Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 22, 2017, 11:31:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 33122 times)
nzmusclemonster
Getbig V

Serenity Now!

« Reply #625 on: October 06, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »

I don't live in a world of "What if's?"
It's that simple.
We all 3 took turns beating each other in head to head competition which made us all better and more Aware of each other's gifts, strengths & weaknesses.
It's a sport of Opinion.
I'm raising my kids not wondering "If" this or if that.
I'm 16 years removed from the stage bro, I look back with admiration and appreciation not with "What if'."

Bodybuilding is not a sport.

Hope this helps.
Report to moderator   Logged

PTPS
DroppingPlates
Competitors II
Getbig V

Gimmicks r like viruses, you have good & bad ones.

« Reply #626 on: October 06, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »

Afraid of a brother that speaks his mind? Smiley

You're too much of a dumb fuck to understand my words, ask your parents for a better brain
Beefjake
Getbig III

Oh fuck it.

« Reply #627 on: October 06, 2017, 12:39:49 PM »

Shawn.

Did you do any college level football or was it just in high school?
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

« Reply #628 on: October 06, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »

Afraid of a brother that speaks his mind? Smiley

Hi Benny
Chadwick The Beta
Getbig IV

"Stop calling me by my name." - Karen M.

« Reply #629 on: October 06, 2017, 12:42:16 PM »

Hi Benny

Schlomo Manciewicz aka Benny Blanco

K
illuminati
Competitors II
Getbig IV

The Strongest Shall Survive

« Reply #630 on: October 06, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »

Shawn! You seem like you are quite full of yourself! Like u see yourself as a celebrity of sorts? Youíre a nobody! The average person has no clue who u are-a soft pretzel is more famous than you!
Did u envision all the forum members bowing to you and praising you?
Why donít u answer everyoneís questions?
Youíre a fat old fossil-no one even cares about the dumb interviews you do

I'M sure Shawn is more than able to answer you if chooses.

It's strange you would attack him like that
This is Bodybuilding Forum or at least it's meant to be
And Shawn was one of top professional competitors of his era
Whether you or I like that or not.

If you dislike Shawn or his physique that's a different matter & your opinion

Your delusional if you really think Shawn is a nobody in terms of his success as a pro bodybuilder
And his status on a Bodybuilding forum.
DarthSidious
Getbig II

« Reply #631 on: October 06, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »

Shawn,

You were/are known for not snapping your shit up from lifting, but you moved some impressive weights on video.  What were your best training poundages?

Also, why do you rate Franco the worst Olympia winner?  Even with his shitty quads and bitch tits in his comeback, his upper body was still killer.  I think Dickerson is far and away the worst Mr. O...his arms were small, he'd torn a pec (and his chest was unimpressive to begin with), he had those retarded-looking elbows, weird abs, was narrow and just *small* overall.  Great calves, outstanding quad separation, good triceps but only evident in the side tri pose, OK back thickness and he was ripped...that's really all I can say for him.  Many guys in the early eighties destroyed him in most of the mandatories.  How he beat Platz, Padilla, Callender, Viator, Zane, Mentzer, Boyer and Wilcosz (sp?) some of those years simply baffles me.

At the risk of sounding like a total kissass, I could say the same about your Arnold and Ironman platings in '96.  I like Vince Taylor, but his pecs were pancake thin compared to his delts and arms, and even though you came in heavier than usual, you were still better conditioned.  Then, Paul was lean as hell and gigantic, but from the waist up, he looked terrible from the back.  You should have been second at the Ironman and battling Levrone for second at the ASC.

