Author Topic: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers  (Read 8392 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2018, 10:00:12 AM »
What would you propose for someone doing 50mph in a 30 mph residential area?

If they didnt cause an accident or cause damage to property - who cares? 

Again - its all wasted $$$ to pay for govt employees who twiddle their thumbs and need to justify their existence.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
If they didnt cause an accident or cause damage to property - who cares? 

Again - its all wasted $$$ to pay for govt employees who twiddle their thumbs and need to justify their existence.   

ok

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
How has it been a problem? Your retirement plummet? Has anyone you know lost money or their job as a result of Trump running the country? When you claim so, please provide an example. ;)

Although my son hasn't lost wages or his job as a civilian working for the Department of Defense, federal employees not getting wage increases isn't a good deal for him. Incidentally, his current job follows a successful 22 year career in the army. Two more years and he'll have earned a second retirement. Let's hope government retirement doesn't plummet. Thirty plus years defending our freedom is worthy of a decent and reliable retirement income.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2018, 11:58:55 AM »
Although my son hasn't lost wages or his job as a civilian working for the Department of Defense, federal employees not getting wage increases isn't a good deal for him. Incidentally, his current job follows a successful 22 year career in the army. Two more years and he'll have earned a second retirement. Let's hope government retirement doesn't plummet. Thirty plus years defending our freedom is worthy of a decent and reliable retirement income.

The years he stayed employed while people in private sector people lost jobs make up for that. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
Taxes and fines and penalties of the like are theft in order to pay the parasites on the govt payroll. 

Your thinking is surprisingly simplistic and shortsighted. If someone runs a red light and maims or kills you, should they not be fined. Do you not drive on public roads? How do you feel about the military defending the freedoms you enjoy everyday of your life? All these things and more are paid for with tax dollars.

If there is a country that doesn't have taxes, fines and penalties, you should definitely move there. You're not happy or needed in the U.S.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
Your thinking is surprisingly simplistic and shortsighted. If someone runs a red light and maims or kills you, should they not be fined. Do you not drive on public roads? How do you feel about the military defending the freedoms you enjoy everyday of your life? All these things and more are paid for with tax dollars.

If there is a country that doesn't have taxes, fines and penalties, you should definitely move there. You're not happy or needed in the U.S.

The functions of the govt should be minimal and as least necessary to provide basic order and defense.  What we have now is an orgy of govt bloate waste and abuse

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2018, 12:17:25 PM »
The years he stayed employed while people in private sector people lost jobs make up for that.

Really? Your remarks get dumber and more ridiculous with each of your posts.

Why do you think people like my son stay employed? Could it be because their skills and dedication are highly valued?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2018, 12:21:27 PM »
The functions of the govt should be minimal and as least necessary to provide basic order and defense.  What we have now is an orgy of govt bloate waste and abuse

If you truly believe what you claim, what are you doing to change these things?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
If you truly believe what you claim, what are you doing to change these things?

Taking every possible legal deduction as possible to starve the beast from $$$$$

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2018, 12:37:28 PM »
Taking every possible legal deduction as possible to starve the beast from $$$$$

Doesn't everyone do this?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »
Doesn't everyone do this?

Those who work - most liberal people are on the govt tit and dont pay anything. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »
First of all, shut up already about the CEO laughing. It's a meaningless point. How old are you anyway?

Yes, companies create jobs when their company grows. It grows because of the demand for their goods and services increases. But that's because they increase profits with increasing demand. You make more when you sell more. A company can expand when they have more money to expand and pay for additional employees. Isn't that obvious? It's not the demand per se that creates job expansion, it is the increase in profits as a RESULT of increasing demand that allows a company to expand.  So when you let them keep more of their money they have more money to invest.

Again, why do you think that the government that takes money from corporations can spend money better than the corporations that had to actually earn it? Company profits are used to pay employees, hire more employees, and expand their business. So much of government spending is lost in the giant black hole of government bureaucracy.

Ah, you don't like it

tough shit

It speaks directly the the main LIE that Republicans used to sell their tax cut

If you want to believe the lie that's fine but I'm not going to stop pointing out it's a lie

You know who else thinks it's a lie, David Stockman - Reagans old budget director and former purveyor or the supply side economic lie

To his credit he realized it was bullshit and has no problem saying so

Of course, this thread is not about that Republican lie but about Trump lie that he can't give Federal workers a measly 2% raise because "we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country"

He never bothered to cite those serious concerns and Trumptards on this board have no idea what he is referring to either

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »
Nubainian, puhleeeeze...The only joint thing cucktards want is to do is smoke one.

WTF are you talking about

You don't think we need to do joint military training with South Korea, if for no other reason that a show of force for NK and China

We've done it for years until the retard in the White House gave it away for nothing (without even bothering to consult our military leaders)

This is the same moron who wants a military parade

The things you Trumptard think are important are just f'ng weird

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2018, 04:52:17 PM »
WTF are you talking about

You don't think we need to do joint military training with South Korea, if for no other reason that a show of force for NK and China

We've done it for years until the retard in the White House gave it away for nothing (without even bothering to consult our military leaders)

This is the same moron who wants a military parade

The things you Trumptard think are important are just f'ng weird

You have no clue what the US is doing or not doing with or without South Korea.  For that matter, neither do I, but at least I am not a spineless cucktard such as you apparently are.  Pathetic imitation of life cucktard to be exact.  What I don't think is important is saving idiots such as yourself.  You're not worth the life of a single member of our military or our first responders. 

