Author Topic: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17  (Read 474652 times)

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
Re: Prayers for Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room
« Reply #1300 on: August 25, 2017, 01:41:53 PM »
exactly

Top Poodle:
Are you aware that Bob Paris is an openly gay man?  Not only that, he was the first professional bodybuilder to publicly come out of the closet?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Rich Piana Rip
« Reply #1301 on: August 25, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »
I don't understand your vitriol here. Ok at least you aren't pretending to care and virtue signaling but why such hatred? He wasn't a horrible person was he? Vain, selfish, other things maybe but not deserving of such pure loathing in death, surely?

It's all he's got, man. Just a lonely, old, impossibly bitter malcontent.

He'll be found alone one day, sniffed out by neighbors. Two-weeks decomposed, postmortemly funked in a Walmart recliner, single blackened finger posting one last, miserably self-righteous pun. (Landlord may or may not inform long-estranged kinfolk.)    

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
Re: RIP Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17
« Reply #1302 on: August 25, 2017, 01:45:25 PM »
Damn, I hope Rich had health insurance through the Affordable Care Act!
There is no such thing in America.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1303 on: August 25, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
It's all he's got, man. Just a lonely, old, impossibly bitter malcontent.

He'll be found alone one day, sniffed out by neighbors. Two-weeks decomposed, postmortemly funked in a Walmart recliner, single blackened finger sending one last, miserably self-righteous pun. (Landlord may or may not inform long-estranged kinfolk.)    

My girl just told me about her Co worker  who's ex husband was found dead in his bed after 3 weeks. His poor dogs were dead as well,  they died of starvation.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1304 on: August 25, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »
Piana made it on to Tmz's top stories just saw it on the show right now.

TheShape.

• Getbig V

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1306 on: August 25, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
He's dead. Rest in peace.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1307 on: August 25, 2017, 01:51:59 PM »
His hospital bills?

Wonder if he can trade in 5% supplements to pay for his medical bills.

In such instances, will collectors hit up the estate (his supp/merch company, I assume)? Meaning, can't imagine Rich too worried about insurance or bills at this point.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1309 on: August 25, 2017, 01:55:15 PM »
My girl just told me about her Co worker  who's ex husband was found dead in his bed after 3 weeks. His poor dogs were dead as well,  they died of starvation.

Shit ain't uncommon. With cats, anyway, they often survive longer by feasting on the corpse. Dogs, not really sure, but I'm guessing they have more class.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Rich Piana died.
« Reply #1310 on: August 25, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1311 on: August 25, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »
I sure hope Vince B and Vince G are able to attend the funeral.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #1312 on: August 25, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
Piana made it on to Tmz's top stories just saw it on the show right now.

Fuck, it's on BBC.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1313 on: August 25, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
Shit ain't uncommon. With cats, anyway, they often survive longer by feasting on the corpse. Dogs, not really sure, but I'm guessing they have more class.

My first question was the dogs didn't try to eat his remains and she said the woman specifically  commented that the dogs didn't eat him, like she was in shock.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #1314 on: August 25, 2017, 01:59:57 PM »
Fuck, it's on BBC.
It's also on WPC (I know you get it) in Germany.

falco

• Getbig V
Re: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17
« Reply #1315 on: August 25, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
Are they going to do an autopsy? I dont believe his wife. I think she killed him.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1316 on: August 25, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
Whoa.

I'm reminded of the passing of Luke wood and Art Atwood within 12 days of each other in 2011. Two huge, taller than average bodybuilders who pushed it too far.

Look at how huge Rich was in his side profile in one of Matt C's Ironage interviews with Rich:

RIP Rich Piana
1970-2017

Matt C outs one of his many gimmicks with this post.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1317 on: August 25, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »

Well, maybe for his family who wants to collect inheritance.
X

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1318 on: August 25, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »
On the Tmz show they were saying they found 20 bottles of "steroids" at his house, not testosterone, then they went on to talk about how dangerous steroids are.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #1319 on: August 25, 2017, 02:11:13 PM »

Dogs will too. Generally the theory is that pets will wait a bit to see if the person will wake up. Then as they get hungrier, they'll test to see if the person is alive by licking, pulling on clothes, etc.... Then after a bit more time, they'll start to eat. Usually the easier to pull off pieces like noses, etc.... go first.

I remember reading a paper on it years ago.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1320 on: August 25, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
My condolences to Rich's family, friends and fans. This has had to have been a really rough time for them.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #1321 on: August 25, 2017, 02:15:20 PM »
Legendary bodybuilder Rich Piana, whose relentless dedication to the sport and support of the bodybuilding community, died August 25, 2017. He was 46 years old.

Known for his willingness to do whatever it takes, Rich Piana began his journey in bodybuilding at the young age of 11, competing in his first event at 15. Over the past 10 years, a community of over 1 million people have followed Rich on his social media and YouTube journey to becoming the best he could possibly be.

Honesty, openness, and total support for his community is only part of what catapulted his stardom. Signature mantras such as “If you Love It, KILL IT” and “Being a 5%ER is all about doing Whatever It Takes!” is the mentality that he not only followed himself but also wanted to instill in the 5% Nation. To his loving fans, he will always be remembered as someone they could trust, count on and look up to. He will be remembered as a friend. Rich’s legacy will continue to inspire the bodybuilding community for years to come as someone who sacrificed whatever it took to achieve his goals and inspired others to do the same. Even in his passing, the 5% Lifestyle will live on and the seed he has planted in so many of us will continue to grow: to be that 5% that strives for and achieves every single goal that’s set.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1322 on: August 25, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
On the Tmz show they were saying they found 20 bottles of "steroids" at his house, not testosterone, then they went on to talk about how dangerous steroids are.

Are they not questioning this setup in his garage?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #1323 on: August 25, 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
"R.I.P Rich piana I can not believe this I have watched all his videos for so many years and one off my idols I did look up to such an amazing guy! I am so happy I got the opportunity to meet him last year at BODYPOWER and get many pictures,videos and a signed t-shirt and poster that will always be framed for life. So devastated he will always be remembered ❤️😢 we all love you rich #rip 🙏"

"Rich inspired me to get off the couch and get back into the gym. When I heard him talk about the 5% life, I wanted to be part of it. Every time I was uninspired I watched his YouTube channel. So for tonight's workout I will take 2 scoops of Kill It and will be killing arms in the name rich piana. I Love It!!! And I will Kill It!!! Rip, rich. You inspired me!"

" Holy shit about two years ago my life fell apart and I was gonna kill myself that night. I seen Rich Piana on a you tube video and when that video was finished I decided fuck this I can go back to working out even with five back surgeries and a fake hip. I'm proud to say becoming a5%er to myself saved my life. Im so glad I have this mans autograph and will treasure that shit for life. And my 5%er tat really fuckn means even more now. R.I.P Big Rich. FUCK MAN!!!!!"

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #1324 on: August 25, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
"Can't believe Rich is gone!!! RIP. He will always be remembered as one of the best!!! He inspired me to start working out late in life and I will always be a true follower and fan. RIP Big Rich!!!"

"I have never given a damn about people on tv or people i never met, but Rich inspired me to work harder at life and not just in the gym. I was suprised to hear this this morning since like so many thought i would hear that call to the gym " IT'S SHAKE ..."

" R.i.P Rich. You were my only motivation. The only 1 i needed. Deeply pained by your passing....."