Author Topic: How Arnold really brought up his calves?  (Read 18081 times)

basil

• Getbig IV
Re: How Arnold really brought up his calves?
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2020, 10:36:58 PM »
In an old Arnold classic video Arnold commented saying that to bring up weak calves do 25 sets per day

Just something I noticed  :D

In other words, stop being a pussy when attacking lagging body parts.  Weak genetics is no excuse.  All thing being equal, hard work trumps laziness 100% of the time.. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2020, 01:39:38 AM »
He probably didn't start at 13 though money is not an issue when it comes to gear. My brother had a weekly allowance of half a dollar and managed to score some dbol at 13 lol :D It's curious how some people have a need to invent these stories, even guys who provably knew Arnold. I remember an interview with Rick Wayne when I was starting out and I wasn't sure if he was building Arnold up or tearing him down. He said when not training Arnold was depressing to look at, he had this almost inverted chest but when he was on he was amazing  :D
But why make up this stuff about Arnold? Same with Marnul.
I wonder if Robbie's stories were true, how Arnold chanted "down with blacks!" :D
What about the story of Arnold saying he looked up to Hitler? :D

Money certainly was an issue with me and I wasn't poor. Forget about when I was a teenager when things were much more tight. I use to shoplift cans of Ravioli and powdered milk because I couldn't get enough to eat coming from a family of nine and I was always hungry and skinny as a rake. I use to hide my canned food in my closet and eat it in my room and made sure to throw out the trash outside in my neighbors bin so my parents wouldn't get suspicious. And I'm sure I was nowhere as poor as Arnold. So even if I had access to gear there was no way I could afford it. A bottle of Ciba dbol, 5mg/tab 100 tabs was $25 but Deca was $20 for a vial of Organon 200mg/vial. I was working entry-level jobs while putting myself through school and could barely support myself. I could occasionally afford Adrol as the Syntex brand at one tab a day really had an effect on me as no other compound. It cost $100 but it would last for 4-5 months if you cycle for 6 weeks and take 3-4 weeks off.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2020, 01:42:24 AM »
I don't believe the the implants story, that just seems like a game of telephone at this point.

I can totally believe steroids at 15, but not 13. Steroids were cheap, etc...., and we had kids recently that spent about the same on bottles of Superdrol, etc..... Also Marnul is 17 years older than Arnold, and his buddy Dr. Gerstl was 5 years older, and a medical student, so who knows if they were hooking him up a bit.

Also the bit about Arnold looking at natural at 15/16 is neither here, nor there. 99% of the guys from the 60's roided or natural looked like nothing compared to even teenagers today.

Here he is at 16 -

For that era, you can't say he is natural or not.

Agree with everything you wrote. Also, consider all the guys in the gyms today that use gear but don't even look like they train. You're right in that you really can tell one way or another in these pics and I'm sure his buddies hooked him up.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2020, 01:44:23 AM »

facetious
[fəˈsēSHəs]
ADJECTIVE
treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

You're attempts at humor really doesn't come across well in most of your posts.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:18 AM »
The inner head shows what could be evidence of site injection, due to the denseness of the calves the scar tissue can sometimes be kept under wraps better than other body parts, I'm not saying he did it, but the lumps are consistent with others i have seen, this isn't escicline it isn't synthol, most likely knowing what era it was it was primo depot. The benefits to this injection and result are the increased blood flow from the injection trauma, the mind muscle connection is so much better after going through this for individuals. I learned about this type of practice from Robby when in venice early 90s who's also from that era. Im not saying thats what he did, I'm just saying thats what he might have done, thees no way they are implants, and the method of stimulating calve growth from site injections works in some people, especially people with small knees and ankles as its more illusion than anything. The secret is not to over do it, which was lost on many black guys last decade or two, but its been around for decades and its no secret in venice and others mentioned in this thread have done it as well. Its not that easy to spot when guys haven't overdone it like nasser or flex did.

