Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 118916 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #500 on: April 26, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
Vince serious question and if you answered in the past please direct me to the llink

How did you train(sets,reps, split) back when you trained for the Canada's ans when you did the next shows?

Vince you are online yet choose not to answer my question?????

I am curious to know how you built your initial physique which was fantastic and strivable for anyone who is drug free or on small amounts of gear
"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #501 on: April 26, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »

I am curious to know how you built your initial physique which was fantastic and strivable for anyone who is drug free or on small amounts of gear

Bee Pollen ?   

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: April 26, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
Bee Pollen ?   

1.25 mg of pur dbol a day, true story
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #503 on: April 26, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »
Vince serious question and if you answered in the past please direct me to the llink

How did you train(sets,reps, split) back when you trained for the Canada's ans when you did the next shows?

You can see how serious discussions are dealt with on the gossip forum.....anything goes. So this isn't the place to discuss training.

Simple Simon

« Reply #504 on: April 26, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »
Message to Ron and the moderators. You have long ago lost control of this place.

bye then.....

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: April 26, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »
You can see how serious discussions are dealt with on the gossip forum.....anything goes. So this isn't the place to discuss training.

Just lay it out, what is the deal here Vince? You know you are avoiding the answer just like the other Vince here TBH
"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: April 26, 2017, 11:11:49 PM »
Just lay it out, what is the deal here Vince? You know you are avoiding the answer just like the other Vince here TBH

shows Vince is chicken to state that volume training built his then awesome physique
"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #507 on: April 26, 2017, 11:38:52 PM »
shows Vince is chicken to state that volume training built his then awesome physique

What a pest. No, I didn't do volume training or HIT. I devised my own protocols based on lots of methods.

Larry Scott impressed me because he was a skinny kid and look how big his arms were as Mr Olympia.

He would train past the pain barrier and did short rep burns. Lots of them.

The principle I followed was to do only enough sets to get a maximum pump. That was it. It worked

out to be 7 or 8 sets which included warm up sets.

Looking back I would say I missed a key element. Volume with the maximum resistance for 15 reps.

Every huge guy had to do something similar to get that size. There might be many different ways to get

there but they go through the hypertrophy tunnel and that is when you are pumped to the max, shaking,

and exhausted. There is no easy way to get big naturally.

In 1970 I did a pyramid building up to the maximum for 6 to 8 reps. Nowadays I would do the max sets

with the same weight and do 5 or 6 of those heaviest sets. That is what triggers hypertrophy. Volume

with a medium/heavy load done to the limit each time. No need to go past failure because you are doing

more sets with the same weight. You have to accumulate sufficient time under tension at high intensity.

The only way to do that is multiple sets with a heavy load. You don't do low reps because you are also

aiming at the pump. So start with 15 to 20 reps for your max set. By the third max set you won't be able

to complete the same number of reps. The idea is to stay above 10 reps. Why? Two reasons. Get the pump

and avoid injuries. People cheat when using the heaviest weights.

I think I did body parts twice a week.

Oh, I did an experiment in 1969 where I did seated side twists with a broom for 20 to 30 minutes a day. Result after

two weeks: Zero reduction in the waist. The muscle magazines were bullshit. I didn't follow the high protein

diet, either. I lost 20 pounds in the last 2 weeks before the contest. I was a lot bigger at 210. I still wasn't that

defined for the competition weighing 190.

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #508 on: April 27, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »

Sound of AAF jets flaying over his place is disturbing him too much so he could not concentrate ...........

:D

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
What a pest. No, I didn't do volume training or HIT. I devised my own protocols based on lots of methods.

Larry Scott impressed me because he was a skinny kid and look how big his arms were as Mr Olympia.

He would train past the pain barrier and did short rep burns. Lots of them.

The principle I followed was to do only enough sets to get a maximum pump. That was it. It worked

out to be 7 or 8 sets which included warm up sets.

Looking back I would say I missed a key element. Volume with the maximum resistance for 15 reps.

Every huge guy had to do something similar to get that size. There might be many different ways to get

there but they go through the hypertrophy tunnel and that is when you are pumped to the max, shaking,

and exhausted. There is no easy way to get big naturally.

In 1970 I did a pyramid building up to the maximum for 6 to 8 reps. Nowadays I would do the max sets

with the same weight and do 5 or 6 of those heaviest sets. That is what triggers hypertrophy. Volume

with a medium/heavy load done to the limit each time. No need to go past failure because you are doing

more sets with the same weight. You have to accumulate sufficient time under tension at high intensity.

The only way to do that is multiple sets with a heavy load. You don't do low reps because you are also

aiming at the pump. So start with 15 to 20 reps for your max set. By the third max set you won't be able

to complete the same number of reps. The idea is to stay above 10 reps. Why? Two reasons. Get the pump

and avoid injuries. People cheat when using the heaviest weights.

I think I did body parts twice a week.

