Author Topic: Gun control  (Read 19439 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Gun control
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 08:22:17 AM »
Why is it Americans have obsessions with guns? Serious question....Any other country (non third world) that had this many shootings would happily ban assault rifles and whatever else- gun nuts get all emotional and tell themselves guns aren’t the problem?.........Not sure if they’re delusional or just don’t want to lose their automatic guns
Delusional post. America is very comparable for mass shootings in comparison to European countries per capita. Not sure where we rank on acid/car attacks, though.

As soon as you use the term "assault rifle" it's a dead giveaway that you know very little about this topic. Probably got your info from CNN where their 'expert' demonstrated how to use an ar in "full semi-automatic mode".

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
Because many on the left have an agenda of banning guns...It starts with one ban...victory..then moves from there..

Left does same thing with Abortion...We must allow disgusting "late term" abortions where the 7 month old  baby is kicking and screaming before being killed...

Why must we accept this barbaric practice? Because paranoid left feels if they give ANY concession on abortion, the right will see it as a victory and move from there to have all abortions banned

Typical domino effect theory on both sides....

No.  They do  not want to ban "guns".  They want to ban specific guns that serve no civilian purpose.  Men don't hunt with an AR15 or AK47.  If they do, they are neither men nor hunters.  I've never seen deer traveling through the woods in armor personnel carriers.  You don't need a super clip to defend your home.  Hell if someone breaks in my home, I am grabbing the Mossberg first.  I'll save my FN P90 for the zombies.  The very fact these guns are considered ASSAULT rifles is an indicator of their use.

And Repubs shouldn't complain about abortion as long as they don't want to give the baby healthcare, rights, and any assistance needed to ensure a somewhat decent chance at having an upbringing that won't result in future criminals or welfare addicts.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »

And Repubs shouldn't complain about abortion as long as they don't want to give the baby healthcare, rights, and any assistance needed to ensure a somewhat decent chance at having an upbringing that won't result in future criminals or welfare addicts.
Republicans want to give them the right to live.

And I have the right to drive a car that can go 160 mph...But its illegal, reckless and dangerous to drive at that speed....still my right to own it..speeding kills more people than all mass shootings together..we could make cars that cant go past 65....its called personal responsibility..not government control

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »
Abortion is called Personal Choice.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »
Why does gun control opponents always turn the argument into "you want to take our guns".

No one talks about coming to your home and seizing your guns.  The talks always seem to be about regulating assault rifles. 

Whiners gonna whine I suppose.

Yeah where would anyone get that silly idea from  ::)

New York Governor Cuomo

Prior to enacting his highly controversial SAFE ACT in New York State, Cuomo suggested that certain gun control policies would be explored.

“Confiscation could be an option,” Cuomo opined.  “Mandatory sale to the state could be an option.”

Michael Bloomberg’s Organization

Poughkeepsie mayor John Tkazyik wrote an op-ed in which he claims Michael Bloomberg’s gun control organization MAIG (Mayors Against Illegal Guns) “intended to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens.”

Tkazyik left the organization, saying “I don’t believe, never have believed, and never will believe that public safety is enhanced by encroaching on our right to bear arms, and I will not be a part of any organization that does.”

New Jersey Democrats

Following a Senate Budget Committee hearing, a hot-mic caught several New Jersey state senators disparaging gun owners.

“All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them,” one Senator said. “They don’t care about the bad guys.”

Another stated that the Senate “needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

Democrat Tom Abinanti

During debate of gun control measures, Democrat Tom Abinanti of the New York State Assembly angrily explained that he was “tired of hearing about legal, lawful gun owners” and suggested that future legislation could make “none of these guns at all” legal in the future.

He added that most gun owners should be content having “one gun with one bullet.”

This is the granddaddy of them all.

During debate of New York’s Second Amendment-infringing Safe Act legislation, Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin introduced a wish list for Senate Democrats that included plans to confiscate so-called “assault weapons,” confiscate ten-round clips, and set up a database for every gun in the state.

During the debate (seen below), one Democrat requested that McLaughlin not reveal the wish list as it could “dampen the enthusiasm of compromise.”

McLaughlin replied, “It absolutely has the ability to dampen a compromise” when we’re talking “about the confiscation” of guns.

Either you're willfully ignorant or not paying attention. There is a concerted effort to disarm Americans.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
Why is it Americans have obsessions with rights? Serious question....Any other country (non third world) that had this many shootings would happily ban assault rifles and whatever else- gun nuts get all emotional and tell themselves guns aren’t the problem?.........Not sure if they’re delusional or just don’t want to lose their automatic guns

Fixed that for you. And why is it non-Americans have obsessions with Americans and their guns? Because American guns bailed a LOT of Europeans out of deep fucking water not to long ago , how soon we forget.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2018, 01:46:00 PM »
A 7 month kicking in the womb? Its a little human...Can't just stop that? 8 months?

