Author Topic: Actor Neal McDonough says he lost a job because he refused to do a sex scene  (Read 9524 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

“I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

“When [creator] Marc Cherry signed me, I said, ‘I’m sure you know, but I won’t kiss anybody,'” McDonough recalled. “He was like, ‘But this is Desperate Housewives!’ I said, ‘I know.’ He paused for about five seconds and said, ‘All right, I’m just going to have to write better.’

The father of five was then asked whether he was surprised when his stance on sex scenes got him “fired from Scoundrels,” which aired on ABC from June to August 2010 before it was canceled. McDonough had been cast on the show but was replaced by another actor after three days, reportedly because he wouldn’t film sex scenes with the show’s star, Virginia Madsen. At the time, the network chalked it up to a simple casting change. ABC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“I was [surprised], and it was a horrible situation for me,” McDonough said. “After that, I couldn’t get a job because everybody thought I was this religious zealot. I am very religious. I put God and family first and me second. That’s what I live by. It was hard for a few years. Then [Band of Brothers producer] Graham Yost called me and said, ‘Hey, I want you to be the bad guy on Justified. I knew that was my shot back at the title.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/actor-neal-mcdonough-says-lost-job-refused-sex-scene-hard-years-230129301.html

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
youre starting to sound like pellius

thats not a good thing.

Not really.  Not only am I much older than him but sadly, I am probably smarter.   ;D ;) Nah.  He's okay in some ways but then that's true of nearly all of us.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
there's no question who wears the pants in McDonough house.

that little shit is totally dominated by that giant woman.

the little PRIMADONNA signs up for desperate housewives but cant play along with the others or the vibe of the whole show, no he wants SPECIAL RULES just for him - no kissing! thats like signing up for baywatch and refuse to go into the water!

we should all be laughing at this little midget of a man, instead half getbig stands up and applauds him!

incredible. just incredible.

No doubt.  He's not a 'man of principle.'  He just doesn't want her to reenact the Predator/Arnie scene when the alien lifts him up by the throat and inspects his lips.

The Scott

• Getbig V

You have your moments and that was well played sire, LOL!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

the little PRIMADONNA signs up for desperate housewives but cant play along with the others or the vibe of the whole show, no he wants SPECIAL RULES just for him - no kissing! thats like signing up for baywatch and refuse to go into the water!

we should all be laughing at this little midget of a man, instead half getbig stands up and applauds him!

He's not a tiny guy though, he is 6' so the girl must be quite big.

That guy with the Pezos though, he is a tiny guy at 171 cm.
Q

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
i make sure my morals goes along with my occupation before i pick it.

for example - it would be foolish, and not admirable, to become a soldier and then refuse to carry a rifle.

even though some would hold non violence as morally good.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

“I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

“When [creator] Marc Cherry signed me, I said, ‘I’m sure you know, but I won’t kiss anybody,'” McDonough recalled. “He was like, ‘But this is Desperate Housewives!’ I said, ‘I know.’ He paused for about five seconds and said, ‘All right, I’m just going to have to write better.’

The father of five was then asked whether he was surprised when his stance on sex scenes got him “fired from Scoundrels,” which aired on ABC from June to August 2010 before it was canceled. McDonough had been cast on the show but was replaced by another actor after three days, reportedly because he wouldn’t film sex scenes with the show’s star, Virginia Madsen. At the time, the network chalked it up to a simple casting change. ABC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“I was [surprised], and it was a horrible situation for me,” McDonough said. “After that, I couldn’t get a job because everybody thought I was this religious zealot. I am very religious. I put God and family first and me second. That’s what I live by. It was hard for a few years. Then [Band of Brothers producer] Graham Yost called me and said, ‘Hey, I want you to be the bad guy on Justified. I knew that was my shot back at the title.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/actor-neal-mcdonough-says-lost-job-refused-sex-scene-hard-years-230129301.html

Queer

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
My respect for this man went up.   8)
Fuck the haters.
Sodomites will burn in hell, enjoy the rest of your time, this is your heaven.  :-*

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
It is only a job and if he doesn`t want to kiss another woman, good for him.

None of you ever turned down something on the job if it messed with your morals or it was unsafe to do because of your own health?

