Author Topic: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers  (Read 33564 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »
To be clear, I'm not with black lives matter or the KKK on  most social issues.
But the original purpose of kneeling was  protesting police abuse against blacks.
I don't agree with that view, BUT, they have a right to express it in any peaceful way they desire.
They don't want to leave America or disrespect our military.
Agreeing with their cause isn't the point here.

I don't agree with them kneeling. BUT, I support their right to be allowed to do so , free from harm.
This is America and we allow opinions and views to be openly aired in a peaceful manner.

These guys could go down the line picking-off bad cops all across the nation.  Right now those bad cops are probably providing the biggest laugh track the moron players have for their little foot-stamping show.  

What an owning.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
I love my country and am proud to be an American.
I stand for the anthem and proudly say the pledge of allegiance .

But, I also think it's important to have a free and open society.
Nobody is forced to think or act like me, you or the President.

Which is why  ... you ... voted for  ... Hillary ??

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2017, 04:36:27 AM »

Which is why  ... you ... voted for  ... Hillary ??

Yes, I did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
To be clear, I'm not with black lives matter or the KKK on  most social issues.
But the original purpose of kneeling was  protesting police abuse against blacks.
I don't agree with that view, BUT, they have a right to express it in any peaceful way they desire.
They don't want to leave America or disrespect our military.
Agreeing with their cause isn't the point here.

I don't agree with them kneeling. BUT, I support their right to be allowed to do so , free from harm.
This is America and we allow opinions and views to be openly aired in a peaceful manner.

Not true at all.  They have the right to do whatever their employer allows them to do on company time.  There is no constitutional right to engage in protests with a private employer. 

They are exercising a privilege.  The NFL needs to enforce its own rules and take that privilege away, which appears to be happening. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2017, 12:25:18 PM »
Not true at all.  They have the right to do whatever their employer allows them to do on company time.  There is no constitutional right to engage in protests with a private employer. 

They are exercising a privilege.  The NFL needs to enforce its own rules and take that privilege away, which appears to be happening. 

where did you get that idea...let me guess Faux News?

http://www.guy-goodell-no-policy-change-on-national-anthem

In a joint statement released by the NFL and NFL Players Association on Wednesday, both the league and union stated there have been no changes to the current policy regarding the national anthem

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2017, 12:44:28 PM »
where did you get that idea...let me guess Faux News?

http://www.guy-goodell-no-policy-change-on-national-anthem

In a joint statement released by the NFL and NFL Players Association on Wednesday, both the league and union stated there have been no changes to the current policy regarding the national anthem

Good will hasten the demise of the NFL - let all these degenerates go work a fryer. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
Good will hasten the demise of the NFL - let all these degenerates go work a fryer. 

Since Trumptards live in a fantasy world they can just pretend no one in kneeling

While they are at it they can also pretend that none of the player are black either

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
Since Trumptards live in a fantasy world they can just pretend no one in kneeling

While they are at it they can also pretend that none of the player are black either

NFL screwed over Metallica by not choosing them when SB was in San Fran - F the NFL - let them cater to the sjw's, hipsters, etc. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »

Nah.  They're going to put a stop to it.  There will probably me some mealymouthed statement recognizing whatever the heck they are protesting, while finally enforcing its own rules. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2017, 06:09:42 PM »
Respect.

Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and America
Zachary Bako for ESPN
Nate Boyer

Editor's note: More than a year after penning an open letter to Colin Kaepernick, former Army Green Beret and NFL player Nate Boyer writes another one, this time calling for unity across all sides of the United States. Here's his letter, as told to ESPN San Francisco 49ers reporter Nick Wagoner.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Dear Every Single American,

Every. Single. American. Including President Trump, Colin Kaepernick, and my brothers in arms overseas who are wondering, "what in the hell is going on back there?" I'm sitting in the same chair, in the same apartment that I sat in almost a year ago when I wrote an open letter to Colin Kaepernick. I was hurt when I saw him sitting on the bench during the national anthem, but I'm much more hurt now. Not by him, not by where we're at now with the protests, but by us.

Simply put, it seems like we just hate each other; and that is far more painful to me than any protest, or demonstration, or rally, or tweet. We're told to pick a side, there's a line drawn in the sand "are you with us or against us?" It's just not who we are, or at least who we're supposed to be; we're supposed to be better than that, we're Americans. This doesn't even seem to be about right or wrong, but more about right or left.

