Author Topic: Civil War Within The Democrat Party  (Read 12538 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Civil War Within The Democrat Party
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »
Good luck winning the Electoral College or controlling the senate with this type of mindset.

The Democrat outside of the coastal region is becoming extinct.

Report: Silicon Valley Democrat Says Middle America Is ‘Podunk, USA

Silicon Valley’s Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) reportedly referred to Middle America as “Podunk, USA” during a closed-door Energy and Commerce Committee meeting last week.
According to the Washington Free Beacon, the California Democrat’s remarks raised eyebrows from those present.

The term “podunk” is used to refer to a small town or village that is small or insignificant. The term is commonly seen as an insult.

The Washington Free Beacon reported that Eshoo was frustrated with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai’s comments about expanding broadband access to rural areas.

Pai reportedly said that eliminating Title II “Net Neutrality” rules would benefit places he has traveled to, such as Parsons, Kansas; Elverson, Pennsylvania; and Cadillac, Michigan. That is when Eshoo reportedly wished out loud that Pai would stop talking about “Podunk, USA” and adjust his focus to the venture capitalists in her Palo Alto District on Sand Hill Road instead.

An unnamed member present at the meeting, who represents a flyover state, reportedly said districts in Middle America are just as important as those in Silicon Valley.

A growing number of Americans feel the Democratic Party is out of touch and have accused it of shifting its focus to coastal elites while ignoring the everyday Americans that are directly affected by the deep-pockets legislation they pass.

In January, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said the Democrats lost to President Donald Trump for this very reason. “I happen to believe that the Democratic Party has been not doing a good job in terms of communicating with people in cities, in towns and in rural America, all over this country,” Sanders said.

The party is also increasingly divided. However, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) appeared to be in denial about the severely fractured state of the organization when, in an interview with ABC’s Jonathan Karl, she said the Democratic Party is “n terms of unity, 100 percent unified.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
CNN’s Zeleny: ‘The Democratic Bench Is Very, Very Thin’ – Still Trying to Figure Out Who Is the Party’s Heart

On Friday’s broadcast of PBS’ “Washington Week,” CNN Senior White House Correspondent Jeff Zeleny stated Democrats are still trying to figure out who is the party’s beating heart, and that Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is the party’s “driving force” because he’s filling a vacuum left by the fact that “the Democratic bench is very, very thin.”

Zeleny was asked, “Who is the beating heart of the Democratic Party right now?”

He responded, “It is the central question in all of politics. And Democrats are trying to figure it out, because it’s not — the answer is not what some would like. I mean, Bernie Sanders is still the driving force at the head of the party.”

He added, “Bernie Sanders is going to give the party a lot of trouble in the next couple years. He is still occupying a lot of oxygen that [Senator] Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) thought was hers, that some other Democrats thought was theirs. The reality is, the Democratic bench is very, very thin. Look at the governors, almost nonexistent, the ranks there. State senators, decimated in the Obama years. In the vacuum, Bernie Sanders, in all of his glory, is rising up and loving every minute of it.”

Old geriatric white communists from Mew York and Cali

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »
Old geriatric white communists from Mew York and Cali

They really think swarmy SNL skits and hate filled Steven Cobert rants will connect with the working class of middle America.

Such a terrible strategy and will lead to further losses in Congress and state level elections.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
They really think swarmy SNL skits and hate filled Steven Cobert rants will connect with the working class of middle America.

Such a terrible strategy and will lead to further losses in Congress and state level elections.

I agree. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »
The Pro-Bernie faction has not forgotten how they were screwed by the corrupt DNC and they will be a factor in the next couple elections.

DNC Chair Tom Perez heckled by Sanders' camp in California

A disgruntled Bernie supporter explains his decision to boo the former Secretary of Labor in the corresponding youtube link provided.

Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, got booed and heckled by protesters this weekend at one of the biggest state conventions for the party in California.

The protests weren't coming from Trump supporters, but members of the Democratic Party that feel the state convention is being co-opted by establishment interest groups.

