Author Topic: Krav Maga  (Read 4805 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Krav Maga
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 03:42:26 PM »

Not really life or death , but a drunken soldier from a nearby military base mistook my house for someone else's and tried to break in. It actually felt really fantastic to body slam him several times and then sit on him till the cops came - I'm 50 and it's been a really long time since the adrenaline high you get from that sort of thing. In truth I'm an OK grappler and powerlifting definitely gives me some advantage over regular dudes - but the kid was drunk so..........meh.

I bet that felt great to do.Someone breaks in situation is great cause you can fuck some shit up protecting your domain.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »
to avoid break ins, always leave the door unlocked

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 03:47:14 PM »
to avoid break ins, always leave the door unlocked

You are pretty comical

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »
Guy told me that who won the Krav sparring came down to who had other training.  Boxers won with boxing, grapplers won with locks and chokes.  

If you find yourself in an actual fight that you can't disengage from then it's 99% likely that you volunteered for it even if you didn't precipitate it.  So for training just choose something you actually enjoy, which you can practice without risk of lasting injury, and which surrounds you with cool people.  In my limited experience BJJ guys are really cool and into sharing what they know.  Who cares if it's not the last word in practical fighting effectiveness.  It's fun, effective enough if it had to be, and you're not getting your brain sloshed around.  Any martial art is basically a fitness hobby anyway unless you're a pro fighter, soldier, cop, or an idiot who invites trouble instead of walking away from it.  

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 06:24:16 PM »
The obvious problem is that every douche thinks their fighting system is the best.

It usually comes down to the individual.

Things like personal skill, guts and pain tolerance.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »
The obvious problem is that every douche thinks their fighting system is the best.

It usually comes down to the individual.

Things like personal skill, guts and pain tolerance.

Exactly

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »
My buddy is a hardcore SAMBO guy and a complete badass. Watched him manhandle three Chechens at once during a bar scuffle on night when I was living in Odessa.
Anyway, he sparred with an Israeli dude that trained in Krav Maga and it was a draw really.
KM is great stuff when you need to get out of a situation fast or end your opponent lethally.
The main deal with KM schools in the US is that most don’t allow sparring. This is a red flag!
Also, some are really sketchy when it comes to tracing the schools links back to actual KM masters in Israel.
A good KM school allows sparring and can prove lineage.

Looooooooool

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »
Honestly I love to fight and look for any chance I can get to brawl.Last good street fight was prob 4 years ago,been in a few fights since but not all out craziness.most people I know don’t hang with me because they know I need excitement and know I’m up for anything at anytime.

Not the toughest but I don’t give a fuck either way and I can take a hell of a beating.
I don't understand this mentality. I am not saying it's good or bad, I just don't understand it. I have literally seen a dozen people who's lives were changed due to an altercation over nothing. A bad fall, hitting the curb at that wrong angle, taking a blow and falling back on the sidewalk and into a coma. Loss of use of limbs.. over someones perceived insult. We all think we will just fight it out and walk away and many times that happens but there are times when the unexpected happens and that can be your next fight. When I worked the streets, I almost always felt if I had to resort to physical means, I dropped the ball on deescalating the situation. I would much rather talk through a confrontation than get into a physical fight because you never know if some weird thing will happen you least expect.   

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »
I can beat you all up

be back

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2018, 01:06:48 AM »
at least you then know how to defend yourself in prison

the best way to defend yourself in prison is to have Flex magazine delivered which would demonstrate to the other cons that you are an available "bottom" and to quote Tbombz, "let the good times roll"

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2018, 01:29:44 AM »
Some of you commenting here said Conor Mcgregor in his first boxing match was going to beat Floyd Mayweather the undefeated best boxer of the last 25 years, hence you re know nothing about combat sports and think you re tough cos you have tattoos. Go away

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 01:37:21 AM »
Some of you commenting here said Conor Mcgregor in his first boxing match was going to beat Floyd Mayweather the undefeated best boxer of the last 25 years, hence you re know nothing about combat sports and think you re tough cos you have tattoos. Go away

you cant compare fighting in the cage with fighting on the street, not to mention grappling in the bedroom

different things entirely

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 03:39:46 AM »
Stabler  >:(

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 04:10:10 AM »
I don't understand this mentality. I am not saying it's good or bad, I just don't understand it. I have literally seen a dozen people who's lives were changed due to an altercation over nothing. A bad fall, hitting the curb at that wrong angle, taking a blow and falling back on the sidewalk and into a coma. Loss of use of limbs.. over someones perceived insult. We all think we will just fight it out and walk away and many times that happens but there are times when the unexpected happens and that can be your next fight. When I worked the streets, I almost always felt if I had to resort to physical means, I dropped the ball on deescalating the situation. I would much rather talk through a confrontation than get into a physical fight because you never know if some weird thing will happen you least expect.   

sounds like you have the fear gene

be back

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 04:11:42 AM »
sounds like you have the fear gene
;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2018, 04:16:04 AM »
Michael 2nd to Nunn would fuck those turds up with just one super accurate lightening fast punch  8)

be back

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2018, 04:17:46 AM »
this is almost the last buzz of a dying fly, Im toast...

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2018, 05:01:41 AM »
Stabler  >:(

WHat happened to him? None of my old Slough contacts know. He seems to have vanished??!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2018, 05:14:32 AM »

Yet I am steadily gaining lean dry muscle tissue, how you making out?

And did you wifey enjoy the 5 Asian rice dicks pounding all her holes at once?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2018, 05:36:02 AM »

Anyone who thought Conor would beat Floyd must truly be stupid.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »
I got in really nasty tussel at a bonfire when I was in my early twenties it lasted a few minutes. Dude was a brown belt he tried to kick me in the knee like Jon Jones does. I took karate for several years and wrestled in highschool. I checked the leg kick and hit a power double. I ended up on top of him in full mount. He tried to scratch/poke my eyes out. I nearly bit two of his fingers off. Fight was done shortly after. I felt the fight come out of him when his fingers started to crunch. I made him quit.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2018, 06:40:40 AM »
I've read a few books by this dude Geoff Thompson. He was scared of confrontation so he became a door man in some really rough spots.

=26s

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2018, 06:51:59 AM »
I got in really nasty tussel at a bonfire when I was in my early twenties it lasted a few minutes. Dude was a brown belt he tried to kick me in the knee like Jon Jones does. I took karate for several years and wrestled in highschool. I checked the leg kick and hit a power double. I ended up on top of him in full mount. He tried to scratch/poke my eyes out. I nearly bit two of his fingers off. Fight was done shortly after. I felt the fight come out of him when his fingers started to crunch. I made him quit.

Exactly,just break,twist,bend or bite.whateverbis necessary to get out alive.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2018, 06:56:46 AM »
Exactly,just break,twist,bend or bite.whateverbis necessary to get out alive.

Can't do that if a skilled striker lands a clean shot on your jaw or temple

be back

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »
best defence is sprinting....