Today it feels like this national divide isn't even really about the anthem, or the flag, or kneeling, or sitting, or fists in the air. It's not about President Donald Trump, it's not about Colin Kaepernick, it's not about the military, or even police brutality. It feels like it's about winning. That's what makes America so great, our sheer competitiveness. We're winners, and we won't quit until victory is ours.

We see it in sports everyday, we "live and die" by the outcomes of our teams. That desire to win at all cost is costing us greatly now among our neighbors. This winning mentality seems to have spilled over into an obsession with being right and not willing to admit that maybe, just maybe we were wrong. We repeat mantras to ourselves like, "no matter what I will never ever surrender."

"To deploy overseas, train, live with, fight alongside, and ultimately defend foreigners that you have little in common with is truly a challenging task. But returning home to a country that is so divided, so judgmental, and so hateful of one another is almost as difficult to deal with as burying a fallen comrade."

Nate Boyer on the pulse of America right now
Earlier this week I sat down with a group of five Combat Arms and Special Operations Veterans. The round table discussed our individual feelings on the flag, the anthem, and the players who knelt when it was played. We all had very different takes, but what surprised me most at the end of the discussion was that we all agreed on one thing. Colin Kaepernick and President Trump should be the ones uniting our country together. Wait...what? I know it sounds crazy, but maybe that's exactly what we need to see. Maybe that's how we start to heal. Two men sit in a room and talk, simple as that.

That's how it all started with Colin and I, neither of us knew that kneeling would be the result of our conversation. Colin wanted to sit, I wanted him to stand, and so we found a common ground on a knee alongside his teammates. I believe that progress and real change happens in this world when you reach across the divide, you build a bridge, you swallow your pride, you open your mind, you embrace what you don't understand, and ultimately you surrender.

Now I don't pretend to speak for everyone who fought overseas, many veterans rightfully disagree with my position. But I do feel that I echo the sentiments of most war fighters when I say that what we hope for more than anything right now in America is unity. To deploy overseas, train, live with, fight alongside, and ultimately defend foreigners that you have little in common with is truly a challenging task. But returning home to a country that is so divided, so judgmental, and so hateful of one another is almost as difficult to deal with as burying a fallen comrade. In fact we're still losing our brothers in arms overseas right now and it's hardly mentioned it in the media; but that's OK, we don't risk our lives and sacrifice so much for fanfare or recognition. It's not at all why we do what we do. We do what we do because you are worth it, because we love you.

I would love for those two leaders to have that conversation, but more than anything I just want us to love one another again. One great thing about freedom is that you get to choose everyday how you treat your neighbor. This IS the best country in the world, but we can always do better. I'm laying it all out there because I have to, I swore to defend this land and its people, and I will die trying. I know some people will hate this (we love to hate things these days), and I'll get called a disgrace to the Green Beret once again. But I don't care, the United States means more to me than any of that.

EDITOR'S PICKS

From a seat to a knee: How Colin Kaepernick and Nate Boyer are trying to effect change
Colin Kaepernick's decision to change his protest to kneeling during the national anthem was made with input from several interested parties.
Over the past year I've come across veterans from various walks of life. We may actually be the most diverse sub-culture in the America. Since I myself am a Green Beret, I want to share with you a couple of messages that were sent to me from men in my former unit. One of them is white, and one of them is black:

"Hey brother. At first I was with you on the Kaepernick issue. However, I just stood in formation while one of our brothers was pulled off a plane with our nation's flag draped over the coffin. I had to fight back tears as I saw the pain in the eyes of Staff Sergeant T's wife and family. While I would like to sit here and tell you that I rose above it all, I have to be honest. My heart filled with rage. Rage for anyone who takes for granted the ideals and symbols that we fight and die for."

"Hey Brother, this is J. I spent nearly 18 years in 10th Special Forces Group and wish I had an opportunity to meet a brother like yourself. I just want to say I appreciate your views on this national anthem and flag issue. I love our country, but at the same time I have to take the time to tell my sons to act a certain way out of fear for their lives when dealing with police officers. Most of my neighbors and friends here in MD are law enforcement personnel and will tell you they also have to act a certain way to avoid confrontation and situations that normally don't occur for those that are not of color. Not all officers are bad, the majority I believe are good and poor training is attributed to some of these issues we hear of. I really just want to thank you for your taking the time out to understand and convincing him to take a knee and not sit out on what we have fought for. God Bless You Bro!"