Was A Special Prosecutor For President Trump Inevitable?
Watch Full Screen
Chanting could be heard as Perez went into the California Democratic Convention this weekend. "Aye, oh, corporate greed has got to go," was the way it went.

"We are booing because we feel Perez is part of the establishment that keeps co-opting the progressive movement," Gilbert Feliciano, a protest participant who is also a state delegate, told local news affiliates. "The corporatists have an ally with Tom Perez. We felt like it was important to come and voice our discontent."

One issue fueling the discontent with Perez is healthcare. Healthcare-worker groups want the Democrats to get behind a statewide healthcare-provider plan similar to what Massachusetts had adopted about a decade ago.

The convention had been under pressure to show a unified voice between the establishment party and those with the more progressive wing that sided with Democratic presidential contender Sen. Bernie Sanders in the 2016 presidential campaign.

But it appears the establishment may have won out in the end. In a heavily contested fight that went late into the evening Saturday, the California Democratic Committee appointed a new chairman, Eric Bauman, who isn't in the Sanders' camp.

The progressive candidate for chairman was Kimberly Ellis, an activist from the San Francisco Bay Area. She refused to concede at first, saying she had to talk with a legal counsel even after it was clear Bauman had won. She eventually did bow out.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 09:08:45 PM »

Democrats still don't get it why white, working-class, middle-America don't see the country the way Maxine Waters, Anderson Cooper, Michael Moore, and Rosie O'Donnell do.

2018 will bring about a Super Majority....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
Spike Lee: Hillary Clinton Thought She Was ‘Entitled’ to the Presidency
Breitbart ^ | 5/22/2017 | Jerome Hudson
Posted on 5/22/2017, 2:41:18 PM by simpson96

Filmmaker Spike Lee unleashed a flurry of personal insults at President Donald Trump and revealed why Hillary Clinton was wrong to think she was “entitled” to the presidency in an interview this week. In a brief conversation with Hollywood Reporter at the Cannes Film Festival, the Do The Right Thing director didn’t mince words about the commander-in-chief: “He’s not my president. I call him Agent Orange.”

“There was some clip I saw yesterday of him dancing with the Saudis that was just ludicrous,” Lee said about Trump recent foreign trip to Saudi Arabia. “Not only is he not a good president, he can’t dance either,” Lee said while laughing. “He could be impeached on his rhythm. He’s the clown with the nuclear codes.”

Lee endorsed Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders for president in a radio ad last February and blasted the Democrat party’s “rigged” primary system.

When asked if he ever came around to supporting Clinton, Lee unloaded on the former frontrunner.

“Have you read the book Shattered? Great book,” Lee said of the new Clinton campaign tell-all, Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign, which offers a blistering behind-the-scenes look at how Hillary Clinton lost the election.

“Hillary comes with entitlement. They thought they were entitled to this and despite what you might think, you gotta work,” Lee explained. “If you’re chilling at Martha’s Vineyard, and think ‘It’s a done deal.’ But it wasn’t. There’s one thing you can learn from sports. To quote Yogi Bear: “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.” They thought it was theirs. Shit don’t work like that.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 12:57:18 PM »
Progressive 'Justice' Democrat To Primary West Virginia Democrat Senator Joe Manchin

ACTIVIST ACCEPTS SEN. JOE MANCHIN’S CHALLENGE TO “FIND SOMEBODY WHO CAN BEAT ME“

WEST VIRGINIA’S DEMOCRATIC Sen. Joe Manchin used a conference call with local activists in February to tell them to stop complaining about his pro-corporate voting record.

“What you ought to do is vote me out. Vote me out! I’m not changing. Find somebody else who can beat me and vote me out,” he dared the activists.

Paula Jean Swearengin, an environmental activist descended from generations of coal miners, has accepted that challenge, announcing earlier this month that she will be challenging Manchin for the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate.

She is one of the first candidates endorsed by Brand New Congress, a new effort spawned by former Bernie Sanders staffers who want to recruit both Democrats and Republicans who have never held office before to run for Congress.

Swearengin’s grandfather died of black lung disease and she has had multiple family members who have suffered from illnesses related to working in the coal mines.

