Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 125334 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #775 on: March 05, 2018, 09:21:02 AM »
Got my appetite back dudes, started swimming again, also incorporated some sauna therapy. Enjoying this nutritional debate along with a few pose downs between DJ and Pellius, good to see some members here still training!

Props for.posting vids dude

How many cals you eating per day?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #776 on: March 05, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
Yes. Bulking is not good idea.
But, you have to eat if you feel flat.
Just you don't need to force yourself to eat more.

If you could be a little more timely in the future it would be helpful.

You could have saved us 32 pages of bullshit.
Y

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #777 on: March 05, 2018, 02:47:06 PM »
So your appetite is up because you started doing more exercise? How is this going to help your bulk?

???

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #778 on: March 05, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »

;D ;D

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #779 on: March 05, 2018, 03:36:05 PM »
Whatever you are doing I have to admit you look bigger and still look healthy, I think 400 grams of protein is a bit excessive,  but seems to be working for you. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #780 on: March 05, 2018, 09:10:08 PM »
Wide hips my ass penis pelluus

Its the angle of the photo dipshit

Go to the roid board and find my thread about 2 week test blast and you will see a real photo of my so-called wide hips lol

And no progress, just go fuck yourself shitstain

You can throw your adolescent temper tantrums and call me names but it doesn't change
the fact that you haven't put on 20lbs of lean muscle, there's been no changes in your back
development, arms have always been the same, there will be no progress when you show case
your leg development, you are not genetically gifted. Rant and rave all want like the little child
you are but nobody sees what you see in the mirror. You're just a skinny guy that doesn't look
like he is an avid weight lifter.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #781 on: March 06, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »
Props for.posting vids dude

How many cals you eating per day?
3500-4000 cals dude.

;D

So your appetite is up because you started doing more exercise? How is this going to help your bulk?

???
Not sure, but I'm hungry as hell after I swim, and I sleep like a baby.

Whatever you are doing I have to admit you look bigger and still look healthy, I think 400 grams of protein is a bit excessive,  but seems to be working for you.  
Thanks, it's 2 grams of protein per pound why it's excessive?

be back

« Reply #782 on: March 06, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »
Thanks, it's 2 grams of protein per pound why it's excessive?

The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for protein is a modest 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. The RDA is the amount of a nutrient you need to meet your basic nutritional requirements. In a sense, it’s the minimum amount you need to keep from getting sick — not the specific amount you are supposed to eat every day.

now as someone training trying to gain muscle you should obviously be eating more than that... but 400gms, seriously???

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: March 06, 2018, 08:18:11 AM »
now as someone training trying to gain muscle you should obviously be eating more than that... but 400gms, seriously???
Don't know dude, you can't just rely on science, people are different, somethings may work for certain individuals and maybe it won't work for others. RDA doesn't factor in activity, lifestyle, genetics, and various other things. You have to try things out to see if it works or if it doesn't, this life is all try and error. So far it's working so I'll keep going until it stops or I get fat or start feeling like shit. It's definitely an interesting endeavor either way.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #784 on: March 06, 2018, 08:29:51 AM »
If its working, fucking stick with it - full stop. People tend to overthink things when it comes to dieting and bodybuilding and keep jumping from one thing to another.

chuckles

« Reply #785 on: March 06, 2018, 08:36:55 AM »
Don't know dude, you can't just rely on science, people are different, somethings may work for certain individuals and maybe it won't work for others. RDA doesn't factor in activity, lifestyle, genetics, and various other things. You have to try things out to see if it works or if it doesn't, this life is all try and error. So far it's working so I'll keep going until it stops or I get fat or start feeling like shit. It's definitely an interesting endeavor either way.
look at his diet sausages  :D

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #786 on: March 06, 2018, 08:39:32 AM »
look at his diet sausages  :D

Don't start shitting up his progress thread. Would give the mods leverage to ban you.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #787 on: March 06, 2018, 09:00:54 AM »
Don't start shitting up his progress thread. Would give the mods leverage to ban you.

We need leverage?
Y

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #788 on: March 06, 2018, 09:21:06 AM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: March 06, 2018, 01:26:24 PM »
"you can't just rely on science, but you can take everything to the extreme and afterward credit your success to whichever of 500 variables that you like." -- go4it

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: March 06, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
"you can't just rely on science, but you can take everything to the extreme and afterward credit your success to whichever of 500 variables that you like." -- go4it
500?? I increased my calories, I decreased my cardio, I decreased my training volume, and I increased my training frequency.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: March 06, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »
500?? I increased my calories, I decreased my cardio, I decreased my training volume, and I increased my training frequency.

