Author Topic: Mandalay Bay Shooting - Las Vegas 10/02/17  (Read 232476 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
Re: Mandalay Bay Shooting - Las Vegas 10/02/17
« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2017, 02:00:02 PM »
2008, a simpler time.

PIP Bobby Sly! Hope he was buried in those NBs

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »
he'd need practice and at least a working knowledge of ballistics and bullet trajectory and making adjustments for the angle and that angle would change depending on the room he got. the angle of trajectory firing from the 32nd floor is different from firing from the 48th floor or the 4th floor.

he'd also need to use a range finder and know the distance to adjust his point of aim, and it'd help if he actually had experience in making adjustments for everything.

Simple Simon

« Reply #402 on: October 03, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »

during my time training LAPD forensic scientists I attended many suicide scenes and most of them looked just like the photo above.

There were others that looked different of course, it can depend on the calibre of bullet and angle of the shot, you can never really predict what its going to look like.

Only a total fucking moron would look at the picture and make idiotic comments about how "it looks fake"

Simple Simon

« Reply #403 on: October 03, 2017, 02:11:42 PM »
During my time training police marksmen it soon became apparent that you can cause multiple casualties by simply spraying machine gun fire into a large crowd with almost no firearm training whatsoever.

Meta-physical

« Reply #404 on: October 03, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »
he'd need practice and at least a working knowledge of ballistics and bullet trajectory and making adjustments for the angle and that angle would change depending on the room he got. the angle of trajectory firing from the 32nd floor is different from firing from the 48th floor or the 4th floor.

he'd also need to use a range finder and know the distance to adjust his point of aim, and it'd help if he actually had experience in making adjustments for everything.

Sorry, Eric, but that's nonsense.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #405 on: October 03, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »

Piew piew piew!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #406 on: October 03, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
During my time training police marksmen it soon became apparent that you can cause multiple casualties by simply spraying machine gun fire into a large crowd with almost no firearm training whatsoever.

And what does your training say about this happy broad ?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: October 03, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »

Oh geeze.  Really???  She was in shock.  People in shock display all kinds of seemingly inappropriate reactions.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #408 on: October 03, 2017, 02:20:10 PM »
that doesn't look real. where's the skull and brain-matter on the floor? his brain would've spilled out when he fell. why's there blood on his shirt? why is there blood gurggled up over his face traveling up his nose and face?

looks fake as fuck.

This doesn't look fake to me. You've been watching too many movies.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »
bullshit, she was just happy to be on TV

Oh geeze.  Really???  She was in shock.  People in shock display all kinds of seemingly inappropriate reactions.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #410 on: October 03, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
Sorry, Eric, but that's nonsense.

Hunting deer or elk and shooting uphill or downhill is different from shooting flat.

during my time training LAPD forensic scientists I attended many suicide scenes and most of them looked just like the photo above.

There were others that looked different of course, it can depend on the calibre of bullet and angle of the shot, you can never really predict what its going to look like.

Only a total fucking moron would look at the picture and make idiotic comments about how "it looks fake"

Really? What years were you there? My buddies wife works for the FBI in Los Angeles as a forensic pathologist. Maybe  she remembers you

Simple Simon

« Reply #411 on: October 03, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »

No such thing as normal behaviour when people are in shock.

Amanda Knox was doing cartwheels in the police station when she was arrested.

Simple Simon

« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2017, 02:23:53 PM »
Hunting deer or elk and shooting uphill or downhill is different from shooting flat.
Really? What years were you there? My buddies wife works for the FBI in Los Angeles as a forensic pathologist. Maybe  she remembers you

There was a time when I would have pressed you on that, not anymore, I think you really believe it.. :-*

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »

Meta-physical

« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
What you described would be more applicable to someone shooting a deer, elk, or some other individual target at a considerable distance, and using a type of rifle that would require making specific adjustments. In this case, the individual was firing indiscriminately into a large crowd from a stable, elevated position. He was simply putting rounds down into the general area in the hope of hitting as many people as he could. It would require nothing more than a basic understanding of how to operate the weapon.

Similarly, the article posted by Walter makes numerous errors. Firstly, it doesn't require much physical effort at all to fire the type of weapons that he used. No 'incredible strength' is required to keep them 'on target' when the target is a concert full of people, and clearing a stoppage is as simple as it is on any other similar rifle. Also, it may well be the case that these weapons would be prone to overheating and jamming when being fired for a considerable length of time, but the shooter obviously considered this by ensuring that he was equipped with numerous backup rifles. Heavy, belt-fed types of machine guns often require the operator to switch barrels when firing them for a sustained period to avoid a 'runaway gun' or melted barrel; but this wasn't a concern here. As for the enclosed space, build-up of smoke, and issue of the fire alarm - he was firing from an open window; it was a ventilated room and he may well have done something as simple as sticking a condom over the smoke alarm, if not disabling it beforehand. People read far too much into these events.

