Author Topic: whats the bigger shithole - hawaii or thailand?  (Read 13637 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: whats the bigger shithole - hawaii or thailand?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »

Numbers of foreign visitors tell all  ;D ;D ;D

Why not naming yours village  ;D

the world is full of junkies, drunks, pedophiles, people who has to pay for sex etc... no surprise there.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »
so what do thailand and hawaii have in common

food - both have shitty food.

women - neither hawaii or thai girls rank highly when we speak about beautiful women.

locals - both have locals who hate foreigners and tourists.

weather - both have shitty weather, no variety there.

isolation - both are isolated from the rest of the world. it's like living on the moon.

culture - both have shitty culture and lack the cultural variety of the civilized world, good luck watching live sports or live music events living in either place.

traffic - a mess.

Again, tourists numbers tell all..................... ...

OBW, Aussie is 1 gigantic Hawaii ...................have U been there 2  ;D ;D ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »

food - both have shitty food.

women - neither hawaii or thai girls rank highly when we speak about beautiful women.

locals - both have locals who hate foreigners and tourists.

weather - both have shitty weather, no variety there.

isolation - both are isolated from the rest of the world. it's like living on the moon.

culture - both have shitty culture and lack the cultural variety of the civilized world, good luck watching live sports or live music events living in either place.

traffic - a mess.

The isolation is what bothers me most.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2019, 12:35:00 PM »
let's check out hawaii some more

"Many family work several jobs, live paycheck to paycheck, have substandard (by mainland comparison) housing conditions, very little expendable income and at any moment are living on the financial edge."

"One of the worst places to start a business"

"Near the bottom in public education"

"Pay is below national averages despite much higher cost of living."

"First time home ownership nearly impossible"

"Traffic is really bad. On some parts of Oahu people have to get up at 5am to get to work by 8am"

"Fewer choices, less competition, poorer service, higher prices. For a while there was a popular bumper sticker “Ainokea!” (pronounced eye-no-kay-ah) which is local slang for “I no care”.

"You may not recover from the culture shock. Hawaiians are on the top of the heap, followed by other Polynesians, then Asians, and finally the Haoles."

"Everything is really crowded. Find a good restaurant? You’ll have to wait for an hour. New product announcement? Lines around the block. Big concert in town? Sold out in an hour. Big shopping sale at the mall? You’ll never find parking. Big event anywhere? Traffic backed up for miles. Big surf event? You can’t get near the place."

"Visiting family on the mainland is really expensive. In 2018 it’s about $600 round trip to San Francisco and $900 to Chicago or New York.  So for a family of 4, you’re looking at $2,000 to $3,200 just to get off the island. Add in $200/night for hotel, $75/day for car and a 2 week vacation starts adding up to around $10,000.  And we’re not talking about any trips abroad."

"Less food variety.  Surprisingly, our fresh fruit selection is not very good. While we have good local supply of pineapples, bananas and papayas, fruit that has to be shipped in is rarely ripe and either overripe or underripe.  Restaurants are a problem too.  Hawaii has a large selection of Asian-centric restaurants but after that it falls off the cliff. Italian, Greek, Mexican, Pizza and the like are sorely lacking.  And don’t even try asking for locally popular foods like Philly Cheesesteaks and Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches."

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
The isolation is what bothers me most.

Thailand does not feel isolated. They have everything, huge shopping malls, excellent transport and excellent hospitals and clinics too. Everything you can find in a western country you can easily find there.

Cambodia on the other hand, feels extremely isolated and like you are in the middle of nowhere.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 12:39:16 PM »
Hawaii is a perfectly fine place to live considering the state of the USA as a whole, providing you have some $ behind you and you like your privacy because people certainly won’t seek out to be overly friendly unless you go to church a lot.

But they are friendly enough in general and I have seen very little violence or even road rage here in 7 years and traffic can be bad on occasion.

The weather is pretty amazing temperature wise it never gets too hot or too cold. Food is fine but I’m a simple guy who likes burgers as a treat otherwise I cook all my food - there is a place called Teddy's that makes very nice burgers.

Good quality health care, all my doctors and my dentist are top notch. Decent gyms there is even a big planet fitness for 10 bucks a month if you are broke. I pay about 45 a month for 24 hour fitness and they have 5/6 gyms on Oahu I can use all of them.

24 hour grocery and drug stores open right by be if needed. Internet speed is pretty good.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
let's check out hawaii some more

"Many family work several jobs, live paycheck to paycheck, have substandard (by mainland comparison) housing conditions, very little expendable income and at any moment are living on the financial edge."

"One of the worst places to start a business"

"Near the bottom in public education"

"Pay is below national averages despite much higher cost of living."

"First time home ownership nearly impossible"

"Traffic is really bad. On some parts of Oahu people have to get up at 5am to get to work by 8am"

"Fewer choices, less competition, poorer service, higher prices. For a while there was a popular bumper sticker “Ainokea!” (pronounced eye-no-kay-ah) which is local slang for “I no care”.

"You may not recover from the culture shock. Hawaiians are on the top of the heap, followed by other Polynesians, then Asians, and finally the Haoles."