How come Robby didn't do site injects? His calves were worse than Arnold's when Arnold was 19 years old. As I mentioned before, it seems odd that only Arnold use all these techniques and procedures that only became well known in the 1990s and everybody else from his era were clueless.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2020, 05:39:24 AM »
Those weird lumps that Arnold had were there in the early days too. I put it down to normal physiology as opposed to any injects.
Here you can see that the calves came up about as much as the arms. Maybe others disagree but I think he just got bigger overall, the idea of him torturing his calves because they used to be nonexistent is just a myth.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »
The inner head shows what could be evidence of site injection, due to the denseness of the calves the scar tissue can sometimes be kept under wraps better than other body parts, I'm not saying he did it, but the lumps are consistent with others i have seen, this isn't escicline it isn't synthol, most likely knowing what era it was it was primo depot. The benefits to this injection and result are the increased blood flow from the injection trauma, the mind muscle connection is so much better after going through this for individuals. I learned about this type of practice from Robby when in venice early 90s who's also from that era. Im not saying thats what he did, I'm just saying thats what he might have done, thees no way they are implants, and the method of stimulating calve growth from site injections works in some people, especially people with small knees and ankles as its more illusion than anything. The secret is not to over do it, which was lost on many black guys last decade or two, but its been around for decades and its no secret in venice and others mentioned in this thread have done it as well. Its not that easy to spot when guys haven't overdone it like nasser or flex did.
They had site injections in the 60's and 70's?  I never heard of that until the 90's.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2020, 10:49:35 AM »
Those weird lumps that Arnold had were there in the early days too. I put it down to normal physiology as opposed to any injects.
Here you can see that the calves came up about as much as the arms. Maybe others disagree but I think he just got bigger overall, the idea of him torturing his calves because they used to be nonexistent is just a myth.

alot of people with developed calves have that

Mentzer did aswell

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »
They had site injections in the 60's and 70's?  I never heard of that until the 90's.

Only Arnold had access and knowledge to 1990s techniques and protocols. When people say that he was ahead of his time they were kidding.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2020, 12:48:43 PM »
Only Arnold had access and knowledge to 1990s techniques and protocols. When people say that he was ahead of his time they were kidding.
Yeah, Arnold must have truly been cutting edge. ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2020, 04:12:46 PM »
Robby did use the site injections, he just didn't have the cell base or the reaction that others got, I'm not saying arnold did to me he looked like a guy who had genetics and just didn't train them enough in his earlier days. But i have seen calves with with a lot of lower muscle belly inconsistency thats from site injections. I agree with you guys site injections started in the 90s to the best of my knowledge, my conversation with Robby was early 90s. But theres no doubt when not overdone they helped a lot of guys, before they all went overboard, Flex, Dexter, Ronnie. If i HAD to say Arnolds calves had help in the late 60s 70s i would lean towards site injects over any type of implant, my personal opinion that the guys a genetic freak and smart trainer who spent the majority of his training time working on his weak points over his genetics strength's

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
alot of people with developed calves have that

Mentzer did aswell

so does goodrum

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2020, 11:31:20 PM »
You're attempts at humor really doesn't come across well in most of your posts. :-X

the  comment was tongue in cheek but i really do find the pic hard to believe. ahead of his time

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2020, 11:32:46 PM »
In other words, stop being a pussy when attacking lagging body parts.  Weak genetics is no excuse.  All thing being equal, hard work trumps laziness 100% of the time..

hard work but poor genetics beats hard work none of the time

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2020, 11:36:50 PM »
Crazy genetics

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2020, 06:24:04 AM »
If Arnold had good genetics for big calves it would have been obvious from an early age   15-16...It wasn't.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2020, 08:28:27 AM »
If Arnold had good genetics for big calves it would have been obvious from an early age   15-16...It wasn't.
Absolute retard argument.

Tom Platz legs looked like nothing at that age. Yet he produced the best legs in the world, ever.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »
Absolute retard argument.

Tom Platz legs looked like nothing at that age. Yet he produced the best legs in the world, ever.

^THIS^

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »
Arnold had the best calves, chest and biceps ever. Proof me wrong.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2020, 09:32:14 AM »

Look at him at 16 above, does the rest look like "good genetics"? I'm not saying it looks like "bad genetics", not at all, but I was saying everything grew pretty evenly in my opinion.

Bad calf genetics is when the belly is real short, there's absolutely nothing you can do in that case, but his were not real short.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »

Just so demonstrably wrong. Real world examples abound.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »
Just so demonstrably wrong. Real world examples abound.
You`d think a guy like him would know better than that.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2020, 04:07:15 PM »

For a guy that’s been around bbing as long as you have, you are a moron

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2020, 04:42:31 PM »
Arnold had the best calves

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2020, 04:52:58 AM »
  not only did arnold have the best genetics he also had the best mind and determination to achieve his goals. he was never handed anything in life . he worked hard ( something alot of americans know nothing about) and fulfilled his dreams. he said way back in 1976 what he was gonna do in life and he did it. every single thing!!  i really believe he has such determination that if he was born without an arm he would of forced his body to grow one.   all this talk about arnold against yates against haney against modern guys etc .  i will tell you what. arnold would destroy them all in every era IF he was actually in his prime age during that era . he would of done whatever it took to achieve his goals and he would of been far ahead of them just as he was during his prime time. comparing a 1970s arnold to a 2000 coleman or whatever is meaningless. besides  even a 1970s arnold destroys them all anyways due to the fact they are all bloated pieces of shit.