Fwiw, I also had you third in the '99 Olympia.  I scored it Ron, Chris, you, Ken, Kevin and then your pal, Lee Cheesy, followed by your other good buddy Nasser.
LittleJ
Getbig IV

« Reply #632 on: October 06, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »

You're too much of a dumb fuck to understand my words, ask your parents for a better brain

Don't you have a concert to shoot up
LittleJ
Getbig IV

« Reply #633 on: October 06, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »

Hi Benny

I thought he was dead Huh
johnny1
Getbig IV

« Reply #634 on: October 06, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »

It's that simple.
We all 3 took turns beating each other in head to head competition which made us all better and more Aware of each other's gifts, strengths & weaknesses.
It's a sport of Opinion.
I'm 16 years removed from the stage bro, I look back with admiration and appreciation not with "What if'."

ok well thanks for addressing the question, but with due respect it wasn't a "what" if Question Shawn if was a...in your opinion...question, for most the 1990s I was arguably the best Greco wrestler in my country bar none I haven't competed in over 15 years now but the younger kids (guys in their 20s) ask me frequently how I'd do against the best wrestlers nowadays...and I answer them honestly...in my opinion...it doesn't make it a FACT...it's just my opinion.

You were one of the very best of ANY GENARATION of bodybuilders and you proved it consistently over the 1980s-1990s...that's the reason I asked you YOUR OPINION shawn it's not a crime too say you feel you could beat the best of today personally I think there's a good chance you'd beat MOST top guys nowadays but heaths a tougher closer thing against Phil because regardless of his persona he's pretty complete...and so we're you.

It's not a crime too admit you were good enough too beat the newer generation it's just your opinion.
Earl1972
Getbig V

Mr. Levrone is Lord

« Reply #635 on: October 06, 2017, 08:57:33 PM »

It's that simple.
It's a sport of Opinion.

i'm guessing this is your way of saying phil would beat you guys, because you did say that you would beat flex lewis

E

E
Rajkapoor
Getbig III

« Reply #636 on: October 07, 2017, 03:14:10 AM »

If you think Lee is an "Ambassador" for this sport, I certainly won't try to dignify you're question with an answer.
#KeepItMovin
May be not as a person but his physique has been and will be inspirational in years to come.here is what i see as a follower of the sports.You,Padilla,labrada,dexter,priest,Makkway and of course the greatest potential ever walked on bodybuilding stage flex wheeler will always be source of inspiration for young or old school bodybuilders.lots of people have problem with your self cantered attitude.i never seen you conducting an interview without mentioning you glory day story...very petty and insecure if you ask me.so much for being judgemental.here is question for you.tell me if Jim Manion and Rafael santonja are fighting over money or ego.either way they will destroy the sports.where you standing in this dispute.
Be There
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #637 on: October 07, 2017, 03:17:01 AM »

May be not as a person but his physique has been and will be inspirational in years to come.here is what i see as a follower of the sports.You,Padilla,labrada,dexter,priest,Makkway and of course the greatest potential ever walked on bodybuilding stage flex wheeler will always be source of inspiration for young or old school bodybuilders.lots of people have problem with your self cantered attitude.i never seen you conducting an interview without mentioning you glory day story...very petty and insecure if you ask me.so much for being judgemental.here is question for you.tell me if Jim Manion and Rafael santonja are fighting over money or ego.either way they will destroy the sports.where you standing in this dispute.

flex was a skinny ecto who destroyed himself with oil..
Bevo
Getbig V

German Power!

« Reply #638 on: October 07, 2017, 03:23:35 AM »

And you didnít mention Kevin who was one of the greatest of the 90ís and should have a been a O winner haha
NotMrAverage
Getbig IV

SCHPORT

« Reply #639 on: October 07, 2017, 04:02:38 AM »

So Shawn do you think this is a sport or a schport?  Wink

MIRAGETROPIN
m8
Getbig V

« Reply #640 on: October 07, 2017, 06:56:15 AM »

Loved your honesty and commentary at the Olympia. It was a breath of fresh air  Smiley
Rajkapoor
Getbig III

« Reply #641 on: October 07, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »

And you didnít mention Kevin who was one of the greatest of the 90ís and should have a been a O winner haha
obviously potential wise i do not see him there.please tell me a year when he should have won Olympia and did,t..Bit over rated tbh.
Rajkapoor
Getbig III

« Reply #642 on: October 07, 2017, 08:25:16 AM »

flex was a skinny ecto who destroyed himself with oil..
flex would win over 90% vote on any board for being all time best bodybuilding physique on Olympia stage.
DroppingPlates
Competitors II
Getbig V

Gimmicks r like viruses, you have good & bad ones.

