Author Topic: 2018 California - Recreational pot laws kick in tonight  (Read 12615 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: California recreational pot laws kick in tonight
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2018, 08:20:51 AM »
People don't want to be fit and strong because even on steroids that requires some effort.  However the majority of people seem to want to be high, ergo dope is legal in Kommiefornia.   Dopers want to be dazed and confused and there's more of them than there are fitness minded people.

You can bet if those roles were reversed then stayroids would no longer be ostracized in the State of Shit known a Kommiefornia.  Doubtless stoners will be pissy about the next statement I make but I think dope is for retards.  Why you would want to repeatedly alter your state of consciousness/awareness is beyond me. 

PIOL.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »
The products that began flooding the market, appearing to be various forms of concentrates, work toward removing power from the consumer by handing it to big business through their revolving door with the government.

The products further steal power from the consumer by way of forming a "crack v coca" argument to be used against them in the future.

Potentially worse, even, is that protective substances found in regular marijuana (thought to be certain oils tmk) may not be in found in many of the products, possibly setting up (at least) the first generation of users for trouble.

This is the path Big Pharma travels down, as expected, in their plot to seize control of cannabis.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2018, 06:09:29 PM »
pot... mercilessly abuse the ever living shit out of it.... and get off scot free.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2018, 06:22:47 PM »
pot... mercilessly abuse the ever living shit out of it.... and get off scot free.

Hey!  Oh wait...Never mind.  I see you used one "t".  ;D

I don't even drink alcohol, LOL!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »
Sessions ending federal policy that let legal pot flourish

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
how is Colorado turning into a shit show? do you have any kind of metrics to back that retarded statement up?

The war on drugs is an ABYSMAL failure. It has not worked. Just google, "The war on drugs" and you will see why it has been a monumental failure.

On the other hand, I am not necessarily saying that all drugs should be 100% legal. However, two points:

(1) If the war on drugs is an abysmal failure, why keep doing the same thing? Einstein said, "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results." The government keeps thinking that the war on drugs will change things. It won't. It's been proven to be ineffective. Something else needs to be done. Their current methods are not halting anything.

(2) The government has an obsession with what people stick into their body (drugs). The funny thing is that you have child molesters serving a lot less time than drug offenders. Where is the "War on Child Abuse" or the "War on human trafficking?" It's missing. The government seems a lot more obsessed with what people stick into their body than what adults do to children. Strange.
X

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2018, 02:22:22 PM »
Some of the freaks out there who claim to be operating on our behalf, through government, love it that drugs are illegal.  They can quickly make a huge stash of money they don't have to acknowledge to anyone as holding, and there's no accountability involved in spending it. 

They don't care about kids getting hooked, obviously, since they have an interest in seeing consumption increase.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »
Marijuana has become an important part of my pre-workout , I smoke while I'm getting ready to lift and in between the first few warm up sets. I find this quickly gets me into the "zone" mentally. I prefer a quiet but intense focus most of the time as opposed to emotionally amping up like some do and this fits with that perfectly.

I can see how bodybuilders could really benefit from enhanced "mind muscle connection" while using it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »
Marijuana has become an important part of my pre-workout , I smoke while I'm getting ready to lift and in between the first few warm up sets. I find this quickly gets me into the "zone" mentally. I prefer a quiet but intense focus most of the time as opposed to emotionally amping up like some do and this fits with that perfectly.

I can see how bodybuilders could really benefit from enhanced "mind muscle connection" while using it.

Thanks to your post, I'm sure bodybuilders, worldwide, will see it for themselves and that you'll be fully credited for the discovery.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2018, 05:20:10 PM »

Sativas I assume.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
Sativas I assume.

To say that, with excessive cannibidol, the workout would be as short as the plate of nachos is fast?

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:45 AM »
Thanks to your post, I'm sure bodybuilders, worldwide, will see it for themselves and that you'll be fully credited for the discovery.

LOL!  ;D

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2018, 06:00:43 AM »
Sativas I assume.
It would be the logical choice , but I use indicas or indica heavy hybrids pretty exclusively, they help narrow my focus from the million things I need to do after the workout etc. etc.