That’s an industry Manchin has been allied to since his days as governor. “Governor Manchin gets it!” exclaimed Bill Raney, president of the West Virginia Coal Association, following his election to the Senate in 2010. Since then, Manchin has not disappointed Big Coal. He has fought the Environmental Protection Agency’s ability to regulate coal pollution and was one of two Democrats who voted to support President Trump’s appointment of climate denier Scott Pruitt as EPA chief.

In an interview with The Intercept, Swearengin described the impact coal and environmental pollution have had on her own life.

“I was born a coal miner’s daughter, granddaughter,” she explained. But the industry that employed her family also battered its health. “I have watched several of my family members suffer with … cancer, black lung, suffer from heart disease.”

Pollution from coal mining impacted every area of her life. “When I was a little girl, our water was orange with a blue and purple film. And we drank that water,” she lamented.

To Swearengin, West Virginia’s historic dependence on the coal industry has created an impossible choice for the people of the state. “We’ve been bid against each other for basic human rights,” she explained. “There’s no reason that people should have to worry about putting food on the table for their children and clean water. Appalachians are strong. We’re better than that. So my path to primary Joe Manchin is to fight back. Fight back for my community. Fight back for my neighbors, my family, my friends.”

She confronted Manchin over water pollution at a town hall last March, earning applause when she denounced the fossil fuel industry.

paula-Swearengin-joe-manchin-west-virginia-1495054775 Paula Swearengin speaks to Sen. Joe Manchin during the People’s Town Hall in South Charleston, W.Va., in March 2017. Photo: Brand New Congress
Her platform is built around offering West Virginians an alternative to the coal industry’s stranglehold over the state’s economy, framing this as delivering”economic freedom.” It includes support for tuition-free college, Medicare for All, and investment in infrastructure.

West Virginia went to President Trump by over 40 points in November, making it one of his strongest states in the nation, leading some political commentators to believe that the state is deeply supportive of right-wing Republicans and that it is impossible for a progressive Democrat to win. Swearengin doesn’t see it that way.

“The reason that people ended up voting for Donald Trump is because they’re desperate,” she said. “When they don’t have any other options and somebody’s sitting there saying, ‘Well, let’s give you jobs,’ those were false promises but when somebody is desperate to feed their children, they make poor choices.”

Swearengin views Trump’s election as part of a larger problem in politics in her state: that Democrats and Republicans have converged in ideology and are no longer offering meaningful choices. “The thing that aggravates me the most about the Republicans and the Democrats in this state, they’re all the same. One of the biggest polluting coal barons in West Virginia, Jim Justice, is my Democratic governor,” she explained. “That’s another reason that I decided to run for office. Because he’s my governor, he’s blowing silica dust three miles from my house into my children’s lungs. But he’s a Democrat. He’s a Democrat. But he’s basically a Republican.”

Although there has not yet been any polling produced on the race, there is some evidence that Swearengin’s campaign may not be quixotic. A little over a year ago, Bernie Sanders won every single county in the state in the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton, a sign that whatever advantages Manchin has as the incumbent senator, there appears to be more anti-establishment feeling on the ground than he is anticipating

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
Democrats still don't get it why white, working-class, middle-America don't see the country the way Maxine Waters, Anderson Cooper, Michael Moore, and Rosie O'Donnell do.

2018 will bring about a Super Majority....

X2

Terrible 50 state strategy.

Democrats will be very hard pressed to take back the Senate within the next decade.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »
X2

Terrible 50 state strategy.

Democrats will be very hard pressed to take back the Senate within the next decade.

Look at people who whore democrat values on this page

Gay white hipsters like StrawQueen
Old White Geriatric Marxist fossils like Prime /Basile
Blacks like Option Cupcake / Andrelovesthebuffet
Europisson posters who dont matter 

Who else? 

