Author Topic: Online dating. The odds are not in your favor  (Read 19740 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Online dating. The odds are not in your favor
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 12:05:58 AM »
I get that you think you're clever and you ask condescending questions and shit thinking you're clever and I won't "catch on", but it's about as lame as your buddy TheScott's "PB&J in jail" jokes.
Jeez, if you are not a gimmick then you must be the last person in the world that would "catch on" to anything.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:18 AM »
I get that you think you're clever and you ask condescending questions and shit thinking you're clever and I won't "catch on", but it's about as lame as your buddy TheScott's "PB&J in jail" jokes.

ESFitness, if you were to meet Groink in jail, which one of you would do the bidding for the other?

I think Groink might have one up on you.
X

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 12:18:25 AM »
Jeez, if you are not a gimmick then you must be the last person in the world that would "catch on" to anything.

Your life is full of paranoia and obcession with other men who are barely aware you're alive. Much like how that dunce of a wife thinks of you.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:41 AM »
i think i made a trade about dating sites last week, ive since then deleted my accounts.
cant stand it.
cant stand the tattoes.
the nose rings.
their retarded descriptions on how they want mr right, a cottage in the country side.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:46 AM »
ESFitness, if you were to meet Groink in jail, which one of you would do the bidding for the other?

I think Groink might have one up on you.

That's the 2nd time youve used the term "
Do the bidding". What the fuck is wrong with you? You go to church 5 days a week as a child? Mommy n daddy not allow pg13movies in the house?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »
i think i made a trade about dating sites last week, ive since then deleted my accounts.
cant stand it.
cant stand the tattoes.
the nose rings.
their retarded descriptions on how they want mr right, a cottage in the country side.

You did the right thing

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 12:56:36 AM »
That's the 2nd time youve used the term "
Do the bidding". What the fuck is wrong with you? You go to church 5 days a week as a child? Mommy n daddy not allow pg13movies in the house?

Sorry, ESFitness, I was just trying to use "prison/jail" lingo.

What term would you suggest I use to describe when one inmate forces another inmate to do things?
X

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 02:18:45 AM »
I've had moderate success on POF but the odds aren't great. I think the ratio for men to women must be something like 5 to 1. A chick who is reasonably hot gets dozens of messages a day.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 03:11:15 AM »
I've had moderate success on POF but the odds aren't great. I think the ratio for men to women must be something like 5 to 1. A chick who is reasonably hot gets dozens of messages a day.

you need to go for the single moms.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 03:40:54 AM »
I've been around online dating for years now.

Met a few girls, nothing much ensued

Here's my take.

Once they turn around 27, 90% of them want kids and declare it up front (fair).  So there's that.  Right off the bat, you're down to a very small amount of women - personally, my disposition on kids is based on merit of the woman (ie, I have no inbuilt desire to procreate, only to retain a woman who wants that).  Merit is very hard to establish from a dating profile, so most of them fall short - because they are not absolute goddesses or they do not express themselves sufficiently to really pull me in. 

At least 50% of that 10% remaining are overweight.  Nothing particularly wrong with that for the regular man, but obviously not something a gym type would want.

At around 32 years old 25% of that 10% are not ageing gracefully.  Again, nothing particularly wrong with that for some people - it's just not my bag or probably many of the men on there.  To clarify - at this stage, a dating profile is really very visual - you can't judge a person on their personality on dating profile.  You might meet that same girl on the street and be down with her, but when she's just a picture and a two line spiel about how she likes travel and movies.. what else can you really do?

So now you're down to 2.5%

And when I say YOU, I mean, you AND the rest of the men on the site because most of us think the exact same way.

That's internet dating.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 05:37:19 AM »
don't forget about the attention whores who just go there to get a like to feed their ego

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 05:49:55 AM »
don't forget about the attention whores who just go there to get a like to feed their ego

Good point. There are tons of those, who have no intention of meeting amyone. Just reject for the ego boost.

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 06:33:38 AM »
Superbugs, STDs, and Dating Apps:

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
if you cant hook up five times a week online

you are dj 181
T

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »
I'm meeting a lot of pretty hot chicks on pof but one constant. 90% are single moms and all are divorced.  There are young ones mid 20s with 3 kids already.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 11:33:29 AM »
I've been around online dating for years now.

Met a few girls, nothing much ensued

Here's my take.

Once they turn around 27, 90% of them want kids and declare it up front (fair).  So there's that.  Right off the bat, you're down to a very small amount of women - personally, my disposition on kids is based on merit of the woman (ie, I have no inbuilt desire to procreate, only to retain a woman who wants that).  Merit is very hard to establish from a dating profile, so most of them fall short - because they are not absolute goddesses or they do not express themselves sufficiently to really pull me in. 

At least 50% of that 10% remaining are overweight.  Nothing particularly wrong with that for the regular man, but obviously not something a gym type would want.

At around 32 years old 25% of that 10% are not ageing gracefully.  Again, nothing particularly wrong with that for some people - it's just not my bag or probably many of the men on there.  To clarify - at this stage, a dating profile is really very visual - you can't judge a person on their personality on dating profile.  You might meet that same girl on the street and be down with her, but when she's just a picture and a two line spiel about how she likes travel and movies.. what else can you really do?

So now you're down to 2.5%

And when I say YOU, I mean, you AND the rest of the men on the site because most of us think the exact same way.

That's internet dating.

Great post!

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 12:58:11 PM »
Sounds about average. Pof is like fish in a bucket for me. Posted plenty about it here. Could write a book. All youngotta do is stand out and not be the piece of arrogant shit with a piss poor attitude they expect
I'm sure it would be a best seller in the fiction section!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: participating in online dating is a fail and is rotten to it's roots

don't be desperate
do something with your life that you're passionate about
while you are doing that thing you're passionate about then you'll find someone and that someone will connect with you because you share the same sincere passion
however if you're doing something you're passionate about you'll be to excited from doing that to even care if you meet someone

nobody meets anyone of substance on a internet dating site

"But I met my wife online and she's the love of my life"

no she isn't.......you just tell yourself that

I miss the old johny..the "I only posed nude and sucked dick for money but I was never gay"
self depreciating,funny,witty old poster.
not this older version that hates the world.

....maybe you'd be interested in selling your account to someone who could post in your old style?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
I'm meeting a lot of pretty hot chicks on pof but one constant. 90% are single moms and all are divorced.  There are young ones mid 20s with 3 kids already.
Lets not forget the ones that put out their IG as well.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
Why use the apps? Women are everywhere you look. 52% of the world population.
Just walk up to the lady and start talking.
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
Why use the apps? Women are everywhere you look. 52% of the world population.
Just walk up to the lady and start talking.

"Kies jij maar, eerst een biertje of eerst neuken"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »
Niet nuken in de kuken.

It's all they taught me.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 02:41:48 PM »
Niet neuken in de keuken.

It's all they taught me.

Fixed :D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »

I miss the old johny..the "I only posed nude and sucked dick for money but I was never gay"
self depreciating,funny,witty old poster.
not this older version that hates the world.

....maybe you'd be interested in selling your account to someone who could post in your old style?

how dare you

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »
I'm sure it would be a best seller in the fiction section!

I'm sure bums like you would read it... And fantasize about what its like to actually do shit instead of living your shitty lives cowering in fear.