Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - info and the trailer  (Read 69605 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - info and the trailer
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:02 AM »
I doubt it. They don't know jackshit about Star Wars.

They mistakenly thought they could slap that label on everything, every year, and it will automatically sell. The last Jedi was overtaken by Jumanji at the box office after 2 weeks of being released (On a holiday as well...). People used to go see SW's movies multiple times in theaters to pick up on all the nuances so they could formulate what could possible happen in future movies. even though the phantom menace was a slow piece of garbage, the Darth Maul scenes were the payoff. Now...

Box Office: 'Jumanji' Overtakes 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' on New Year's Day

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-jumanji-overtakes-star-wars-last-jedi-new-years-day-1070976

Phantom Menace Box Office History: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=starwars.htm

The Last Jedi Box Office History: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=starwars8.htm

Box office numbers are dropping fast.  There is a lack of repeat viewers.  It would be worse too, but most who heard the movie was a train wreck will still go see it anyway out of sheer curiosity.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »
Yes, the box office drop demonstrates that the fans overwhelmingly don't like this movie just like a lot of us said.

After the Rotten Tomatoes controversy some people said that wasn't true and it was just a handfull of "butthurt fanboys" lashing out.

Bullshit.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2018, 04:31:05 AM »
Oh boy....

‘Star Wars' Toy Sales Fall in 2017 as Movie-Tie Fatigue Sets In

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/-star-wars-toy-sales-fall-in-2017-as-movie-tie-fatigue-sets-in

Now toymakers’ big bets on movie tie-ins look downright bleak. Playthings based on the “Star Wars” saga -- the franchise that kicked off the whole phenomenon four decades ago -- were down in 2017 despite a new film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” in December during the all-important holiday-shopping season.

Call it “Star Wars” burnout, or better yet “movie fatigue,” said Gerrick Johnson, an analyst for BMO Capital Markets. Hollywood and toymakers have fixated on toy-friendly films at a time when kids are increasingly turning to YouTube, Netflix and social media for entertainment.

After a decade without a “Star Wars” film, Disney has released three movies since December 2015, and another one is coming in May. The latest installment, “The Last Jedi,” didn’t include many new memorable characters beyond those introduced in the preceding film, Johnson said. That left fans looking for newness elsewhere this year, leading to weaker results than expected, he said.

U.S. sales of the brand’s toys slowed in late 2017, Drew Crum, an analyst for Stifel Nicolaus & Co., wrote in a note to clients last week. This was despite “Last Jedi” being the top-grossing film released in the U.S. last year at $596 million.

Adult collectors, who grew up with the brand, are still buying a lot of merchandise when the toys come out, but demand dies down afterward, according to Johnson.

That doesn’t bode well for Hasbro Inc., which has the main “Star Wars” toy partnership, or Jakks Pacific Inc., which has a secondary license. Jakks said it couldn’t comment on “Star Wars” sales, but that merchandise tied to “Moana,” another Disney film, “remains very strong.” Hasbro declined to comment.

The “Star Wars” performance could hinder Disney’s bid to revive growth at its consumer products division, where sales fell 13 percent to $4.83 billion for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30.
a

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2018, 04:49:22 AM »
Oh boy....

‘Star Wars' Toy Sales Fall in 2017 as Movie-Tie Fatigue Sets In

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/-star-wars-toy-sales-fall-in-2017-as-movie-tie-fatigue-sets-in

Now toymakers’ big bets on movie tie-ins look downright bleak. Playthings based on the “Star Wars” saga -- the franchise that kicked off the whole phenomenon four decades ago -- were down in 2017 despite a new film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” in December during the all-important holiday-shopping season.

Call it “Star Wars” burnout, or better yet “movie fatigue,” said Gerrick Johnson, an analyst for BMO Capital Markets. Hollywood and toymakers have fixated on toy-friendly films at a time when kids are increasingly turning to YouTube, Netflix and social media for entertainment.

After a decade without a “Star Wars” film, Disney has released three movies since December 2015, and another one is coming in May. The latest installment, “The Last Jedi,” didn’t include many new memorable characters beyond those introduced in the preceding film, Johnson said. That left fans looking for newness elsewhere this year, leading to weaker results than expected, he said.

U.S. sales of the brand’s toys slowed in late 2017, Drew Crum, an analyst for Stifel Nicolaus & Co., wrote in a note to clients last week. This was despite “Last Jedi” being the top-grossing film released in the U.S. last year at $596 million.

Adult collectors, who grew up with the brand, are still buying a lot of merchandise when the toys come out, but demand dies down afterward, according to Johnson.

That doesn’t bode well for Hasbro Inc., which has the main “Star Wars” toy partnership, or Jakks Pacific Inc., which has a secondary license. Jakks said it couldn’t comment on “Star Wars” sales, but that merchandise tied to “Moana,” another Disney film, “remains very strong.” Hasbro declined to comment.

The “Star Wars” performance could hinder Disney’s bid to revive growth at its consumer products division, where sales fell 13 percent to $4.83 billion for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30.

It's much worse than this article suggests.  

Go into the toy section at any of these stores... there are shelves and shelves of these SW toys.  Nothing is selling.  The cost of these toys is way too high.  $150 for a Millennium Falcon?  $250 for a Walker?  

Pure greed.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2018, 05:13:51 AM »
It's much worse than this article suggests.  

Go into the toy section at any of these stores... there are shelves and shelves of these SW toys.  Nothing is selling.  The cost of these toys is way too high.  $150 for a Millennium Falcon?  $250 for a Walker?  

Pure greed.

Yes, I went into Toys'R'Us (another discussion for another day) after x-mas to get my nephew a birthday gift and ventured over to the LEGO section. The going price rate for those Star wars items has skyrocketed 500%+ since I was a kid. absolutely insane.