I'm one of those guys whose chemistry tends towards racing thoughts and social anxiety if I smoke high content Sativas , so I rarely use those strains.

The ultimate (for me) is edibles, they always help create a truly focused, killer workout.

Recently I spent a few weeks taking an energy drink, some heavy indica, and 100mg TNE pre-workouts and it was like being a 17 year old again, I felt fucking great and had to force myself to stop at my planned weights so as to preserve the planned progression for the next sessions.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »
So replace one drug with another?

Sure, assuming that the replacement has less side effects without compromising efficacy.  And in the case of cannabis/cannabis-derived medications, that's usually the case.

Some people are sick and need medications.  If you don't, consider yourself lucky.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »

Big Whoop Wanna fight about it?

Q

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »
It would be the logical choice , but I use indicas or indica heavy hybrids pretty exclusively, they help narrow my focus from the million things I need to do after the workout etc. etc.

I'm one of those guys whose chemistry tends towards racing thoughts and social anxiety if I smoke high content Sativas , so I rarely use those strains.

The ultimate (for me) is edibles, they always help create a truly focused, killer workout.

Recently I spent a few weeks taking an energy drink, some heavy indica, and 100mg TNE pre-workouts and it was like being a 17 year old again, I felt fucking great and had to force myself to stop at my planned weights so as to preserve the planned progression for the next sessions.

Was in a part of town yesterday that is saturated with dispensaries and this Thread happened to come to mind, and this post in particular (is it proper grammar btw? I've always wondered if "particularly" and "in particular" were interchangeable. Hmm anyways...), plus I've been dealing with nausea, migraines, and some reflux/indigestion the past couple weeks, so I got onto WeedMaps and found the closest one sure as fuk wasn't going to go out of my way and I looked at their menu at their hybrids and sativas and checked Leafy.com for info on the low- priced shit and settled on a gram of AK-47 (Sativa-dominant hybrid), $11.16 with tax after a 10%-off either for me being a local or for me being a first-time customer I forget the reason she said. Waited till about 1am to try it. Took 2 small "hits" (amt of flower, unground, in the bowl was about no larger than the size of 1.5 pencil- erasers), & went for a walk around the neighborhood well browsing the internet and watching YouTube with earbuds in.

Gotta say, every time I try cannabis, it just reaffirms my prior view that Im not much of a fan. lol. Especially when it comes to sativas vs. Indicas (Indicas I tolerate a little better, various Kush's with the lowest THC possible.. Bannana Kush, Bubblegum Kush, etc..). I should have stopped after that first hit are you going to taken about half of that first hit... Even though neither of the "hits" or large

Now me, as a former opiate addict, and abuser of alcohol, you'd think that I'd be all over weed now that its legal. But, it just further illustrates that marijuana doesn't work the same for everybody and just by making it legal isn't going to open the floodgates for new marijuana users and future addicts. I couldn't imagine feeling like that during the day much less all day.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2018, 06:33:53 PM »

Gotta say, every time I try cannabis, it just reaffirms my prior view that Im not much of a fan. lol. Especially when it comes to sativas vs. Indicas (Indicas I tolerate a little better, various Kush's with the lowest THC possible.. Bannana Kush, Bubblegum Kush, etc..). I should have stopped after that first hit are you going to taken about half of that first hit... Even though neither of the "hits" or large

Now me, as a former opiate addict, and abuser of alcohol, you'd think that I'd be all over weed now that its legal. But, it just further illustrates that marijuana doesn't work the same for everybody and just by making it legal isn't going to open the floodgates for new marijuana users and future addicts. I couldn't imagine feeling like that during the day much less all day.

I think you said you are on baclofen and gabapentin. I think GABA agonists reduce the mind-bending effects of weed. Benzos can almost completely abolish the mental effects. I bet you would like it even less if you didn't use those medications - more paranoia and confusion.
I have a theory that people who have used a lot of GABA drugs, say booze or benzos, probably get more anxiety from weed.

