Author Topic: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17  (Read 138446 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2017, 12:00:31 AM »
Exactly and hopefully soon so the speculation can end.

So all the 90's guys you followed all have organs of old men now?  Dorian looks pretty good along with many others and Dexter is still at it. Pretty sweeping statement here osl.

I wouldn't use dexter as an example, he is an anomaly, he's the ONLY one to do it at the level he's doing it

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2017, 12:42:05 AM »
Your faith in your friend is all well and good, but it does not address the many red flags and questions I raised.  For example, grabbing for dollars less than 24 hours after McCarver passed away is such bad form...  Calling it a Foundation when it is nothing of the sort... Helping “underprivileged children”?  Could that be any more generic?  If this were a legitimate undertaking it would not stink to high heaven.  It does.  And I am not the only one who can smell it.

Its a PR move. And Aaron has to save face for his businesses, but at the same time seem like he cares, and Dallas had cared about underprivileged youth. Like he was a certified counselor or teacher and that was his mission in life. It gives an "admirable" feel good vibe.  Chances are some of the money (150k?) will be used for underprivileged children. But that is just a catch phrase. Why not a college fund? Or a fund for choking awareness? Or to start the ball rolling for bodybuilder health care?  You are right and justified in calling attention to the red flags.

Simple Simon

« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2017, 12:43:22 AM »
Its a PR move. And Aaron has to save face for his businesses, but at the same time seem like he cares, and Dallas had cared about underprivileged youth. Like he was a certified counsellor or teacher and that was his mission in life. It gives an "admirable" feel good vibe.  Chances are some of the money (150k?) will be used for underprivileged children. But that is just a catch phrase. Why not a college fund? Or a fund for choking awareness? Or to start the ball rolling for bodybuilder health care?
You are right and justified in calling attention to the red flags.

they could produce a flow chart and manual on how to chew food.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2017, 03:31:47 AM »
I refuse to give to any such "gofuckme foundations".  Besides, Mollusk McCarver was a "pro aflete" and was livin' the scheme.  He doubtless already had a fundation set up for kids nobody wants.

Aside from his obvious philanthropic endeavors, Mollusk was a worthless fucktrad drug addict who more than likely died because he was barely sentient to begin with.  Like those bums holding signs up in the middle of intersections, I could give an intercourse about the plight of a mongoloid bodybuilder like Mollusk.   As for his fambly?  He obviously didn't give a shit so why should anyone else?

Fuck him and the schmoes that rode in on  him.

Well said - Now I hear many people saying how incredible Dallas was and how many lives he touched?? Huh?? I don't ever remember hearing anything about this when he was alive
w

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:00 AM »
What's the significance of this statement?  What agenda does it serve?  Further, what do you think you it means?  Enlighten me.

Stop trying to high-jack this thread and make it about you.

God bless

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #380 on: August 24, 2017, 04:30:09 AM »
Interesting 911 call.  Dude held it together.  Pat on the back for that fella. 

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2017, 05:02:02 AM »
well said
Now I hear many people saying how incredible Dallas was and how many lives he touched?? Huh?? I don't ever remember hearing anything about this when he was alive

he didnt touch anybody, ffs all he did was jump on the first train to dialysis-ville... too bad (or luckily) it crashed enroute.

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #382 on: August 24, 2017, 05:02:18 AM »
well said
Now I hear many people saying how incredible Dallas was and how many lives he touched?? Huh?? I don't ever remember hearing anything about this when he was alive

Maybe the money will be used on legal actions. Theres going to be a lot of questioning there. Legal fees are expensive

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: August 24, 2017, 05:20:02 AM »
Its a PR move. And Aaron has to save face for his businesses, but at the same time seem like he cares, and Dallas had cared about underprivileged youth. Like he was a certified counsellor or teacher and that was his mission in life. It gives an "admirable" feel good vibe.  Chances are some of the money (150k?) will be used for underprivileged children. But that is just a catch phrase. Why not a college fund? Or a fund for choking awareness? Or to start the ball rolling for bodybuilder health care?
You are right and justified in calling attention to the red flags.

Let us be clear: caring for kids was not McCarver’s mission in life.  Bodybuilding was.  You know who has that mission in life?  People who dedicate their lives to it: teachers and administrators who work in underfunded and underperforming schools, people who work with special needs kids and the disabled, people who work for years, anonymously, with kids in what used to be called the Special Olympics (now called Paralympics).  I trust Dallas was a nice guy, and maybe he had wonderfully charitable double life that I know nothing about, but when I hear his name or see a photo of him, I do not think of someone dedicated to underprivileged children.

If you want to help underprivileged kids there are plenty of long standing legitimate charities one can give to.  Why anyone with sense would choose to give money to a fly by night operation that didn't exist three days ago is beyond me.  And what exactly does Aaron Singerman know about philanthropy or humanitarian work?  Again, maybe he has a wonderful double life I know nothing about, but short of that, I’ll direct my charitable giving to more proven venues.