10pints

• Getbig IV
Wiggs,

Foxtrot Oscar.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Yes, yes.  We all know you only care about adult, male actors molesting children, you sick SOB.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
He can be Mike Pence's running mate in 2024.

Yep. Both clear closet cases.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

Fortress

• Getbig V
im not being aburd, why should people be allowed to bring their personal morals to the workplace as actors but not in the grocery store?

we're seeing this already, people wearing turban instead of the proper hat that goes with the uniform etc

i wonder how many of you applaud muslims wearing turbans or burqas in the work place?

Yes, making a living playing pretend in front of a camera is the same as swearing oath to preserve public peace and uphold the laws of a land.

One’s entertainment and one is law, order and life and death.

Fuck out of here, you nonsensical and ridiculous jagoff. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V

He could have used that money to buy lifts for his shoes. :(

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
He could have used that money to buy lifts for his shoes. :(

I'm not sure who does the fucking in bed between these two

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
not just actors.

we need more moral people in all parts of society!

the other day i was at the grocery store, i almost fell over a box of canned tuna and i said to the store owner "hey, how about putting those cans of tuna on the shelf!" the store owner said "i hear you, but the employes have MORALS they only touch cans of beans, not tuna, because theyre vegetarians!"

i of course immediately replied "GOD BLESS THEM! good for them! HIGH MORALS INDEED!"

and went happy out of the store, whistling down the street.

Seems like bullshit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
He (the actor) is happily married and desires to remain so and so he lives his convictions.  I am still hoping that Spacey shoots the wad on Hollyweird and exposes those cock(apropos)roaches with the light of truth.  They are evil incarnate.  

Strip the tinsel off that place and you'll find the real tinsel underneath.  

Will you follow Spacey's tell all, whether it's in a book, news article or televised broadcast?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
im not being aburd, why should people be allowed to bring their personal morals to the workplace as actors but not in the grocery store?

we're seeing this already, people wearing turban instead of the proper hat that goes with the uniform etc

i wonder how many of you applaud muslims wearing turbans or burqas in the work place?

I believe in people's right to free expression. As long as what they wear, believe and do doesn't hinder their ability to do their job well, I fine with it. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

If he "signed up" for the job, then he should do it unless he was promised a part which didn't conflict with his beliefs. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
Will you follow Spacey's tell all, whether it's in a book, news article or televised broadcast?

I occasionally watch the news but otherwise don't give an intercourse about television,  so I doubt I will "follow" anything.  I think, not feel, that if he chooses to find his balls instead of fondling someone else's he could put a dent in the tinsel armor of Hollyweird.

That place is turgid with perversion of the worst kind.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I won’t kiss any other woman because these lips are meant for one woman,” McDonough said of his wife.

But would he kiss another man?

Tough call. Having and standing by your convictions is good, but when it's part of your job and you refuse to do it, could be detrimental, as I'm sure he has noticed. Why sign up for acting, when you know sex scenes or simply romantic scenes involving a kiss might be needed in probably half your roles? I wonder if he would be amenable to kiss another person if asked to play the biblical role of Judas?

Either way, haven't seen him in too many films, but his wife looks like a strong women with convictions of her own.

"1"

Loved him in Band of Brothers. My opinion is, you have the right to any religious conviction you want. Just don't complain if your convictions cost you work. Accept it as part of your own choices and move on. Sounds like he did. Good for him. Acting is all about becoming a character you might not be in real life. Seems limiting to me, but it's his choice

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
My respect for this man went up.   8)
Fuck the haters.
Sodomites will burn in hell, enjoy the rest of your time, this is your heaven.  :-*
How do you know this isn't actually our Hell?

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
This shit makes me crazy. Heath Ledger "living as the Joker" which eventually lead to his death. Daniel Day Lewis forcing everyone to address him as the President off camera. Gandolfini basically killing himself between scenes to play Tony Soprano. IT'S CALLED ACTING FOR A REASON. Give me a fucking break.

The Scott

• Getbig V
This shit makes me crazy. Heath Ledger "living as the Joker" which eventually lead to his death. Daniel Day Lewis forcing everyone to address him as the President off camera. Gandolfini basically killing himself between scenes to play Tony Soprano. IT'S CALLED ACTING FOR A REASON. Give me a fucking break.

Agreed.  It's just pretending to be someone else for FFS!