Democrat party is a clown mobile of losers

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 01:11:43 PM »
CA Dem Party Tells Progressives “Shut The F*ck Up"

@7:30 "If there is a grass roots swell and more people want something, they are going to squelch them, just like they did Bernie Sanders. So they don't care anything about the will of the people. The Democrat party doesn't not care about the will of their own people. They care about the people in power"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »
Diane Feinstein Reveals How Evil Corporate Democrats Are

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2017, 02:27:57 PM »
Sanders revolution hits a rough patch

Bernie's supporters struggle to capture the actual levers of power.

SACRAMENTO — By many measures, the Bernie Sanders revolution proved a smashing success. Young people registered to vote, and small donors opened their wallets. Economic issues like the minimum wage and student debt were pushed to the forefront of the presidential debate. From big city rallies to the backwaters of precinct-level elections, the progressive movement breathes new life in no small part due to the Vermont senator.

But nearly a year after Sanders’ presidential run fell short, one thing is missing in the afterglow — a reliable string of victories at the ballot box.

The losses are piling up. Earlier this month, Democrat Heath Mello, whom Sanders campaigned with, failed to unseat a Republican in Omaha’s race for mayor. Kimberly Ellis, the candidate endorsed by Our Revolution, the successor group to Sanders’ presidential campaign, lost a fiercely contested race for California Democratic Party chair. And on Thursday night, Republican Greg Gianforte bested Rob Quist, another Democrat for whom Sanders campaigned, in a nationally watched House race in Montana.

Speaking at a victory party, Gianforte called the election proof “Bernie Sanders and Nancy Pelosi can’t call the shots here in Montana.”

Following Quist’s loss, progressive Democrats took solace in their candidate’s unexpectedly close showing, with Quist heralding the “energy” of party activists in his state. On the West Coast, Ellis’ supporters clung to the promise of increased representation at the party’s lower rungs.

But that’s not the same as actual control of the levers of power, and the optimism belied the difficulty Sanders’ supporters have had turning their enthusiasm into electoral success.

“I would say that progress is sometimes slow, and that building a movement takes time,” said Wendy Carrillo, a progressive activist aligned with Sanders supporters who ran unsuccessfully in an April congressional special election in Los Angeles. “We’re really good on the messaging, and the rallies … But it needs to translate into votes."

In the days before the Montana election, Sanders’ supporters had looked east for inspiration, ballyhooing elections in New Hampshire and New York in which Democrats flipped traditionally Republican seats. Christine Pellegrino, a former Sanders delegate who won a legislative seat in New York, declared, “This is a thunderbolt of resistance.”

But Pellegrino and Edie DesMarais, the Democrat who prevailed in New Hampshire, were competing in relatively low-profile races. In higher stakes competitive congressional contests last year, Sanders-backed candidates Zephyr Teachout and Lucy Flores were defeated in New York and Nevada, respectively.

In California, a heavily Democratic electorate in November rejected a drug-pricing initiative Sanders championed, while Colorado turned down a measure that Sanders rallied for to create a universal health care system.

After the 2016 election, Sanders faced an even higher-profile setback: The Democratic National Committee installed a prominent Hillary Clinton surrogate, Tom Perez, as its chairman, defeating Rep. Keith Ellison, Sanders’ preferred choice. Sanders-aligned candidates secured victories in state party chair races in Hawaii and Nebraska, but they were rebuffed in California, Florida, Iowa and Maine.

The limitations of the Sanders movement were nowhere more apparent than in the open congressional race in Los Angeles this spring, in a district Sanders carried last year. While Our Revolution has since endorsed Jimmy Gomez, a state assemblyman with a progressive record in Sacramento, two primary challengers with Sanders ties — Carrillo and Arturo Carmona, a deputy in Sanders’ presidential campaign — together received barely more than 10 percent of the vote.

“The test is whether you turn out for an election, right?” said former California Assembly Speaker John A. Pérez, an Ellison supporter who was an early favorite in the House race before he dropped out with a health condition. “They didn’t turn out and organize for either of the Bernie candidates in the Jimmy Gomez race. So instead the guy who gets cast as the most institutional — Jimmy — and the guy with the least credibility as a Democratic candidate — (Robert) Ahn — move forward. So that tells me there’s nothing sustainable about the way in which they engaged in that race.”