See this $23.00,  87-piece set; the thing is tiny:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Resistance-X-Wing-Fighter-75125/dp/B019IR53CU/ref=sr_1_8?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1516281099&sr=1-8&keywords=star+wars+lego
a

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »
Yes, I went into Toys'R'Us (another discussion for another day) after x-mas to get my nephew a birthday gift and ventured over to the LEGO section. The going price rate for those Star wars items has skyrocketed 500%+ since I was a kid. absolutely insane.

See this $23.00,  87-piece set; the thing is tiny:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Resistance-X-Wing-Fighter-75125/dp/B019IR53CU/ref=sr_1_8?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1516281099&sr=1-8&keywords=star+wars+lego

I understand the currency inflation since 1978, but these prices are out of reach for lower income parents/kids. 

Disney will still make money because the SW fanboys bought enough toys (at full price) during the first few weeks after the movie was released. 

I'm still surprised at what Lucas sold the Star Wars franchise for.  He probably could've got twice what he was paid. 

I know they won't, but I would really love to see Disney go bankrupt.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2018, 06:04:13 AM »
That price isn't a Star Wars dynamic, it's a Lego dynamic.  They've been off the charts expensive for some time.
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #407 on: January 20, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
oh no no no....
a

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: January 20, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
oh no no no....

Good.  This is what happens when leftist ideologies, social justice and feminism gets forced down everyone's throats.  Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy should never be allowed to make movies ever again.  JJ Abrams is stuck now, he's going down with the ship.   

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #409 on: January 20, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
oh no no no....

Great!

That will hopefully send a message that their liberal feminist-agenda isn't commercially viable across the world,

and if they want to make as much money as they did before, they need to retort to the old classic Lucas-formula.

Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #410 on: January 21, 2018, 01:39:59 PM »
Good.  This is what happens when leftist ideologies, social justice and feminism gets forced down everyone's throats.  Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy should never be allowed to make movies ever again.  JJ Abrams is stuck now, he's going down with the ship.   

I wonder if Abrams even wanted a female lead in the first place but was forced by Disney to put her in.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »
oh no no no....

Disney thought sticking that fat little Vietnamese girl in the movie was going to give it legs in Asia.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #412 on: January 21, 2018, 03:58:31 PM »
I can't wait to see how Emilia Clarke's character cucks Han Solo in the new "Solo" movie.  They will probably fall in love and have a sex scene where she pegs him.

I'm sure that piece of shit movie is also going to be full of bad-ass, girl power...standing up to the patriarchy.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #413 on: January 26, 2018, 09:51:56 AM »
For any of you white guys that for some reason are fond of that pile of shit called Rogue One, let's have a little chat.  Here is the main cast of that movie......

Felicity Jones - Female (Feminist wet dream of the petite girl that can somehow beat up men)
Diego Luna - Mexican
Riz Ahmed - Pakistani Mooslim (who also happens to be a rapper and political activist that advocates for Syria "refugees")
Donnie Yen - Chinaman
Jiang Wen - Chinaman
Forrest Whittaker - Black guy
James Earl Jones - Black guy
Ben Medelsohn - White dude but plays a villain based on a NAZI
Mads Mikkelsen - Danish white dude but builds a planet destroying super weapon for the NAZIs
Alan Tudyk - White dude but only plays a robot....who is black

...and here's a nice quote from the two phaggots that wrote the script.....

Chris Weitz, the writer of the upcoming Star Wars spinoff Rogue One tweeted a few days after the election, “Please note that the Empire is a white supremacist (human) organization.”

It’s one that’s opposed in Rogue One “by a multicultural group led by brave women,” chimed in Weitz’s co-writer Gary Whitta.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2018, 07:57:51 AM »
You're too liberal and open-minded Calvin! :D

Sitting there , watching the movie , enjoying your soda without seeing any political message or agenda at all! :D

I wish i could have your mindset in this current state of society.

I saw the original in the move theaters in 1977..I was too young to be there but my dad took me anyway.I saw it eleven times including three times in one day when my dad raced around town from one theater to another.To this day he says it was because of me but I know he liked it that much that I was his excuse.

When the movie started and the opening began to scroll I became that young kid again.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
Leia Poppins Y'all.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2018, 08:15:12 AM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #418 on: February 15, 2018, 08:02:50 AM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2018, 07:53:24 AM »
...and Rey's head looks a lot fatter than when they took the promotional photos for The Force Awakens.  She's been gaining ever since.  Gonna look like Rosie O'Donnell by the time episode 9 hits.

Oh shit, I told you guys.  What the fuck?  Hahaha. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »
Oh shit, I told you guys.  What the fuck?  Hahaha. 

WTF?  Off-season bulking...fuglying? 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2018, 08:02:25 AM »
WTF?  Off-season bulking...fuglying? 

She was out in public, literally at fucking Disneyland where pictures of her are plastered all over the place.  Bet nobody recognized her.  Hahaha.

I don't know when this picture was taken but it was probably 2016 or 2017.    She's on her way to Nicole Eggert-ville.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2018, 09:20:41 AM »
She was out in public, literally at fucking Disneyland where pictures of her are plastered all over the place.  Bet nobody recognized her.  Hahaha.

I don't know when this picture was taken but it was probably 2016 or 2017.    She's on her way to Nicole Eggert-ville.

Nobody would recognize that.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2018, 10:48:33 AM »
Nobody would recognize that.

The fuck is that sloppy outfit she's wearing?

Did she gamble away all her Star Wars money?  What is going on?  lol.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »
The fuck is that sloppy outfit she's wearing?

Did she gamble away all her Star Wars money?  What is going on?  lol.

its a romper,