Oh, I did an experiment in 1969 where I did seated side twists with a broom for 20 to 30 minutes a day. Result after

two weeks: Zero reduction in the waist. The muscle magazines were bullshit. I didn't follow the high protein

diet, either. I lost 20 pounds in the last 2 weeks before the contest. I was a lot bigger at 210. I still wasn't that

defined for the competition weighing 190.

In response to this post from my own personal experiences, I've encountered the best growth in my arms as a natural using a preacher curl machine, if fo 5 sets of 10 with the first two being warm up sets, then at the end of my entire workout, I'd blast my biceps again with a free weight preacher curl but using extremely light weight for as many reps as possible, around the range of 50-100 reps total. I must start doing that again soon.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #510 on: April 27, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »
That`s a great way to train Vince..........what you recommended with the higher reps for a burning pump.

Page 21

xxooxxxooooox

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #511 on: April 27, 2017, 10:20:37 PM »
When Vince will meet.. Vince in person, someone will see green stars definitely.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #512 on: April 28, 2017, 01:09:23 AM »
That`s a great way to train Vince..........what you recommended with the higher reps for a burning pump.

Page 21

xxooxxxooooox

Interesting study I just read on high reps training.

http://ergo-log.com/rhabdomyolysis-through-high-reps-strength-training.html

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: April 28, 2017, 01:41:03 AM »
Interesting study I just read on high reps training.

http://ergo-log.com/rhabdomyolysis-through-high-reps-strength-training.html

i train with high reps now

feel much better training in the 20 to 30 rep range with moderate reps

you lose a little of the density but other than that it seems to suit getting older much better

than trying to break your body down all the time
T

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #514 on: April 29, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »

1 of basile photographs .............

:)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #515 on: April 29, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
1 of basile photographs .............

:)

No, it's from WSA*

*Wiggs Space Agency

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #516 on: April 29, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »
No, it's from WSA*

how can i sail around the world if is flat  :-\

*Wiggs Space Agency

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #518 on: April 29, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »
No, it's from WSA WFA*

*Wiggs Space Firmament Agency

Fixed.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #519 on: April 29, 2017, 11:12:10 PM »

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #520 on: April 29, 2017, 11:22:21 PM »
According to Wiggs you can't

:-\ :-\ :-\

so  :o this watery planet is gone flat  ???

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2017, 11:29:53 PM »
:-\ :-\ :-\

so  :o this watery planet is gone flat  ???

Uncle Wiggs thinks so, and made it a mission to inform us dumbos about 'the truth'

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2017, 12:29:59 AM »
I went to LA in the same week that Arnold arrived there...October 1968. I met him when he trained at Golds and hung around the beach.

I measured his arms at 21 1/2 inches one day in Golds. In Honolulu in January 1969 at Mit's Gym I measured Arnold's height at 6' 1 1/2".

So far I am the only person who has published that they measured his height. He said he was 6' 2". Not at night he wasn't.

He came to our gym for a seminar in 1974. Then he and his entourage came to our place at Manly for a meal and to meet some

of his fans. I met him again in 1975 when he judged the Mr Australia contest.

He came to my gym again just after the Olympia in 1980 with Franco who put on a seminar.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #523 on: April 30, 2017, 02:25:58 AM »
Some great stories, Vince. Anyway, if you know anything about the history of the 1980 Olympia ( strange) trophies. Who made them and from what material. Looks somehow strange. I know Zane destroyed his trophy in his room on the walls after the contest.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2017, 03:23:13 AM »
Some great stories, Vince. Anyway, if you know anything about the history of the 1980 Olympia ( strange) trophies. Who made them and from what material. Looks somehow strange. I know Zane destroyed his trophy in his room on the walls after the contest.

I heard stories about Mentzer smashing his trophy. Someone wrote that Zane claimed he dropped his trophy.

Interesting story about Zane. Robert Nailon befriended him when he came to Australia a year or so before the Olympia. After the 80 Olympia Robert drove Frank and Christine back to the Hilton Hotel. Everyone else except Arnold was at the Bondi Beach Motel.

Arnold was also at the Hilton. Well, Robert had to park his car and left it with his girlfriend. When he came back up to Frank's room he thought he could hear someone crying so he listened at the door. When he knocked on the door Christine opened it and told

Robert that Frank didn't feel like having any company at the moment. A disappointed Robert raced back to the Opera House but missed the Harbour Cruise for the contestants and officials. I was on the cruise with my family and Arnold and Joe were there with most

of the gang. Nice cruise that night.

Paul Graham got the trophies. Can't tell you much about them. We won one for the best support gym. It was about 30 inches high. Paul said there was no time to present it at the contest. Nice one, Paul.

A group of bodybuilders had a meeting at my gym several days after the contest and decided to form a new bb organization. We sent the trophy we won to Chris Dickerson. It read, " To Chris Dickerson,

Mr Olympia 1980 from the bodybuilders of Australia". According to Randy Roach, Chris is proud of that trophy.

One of my photos taken at the contest. I recently edited it to enhance the photo and remove distracting things in the background.
This is an important photo. This was one of the first call outs and Arnold wasn't included. Look at the expression on his face!