Even when Sanders supporters have organized aggressively, the effect on elections has been marginal. Early this year, Sanders supporters in California flooded into long-ignored, district-level meetings at which one-third of state Democratic Party delegates are selected, seeking to leave their mark on the race for chair of the nation’s biggest state party.

While the race did not fit neatly along ideological lines — Eric Bauman, the establishment favorite who prevailed by a narrow margin, is a longtime supporter of progressive causes — the powerful California Nurses Association and many Sanders-aligned delegates rallied around Ellis, a relative newcomer, packing the state party convention this past weekend and highlighting intra-party divisions still simmering after the November election.

“Shut the f--- up or go outside,” John Burton, Bauman’s predecessor, told liberal activists at one point in the proceedings.

Ellis has not yet formally conceded, with her supporters still reviewing ballots at the party headquarters.

Earlier this week, California Gov. Jerry Brown downplayed the intra-party discord, telling reporters the party has “had a lot of divisions before.” And Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who was mentioned as a potential vice presidential pick for Hillary Clinton last year, said it would be wrong to “mistake the loudest voices as being the most representative.”

“There are certainly new voices, and people are pissed off,” he said. “And I am, too.”

However, Garcetti added, “If we only turn that anger inward, I fear we become the permanent party of opposition … Over the next couple months, we’d better get our act together.”

Garry South, a longtime Democratic strategist in California, said pressure from the Sanders movement has contributed to a leftward shift in the Democratic Party that “you have to look at it with kind of a longer-term perspective than just piling up some quick victories.”

“These movements can energize a party, they can infuse a party with new vigor and motivation,” he said. “But, you know, sometimes they get folded into the party and sometimes certain elements in that new faction get pissed off and burned out … I think it remains to be seen whether the ‘Berniecrat’ movement has staying power or not.”

Larry Cohen, the chairman of Our Revolution's board, said this week that enthusiasm for Sanders’ candidacy has “definitely gotten thousands of people involved who weren’t before,” which he called “the main scorecard for us.”

But Cohen was closely watching the outcome of Pellegrino and Quist’s campaigns.

“Obviously, it’s not a lot of fun to run in elections and not do well,” he said. “I’m not saying there’s no goal of winning elections … I’d say it’s a building process.”

Meanwhile, Sanders-inspired Democrats are preparing for tests across the country in next year’s midterm elections. Carrillo, who described the progressive movement as “going through some growing pains,” said “the left, or the progressive wing of the party, just needs to be better organized on getting votes out.”

She added, “We’re trying to figure it out.”

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 02:53:31 PM »
I'm surprised there aren't any Democrats on this board in here defending their party.  :-\
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »

I actually agree with that statement.

I'll continue to support intelligent republicans and conservative democrats with intelligent views.

Trump is a clueless buffoon.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
I'm surprised there aren't any Democrats on this board in here defending their party.  :-\

The fact they continue to chase this guy they consider to be a complete buffoon down these rabbit holes while continuing to rack up loss after loss and refusing to admit they have a problem is pretty incredible.

I can only hope this train wreck will continue for 8 years.

Which it probably will.  8)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »
The fact they continue to chase this guy they consider to be a complete buffoon down these rabbit holes while continuing to rack up loss after loss and refusing to admit they have a problem is pretty incredible.

My wife and I are NOT dems and both voted 100% republican since 2012, expect for Hillary last election.
We are definitely NOT for liberal democrat policies, but find Trump INDIVIDUALLY to be a train wreck as POTUS.

People like us view Trump, not conservatives as the main problem in the GOP.
We have no desire to vote for most current dems.

So, my wife and I are "never Trump" conservative libertarians.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2017, 06:35:33 AM »

Look at the e democrat line up - bunch of clowns and commies

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
A DNC exec blasted Hillary for her vast array of blaming yesterday; He ended up deleting his rant, and saying that her donations were "laundering"  :o:

a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
A DNC exec blasted Hillary for her vast array of blaming yesterday; He ended up deleting his rant, and saying that her donations were "laundering"  :o:

Looks like another future dead guy we will be hearing about in the coming weeks.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
I hope she comes back in 2020 and destroys all these dissidents in a hotly contested primary.

