Author Topic: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers  (Read 8480 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2018, 11:29:11 AM »
Explain to us how this is a bad thing?

Still waiting for Strawman

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »
This is one of the classic divides between those on the Left and those on the Right. The role of government and income "distribution and equality." Trump calls for tax cuts yet cancels pay increases for Federal workers.

How could that be? He only cares about the "rich and corporations" and stiffs the Federal employees. What the Left fails to grasp is that a tax cut just means that the government is confiscating less of YOUR money. Money/wealth that you and businesses generate in the economy. I never understood why people on the Left feel it is better that the government take and spend money they take from the people than the people who actually have to earn it -- whether rich or poor.

With Federal workers that are on the government payroll, that's not their money. The Left again fail to realize that the government can't pay, or give, anybody anything because they have nothing to give. What they "give" to one group they take from another. The government, unlike private business, do not create wealth. They do not generate income. All their income comes in the form of taxes that they confiscate from private business and individuals. Government jobs does zero for the economy. If we all worked for the government then no one would get paid. There would be no private business generating income, and taxes, that the government can take to pay their workers.

Not only should Trump not give government employees a raise but should seek ways of getting rid of more government employees and agencies. Organizations like the Education Department,  The National Endowment of Arts, Department of Housing and Urban Development, National Endowment for Humanities... all the useless money pits that the government was never meant to be involved in.

Your post is sound in principle. If we lived in a country where money saved by the government was actually kept by the citizens no one could argue your post. But it's simply not the case. I will be the first to agree we need to go over every expenditure, including Federal Employees pay to determine if we are spending my money wisely. I suspect the system is ridiculous in it's waste. When I was in the military it wasn't uncommon during end of budget to be told to get rid of money still left in the budget, spend it on anything just to spend it, so we can get as much next year. Being frugal was counterproductive. But the fact is, any money saved by Trump by not giving 2% (Inflation is at least that) will not be sent back to you or I. It will go towards some other project, or wasted elsewhere. We need to fix it at both ends

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
Your post is sound in principle. If we lived in a country where money saved by the government was actually kept by the citizens no one could argue your post. But it's simply not the case. I will be the first to agree we need to go over every expenditure, including Federal Employees pay to determine if we are spending my money wisely. I suspect the system is ridiculous in it's waste. When I was in the military it wasn't uncommon during end of budget to be told to get rid of money still left in the budget, spend it on anything just to spend it, so we can get as much next year. Being frugal was counterproductive. But the fact is, any money saved by Trump by not giving 2% (Inflation is at least that) will not be sent back to you or I. It will go towards some other project, or wasted elsewhere. We need to fix it at both ends

Again, a difference in perspective. You do not save money by not redistributing it. With government, it's a zero-sum game. If the government wants to take funds from other "wasted projects" to pay for the wage increases, fine. But that's not what happens. Those raises will be paid by increased government expenditures. Expenditures paid for by taxes.

It's just like when the Democrats accuse Republicans of slashing and cutting "necessary" programs when in fact they are just decreasing the rate of increase. They're still confiscating our money, but the Republicans just want to confiscate less. Taking less is not same as cutting spending.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2018, 01:42:37 AM »
I can think of one in particular that should definitely quit

Interesting how nobody bothered to comment on the that joint training with South Korea is too expensive meanwhile Russia and China are doing the largest joint military training ever

When north Korea was developing its arsenal..why didn't Obama care? Anyways I'm glad you pointed out CHINA and RUSSIA..least TRUMP is putting money into the military....what did OBOMA do? Besides drones and got walked all over like a human door mat?(even though we are the most powerful country In the world, embarrassing)

What your saying about China and Russia is pro-military...thats odd because most liberals are totally opposite.
real men= no rubbers

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2018, 08:07:38 AM »
When north Korea was developing its arsenal..why didn't Obama care? Anyways I'm glad you pointed out CHINA and RUSSIA..least TRUMP is putting money into the military....what did OBOMA do? Besides drones and got walked all over like a human door mat?(even though we are the most powerful country In the world, embarrassing)

What your saying about China and Russia is pro-military...thats odd because most liberals are totally opposite.
Gave Iran a pallet of cash.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
Gave Iran a pallet of  their cash.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 09:32:45 AM »
Still waiting for Strawman

Nothing bad about claiming the economy is so weak that he has to cancel a tiny pay increase for federal employees

Trump spent the weekend "studying" the issue (I know, seems bizarre that he would spend any time studying, much less on a weekend) so maybe when he gets back to work on Monday he'll announce he's rescinding the tax give away to corporations due to the weak economy and the need to have a balanced budget.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2018, 11:16:54 AM »
Nothing bad about claiming the economy is so weak that he has to cancel a tiny pay increase for federal employees

Trump spent the weekend "studying" the issue (I know, seems bizarre that he would spend any time studying, much less on a weekend) so maybe when he gets back to work on Monday he'll announce he's rescinding the tax give away to corporations due to the weak economy and the need to have a balanced budget.

weak compared to what other country/countries?
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »
weak compared to what other country/countries?

you have to admit that we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »
you have to admit that we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country

Well, since I HAVE to...  ::)

That being said, there isn't another country on this globe I'd rather be
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »

People don't use paper mail anymore. The USPS is in large part a govt subsidy for Amazon deliveries at this point.

Why then, do I get mail pretty much every day?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »
Well, since I HAVE to..::)

That being said, there isn't another country on this globe I'd rather be

seriously man

you can't see that?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »
seriously man

you can't see that?

can you please tell me how our "Economy is so weak"? Compared to what?

You can also tell us your "solutions" to the weak economy while you are at it... I won't hold my breath though.
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »
can you please tell me how our "Economy is so weak"? Compared to what?

You can also tell us your "solutions" to the weak economy while you are at it... I won't hold my breath though.

All I'm saying is that we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country

everyone agrees with that

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
Recently read that although the economy is good and wages have somewhat increased, so have the cost of goods and services, which pretty much cancels any benefit for the average Joe. It also means federal employees are getting screwed.

Being retired puts changes the formula somewhat. My guaranteed annuities, increase every August. Whether it's a big enough "raise" to cover the rising cost of goods and services is difficult to predict. My expenses outside of the necessary ones are almost non-existent and definitely under my control.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
All I'm saying is that we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country

ignoring all questions and spouting off opinion as fact. pussy

a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »
ignoring all questions and spouting off opinion as fact. pussy

you don't agree that the general welfare of our country is currently being affected by serious economic conditions?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »
you don't agree that the general welfare of our country is currently being affected by serious economic conditions?

pussy
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 03:44:37 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »

You’re saying the economy is weak?!lol

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2018, 03:47:02 PM »

;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2018, 03:49:07 PM »
You’re saying the economy is weak?!lol

I'm saying that the general welfare of our country is currently being affected by serious economic conditions

does that sound like I'm calling it weak?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2018, 04:01:23 PM »
I'm saying that the general welfare of our country is currently being affected by serious economic conditions

does that sound like I'm calling it weak?

It sounds like you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Do you actually think by Trump not giving automatic pay raises is a sign of a weak economy? Define “serious economic conditions”

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
It sounds like you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Do you actually think by Trump not giving automatic pay raises is a sign of a weak economy? Define “serious economic conditions”

Isn't it obvious what it means?