Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion  (Read 70639 times)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion
« Reply #550 on: August 27, 2017, 12:26:06 PM »
I hated those fights  >:(

coz Arguello was such a good and decent dude, as they said a true gentleman of the ring with tons of class 8)

Arguello was 5'10" and fought at light bantamweight I believe which is 118

too bad he never fought Duran at lightweight

Loved Arguello too. But those are great fights, no matter what the outcome was.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

What the hell does body weight have to do with punching? If it does then why mention Tyson ? He was barely a heavyweight.

Tyson fought at 215-220, same as most classic heavyweights

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: make the getbig kings list your 2 predictions 4 the mayweather fight
« Reply #552 on: August 27, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
allowing kicking wouldn't have saved McGreggor either

And after having solved the "mystery" of Conor, M knows this.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: August 27, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
Tyson fought at 215-220, same as most classic heavyweights

Shavers was bout 6 ft 215 and they have Tyson at 5'10 but I always thought he was shorter than that. Marciano was listed at 5'11 and they both had similar builds actually. Maybe Tyson dabbled some which would explain the extra weight. Tyson was always the shorter opponent with the shorter reach. He sure made the most of what he had to work with. Anyway Mike was about the same weight but gave up a few inches to most classic HW. My point was you can't dismiss Ali simply by saying he fought bums. Simply not true. Holyfield man handled Tyson, Ali I'm sure although we will never know would beat him when all was said and done.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #554 on: August 28, 2017, 12:24:41 AM »

Shavers was bout 6 ft 215 and they have Tyson at 5'10 but I always thought he was shorter than that. Marciano was listed at 5'11 and they both had similar builds actually. Maybe Tyson dabbled some which would explain the extra weight. Tyson was always the shorter opponent with the shorter reach. He sure made the most of what he had to work with. Anyway Mike was about the same weight but gave up a few inches to most classic HW. My point was you can't dismiss Ali simply by saying he fought bums. Simply not true. Holyfield man handled Tyson, Ali I'm sure although we will never know would beat him when all was said and done.

how bout ma man Holmes  8)

dead had an OUTSTANDING FAST JAB

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: August 28, 2017, 07:28:01 AM »

Tyson has been listed as 5'9 1/2 earlier on in his career.

By the time he fought Holyfield he didn't have the same discipline or training regimen like he had previously under Cus D'Amato.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »
Tyson has been listed as 5'9 1/2 earlier on in his career.

By the time he fought Holyfield he didn't have the same discipline or training regimen like he had previously under Cus D'Amato.

Cut died pretty early in Tyson's career. It was Kevin Rooney being fired that was the start of the decline. Rooney wasn't such a great coach with other boxers. But he knew how to make Tyson so dangerous. His defensive game was really the focal point.

BTW, lots of speculation in this thread. Tyson was one of a kind, no doubt. But saying Ali only fought bums and that Tyson would crush him based on that is a bit weird. Tyson's biggest "weakness" is his record, much more than Ali, Frazier, Holmes, etc....Apart from Tony Tucker who was a decent fighter ( Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Frank Bruno were ok fighters but not world class) he fought a long list of tomato cans. And when he fought Hollyfield and Lewis, he was beaten soundly.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2017, 09:00:51 AM »
how bout ma man Holmes  8)

dead had an OUTSTANDING FAST JAB

Holmes  vs  Norton last round. Watch it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »
lennox lewis is GOAT

then tyson or holyfield
A

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:40 AM »
conor mcgregor is up there

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »
i would suck demi lovato pussy

You'd have to get past this hunk

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #561 on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:21 AM »
he looks good (no homo)

she on the other hand looks like crap

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #562 on: August 28, 2017, 10:12:17 AM »
3:45 Snoop loved the fight

Q

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #563 on: August 28, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »

Holmes  vs  Norton last round. Watch it.

Holmes put in that final flurry at the end of the round,  pretty impressive

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2017, 06:19:47 PM »
Holmes put in that final flurry at the end of the round,  pretty impressive

Yes he got the nod because of that. I'm pretty sure I saw that fight live.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2017, 11:33:16 PM »
Yes he got the nod because of that. I'm pretty sure I saw that fight live.

cool, did you ever see ma main man HEARNS fight llive?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2017, 01:33:53 AM »
cool, did you ever see ma main man HEARNS fight llive?