You only know what you're told.  Here.  Allow me...Go fuck your mother.  Again. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2018, 05:00:32 PM »
You have no clue what the US is doing or not doing with or without South Korea.  For that matter, neither do I, but at least I am not a spineless cucktard such as you apparently are.  Pathetic imitation of life cucktard to be exact.  What I don't think is important is saving idiots such as yourself.  You're not worth the life of a single member of our military or our first responders. 

yep, it's pretty obvious you have no clue and still just as much of a whining bitch as always.

the hair trigger temper out of no where is pretty impressive. Same goes for bringing up my mother.

Very weird response

Also pretty obvious you're a truly miserable person. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2018, 05:36:25 PM »
Those who work - most liberal people are on the govt tit and dont pay anything. 

When I was on the Govt tit, I was paying $30K a year in taxes. I think you are gravely mistaken in your information

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »

you do tend to get pretty vulgar with the fuck the mother stuff. Is it really necessary in an adult setting?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »
So we don't lose sight of the debate here.. Your position now is that any law that has a ticket as enforcement is due to raising revenue vs gaining compliance with the law via penalties. In your examples, only one fits that criteria. Speed Traps. The speed trap is generally set up in a transition zone from a higher speed to a lower speed and police target cars intentionally in those zones in order to give tickets out, without regard for whether it was safe or not. That is clearly revenue based. Enforcing traffic laws on the other hand is typically compliance based. Police don't make the laws, it's not up to them if there is a seatbelt law. It is up to them to enforce them when the opportunity presents itself. There is no "business" to it. And before you jump in with the "but there was this one time, at band camp" story, yes I'm sure there have been abuses by departments, but overall, police aren't enforcing laws to raise money. They just don't care about that part of it.   
Police don't make the laws but they get to choose which ones they enforce.

In bold, we'll simply disagree on this one. I feel most tickets are petty bullshit that cops feel the need to do so they can justify driving around all day doing nothing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »
yep, it's pretty obvious you have no clue and still just as much of a whining bitch as always.

the hair trigger temper out of no where is pretty impressive. Same goes for bringing up my mother.

Very weird response

Also pretty obvious you're a truly miserable person. 

I do so hope you've taken precautions to ensure you're not passing on those extra chromosomes.  I am the same in the real world as I am here because I no longer give a fuck about fuckwits such as yourself.  I've been where you're going but have returned you sad, feeble, pathetic little manlet. 

I bet you're a ginger midget.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2018, 07:27:04 PM »
you do tend to get pretty vulgar with the fuck the mother stuff. Is it really necessary in an adult setting?

I simply speak their language, vulgarities and all  and they?  They decry it because it singes their flaccid egos (collectively and individually).  They so enjoy picking on those who by being descent, will not linguistically defend themselves.  I have watched them belittle others who are too polite to strike back.  Me?   I don't give an intercourse about their fetid feelings. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2018, 07:34:07 PM »
I do so hope you've taken precautions to ensure you're not passing on those extra chromosomes.  I am the same in the real world as I am here because I no longer give a fuck about fuckwits such as yourself.  I've been where you're going but have returned you sad, feeble, pathetic little manlet. 

I bet you're a ginger midget.

LOL - pretty obvious from your posts that you don't give a fuck

that's why you've invested so much time posting and going off the rails on a mundane topic to personally attack me and make vile statements about my mother

It's pretty obvious you're a miserable person

That's OK, even though I'm not a christian I can still forgive you

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
LOL - pretty obvious from your posts that you don't give a fuck

that's why you've invested so much time posting and going off the rails on a mundane topic to personally attack me and make vile statements about my mother

It's pretty obvious you're a miserable person

That's OK, even though I'm not a christian I can still forgive you

"So much time"...Highlarious indeed. What would take you hours, if not days to compose takes minutes for me. Sometimes even seconds.  Speaking of "seconds", Oedipus...

What was it John used to say in person to those he found most vile?  Oh yes..."Run along now, boy.  I think I hear your mother calling you.  For seconds."

It's quite evident that you've been bested again, Pugsley.  God doesnt exist, so fuck whatever it is you worship, including your mother.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2018, 07:54:13 PM »
Police don't make the laws but they get to choose which ones they enforce.

In bold, we'll simply disagree on this one. I feel most tickets are petty bullshit that cops feel the need to do so they can justify driving around all day doing nothing.

I will agree with you that we can disagree on this. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2018, 08:18:16 PM »
"So much time"...Highlarious indeed. What would take you hours, if not days to compose takes minutes for me. Sometimes even seconds.  Speaking of "seconds", Oedipus...

What was it John used to say in person to those he found most vile?  Oh yes..."Run along now, boy.  I think I hear your mother calling you.  For seconds."

It's quite evident that you've been bested again, Pugsley.  God doesnt exist, so fuck whatever it is you worship, including your mother.

LOL - run along?

I started this thread dipshit

you're the clearly miserable person who chose to show up and decided it was appropriate (out of nowhere) to tell me to go fuck my mother

What happened in your life to make you such a miserable person

I know you used to be fundie and now you're an atheist (something you chose to share)

Is that why you're always so miserable.  Just filled with hate that you feel the need to share with everyone?

What did you sky god to make you reject him and turn you into a truly miserable human being?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »
I missed it. Is it still because of a “weak” economy?