Different backgrounds, different experiences, different colors, but at the end of the day they just want the same basic things for their families.

So please, no more lines in the sand, not at home, not among our people. No more choosing sides, no more "for or against." I believe our Veterans will be called upon to lead the way in healing the world and solving its problems; right now our country needs that more than I can remember. So I'll be here, standing in the radical middle, doing what I can to continue fighting for those that can't fight for themselves. Let's get this thing fixed together, you and me. I love you all with all my heart.

De Oppresso Liber

-- Nate Boyer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21003968/nfl-2017-ex-green-beret-nate-boyer-writes-open-letter-president-donald-trump-colin-kaepernick-nfl-united-states-america

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »
Fans boo kneeling New Orleans Saints players during tribute to fallen NOPD officer
NOLA.com ^ | 10/15/17 | Amos Morale III
Posted on 10/15/2017, 7:34:21 PM by Impala64ssa

Fans booed New Orleans Saints players who knelt before the presentation of the American flag and the singing of the national anthem Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The boos rang down during a moment of silence for fallen NOPD officer Marcus McNeil, who was killed in the line of duty Friday. The fans cheered when the players stood before the anthem, which was performed by former Saintsation Deri Tucker. Sunday's game vs. the Lions was the Saints' first at the Dome since President Trump weighed in on protesting NFL players during a campaign rally in Alabama last month. Officer Marcus McNeil, 29, was slain while on duty Oct. 13, 2017.

(Excerpt) Read more at nola.com ...

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2017, 09:21:45 PM »
Fans boo kneeling New Orleans Saints players during tribute to fallen NOPD officer
NOLA.com ^ | 10/15/17 | Amos Morale III
Posted on 10/15/2017, 7:34:21 PM by Impala64ssa

Fans booed New Orleans Saints players who knelt before the presentation of the American flag and the singing of the national anthem Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The boos rang down during a moment of silence for fallen NOPD officer Marcus McNeil, who was killed in the line of duty Friday. The fans cheered when the players stood before the anthem, which was performed by former Saintsation Deri Tucker. Sunday's game vs. the Lions was the Saints' first at the Dome since President Trump weighed in on protesting NFL players during a campaign rally in Alabama last month. Officer Marcus McNeil, 29, was slain while on duty Oct. 13, 2017.

(Excerpt) Read more at nola.com ...

If you look at the picture with this story. One player is kneeling with his back to the field, during the National Anthem. The news is leaving that out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:02 AM »
Georgia cheerleaders to protest anthem in stadium tunnel
Yahoo and AP ^ | 16 Oct 17 | AP
Posted on 10/16/2017, 8:45:53 AM by SkyPilot

A group of Georgia cheerleaders say they'll take a knee in the stadium tunnel when the national anthem is played at Saturday's homecoming game since their university moved them off the field after an earlier demonstration.

Kennesaw State University cheerleader Shlondra Young tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the so-called "Kennesaw Five" will kneel until the U.S. flag "represents what it should."

The cheerleaders say they've paid attention to the nationwide debate over NFL players kneeling during the anthem, and they prayed before doing so at a Sept. 30 game.

Cobb County Sheriff Neil Warren tells The Marietta Daily Journal he called the school president after that game and was assured the demonstration would not happen again.

School officials say they moved the cheerleaders off the field before games to "improve the fan experience."

(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:36 AM »
If you look at the picture with this story. One player is kneeling with his back to the field, during the National Anthem. The news is leaving that out.
I heard it was two players (forget the numbers) during the moment of silence for the murdered black police officer. Not a good look at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2017, 06:48:14 AM »
I heard it was two players (forget the numbers) during the moment of silence for the murdered black police officer. Not a good look at all.

They are ingrates and should be dismissed from the team

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
Idiot.

Colin Kaepernick files grievance accusing NFL owners of collusion

Fox News

Former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked backlash by starting the trend of NFL players kneeling during the national anthem, has filed a grievance accusing NFL owners of colluding against him under the latest collective bargaining agreement, according to a report out Sunday.

Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman said in a series of tweets that the controversial athlete has hired attorney Mark Geragos “who has represented numerous high profile clients.”

Geragos said in a statement posted on Twitter on Sunday that he filed the grievance “only after pursuing every possible avenue with all NFL teams and their executives.”

