Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 18, 2018, 04:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dips  (Read 13657 times)
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »

I usually do dips with attached weight first thing in my tricep workout. Now I put them in at the end and I think I'm on to something. After I do my standard triceps stuff like push downs, skull crush and others I now end with body weight dips. I think it working better than using  attached weight and putting them in first. The pre fatigue hits the tricep hard.
Report to moderator   Logged
benchmstr
Getbig V

Heraclitus was right

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 11:44:40 PM »

I love them..all variations sans bench dips..

Have a shoulder injury thatís not fully healed and havenít been able to do them for a while

Bench
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 10:16:38 AM »

I love them..all variations sans bench dips..

Have a shoulder injury thatís not fully healed and havenít been able to do them for a while

Bench

Shoulder injuries are horrible. The older I get the more I believe that if anything aggravates an injured area you should just drop it and never look back.  I can't bench anymore but I can still bench with dumbbells. Every time I think I can work back into the bench the reason I stopped comes screaming back.
benchmstr
Getbig V

Heraclitus was right

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 02:34:47 PM »

Shoulder injuries are horrible. The older I get the more I believe that if anything aggravates an injured area you should just drop it and never look back.  I can't bench anymore but I can still bench with dumbbells. Every time I think I can work back into bench the reason I stopped comes screaming back.
Itís actu a bicep injury..I had the tendon snap at the shoulder and reattached..but it hurts in the shoulder

Bench
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »

Itís actu a bicep injury..I had the tendon snap at the shoulder and reattached..but it hurts in the shoulder

Bench

I had a distal bicep rupture. I also think I have problems at the shoulder attachment too. Many years since I had the operation. Maybe 15 years. Coming out of the operation when I could finally lift light I had trouble benching the bar. Just shows how no muscle works in isolation.
Sexybeast777
Getbig IV

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2018, 07:41:48 AM »

I avoid dips, is this bad?
benchmstr
Getbig V

Heraclitus was right

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »

I avoid dips, is this bad?
Not really..lots of people canít do them anyways..be it strength or build type

Bench
Sexybeast777
Getbig IV

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 08:31:29 AM »

Not really..lots of people canít do them anyways..be it strength or build type

Bench
I can do them, even weighted dips with 100lbs for reps, but idk, they seems to kinda be bad for me, not directly in the shoulders but, idk, it hurts my body somehow, maybe just body weight is fine but the benefits seem minimal. I stick to what works, flat bench press and flat dumbell press
Sexybeast777
Getbig IV

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 09:08:21 PM »

today I did dips for the first time in a long time, idk if I did 30 or 50 reps(just body weight), I don't remember, but it's written in my log. Trying to get ripped  is affecting my strength a bit, so I'm thinking of ditching the flat dumbell press for dips, what do you think?
IroNat
Getbig III

Life is a crapshoot.

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »

My 2 cents on dips and avoiding shoulder injury.

Don't go too low.  90 degree angle forearm to upper arm is low enough.

Don't go crazy heavy.  Go for reps of 8+.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!