.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #769 on: July 18, 2017, 03:24:12 AM »
no mike never said he was better than arnold in arnolds day. mike only said he was better than arnold in 80. he was actually always jealous of arnold and the others from that era. he was upset that he wasnt in pumping iron. ( he is in there for like half a second at the counter. he thought very highly of himself. he really beleieved the hype of himself and thought he was gonna be "the best ever" . so when that didnt happen he lost it. to bad cuz mike could of been mr olympia at least once if he wouldnt of descended into madness like he did.

Mike vs franco would've been interesting. If he clearly won and didn't, he'd probably would've hung himself.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #770 on: July 18, 2017, 05:31:53 AM »
lol thats funny. but no one was gonna beat franco in 1981. he wasnt that good but . . . . . . . .   anyways. they both kinda had the same build. rugged looking. thick too. both small (height but mike was a bit taller)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2017, 07:49:02 AM »
lol thats funny. but no one was gonna beat franco in 1981. he wasnt that good but . . . . . . . .   anyways. they both kinda had the same build. rugged looking. thick too. both small (height but mike was a bit taller)

Nobody was going to beat franco because the contest was rigged just like 1980. Also 1975.
h

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #772 on: July 18, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »
spanko

fella had SHIT ARMS

were they even 16 inches lol

AJ said when he first saw him on stage he thought of a live Mr. Potatoe Head doll lolz

big torso and TINY ARMS

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #773 on: July 18, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
yes francos arm was never bigger than 17 . he had some fake measurments at 19 but they were never that big.75 wasnt rigged. 80 wasnt rigged. per se but no way was arnold gonna lose. 81 really wasnt rigged either but franco is arnolds buddy. its not like judges were told who to vote for.  they chose on their own but . . . . . .  and also franco was a former mr olympia. they always get better treatment on stage just because they are a mr olympia already.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #774 on: July 18, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »
Mentzers arms were 18 5/8

no way spanko broke the 17 inch barrier

Lee Haney is a good dude but he was also a torso dominant guy

did his arms hit 18? hmmmmmm