“If the NFL (as well as all professional sports leagues) is to remain a meritocracy, then principled and peaceful political protest — which the owners themselves made great theater imitating weeks ago — should not be punished,” Geragos said in the statement, “and athletes should not be denied employment based on partisan political provocation by the executive branch of our government. Such a precedent threatens all patriotic Americans and harkens back to our darkest days as a nation.”

Preview: A first look at Hannity's one-one-one with President Trump. Video
Trump: NFL should have suspended Kaepernick

Kaepernick threw for 2,241 yards, 16 touchdowns and four interceptions during the 2016 season. However, since becoming a free agent, Kaepernick has had difficulty finding a job over the league-wide demonstrations during the national anthem that protest social injustice.

Commissioner Roger Goodell, according to Bleacher Report, has denied any blackballing of Kaepernick.

“I believe that if a football team feels that Colin Kaepernick, or any other player, is going to improve that team, they’re going to do it,” he said in June to ESPN.com.

The NFL players’ union said it would support the grievance, which was filed through the arbitration system that’s part of the league’s collective bargaining agreement.

According to Fox 13 Memphis, Kaepernick may have a good case as there have been owners, such as John Mara of the New York Giants, who have publicly said that they would not hire him and the Denver Broncos reportedly would not pursue him under any circumstances.

President Donald Trump began feuding with the NFL in September after asking at a political rally in Alabama: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a b---- off the field right now, out. He’s fired. He’s fired!’”

Tucker and former NFL player Freddie Mitchell debate a youth football team's Colin Kaepernick-inspired kneel during the national anthem. Tucker believes children are being used for politics; Mitchell thought they were learning a valuable lesson about America #TuckerVideo
Tucker vs. Ex-NFLer: Kids' Kaepernick-inspired protest

Trump told Fox News’ Sean Hannity Wednesday that the NFL should have suspended Kaepernick for kneeling during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

“The NFL should have suspended him for one game and he would have never done it again,” Trump told host Sean Hannity in Harrisburg, Pa. “They could have then suspended him for two games and they could have suspended him again if he did it a third time, for the season, and you would never have had a problem.”

“I will tell you,” Trump told Hannity, “you cannot disrespect our country, our flag, our anthem, you cannot do that.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/10/15/colin-kaepernick-files-grievance-accusing-nfl-owners-collusion-report-says.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »
Trump slams Clinton for defending NFL anthem kneelers, says that 'thinking' is why she lost
Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman,   Fox News
President Trump: I hope Hillary runs again
The president says he fully understands why Clinton didn't win.

President Trump hammered Hillary Clinton on Monday for her defense of NFL players protesting the national anthem, saying that kind of “thinking” is why she lost the election.

In a joint White House press conference with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Trump was asked about Clinton's latest comments on players who “take a knee.”

“Well—that’s why she lost the election. I mean, honestly, it’s that thinking—that is the reason she lost the election,” Trump responded.

He also repeated his early-morning call on Twitter for Clinton to run again. “Oh, I hope Hillary runs. Is she going to run? I hope. Hillary, please run again,” Trump said.

Clinton, in an interview Sunday during her overseas tour promoting her new campaign memoir, said kneeling during the national anthem is a “reverent” position that is not against “our anthem or our flag.” Clinton warned that people should resist “what are very clear dog-whistles” to excite the Trump base, citing the NFL-White House feud.

HILLARY DEFENDS KNEELING NFL PLAYERS, SAYS 'THAT'S NOT AGAINST OUR ANTHEM OR FLAG'

“That’s what black athletes thought kneeling was all about,” she said in response to a question about ways to resist the White House. “That’s not against our anthem or our flag. Actually, kneeling is a reverent position. It was to demonstrate in a peaceful way against racism and injustice in our criminal system.”

Trump, in turn, suggested the response helps better explain her 2016 loss.

“I mean, look, there are a lot of reasons that she didn’t win, including the fact that she was not good at what she did,” Trump said Monday. “But I will tell you, that is something that I had just heard about and I think her statement, in itself, is very disrespectful to our country.”

Earlier in the day, Trump had dared Clinton -- on Twitter -- to run again in 2020.

TRUMP DARES 'CROOKED' HILLARY TO RUN AGAIN AFTER SHE BLAMES LOSS ON COMEY 'SHIV'

The former secretary of state has given little indication that she has plans to launch a third White House bid.

As for the NFL debate, Trump said Monday that “there’s plenty of time to do knees, and there’s plenty of time to do lots of other things,” but remained consistent in his stance that “sitting” or “taking a knee” is disrespectful to the country.