Just as inflexible as the gun guys...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »

Guns are like abortions , don't want one , don't get one , But fuck you to tell anyone what they can and can't do.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
No.  They do  not want to ban "guns".  They want to ban specific guns that serve no civilian purpose.  Men don't hunt with an AR15 or AK47.  If they do, they are neither men nor hunters.  I've never seen deer traveling through the woods in armor personnel carriers.  You don't need a super clip to defend your home.  Hell if someone breaks in my home, I am grabbing the Mossberg first.  I'll save my FN P90 for the zombies.  The very fact these guns are considered ASSAULT rifles is an indicator of their use.

An assault rifle is a rapid fire rifle- like a machine gun.  They are used by the military, SWAT, etc.  The term assault WEAPON was coined and propagated by politicians and the media.  It's just a rifle that looks really mean (or cool, depending on your perspective).

I can't recall the last time a gunman used a fully automatic weapons for a mass shooting (on campus or otherwise), but I do recall the North Hollywood bank robbers using them in 1997.

The worst on-campus shooting was at Virginia Tech in 2007.  The shooter used handguns to slaughter 32 and shoot another 17.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »
Ok gun experts. Who's the manufacturer and what's the model of the AR-15 pictured above?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2018, 02:49:46 PM »
Ok gun experts. Who's the manufacturer and what's the model of the AR-15 pictured above?

Looks like a Stag Model 8

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2018, 04:53:27 PM »
It amuses me when people who obviously don't know much about guns start talking about gun-related issues.

The don't know what they don't know...thus, they have no idea that they just made fools of themselves and some of us can tell they are talking out their ass.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2018, 05:05:15 PM »

while all killing is a personal choice... self defense is not the same as brutally murdering a defenseless little baby

sane men on this forum..... at risk of beating a dead horse, I again offer the fact that left people are not capable of logic... they are - by their very nature – opposed to reality.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
Abortion isn't a hill I'm willing to die on but I think people have bullshitted themselves into thinking that it isn't murder because the kid isn't looking into their eyes and talking to them.  Yet.

Abortion goes like this.  A person is alive........then you do something to them.........and then they aren't alive anymore.

I guess that kid in Florida the other day was just performing some late stage abortions with an AR-15.  I suppose we should respect his personal choice and stop making a big deal out of it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »
Abortion isn't a hill I'm willing to die on but I think people have bullshitted themselves into thinking that it isn't murder because the kid isn't looking into their eyes and talking to them.  Yet.

Abortion goes like this.  A person is alive........then you do something to them.........and then they aren't alive anymore.

I guess that kid in Florida the other day was just performing some late stage abortions with an AR-15.  I suppose we should respect his personal choice and stop making a big deal out of it.

Hard to argue with that.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2018, 06:11:30 PM »
Why don't we just give guns to the fetuses and let them straighten things out.  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »

So much wrong in this post.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
So much wrong in this post.

I noticed that too but figured what the point of mentioning.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »
I'm not quite sure where anyone said all guns were going to be taken away from anyone.  Bunch of redneck idiots need to learn how to read.  They're talking about ASSAULT WEAPONS.  Nobody said shit about abolishing the 2nd amendment. Paranoid idiots need to get over the thought of someone knocking on your door and taking away all your guns.  My God, don't take that AR-15 as its the most prized possession some people own.  Get a life.  Nobody needs a friggin assault weapon.  Only a fuckin idiot would think an AR-15 is needed for self defense, or home protection.  Try a shotgun with a short barrel. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2018, 08:34:22 PM »
Abortion isn't a hill I'm willing to die on but I think people have bullshitted themselves into thinking that it isn't murder because the kid isn't looking into their eyes and talking to them.  Yet.

Abortion goes like this.  A person is alive........then you do something to them.........and then they aren't alive anymore.

I guess that kid in Florida the other day was just performing some late stage abortions with an AR-15.  I suppose we should respect his personal choice and stop making a big deal out of it.

It is highly arguable. There is the parasite argument etc. But for me.. being a realist, and I don't harbor any ill feelings for anyone who thinks differently, if someone doesn't want their fetus to survive, I'm ok with that. Given the state of the foster system and what children of   orphanages go through, hell even what children of 3rd world countries endure, I'm not about to tell any woman they have to have that baby unless I personally am willing to take that baby on  

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
I'm not quite sure where anyone said all guns were going to be taken away from anyone.  Bunch of redneck idiots need to learn how to read.  They're talking about ASSAULT WEAPONS.  Nobody said shit about abolishing the 2nd amendment. Paranoid idiots need to get over the thought of someone knocking on your door and taking away all your guns.  My God, don't take that AR-15 as its the most prized possession some people own.  Get a life.  Nobody needs a friggin assault weapon.  Only a fuckin idiot would think an AR-15 is needed for self defense, or home protection.  Try a shotgun with a short barrel. 

The term assault WEAPON was coined and propagated by politicians and the media.  It's just a rifle that looks really mean (or cool, depending on your perspective).  (Where have I heard this...?)

The worst on-campus shooting was at Virginia Tech in 2007.  The shooter used two handguns to slaughter 32 and shoot another 17.  His handguns functioned the same as your ASSAULT WEAPONS - semiautomatic. 

A shotgun?  One or two shots and you're unarmed.  Joe Biden likes your suggestion, though.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2018, 08:51:33 PM »
Another dumb post
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2018, 08:54:58 PM »

good post

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »

Solid.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »
Solid.

You must be a reasonable human being