Author Topic: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers  (Read 33565 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »
Cause thats what they are complaining about no?

As for me - no problem at all - I shut off the NFL entirely.   F these scumbags.  Yes they are ingrates and scumbags.  Multi-millionaires tossing around a ball that they could not do in any other country but this USA taking an opportunity to protest a bogus issue during the national anthem - yeah they can eat a dick and I hope the NFL folds.  F em.  Let these oversized idiots get a job like everyone else and see how much they are really worth.  

Well, we don't like BLM marching on roadways and screwing up traffic, we don't ant our protests violent, so when someone takes a knee, it's all of a sudden a huge problem?

I mean, people have done all kinds of things in the name of injustice and really, if you protest, or I protest, no one cares.

At this point in the our society, if you don't have some fame, you don't make any kind of impact.

Just because people are famous or have money means they can't say when something is wrong? Seems counter productive.

Why would showing up at a PD make any changes occur?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
That's how it started:

Before a preseason game in 2016, Kaepernick sat down, as opposed to the tradition of standing, during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner". During a post-game interview, he explained his position stating, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder", referencing a series of events that led to the Black Lives Matter movement and adding that he would continue to protest until he feels like "[the American flag] represents what it's supposed to represent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#U.S._national_anthem_protest

It was built on a sham from day one. Black America trying to blame its failings on the police:

Baltimore's "nobody kill anybody weekend" lasts a little over a day - Hot Air

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hotair.com/archives/2017/08/06/baltimores-nobody-kill-anybody-weekend-lasts-little-day/amp/

“There is a war going on in Baltimore right now. We are experiencing genocide among our African-American males, both by the hands of the Police Department and from one another. We the people need a call to action in order to save the city and our community for our future generations,” Baltimore Ceasefire said on its Facebook page.

A “genocide… by the hands of the Police Department?” Not for nothing, but I was looking through the list of possible lethal force encounters with police for 2017 and I managed to find one. And that guy was holding a foot-long knife to the throats of a one year old and a four year old when negotiations finally broke down and the cops took him out. By contrast (falling into the category of “from one another” mentioned by the ceasefire group), criminals have murdered more than 210 of you in Charm City

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »
It was built on a sham from day one. Black America trying to blame its failings on the police:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hotair.com/archives/2017/08/06/baltimores-nobody-kill-anybody-weekend-lasts-little-day/amp/

“There is a war going on in Baltimore right now. We are experiencing genocide among our African-American males, both by the hands of the Police Department and from one another. We the people need a call to action in order to save the city and our community for our future generations,” Baltimore Ceasefire said on its Facebook page.

A “genocide… by the hands of the Police Department?” Not for nothing, but I was looking through the list of possible lethal force encounters with police for 2017 and I managed to find one. And that guy was holding a foot-long knife to the throats of a one year old and a four year old when negotiations finally broke down and the cops took him out. By contrast (falling into the category of “from one another” mentioned by the ceasefire group), criminals have murdered more than 210 of you in Charm City

I don't agree with the protests, but I disagree with your comments that try and sterotype and label entire classes of people. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2017, 10:38:52 AM »
I don't agree with the protests, but I disagree with your comments that try and sterotype and label entire classes of people.  

Why? They have a specific gripe. Did you read the memo? The primary issue was police injustice. At the same time they’re avoiding the fact that the overwhelming majority of these murders are black on black crime. That’s not my opinion. It’s a fact albeit a politically incorrect one to state.

It’s not my fault that these statistics are what they are:

https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/08/10/african-american-homicide-rate-nearly-quadruple-national-average-11680

The CDC confirms that, following an extended period of general decline, the overall homicide rate -- as well as the homicide rate within each racial group -- has increased from 2014 to 2015. In 2015, the homicide rates were (per 100,000 population):

20.9 for blacks (non-Hispanic)

4.9 for Hispanics

2.6 for whites (non-Hispanic)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2017, 10:44:58 AM »

I agree it's a sham.  I agree the real issue is black-on-black crime and that the notion that racist white cops are gunning down innocent unarmed black men is a lie. 

What I don't agree with is making these sweeping statements about an entire race.  That's just pure ignorance.  We don't label all black people criminals because a disproportionate number commit crime, just like we don't label all white males as pedophiles because an overwhelming number of pedophiles are white.  You evaluate each person on their merit. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
I agree it's a sham.  I agree the real issue is black-on-black crime and that the notion that racist white cops are gunning down innocent unarmed black men is a lie.  

What I don't agree with is making these sweeping statements about an entire race.  That's just pure ignorance.  We don't label all black people criminals because a disproportionate number commit crime, just like we don't label all white males as pedophiles because an overwhelming number of pedophiles are white.  You evaluate each person on their merit.  

