Author Topic: Your flat bench to incline ratio?  (Read 4605 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Your flat bench to incline ratio?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »
Build strength with 4 sets of 6 reps staying at the same weight til you can get 6 reps on all 4 sets and then increase your training weights

chess315

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »
It`s not how much you can bench................... .........it`s how much you look like you can bench !!
bullshit your just saying that cause your to short to weigh 250-300

chess315

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 10:37:09 AM »
Build strength with 4 sets of 6 reps staying at the same weight til you can get 6 reps on all 4 sets and then increase your training weights
jm Blakely it makes perfect sense on every compound movement probably better than 5x5

The Seductor

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
No. That is what is known as fooling around in a gym. 3 sets of 5 reps with weight added in Linear Progression.

chess315

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
Dennis James old famous saying if your don't incline 405 for reps your not shit

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »
No. That is what is known as fooling around in a gym. 3 sets of 5 reps with weight added in Linear Progression.

Dr. Blakely disagrees

chess315

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
Dr. Blakely disagrees
lol what did Dr Blakely do for his legs back what was his total routine

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 01:03:11 PM »
lol what did Dr Blakely do for his legs back what was his total routine

When he was competing he did not train them only bench on sun and triceps work on Wednesday, nothing else

Here is how he looked with zero leg training

One word..... GENETICS

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 03:49:13 PM »
When he was competing he did not train them only bench on sun and triceps work on Wednesday, nothing else

One word..... GENETICS

Looks like a bloated mess. Unless your lean your strength doesn’t mean shit. I can easily become a 250lb bloated mess and probably get to 5 plates in no time.
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:16 PM »
The physique of an in shape legit double bodyweight bencher.  ;)
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 03:57:05 PM »
This.

You should be able to incline press around 80-90% of your flat press.

What's your max bench Flint? Around 450lb?

Not quite man  430-440 on a good day.
I’ve never hit a clean 450....was always under 220 when I tried it though.
l

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »

One word..... GENETICS

That guy looks fucking great.Love that big beefy look.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2018, 04:36:48 PM »
shouldnt a guy with a 385  incline be capable of a 500lb bench? Why do I suck at flat bench? I use a closer grip because I’m afraid  of a pec year. Bodyweight is 215 at about 6’0 so maybe I’m too light is my guess. Other than gaining weight what can I do to get my bench up? I go for the health look these days since I’m a personal trainer and I train rich Beverly Hills people That know fuck all about fitness I gotta be marketable and the super juiced up look isn’t what I want

You weigh 215lbs and can incline 385 all the way down touching your chest and you are looking for advice?  If you are a personal trainer in Beverly Hills you must look amazing. Where can I find you business on the web so I can see your amazing physique that rich people throw money at to train them.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »
You weigh 215lbs and can incline 385 all the way down touching your chest and you are looking for advice?  If you are a personal trainer in Beverly Hills you must look amazing. Where can I find you business on the web so I can see your amazing physique that rich people throw money at to train them.

The pics above
l

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:45 PM »
It`s not how much you can bench................... .........it`s how much you look like you can bench !!

This x2.

Grocery store bag boys ask "wow bro, how much ya bench?" And ill reply with some ridiculous amount like "520 on a good day, but I never really max out anymore" with a straight face lol. They reply as always something like "whoa bro That's awesome do you use a lot of creatine and stuff?"

Never really cared much about my bench because my flat bench has always been pretty shity since I've had shoulder problems from the start due to playing baseball for nearly a decade at that point (started training on 14th bday. Prior to that was only push ups side laterals with SpaghettiOs cans, upright rows and overhead tricep extensions with a boombox while watching muscle Sport USA and Kiana's Flex Appeal on ESPN every morning LOL).

Believe for the first 6-7yrs at least of training, I focused primarily on inclines. At least from like 96-03/04, especially 00-03, since i was training with Scott Markey and he always wanted to do incline and hardly ever did flat bench. I remember my last workout at World Gym San Diego on a Friday night in 2004 hitting incline Smith's I hit 275 for 5 (heaviest of ever attempted) and was amazed it felt easy. Then hit three plates for a triple. Then looked around nobody was around, so I figured I'll throw on some quarters and if I got stuck there is nobody around to see me and embarrass myself LOL. And ended up hitting 365 for one then another and another, racked it looked around, and thought "huh... never thought I do that. Guess that's a good way to end my night", racked the weights and headed home. Whole session was like 20mins lol.

/END reminiscing   haha

Anyway, wasn't till years later when I started powerlifting and training with powerlifters while recovering from bursitis and rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder that my flat bench jumped wayyy up. For an 8-month period I couldn't press a 10lb db without feeling like an ice pick stabbing my shoulder, so I focused on my Squat and deadlift while doing "rehab work" for my shoulder using 2.5lb plates. When the inflammation and pain had finally subsided, my 2nd workout I pressed a good 60 plus pounds heavier than I had ever pressed before (after 8months of pressing nothing at all) , pain-free, simply by adjusting my technique. Huge arch in my back, elbows tucked into the sides, medium with grip on the bar, "breaking the bar"("imagining" the bar is a stick and you're trying to break it in half), and bringing the bar down below the sternum, almost at the top of the first row of abs. All the wall learning to explode out of the bottom of the, like a spring, and pressing that bar as fast as I could.

Driving ATM.. To be continued.....

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2018, 05:34:12 PM »

chess315

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 04:45:46 AM »

One word..... GENETICS
he was a pretty smart dude to and I'm sure juiced to the gills but interesting to hear

chess315

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 04:47:01 AM »
Looks like a bloated mess. Unless your lean your strength doesn’t mean shit. I can easily become a 250lb bloated mess and probably get to 5 plates in no time.
I don't see how you think that isn't a good look

chess315

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2018, 04:48:53 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2018, 04:50:45 AM »
he was a pretty smart dude to and I'm sure juiced to the gills but interesting to hear

Very smart

I'm pretty intelligent and when he would talk and exercise science and biochem shit with me I'd ask him to dumb it down for me

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2018, 05:57:37 AM »
shouldnt a guy with a 385  incline be capable of a 500lb bench? Why do I suck at flat bench? I use a closer grip because I’m afraid  of a pec year. Bodyweight is 215 at about 6’0 so maybe I’m too light is my guess. Other than gaining weight what can I do to get my bench up? I go for the health look these days since I’m a personal trainer and I train rich Beverly Hills people That know fuck all about fitness I gotta be marketable and the super juiced up look isn’t what I want

You're a personal trainer who goes on the internet to learn how to bench press more?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2018, 08:54:47 AM »
who is that

Me at my peak. Was 225 8%
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
You're a personal trainer who goes on the internet to learn how to bench press more?

Why not? I don’t work with powerlifters. My clientele is mostly average guys trying to get to 200 and women
l