I don't much like weed during the day either, gets too stressful, but at night when already relaxed it can be nice. Really enhances sex, food and music. Though I have made plently of PRs in the gym when mildly lit too. I feel like I'm lifting in a dream and gotta check videos later to see if I really did lift X amount of weight. :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
Anyone who has gone the distance with hard drugs, is less likely to achieve satisfaction through something like marijuana.  That must hold true as reliable information.  Not to say it doesn't happen, but it should take some reaching in any one case.

And (tmk) anxiety is closely associated with THC, while the opposite is true for most other active stuff in marijuana -- like CBD.  It's what serves to make experiences with marijuana such an oddly inconsistent thing, in the long run, being that THC and CBD are believed to rely upon less of one for more of the other.

Really, a strange plant.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2018, 07:51:39 PM »
Anyone who has gone the distance with hard drugs, is less likely to achieve satisfaction through something like marijuana.  That must hold true as reliable information.  Not to say it doesn't happen, but it should take some reaching in any one case.

And (tmk) anxiety is closely associated with THC, while the opposite is true for most other active stuff in marijuana -- like CBD.  It's what serves to make experiences with marijuana such an oddly inconsistent thing, in the long run, being that THC and CBD are believed to rely upon less of one for more of the other.

Really, a strange plant.

I purchased a couple of straws of honey with nothing but CBD in it for mixing with hot tea and it's effects were mild but noticeable, relaxing with no buzz whatsoever. Strange plant indeed.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »
Anyone who has gone the distance with hard drugs, is less likely to achieve satisfaction through something like marijuana.

ignore this imbecile.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2018, 08:10:36 PM »
I think you said you are on baclofen and gabapentin. I think GABA agonists reduce the mind-bending effects of weed. Benzos can almost completely abolish the mental effects. I bet you would like it even less if you didn't use those medications - more paranoia and confusion.
I have a theory that people who have used a lot of GABA drugs, say booze or benzos, probably get more anxiety from weed.

I don't much like weed during the day either, gets too stressful, but at night when already relaxed it can be nice. Really enhances sex, food and music. Though I have made plently of PRs in the gym when mildly lit too. I feel like I'm lifting in a dream and gotta check videos later to see if I really did lift X amount of weight. :D

I haven't taken either of those for a couple days though.

Maybe I'll pick up a g of straight Indica/Kush with a low THC %. Even then, anything more than 1 hit or "1/2" a hit is too much, esp since I'm not a regular user. Like in have the rest of that gram sitting somewhere, all 900mgs of it, & I have absolutely zero intent of trying it again today/tonight.

Shit actually made me even MORE nauseous last night(which is part of the reason I tried it last night.. Been having indigestion nausea past couple weeks I think getting used to regular food again).. Puked my guts out. Maybe a sativa heavy ak47 isn't the best choice for that, Indica may be a better choice lol.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »
Treat it like alcohol, end of.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
Treat it like alcohol, end of.

Agree, but the problem is weed isn’t like that of 60’s or 70’s. It’s much more HIGHLY processed and hit and miss with as readily available it is. Maybe or maybe not these guys that are posting on here for it, don’t realize it. When we wrote that article the studies were non-partisan.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2018, 08:47:07 PM »
The war on drugs is an ABYSMAL failure. It has not worked. Just google, "The war on drugs" and you will see why it has been a monumental failure.

On the other hand, I am not necessarily saying that all drugs should be 100% legal. However, two points:

(1) If the war on drugs is an abysmal failure, why keep doing the same thing? Einstein said, "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results." The government keeps thinking that the war on drugs will change things. It won't. It's been proven to be ineffective. Something else needs to be done. Their current methods are not halting anything.

(2) The government has an obsession with what people stick into their body (drugs). The funny thing is that you have child molesters serving a lot less time than drug offenders. Where is the "War on Child Abuse" or the "War on human trafficking?" It's missing. The government seems a lot more obsessed with what people stick into their body than what adults do to children. Strange.

good post