Yes well just on tv. He was great but kind of a glass jaw.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2017, 01:36:34 AM »

Fagler had  great chin

Mr. Julian Jackson had a suspect chin as well

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2017, 03:51:28 AM »

I beg to differ. Hears has earned that reputation solely on the Hagler fight and the brutal KO. Look at Hearns' record. Out of 5 losses, he only was KO'd twice, once by Hagler and once by Iran Barkley who was a pretty damn good fighter and good puncher at his peak (and that was his peak). Hearns was stopped against the ropes (and it's still controversial to this day as he was leading on all scoreboards) against Leonard. Other than that he lost a decision and had to give up due to an injury if I recall for what was one of his last fights, if not the last.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2017, 04:02:54 AM »
Fagler had  great chin

Mr. Julian Jackson had a suspect chin as well

Hagler "slipped" against Roldan and that's it (have to say that KD is really suspect). Never hit the canvas once before or after. And he faced some hard hitters like Duran, Mugabi (which's career he destroyed I believe), Obelmejias and Hearns of course. By his own admission and Emmanuel Steward, Hears broke his right hand during the first round when hitting Hagler right on the right temple. Same right hand that sent Duran to La-La Land. Hagler didn't even budge. Hearns said once that: "I get why you shave that head of yours, it's a weapon in itself".

Simple Simon

« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2017, 04:15:33 AM »
Hagler "slipped" against Roldan and that's it (have to say that KD is really suspect). Never hit the canvas once before or after. And he faced some hard hitters like Duran, Mugabi (which's career he destroyed I believe), Obelmejias and Hearns of course. By his own admission and Emmanuel Steward, Hears broke his right hand during the first round when hitting Hagler right on the right temple. Same right hand that sent Duran to La-La Land. Hagler didn't even budge. Hearns said once that: "I get why you shave that head of yours, it's a weapon in itself".

he was known to shave it a few days before a fight and then let it grow a very sort stubble so he could rub it people faces in the clinch.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2017, 06:37:20 AM »
GGG v. Canelo (Be BOLD!) will outshine this match in a million different ways.  Can't wait to see that one.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #572 on: August 31, 2017, 09:55:14 AM »

What the hell does body weight have to do with punching? If it does then why mention Tyson ? He was barely a heavyweight.
Are you serious? Of course weight matters a lot, there are weight-divisions for a reason, do you think middleweights or light-heavyweights can punch as hard as full heavyweights/super-heavies?

Funny that you mention Tyson as an example of "weight doesn't matter", Tyson himself NEVER fought under 200lbs, even amateur, he was a NATURAL, thick, muscular HW, even if short... Tyson was around 215-220 in his prime, got even heavier after... Shavers wasn't, he fought under 200lbs and his median weight was barely over it, not 215lbs...

Ali, Frazier, Liston, and such all fought under 200lbs, they were not natural heavyweights like Tyson... The only one was Foreman, and still his median weight in the 70s was 217lbs, basically what most cruisers of today easily weigh after re-hydrating, he would be an extremely light competitor today, with not much chances... His late 80s, early 90s 230+lbs version would fare much better...

Tyson is also an anomaly, we'll probably never see again such a short but explosive HW, having such success in an era where huge, skilled heavies started to appear... Still he fell short in basically all his signature matches unfortunately... But to show his prowess as a puncher and ko-artist, only him and Wladimir Klitschko were able to spark many guys even being outweighed in 50%, or more, of their bouts... Other famous punchers are notoriously heavier than opponents stopped...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: August 31, 2017, 10:03:08 AM »
Yeah Tyson was different. Not too many guys I can think of who fit his mold. Almost awkward looking at times but had super fast hand speed and was able to duck punches good at least early on but later stopped weaving as much and got hit a lot. Tyson had somewhat of a glass chin unfortunately.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #574 on: August 31, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »
weight matters BIG TIME

bob foster who was a very hard hitting light heasy 175, got his ads handed to him by frazier and Ali when he tried to fight then at heavy

back then heavy was 190 and over not 2 bills like it is now