« Reply #643 on: October 07, 2017, 08:30:11 AM »

I knew that Shawn would visit the Netherlands, but I forget the date. Well, it was last weekend, so Hi Shawn, hope you liked your visit
Sherief Shalaby
Getbig V

Team Nasser

« Reply #644 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:08 AM »

shawn, at the olympia 2000 back stage why did you refuse to give levrone a piece of the orange you had when he asked you to stop his cramps?..  Angry Angry Angry
Be There
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #645 on: October 07, 2017, 10:57:00 AM »

shawn, at the olympia 2000 back stage why did you refuse to give levrone a piece of the orange you had when he asked you to stop his cramps?..  Angry Angry Angry

Because he got it from a young Kai Greene...
NotMrAverage
Getbig IV

SCHPORT

« Reply #646 on: October 07, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »

Never met anyone else like Shawn. A sociologist, a bodybuilder and also a bodybuildingwriter. Creds to him! Like myself.

MIRAGETROPIN
Sherief Shalaby
Getbig V

Team Nasser

« Reply #647 on: October 07, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »

Because he got it from a young Kai Greene...

Grin
NelsonMuntz
Getbig V

Voted Getbigs Most Positive Memeber March 2017

« Reply #648 on: October 07, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »

Shawn,

One thing I noticed on all the boards and online in general in reference to the Olympia broadcast on Amazon was that people generally enjoyed the feed for a change. What they did not enjoy and this is something that is brought up online every year and nobody who does the broadcast does not seem to pay attention to is that during the personal posing routines, that nobody wants to hear the commentator yapping away because it takes away from the routine we are watching. Like seriously, you and Dan do a great job commentating, but perhaps someone needs to tell Dan specifically to shut the fuck up during the routine. You like to tell it like it is, so appreciate that I am telling it like it is. If you do not believe me, pull up the commentary of people online during the podcast and you will see those comments specifically like crazy.

If we went back to when you did your awesome routine at the Nationals, the whole would have beenruined had 2 guys been babbling the whole time during. Everyone including you talks about the lack of good posing today, but one other facet ruining the posing is exactly the babbling that goes on during live streaming of events. Boxers, hockey football, mma are geared to commentators talking during play because they don't do it to music, the posing routines are done to music 100%.. Huge difference. I suggest wathing figure skating routines as an example, they talk very little during routines

That is my major criticsm about the commentary, everything else is great, thanks

"
Shizzo
Getbig IV

« Reply #649 on: October 07, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »

Shawn,

One thing I noticed on all the boards and online in general in reference to the Olympia broadcast on Amazon was that people generally enjoyed the feed for a change. What they did not enjoy and this is something that is brought up online every year and nobody who does the broadcast does not seem to pay attention to is that during the personal posing routines, that nobody wants to hear the commentator yapping away because it takes away from the routine we are watching. Like seriously, you and Dan do a great job commentating, but perhaps someone needs to tell Dan specifically to shut the fuck up during the routine. You like to tell it like it is, so appreciate that I am telling it like it is. If you do not believe me, pull up the commentary of people online during the podcast and you will see those comments specifically like crazy.

If we went back to when you did your awesome routine at the Nationals, the whole would have beenruined had 2 guys been babbling the whole time during. Everyone including you talks about the lack of good posing today, but one other facet ruining the posing is exactly the babbling that goes on during live streaming of events. Boxers, hockey football, mma are geared to commentators talking during play because they don't do it to music, the posing routines are done to music 100%.. Huge difference. I suggest wathing figure skating routines as an example, they talk very little during routines

That is my major criticsm about the commentary, everything else is great, thanks
Good question.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!