Author Topic: Bodybuilding's DEAD POOL... this list is f#@king crazy...  (Read 59590 times)

Bodies

• Getbig III
Re: Bodybuilding's DEAD POOL... this list is f#@king crazy...
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2006, 04:28:47 AM »
At least they all died for a good cause.

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2006, 04:44:48 AM »
Matt Mendenhall.

No, he's not dead but a number of years ago- almost 10 now- an interview with him appeared in a muscle mag.  It was supposed to be an expose on all the problems he had as well as how it was that he never came to be a pro- without a doubt- one of the best bodies ever to never win a pro card. 

It is mentioned in the article that Matt came down with some strange fungal infection that he just couldn't beat. 

Now, seeing as how this was in a Muscle magazine, I have no idea if it is true or not. 

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2006, 08:41:43 AM »
Matt Mendenhall.

No, he's not dead but a number of years ago- almost 10 now- an interview with him appeared in a muscle mag.  It was supposed to be an expose on all the problems he had as well as how it was that he never came to be a pro- without a doubt- one of the best bodies ever to never win a pro card. 

It is mentioned in the article that Matt came down with some strange fungal infection that he just couldn't beat. 

Now, seeing as how this was in a Muscle magazine, I have no idea if it is true or not. 

Yeah, I remember an article in Ironman (probably the same article) many years ago that went into this. I believe Matt had intestinal candida (thrush), but it was not a life threatening thing. Basically a recurring yeast overgrowth in the gut. He said that is caused him to be carb sensitive and to be unable to get ripped and hard.

It's not uncommon for otherwise healthy people to be diagnosed with these types of infections, or to even have the odd problem here and there with such infections. But a healthy immune system usually keeps them in check before they become life threatening.
Greed is good!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »
here are a few

Juan Ferrero - 40
Caesar Juliani - 22 - gun shot
Gene Massey - 26 - plane crash
Ray McNeil - 30
Victor Nicoletti - 50
Floyd Page - 38
Carlos Rodriguez - 48
Tom Sansone - 38 - cancer
Rock Stonewall - 54
Tony Terlazzo - 56
Ron Teufel - 45 - HIV
dom coriniti-31- gun shot    take notice the two gun shot victims ethnicity.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2018, 12:56:40 PM »
scott cooper died choking on a hot dog.
F