Democrats Are Asking Hillary Clinton to Step out of the Spotlight

Democrats are reportedly fed up with Hillary Clinton’s litany of excuses for losing the 2016 election and are asking her to step out of the limelight.
The consensus among former Clinton aides, former Obama aides, and Democratic strategists is that Clinton’s remarks blaming the Democratic National Committee and others for her election loss are hurting her image and the image of the Democratic Party, the Hill reported.

“She’s apparently still really, really angry. I mean, we all are. The election was stolen from her, and that’s how she feels,” one longtime Clinton aide said.

“But to go out there publicly again and again and talk about it? And then blame the DNC? It’s not helpful to Democrats. It’s not helpful to the country, and I don’t think it’s helpful to her,” the aide added.

Former DNC Data Director Andrew Therriault was a lot less restrained in his criticism of Clinton, calling her accusations against the DNC “fucking bullshit.”

Clinton has also gone on-the-record blaming former FBI Director James Comey, the Russians, the press, her primary and general election opponents, and even sexism for her election loss.

Some aides and strategists think Clinton needs to step out of the spotlight entirely and let new leaders in the party take up that role.

“If she is trying to come across as the leader of the angry movement of what happened in 2016, then she’s achieving it,” said one former senior aide to Obama. “But part of the problem she had was she didn’t have a vision for the Democratic Party, and she needs to now take a break and let others come to the forefront.”

Despite those in the party calling on Clinton to leave the public eye, her aides and advisers say she will probably remain in the public spotlight to discuss the 2016 election to promote her book that will be released this fall.

Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons says that she should talk more about where she went wrong in the election as opposed to blaming others for her elections.

“It would be nice to hear a little more about the things she did wrong, which I believe mattered more than what she has discussed,” Simmons said.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Look at people who whore democrat values on this page

Gay white hipsters like StrawQueen
Old White Geriatric Marxist fossils like Prime /Basile
Blacks like Option Cupcake / Andrelovesthebuffet
Europisson posters who dont matter 

Who else? 

Democrat party is a clown mobile of losers

Has Vince posted on this board?   ???  Can't be regularly or I would've seen it.  What sorts of things did he say?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 09:26:15 AM »
This is great entertainment.  :D "SAY THE PLEDGE FIRST BITCH!"  ;D

Dem Lawmaker Walks Out of Town Hall Event After Crowd Starts Chanting “We Love Trump!”

Rep. Nanette Barragan (D-CA) held a raucous town hall event last week at Stephen M. White School in Carson, California.

The Democrat lawmaker ran from the venue after the pro-Trump crowd started chanting, “We love Trump!”

The pro-Trump crowd started screaming and chanting in the opening minutes of the town hall event.

That’s when Rep. Barragan cut from the event and walked out of the auditorium.

Barragan is in her first term.

a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

how anyone could admit to being a dem these days is beyond me... just look at these fucks lol... saw that perez fella speak on tv... hahahaha!!! id be embarrassed to be one of those lib clowns standing there behind that asswipe.

I admit it. I am a Democrat.

Perez Hilton, the openly gay gossip blogger known for tweeting an "upskirt" photo of Miley Cyrus and taking Miss USA contestant Carrie Prejean to task for her opposition to same-sex marriage is actually an "ultraconservative," according to Salon. A post by Mary Elizabeth Williams compares Hilton to such conservatives as James Dobson and The Atlantic's Caitlin Flanagan, then goes onto say: like an overly evangelical politician or priest (Hilton, interestingly, is an alum of the Belen Jesuit School), he spends his time obsessing on the sins of others -- but without the mannerly restraint those other guardians of our good behavior are obliged to show. He's closer in spirit to those abortion clinic protesters brandishing posters of fetuses, preferring to stomp around and wave his vivid shows of outrage in our faces. Look at this! Isn't it DISGUSTING? Here, let me get another eyeful. Still HORRIBLE!

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2010/07/is-perez-hilton-a-conservative/59453/

Does anyone honestly take this fellow seriously?