Author Topic: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers  (Read 8351 times)

Kwon3

Re: Trump cancels planned January pay increase for civilian federal workers
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »
State and Federal workers are, with very few exceptions, superfluous overheads on the nation's budget. Their jobs could be done by the private sector for much cheaper and faster results. Exceptions would be the state department, ambassadorships to the UN, White House staff, and of course the brigands in Congress. Otherwise, every government agency - from the U.S. mint to the agency that handles education to the ones that oversees rail, air, and land transport, and so on - could be done privately.

The military already got promised a pay bump and will get it. This "raise" goes counter to the principles of the free market, where you only get paid more if you deserve more or get a promotion. There's countless thousands of desk-bound, mouse-clicking bureaucrats that get six figures or close to basically do nothing essential for the country. If ever this President gets supra-constitutional powers after some national emergency, I hope his first decision is to dissolve almost every government job in existence. The budget deficits will evaporate overnight.  ;)

Kwon3

« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2018, 03:01:30 AM »
and...economic conditions will not change a thing for the majority of the homeless.

Hawaii has a huge homeless problem but unemployment is at it's all-time lowest. I see and interact with the homeless every day. Every damn day. Every single one I see are drunks, drug addicts, and/or mentally ill. They couldn't hold down a job, nor would they want one, so it wouldn't matter if the economy was booming and the minimum wage was $20/hr.

There was never a problem at this level when I was a kid growing up in Hawaii. But then we had something called Sanitoriums. All the drug addicts, mentally ill and drunks were taken off the streets and treated in these facilities. But the ACLU got rid of that. They said it was illegal to confine them to a facility against their will when they committed no crime. But back then, disturbing the peace, loitering, sleeping on bus benches, crapping and urinating in public, and other quality of life issues that effected decent tax paying citizen was a crime.

Another great victory for the ACLU.
All perfectly true and accurate.

For instance, in this ongoing story a couple helped some hobo out by putting his story out on social media after he gave them a $20 bill he had to refuel their vehicle. They even set up a gofundme page to help him out and get him back on his feet. Sure enough, the gullible fuckheads in society dumped money into his fund to the tune of over $400,000 USD, which was to be administered by the people that set it up originally. They gave the bum $75,000 up front and promised him more of the rest over time if he quit using drugs and got a job, as well as letting him live on their property. No sooner does he get the money than he blows it on an RV, a new SUV, money for friends, and drugs (and has since lost the vehicles and remaining money). They kicked him off their property. Now he's been dragging them to court for the rest of the money and has three liberal lawyers representing him.

The homeless don't know what do with money if ever they get their hands on it. I must've come across at least 15 of them in my life that I asked if they wanted a job, since such and such place was hiring, and all of them declined and said they didn't want rules, a boss, having to get up at specific hours or stick to a schedule because it bored them. Yet they lived in absolute filth and complained about how unfair life was. These are the people coddled by San Francisco and other liberal cities into having outdoor syringe exchange and drug-ingestion sites, are passed out in the transit system's corridors and stairwells on drugs, and take dumps in public places or come in and out of coffee shops and irritate the patrons by yelling random things out to themselves and smelling like the garbage they sleep in.

These people are beyond help and don't want it, either. They deserve NO sympathy whatsoever. Yes, anyone can technically end up homeless temporarily if they fall behind on rent and lose a job, but there's short-term shelters and temporary staffing agencies for such people if they want to quickly turn things around and get back to normal. These guys have zero interest, much like people abusing the disability system when they're not disabled or living off welfare and food stamps because they just don't feel like working.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/05/400g-in-gofundme-cash-for-homeless-vet-is-gone-lawyer-claims.html

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2018, 04:16:34 AM »
Ah, you don't like it

tough shit

It speaks directly the the main LIE that Republicans used to sell their tax cut

If you want to believe the lie that's fine but I'm not going to stop pointing out it's a lie

You know who else thinks it's a lie, David Stockman - Reagans old budget director and former purveyor or the supply side economic lie

To his credit he realized it was bullshit and has no problem saying so

Of course, this thread is not about that Republican lie but about Trump lie that he can't give Federal workers a measly 2% raise because "we're dealing with serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare of our country"

He never bothered to cite those serious concerns and Trumptards on this board have no idea what he is referring to either

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it is arguing against the point you are trying to make making you sound stupid and uninformed. He's laughing at the idea that tax increases, more money to the government, is going to help the economy (increase revenue, create jobs). Money to the government is the most inefficient use of wealth. Money going to the government disappears in the huge black hole of bureaucracy. It is true that after the Reagan tax cuts the deficits continued to increase. But that was not due to the tax cuts per se. After cutting taxes government revenue INCREASED! But government spending increased even more.

If you can put your Leftist brainwashed ideology aside for a minute, just ask yourself this question and answer it honestly:

Is the government in debt because they don't take enough of our money or are they in debt because they spend too much?

I'll ask you again, and if you don't want to answer that's fine, I'm just curious: How old are you?

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2018, 11:12:18 PM »
As long as shitholes like Poorland and San Fagsisco keep encouraging drug addicts and the mentally ill to congregate in those areas without fear of punishment for their wrong doings, you will continue to see almost daily specials on "homelessness"

"We are the Victim, not  you"  sounds like a philosophy shared by a certain political party.. where as "other" party members are LEADERS and dig out of the dirt and make themselves normal/successful.. I'm one of them :) i never give/gave up! i have no sympathy for anyone... from what i had to deal with in life.. I've succeeded... not rich but decent living.. that's why i feel ZERO sorrow for VICTIMS.
real men= no rubbers

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »
It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it is arguing against the point you are trying to make making you sound stupid and uninformed. He's laughing at the idea that tax increases, more money to the government, is going to help the economy (increase revenue, create jobs). Money to the government is the most inefficient use of wealth. Money going to the government disappears in the huge black hole of bureaucracy. It is true that after the Reagan tax cuts the deficits continued to increase. But that was not due to the tax cuts per se. After cutting taxes government revenue INCREASED! But government spending increased even more.

If you can put your Leftist brainwashed ideology aside for a minute, just ask yourself this question and answer it honestly:

Is the government in debt because they don't take enough of our money or are they in debt because they spend too much?

I'll ask you again, and if you don't want to answer that's fine, I'm just curious: How old are you?

Crickets

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2018, 04:18:47 PM »
Those who work - some people are on the govt tit and dont pay anything.