Whatever you're doing, it's working so it's all good bro

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #792 on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:40 PM »

That's what I'm thinking.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #793 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »
I decreased my training volume, and I increased my training frequency.

I radically restructured my training this way on my accessory lifts several months ago, I'm still fine tuning intensity and volume, but I am very pleased both with results and with how well this suits my particular temperament. I personally am keeping the main lifts (for me bench, squat, and dead) to a once a week minimum but if my goal was strictly hypertrophy, I would program those more frequently also.

I would echo the "keep doing what you're doing" sentiment as well , you've obviously got a handle on what works for you.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #794 on: March 07, 2018, 01:10:52 AM »
All competitors like you know it. 8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: March 07, 2018, 02:09:53 PM »

You are desperately trying to convince yourself and others of something that you're not. But you seem to think that if you keep repeating it over and over again that it will somehow become a
reality.  thin you.

"Throughout my career in emergency medicine I have been amazed at the human capacity for self-delusion; we are the only animal in nature that can lie to itself. We do it so well that the majority of people are totally unaware of what motivates their actions, most people do not act to achieve consciously named goals; rather, they act to placate subconscious psychological value conflicts. If this sounds cynical, so be it...I am convinced it is true...even in myself."

-- Dr. Doug McGuff, The Narrow Therapeutic Window

Right on.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #796 on: March 07, 2018, 05:46:13 PM »
Thanks for the positive comment, you must have been in a good mood ;D

That's what I'm thinking.
Respect 8)

I radically restructured my training this way on my accessory lifts several months ago, I'm still fine tuning intensity and volume, but I am very pleased both with results and with how well this suits my particular temperament. I personally am keeping the main lifts (for me bench, squat, and dead) to a once a week minimum but if my goal was strictly hypertrophy, I would program those more frequently also.

I would echo the "keep doing what you're doing" sentiment as well , you've obviously got a handle on what works for you.
Thanks, changing my training has been interesting, I cut the volume and sets way down, it's actually hard to leave the gym after like 12 sets, I'm used to doing 16-20 sets per body part, I always had the mentality more work equals better results, still learning this game. Good luck with your new program.

All competitors like you know it. 8)
Respect bro, Tell Paco whats up ;D

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #797 on: March 07, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »
After a lifetime time, 46 years now, of continuously training with weights and comparing myself to others sharing the same passion over decades, I would deem my genetic response to putting on muscle to be
below average. At a bit over 6'1" I've gotten as high as 215 lbs but I was objectively fat. I've pretty much abandon the quest and train more for health and fitness and hold steady with my normal life style at around 180lbs. So I am nothing special and wouldn't never have the conceit and level of self-delusion that you do making the claims that you make. You post this tricep shot as if it's something special. Deserving of praise and admiration.

Again, I'm nothing to brag about but compared to you...

I have to imagine that one of the resident wackos is running the account and finding these obscure and blurry images to post of "DJ".  I don't think anyone has been responding to the account seriously for a while now.  But, for what it's worth you destroy him in that side arm shot.

K A N N I B A L

• Getbig II
« Reply #798 on: March 08, 2018, 03:28:19 AM »
After a lifetime time, 46 years now, of continuously training with weights and comparing myself to others sharing the same passion over decades, I would deem my genetic response to putting on muscle to be
below average. At a bit over 6'1" I've gotten as high as 215 lbs but I was objectively fat. I've pretty much abandon the quest and train more for health and fitness and hold steady with my normal life style at around 180lbs. So I am nothing special and wouldn't never have the conceit and level of self-delusion that you do making the claims that you make. You post this tricep shot as if it's something special. Deserving of praise and admiration.

Again, I'm nothing to brag about but compared to you...

Destroyed....in every way.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #799 on: March 08, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »
Blah blah blah

Meanwhile I get comps on the regular regarding my outstanding physique

But nah.... I will listen to you turds over my real life experiences lol

Yep my camera fucking sucks and it is too bad coz it can't display the glory of my outstanding physique

And go, I am bulking too and I have added 8 pounds and I still got viens running up and down my abs  8)

Wots yo bench now go?