The White House-NFL feud has dominated the headlines for weeks. Trump spurred the controversy during a rally in Alabama last month, when he called for players to be fired if they disrespected the flag, drawing criticism from NFL players and even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Trump seemed to soften his tone during the press conference on Monday, suggesting suspension, rather than termination, as a proper punishment.

“The NFL should have suspended some of these players for one game –not fire them—suspend them for one game. And then if they did it again, it could have been two games, then three games, then for the season,” Trump suggested. “You wouldn’t have people disrespecting our country right now.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/16/trump-slams-clinton-for-defending-nfl-anthem-kneelers-says-that-thinking-is-why-lost.html

James

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2017, 03:45:10 PM »
Nah.  They're going to put a stop to it.  There will probably me some mealymouthed statement recognizing whatever the heck they are protesting, while finally enforcing its own rules.  

Well I got it half right, so far.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-anthem-policy-unchanged-after-lengthy-meeting-between-players-owners/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »
Jaguars apologize to local military for anthem demonstration
AP Sports Writer
OCTOBER 17, 2017

JACKSONVILLE, FLA.
The Jacksonville Jaguars have apologized to local military leaders for demonstrating during the national anthem in London last month.

Jaguars President Mark Lamping sent a letter to the director of military affairs and veterans in Jacksonville saying the team was "remiss in not fully comprehending the effect of the national anthem demonstration on foreign soil has had on the men and women who have or continue to serve our country." The letter was forwarded to Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry on Monday and available via his public email.

Most of the Jaguars, including owner Shad Khan, locked arms during the anthem on Sept. 24. About a dozen players took a knee during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Wembley Stadium. Similar demonstrations happened across the NFL as players, coaches and executives responded to President Donald Trump's suggestion that teams should punish players making any sort of statements of protests during the national anthem.

The Jaguars demonstrated in unity as a team and then stood for "God Save The Queen."

"This was an oversight and certainly not intended to send a message that would disparage you, our flag or our nation," Lamping wrote to Bill Spann, director of Jacksonville's military affairs and veterans department.

Ravens And Jaguars Players Kneel Following Trump's Comments
Inform

NFL owners are meeting this week in New York, where the national anthem will be a key topic of discussion.

Lamping's letter was dated Oct. 6, and it is unclear why it was forwarded to the mayor Monday. Lamping wrote it on behalf of Khan and Tom Coughlin, the team's executive vice president of football operations.

"The notion never entered the minds of our players or anyone affiliated with the Jacksonville Jaguars, but today we can understand how the events in London on September 24 could have been viewed or misinterpreted," Lamping wrote. "We owe you an apology and hope you will accept it."

Some fans in Jacksonville, a city that hosts a major Navy base and tends to lean Republican, expressed anger on social media sites and vowed never to attend another Jaguars game. Others praised Khan for siding with his players.

The day after the game in London, Curry called it stupid not to stand for the anthem even though such acts are protected by the U.S. Constitution.

"I stand and cover my heart for the pledge and the anthem," Curry said in a statement. "I think it's stupid to do otherwise. The U.S. Constitution protects the right for a lot of people to do a lot of stupid things. I am a Constitutional Conservative, so I respect the wisdom of our Founders."

The Jaguars announced they distributed 56,232 tickets for their home game against the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday, a 27-17 loss that was the franchise's ninth in its last 10 games at EverBank Field. It was the team's fewest number of tickets distributed for a Jaguars home game since 2009.

Officials insisted the decrease had more to do with the team's losing ways in recent years — the Jaguars have won 20 of 86 games since 2011 — than the anthem demonstration.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/business/article179275571.html

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2017, 06:23:43 AM »
Oh wow, a letter....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »
NFL ratings continue fall, latest Nielsen numbers show
ESPN ^ | October 18, 2017 | Darren Rovell
Posted on 10/18/2017, 9:28:28 AM

Through the first six weeks of the NFL season, total viewership of games is down 7.5 percent, compared with the first six weeks of 2016.

An average of 15 million people watched games for the first six weeks this year, compared with 16.2 million people through Week 6 last season, according to metrics from Nielsen

(Excerpt) Read more at espn.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »
Excessive Celebration: ABC Falsely Claims NFL Not Making Players Stand
By Nicholas Fondacaro | October 17, 2017
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/10/17/excessive-celebration-abc-falsely-claims-nfl-not-making