Simple Simon

« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2017, 02:47:25 PM »
What you described would be more applicable to someone shooting a deer, elk, or some other individual target at a considerable distance, and using a type of rifle that would require making specific adjustments. In this case, the individual was firing indiscriminately into a large crowd from a stable, elevated position. He was simply putting rounds down into the general area in the hope of hitting as many people as he could. It would require nothing more than a basic understanding of how to operate the weapon.

Similarly, the article posted by Walter makes numerous errors. Firstly, it doesn't require much physical effort at all to fire the type of weapons that he used. No 'incredible strength' is required to keep them 'on target' when the target is a concert full of people, and clearing a stoppage is as simple as it is on any other similar rifle. Also, it may well be the case that these weapons would be prone to overheating and jamming when being fired for a considerable length of time, but the shooter obviously considered this by ensuring that he was equipped with numerous backup rifles. Heavy, belt-fed types of machine guns often require the operator to switch barrels when firing them for a sustained period to avoid a 'runaway gun' or melted barrel; but this wasn't a concern here. As for the enclosed space, build-up of smoke, and issue of the fire alarm - he was firing from an open window; it was a ventilated room and he may well have done something as simple as sticking a condom over the smoke alarm, if not disabling it beforehand. People read far too much into these events.

you are totally wrong, he wont explain why though.....apart from that he has a vast knowledge of weapons guns and discharging them into people.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: October 03, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #417 on: October 03, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »
Apparently video recorded his massacre:

"Las Vegas madman Stephen Paddock set up a camera inside his hotel room to capture his deadly shooting rampage — and other surveillance in the hallway to alert him as cops closed in on him, according to reports."

http://nypost.com/2017/10/03/las-vegas-gunman-filmed-himself-during-slaughter/

:o

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: October 03, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »
that doesn't look real. where's the skull and brain-matter on the floor? his brain would've spilled out when he fell. why's there blood on his shirt? why is there blood gurggled up over his face traveling up his nose and face?

looks fake as fuck.

The picture looks very realistic.  That's a 38 on the floor next to him.  It's possible it didn't even exit.

Simple Simon

« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »
The picture looks very realistic.  That's a 38 on the floor next to him.  It's possible it didn't even exit.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a4f_1378532046

cross-of-iron

• Getbig IV
  • TRIBALISMO BLANCO
« Reply #420 on: October 03, 2017, 03:01:51 PM »
you are totally wrong, he wont explain why though.....apart from that he has a vast knowledge of weapons guns and discharging them into people.

:D

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
I know there were times in my career where I would use this board to support my theories in many investigations. Blew the prosecutors minds...
Sir, please turn in your gun and badge......

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »
Looks like the old man responded. I like this guy, i watch his youtube videos all the time.

https://www.facebook.com/Hickok45-264641617269/?hc_ref=ARSUheEZasat74CvF09NIvkppuANnITLQpzY35bVFWjIUiJhaT-vicJwq9Z59rmP4p0&fref=nf

The event in Las Vegas is so, so sad; so much pain for those poor folks and all their families.
Right on schedule, though, while innocent people are still bleeding, the anti-gun / anti-2nd Amendment news media and politicians are pushing their political agenda.
I was not aware that anybody still watched network news or many of these channels these days, but many of you have notified me that NBC, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. are using footage from our bump fire stock videos to make it look like a few bucks will convert an AK or AR15 to a "real" fully auto firearm.
It sort of does, but not really. I actually don't care for them that much and other than to review them in videos, have never left one on any of my firearms. Anyway, they are perfectly legal stocks and are available at all the major sporting goods stores. I probably could take legal action against these media outlets if I wanted, and many of you have encouraged me to do so.
I've been through these cycles my entire adult life, so nothing the media or politicians try to pull surprises me much, or hardly even gets my attention. It's why I belong to seven or eight gun rights organizations.
I hesitate to give the media more "ammunition," since they already think anything "semi-auto" or "full-auto" is like a nuclear weapon, but in truth the whacko could have carried seven or eight fully loaded 1860 Henry leverguns (Civil War era technology) up to that room and created a similar massacre.

If there's a "gun control" / "people control" measure, other than a police state, that will totally prevent this sort of crazy from doing something like this, let's hear the plan, and we'll all weigh in on it and let our representative know how we want them to vote.
Call me pessimistic, but I don't expect many logical suggestions from the "emotion-based" 2nd Amendment haters.

I encourage everybody to ignore the media and political drama and to think for yourself, even if you come to the conclusion that more gun control / people control is the solution. Please try not to let emotion guide your thinking, though. The survival of the 1st and 2nd Amendments should not be based on emotion; otherwise both would have been gone long ago.

Same, this guy's a great shooter, nice setup in his yard...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2017, 03:28:46 PM »
mexican, in a case of corona boxes

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2017, 03:47:02 PM »

how'd the .38 get above his head? looks like he shot himself (according to the pic) in the mouth.

why is so much blood pouring out of his mouth upward while he's laying down flat?