Where did I state that all black men are criminals? It is about groups. The players are saying that one group black males are being treated unfairly by another group the police.

They might have a case of their group didn’t commit an absurdly disproportionate amount of crime but that isn’t the case now is it? You want to call it racism that’s your business. To me it’s just reality.

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/year-end-2016-enforcement-report.pdf

The race/ethnicity of known Shooting suspects is most frequently Black (70.7%). Hispanic suspects accounted for an additional (26.9%) of all suspects. White suspects (1.9%) and Asian/Pacific Islander suspects (0.6%) accounted for the remaining portion of known Shooting suspects

Here’s a good distinction: not every black man in new in St. Louis is a murder suspect but every murder suspect in St. Louis is black:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone.com/3747824/st-louis-protest-black-murders-2017/amp/

Amid Protests, Black People Account For All St. Louis Murder Suspects In 2017
Written By Bruce C.T. Wright
6 days ago

Black people are being murdered at an alarming rate across the country, and St. Louis is all but Ground Zero for those killings. But in the wake of the this weekend’s violent St. Louis demonstrations following the acquittal of a White police officer who shot and killed a Black motorist in 2011, there was another key piece of relevant data that hasn’t evoked nearly as much outrage as Friday’s verdict: Every single murder suspect in St. Louis this year is Black, with nearly 90 percent of the city’s murder victims also being Black.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2017, 11:00:14 AM »

Personally, I don’t care if these guys Kneel. It’s the NFL’s problem.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »
Where did I state that all black men are criminals? It is about groups. The players are saying that one group black males are being treated unfairly by another group the police.

They might have a case of their group didn’t commit an absurdly disproportionate amount of crime but that isn’t the case now is it? You want to call it racism that’s your business. To me it’s just reality.

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/year-end-2016-enforcement-report.pdf

The race/ethnicity of known Shooting suspects is most frequently Black (70.7%). Hispanic suspects accounted for an additional (26.9%) of all suspects. White suspects (1.9%) and Asian/Pacific Islander suspects (0.6%) accounted for the remaining portion of known Shooting suspects

Here’s a good distinction: not every black man in new in St. Louis is a murder suspect but every murder suspect in St. Louis is black:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone.com/3747824/st-louis-protest-black-murders-2017/amp/

Amid Protests, Black People Account For All St. Louis Murder Suspects In 2017
Written By Bruce C.T. Wright
6 days ago

Black people are being murdered at an alarming rate across the country, and St. Louis is all but Ground Zero for those killings. But in the wake of the this weekend’s violent St. Louis demonstrations following the acquittal of a White police officer who shot and killed a Black motorist in 2011, there was another key piece of relevant data that hasn’t evoked nearly as much outrage as Friday’s verdict: Every single murder suspect in St. Louis this year is Black, with nearly 90 percent of the city’s murder victims also being Black.

I'm not going to go find your quotes, but you have made numerous comments that apply to entire groups of people. 

Why are you posting these stories and stats in response to my comments?  I told you I agree with you on that. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
I'm not going to go find your quotes, but you have made numerous comments that apply to entire groups of people.  

Why are you posting these stories and stats in response to my comments?  I told you I agree with you on that.  

Whatever comments I make are based on hard statistical data. The reality is that we’re seeing a divergence in this country based on race. It’s an uncomfortable topic for people but it is what it is:

America’s Top Cities for Homicides Are on Track for Historic Rates in 2017

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/07/gun-homicide-rates-baltimore-st-lous-detroit/

2017 is on pace for the second-lowest crime rate since 1990 — and near-record low murders

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/politics/wp/2017/09/06/2017-is-on-pace-to-have-the-second-lowest-crime-rate-since-1990-and-near-record-low-murders/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2017, 11:36:33 AM »
Whatever comments I make are based on hard statistical data. The reality is that we’re seeing a divergence in this country based on race. It’s an uncomfortable topic for people but it is what it is:

America’s Top Cities for Homicides Are on Track for Historic Rates in 2017

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/07/gun-homicide-rates-baltimore-st-lous-detroit/

2017 is on pace for the second-lowest crime rate since 1990 — and near-record low murders

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/politics/wp/2017/09/06/2017-is-on-pace-to-have-the-second-lowest-crime-rate-since-1990-and-near-record-low-murders/

You cite accurate statistics and then make overstatements based on those statistics. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
Personally, I don’t care if these guys Kneel. It’s the NFL’s problem.

X2

They’ve all constructed that leftist shit hole, let them all deal with it from the players on up.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
You know, if the butthurt quasi conservatives wouldn't have melted down over people exercising their rights, it would already be over.

Morons give them a platform.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »
You know, if the butthurt quasi conservatives wouldn't have melted down over people exercising their rights, it would already be over.

Morons give them a platform.

They're not exercising a right.  They are exercising a privilege. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
Finally.  Someone with the stones to say what needed to be said.  But did it have to be the Cowboys??