If this is a PR move it is a very bad one, but obviously other people disagree: the fund has now generated $19,522 in donations.  ::)

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2017, 05:33:25 AM »
Let us be clear: caring for kids was not McCarver’s mission in life.  Bodybuilding was.  You know who has that mission in life?  People who dedicate their lives to it: teachers and administrators who work in underfunded and underperforming schools

haha fuck off you lying twat, these people work in schools FOR A WAGE.  A higher wage than their average IQs could ever get them in any other field.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #385 on: August 24, 2017, 05:36:20 AM »
Your faith in your friend is all well and good, but it does not address the many red flags and questions I raised.  For example, grabbing for dollars less than 24 hours after McCarver passed away is such bad form...  Calling it a Foundation when it is nothing of the sort... Helping “underprivileged children”?  Could that be any more generic?  If this were a legitimate undertaking it would not stink to high heaven.  It does.  And I am not the only one who can smell it.

I agree.  It's tacky as fuck.  Usually foundations are started by the person that cares about the cause or if say a person dies from a certain disease, the family starts one that raises money towards finding a cure for that particular disease.  A generic foundation for kids based on the life of a 26 year bber who died chocking in his kitchen is just kind of bizarre. I'm sure it'll just fizzle out.  Hopefully they raise some money and donate it to a local charity.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #386 on: August 24, 2017, 05:44:41 AM »
I agree.  It's tacky as fuck.  Usually foundations are started by the person that cares about the cause or if say a person dies from a certain disease, the family starts one that raises money towards finding a cure for that particular disease.  A generic foundation for kids based on the life of a 26 year bber who died chocking in his kitchen almost certainly due to drug abuse is just kind of bizarre. I'm sure it'll just fizzle out.  Hopefully they raise some money and donate it to a local charity.

Fixed that for ya.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #387 on: August 24, 2017, 06:11:50 AM »
It's a none profit for kids.  Certainly in bad taste to do this before he is even laid to rest.

Like the old Dominican  saying goes " they're putting themselves ahead" by doing that ......

Meaning that before Dallas mom look straight in the eyes of Aaron,  instead of saying "look what you did to my son" she'll think of the glorious non profit Dallas foundation and the legacy that will forever live on "

Could be wrong though

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #388 on: August 24, 2017, 07:12:36 AM »
It's too soon for many, but it isn't in bad taste

It's a coping mechanism - to keep themselves busy and not thinking about the horrific waste of life.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2017, 07:36:19 AM »

It's a coping mechanism - to keep themselves busy and not thinking about the horrific waste of life.

I think most of us have our (temporary) escapes because of that, whether it's work, sports, drugs, relationships or whatever.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: August 24, 2017, 07:41:18 AM »

To help with coping that the gravy train of this guy killing himself to be big for a living is over? Geesh. Come on.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #391 on: August 24, 2017, 07:46:46 AM »
Then perhaps my spelling it out helped some. Long as you've adopted this new 'poor silly me' victim persona.

You nailed it!

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:39 AM »
If I recall correctly, Albert Beckles should have become the first insulin dead in pro bodybuilding, didn't he collapse / end up in a coma backstage at a show in the eighties?

Very tricky stuff to use for people who are not diabetics, I should say abuse

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #393 on: August 24, 2017, 07:48:01 AM »
Stop trying to high-jack this thread and make it about you.

God bless

Pot meet kettle....further you should read my earlier replies in the thread....pretty much refutes this.

Simple Simon

« Reply #394 on: August 24, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »
If I recall correctly, Albert Beckles should have become the first insulin dead in pro bodybuilding, didn't he collapse / end up in a coma backstage at a show in the eighties?

Very tricky stuff to use for people who are not diabetics, I should say abuse

no, that was lasix
he borrowed some from another pro and they were a higher dose than he normally used...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #395 on: August 24, 2017, 09:27:41 AM »
From Josh, Flex, and Aaron's comments it's obvious that Dallas was a good guy. This was obviously a freak accident, being that nobody was around to give him the Heimlech maneuver. Josh will probably have PTSD from what he witnessed. Just sad and tragic.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #396 on: August 24, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »
I agree.  It's tacky as fuck.  Usually foundations are started by the person that cares about the cause or if say a person dies from a certain disease, the family starts one that raises money towards finding a cure for that particular disease.  A generic foundation for kids based on the life of a 26 year bber who died chocking in his kitchen is just kind of bizarre. I'm sure it'll just fizzle out.  Hopefully they raise some money and donate it to a local charity.

also seems very shady
I doubt it's even legal to solicit/collect donations for a non-profit foundation that almost certainly does not even exist yet

Simple Simon

« Reply #397 on: August 24, 2017, 09:55:15 AM »
From Josh, Flex, and Aaron's comments it's obvious that Dallas was a good guy. This was obviously a freak accident, being that nobody was around to give him the Heimlech maneuver. Josh will probably have PTSD from what he witnessed. Just sad and tragic.

I hope you are joking mate, if not thats an insult to people who really do suffer traumatic incidents.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #398 on: August 24, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
I hope you are joking mate, if not thats an insult to people who really do suffer traumatic incidents.

Plus you know.....hes been bullied about his natty status.  ;D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #399 on: August 24, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
Just found out about this a couple of min ago.

Did he really chocked on food?