Jerry Jones gives Cowboys players ultimatum: Stand for anthem or sit for game
By Ryan Gaydos, Fox News

Cowboys owner insists his players will stand for the national anthem or they won't play.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Sunday any player who disrespects the flag will not play.

Jones’ comments, the strongest made on the anthem controversy, came after he was asked about Vice President Mike Pence leaving the game in Indianapolis early after several San Francisco 49ers players took a knee during the national anthem.

"I know this, we cannot ... in the NFL in any way give the implication that we tolerate disrespecting the flag," he said following the Cowboys’ 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "We know that there is a serious debate in this country about those issues, but there is no question in my mind that the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys are going to stand up for the flag. So we're clear."

Jones and the rest of the team kneeled arm-in-arm before the national anthem before a game against the Arizona Cardinals two weeks ago, days after President Trump reignited the anthem-protest controversy.

Dallas players have stood on the sideline, many with hands over their hearts, during the anthem ever since former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling last season in protest of what he believed were instances of racial injustice in the U.S.

Jones said showing respect for the flag and the anthem is more important to him than any potential issues of team unity.

The grass they're kneeling on is actually a swamp.Video
Swamp Watch: The National Football League

"There is no room here if it comes between looking non-supportive of our players and of each other or creating the impression that you're disrespecting the flag, we will be non-supportive of each other," Jones said. "We will not disrespect the flag."

Jones said he wasn't aware of whether any of his players had raised a fist at the end of the anthem before the Green Bay game.

"I don't know about that," Jones said. "But if there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play. OK? Understand? If we are disrespecting the flag, then we won't play. Period."

Additionally, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said he changed his view on how his team should handle the national anthem. Ross said because Trump made standing for the national anthem about “patriotism,” he evolved the way he looks at the protest, according to the Miami Herald.

Ross now wants all of the Dolphins players to stand for the anthem. Three Dolphins players – Kenny Stills, Julian Thomas and Michael Thomas – remained off to the sideline during the anthem Sunday.

The NFL has said the game operations manual distributed to teams includes a reference to players standing for the anthem, but that it's a policy and not a rule. The league has said it doesn't plan to punish players over anthem protests.

"The league in mind should absolutely take the rules we've got on the books and make sure that we do not give the perception that we're disrespecting the flag," Jones said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/10/09/jerry-jones-gives-cowboys-players-ultimatum-stand-for-anthem-or-sit-for-game.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players kneel during anthem
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vice-president-mike-pence-leaves-colts-49ers-game-after-players-reportedly-kneel.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2017, 04:15:26 PM »
Dolphins owner Steve Ross now wants players to stand for anthem, coach Adam Gase makes it a rule
Miami Dolphins safety, Michael Thomas, talks about finding a solution to national anthem protests.
Chris Perkins
Sun Sentinel

Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross, who had three players — wide receiver Kenny Stills, safety Michael Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas — kneel during the national anthem prior to last week’s game said Sunday he wished they would stand for the anthem. The trio ended up standing in the tunnel during the anthem and running onto the field afterward.

Coach Adam Gase implemented a policy Sunday requiring players to stand for the national anthem. Those who don’t wish to stand must stay in the locker room or in the tunnel.

Ross, who spoke about 90 minutes before the Dolphins’ 16-10 victory over Tennessee and the national anthem, said President Donald Trump has changed the focus of anthem conversation from social injustice issues to patriotism, so it’s better now for the players to stand.

“He’s changed that whole paradigm of what protest is,” Ross during his CommUnity Tailgate gathering at Hard Rock Stadium before Sunday’s home opener against Tennessee.

“And I think it’s incumbent upon the players today, because of how the public is looking at it, to really stand and really salute the flag.”

Ross said “whenever you’re dealing with the flag you’re dealing with something different” but he remains supportive of what Dolphins players did last season when Stills, Michael Thomas, former running back Arian Foster and former linebacker Jelani Jenkins chose to kneel during the national anthem.

Defense leads way as Dolphins defeat Titans, 16-10, to get back to .500
Ross said he sees sports as a way of uniting and spreading a message of togetherness, especially with the youth.

“Right now [with] these kids you want understanding, that we really have to get out into the white community and have them accept the fact this isn’t about all black kids and the protest they have,” Ross said.

. . . .

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-ross-anthem-20171008-story.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »

STANDING PROUD:
3-year-old Landen Canterbury was seen standing at the Red River Parish Rodeo in Coushatta

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:02 PM »
Pence is a retarded girl. Nice waste of tax payer money. He really is laser focused on the important issues.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »
VP Pence is a Great American.   :)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
Report: NFL Players now 'Scared' to take a knee,'People have to feed they family'
Independent Journel Review ^ | Oct 9, 2017 | Benny Johnson
Posted on 10/9/2017, 7:56:00 PM by 11th_VA

The aftermath of the NFL national anthem protest has not been good for the football league.

Disgruntled fans, low ratings, and very public fights have lowered the public opinion of the NFL to record lows. Now the owners in the league are attempting to take control.

Multiple reports from teams across the league indicate that team owners and management are cracking down on anthem protesters. The Miami Dolphins head coach has ordered his team to stand, according to IJR reporting ... (long story, worth the read)

The report indicates that many players are “scared” to protest, especially if they are not starters, "People have to feed they family,” the one member of the coaching staff says.

(Excerpt) Read more at ijr.com ...

:D  ;D  :D  :D  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »
PORTS Mike Ditka sounds off on anthem protests: ‘Go to another country’
New York Post ^ | October 10, 2017 | Post Sport Desk
Posted on 10/10/2017, 10:58:01

Mike Ditka may want to stick to football after his most recent interview.

The legendary Bears coach, who was a guest of NBC’s Jim Gray during the Bears-Vikings game on “Monday Night Football,” was asked little about Chicago rookie quarterback Mitch Trubisky but instead weighed in on anthem protests going in the NFL.

Ditka isn’t a fan and doesn’t see a reason for them either.

"There has been no oppression in the last 100 years that I know of,” Ditka said. “Now maybe I’m not watching it as carefully as other people. I think the opportunity is there for everybody — race, religion, creed, color, nationality. If you want to work, if you want to try, if you want to put effort in, you can accomplish anything.”

As for the players who decide to bring awareness to issues they believe are important by kneeling for “The Star-Spangled Banner” before a game, Ditka said that is not the time or the place to invoke their right to protest.

“I’m not condemning anybody or criticizing anybody. Respect the game. Play the game,” Ditka said. “When you want to protest, protest when the game is over. Football has been so good to these guys. Enjoy it. Have fun with it.

“I don’t think it’s the stage for protests, I’m sorry.”

The Super Bowl-winning coach, who is a supporter of President Trump, added that if he still were coaching, he would not tolerate his players protesting during the national anthem.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »
Farmer plows message for the NFL: 'We stand for the national anthem'
By Caleb Parke, Fox News

Farmer Gene Hanson plowed a message for the NFL -- "We Stand for the National Anthem" -- into his field in North Dakota.  (Courtesy of Gene Hanson)

Farmer Gene Hanson of Edgeley, North Dakota has a message for the NFL: “We stand for the National Anthem.”

The 77-year-old Midwesterner plowed that phrase into his bean crops - a massive message spanning the length of two football fields - in response to the controversial protest undertaken by some NFL players who've begun kneeling during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

“I go with [President] Trump on this one,” Hanson told Fox News on Tuesday. “If you want to protest, that’s not the place to do it.”

He added: “A lot of people died over our flag. We’re able to voice our opinion because of it. If you’re going to show respect for anything, do it for the national anthem.”

Gene Hanson has plowed numerous messages into his bean field.  (Courtesy of Gene Hanson)

Hanson has a track record of designing and digging massive messages – many political – using his old Massey tractor on his 850-acre farm.

And Hanson doesn’t use GPS or any technology for the work, which he says “works out pretty good in a harvested bean field.”

Then he flies his two-seater plane, and if his design passes the test, he snaps a pic with a Cannon camera and posts it on Facebook. He said he's only been unsuccessful twice.

Gene Hanson takes photos of his crop messages from his plane.  (Courtesy of Gene Hanson)

Hanson told Fox News he got his “We Stand for the National Anthem” message right on the second try. During the first attempt, he was interrupted by a passerby with only two letters to go. He soon relocated to another section of the field.

Hanson said he initially wanted to add an addendum -- “We kneel at the cross” -- but the plan was foiled by the first frost of the season.

Hanson said, weather permitting, he plans to add that phrase soon.

Hanson and his wife, Darlene, are Lutherans and attend church regularly. He also describes himself as a Republican and Trump supporter, and he had the chance to get a picture of the president when Trump came to North Dakota for a tax reform speech in September.

“I was 20 feet away from him,” Hanson said. “It was a good meeting and the president stayed on script.”

Hanson said he believes Trump is trying to do well, but faces a “continuous battle” in Washington, D.C. And Hanson said he's doing all he can to send his support from his Edgeley farm.

Some of his previous messages include “Drain the Swamp,” “Blue Lives Matter,” “Feel the Bern,” “GOP, get your act together,” and “Vote Trump.”

He said his Prince symbol, plowed after the singer passed away, was one of his most popular for fans all over the world, but he caught a lot of flak for his “Never Hillary” message.

“Most responses have been positive, though,” Hanson said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/10/farmer-plows-message-for-nfl-stand-for-national-anthem.html