"Everything is really crowded. Find a good restaurant? You’ll have to wait for an hour. New product announcement? Lines around the block. Big concert in town? Sold out in an hour. Big shopping sale at the mall? You’ll never find parking. Big event anywhere? Traffic backed up for miles. Big surf event? You can’t get near the place."

"Visiting family on the mainland is really expensive. In 2018 it’s about $600 round trip to San Francisco and $900 to Chicago or New York.  So for a family of 4, you’re looking at $2,000 to $3,200 just to get off the island. Add in $200/night for hotel, $75/day for car and a 2 week vacation starts adding up to around $10,000.  And we’re not talking about any trips abroad."

"Less food variety.  Surprisingly, our fresh fruit selection is not very good. While we have good local supply of pineapples, bananas and papayas, fruit that has to be shipped in is rarely ripe and either overripe or underripe.  Restaurants are a problem too.  Hawaii has a large selection of Asian-centric restaurants but after that it falls off the cliff. Italian, Greek, Mexican, Pizza and the like are sorely lacking.  And don’t even try asking for locally popular foods like Philly Cheesesteaks and Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches."

That sounds awful.  Why people choose to live somewhere with a long commute to work baffles me.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »
if we look at the index of the happiest people in the world it looks like this

thailand is nearly at the bottom of that top-50 list, at place 46.

usa is #18 im sure that doesnt include hawaii.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »

All white countries in the top ten. :D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 12:50:38 PM »
my one relative lived in Hawaii for several years said it was nice but rat infested. can anyone shed any light on this  ???
F

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
my one relative lived in Hawaii for several years said it was nice but rat infested. can anyone shed any light on this  ???

They fill the sugar cane fields.  And like the cockroaches, they can get HUGE!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 12:54:46 PM »

And the people who made that list refer to 'Taiwan - Province of China' instead of the 'Republic of China' which immediately says the list is bullshit.

Thais love their country, they believe they are lucky to be born Thai, and compared to certain Western countries most seem very happy and don't walk around with expressions as if they hate their life and everyone else's and want to kill them selves.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »

Native Polynesian rat, but if U are into free chickens zillions of them around  ;)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »
They infest Honolulu as well.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »
All white countries in the top ten. :D

BS list, infested Sweden there in top 10 .

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »

aussie rhino cockroach is only 3-4 inches long  ;D ;D ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »
never seen any rats but I live in suburbs

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2019, 01:02:27 PM »
Would have to know the McDonald's location per capita ratio to know the answer to this question.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2019, 01:05:35 PM »
the world is full of junkies, drunks, pedophiles, people who has to pay for sex etc... no surprise there.

so, why don't U travel, what is it ??? no coins or disability , or criminal past ........................

cowards don't travel too  ;D

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »
best i can do is the big mac index (price of a big mac in us dollars)

switzerland $6.54 (most expensive)
thailand $3.59
egypt $1.75 (cheapest)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »

so, why don't U travel, what is it ??? no coins or disability , or criminal past ........................

cowards don't travel too  ;D

too expensive, im so big i need two seats at the plane  :(

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »
After reading all of the above and havinging lived there for a ggod long time ... JWB says it best.

And it appears hat some of you Hawaii haters have never even been there.

The Hawaii weather is phenominal. I can't recall a day in which I wasn't on one beach or another. Even when a  tital wave was expected.. a lot of us locals stayed on Waikiki Beach (or three floors above) but when that big wave (more like a big swell)  hit shore, it merely rolled over the beach and through the Outrigger Hotel below ground floor  parking area covering the cars with sea-water up the windshield.

But the worse part of Hawaii is the cost of living. Here in Vegas we pay $40 for a grocery bag of necessities which would cost about double that in Hawaii.

And if you lived there long enough you'd notice some dislike toward us fair skinned creatures. (Kill a Hauoli Week for instance but I don't know for sure if a killing of such ever took place. At least not during that particular week!)

Housing is expensive but some local families pool their incomes and buy a house in which up to three generatin of family members take residence.

But the major problem I've personally witnessed over the years was the foreign Asian interest in purchasing Hawaii residences and businesses.

Within a matter of less than four months I've seen a $45,000 one-bed room go into escrow with a sale price of $60,000 and even while hat transaction was in Escrow ... that same apartment would go thrugh a couple of re-sales and finally close at roughly $250,000.

And that only ceased when the Japanese stock market turned downward.

So the state of Hawaii is tied to the foreign market-place and whenever one prosperous country gets on its financial legs, much of that money is invested in Hawaii housing, golf courses, and other high busnesses.

For instance ... You'll very seldom see a US citizen (Hawaiian or otherwise) shopping at one of the numerous high end stores (Gucci, Rolex, etc.) which have taken over  all the Waikiki store-fronts.

In fact it's relatively rare to see a local on Kalakaua nowadays.

And the traffic situation is not as bad as the traffic in any other major
.... For example Los Angeles and the Northern California Bay Area.

Hawaii definitely ain't no shithole, but it's definitely expensive.

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2019, 01:18:59 PM »
Googleable F A C T

The hottest twinks on planet earth are from Thailand.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
too expensive, im so big i need two seats at the plane  :(

NO WAY, air travel is cheap ???,  I pay return intercontinental flights :AU via Kuala Lumpur > Bangkok , max $ 750 ,could be low as $ 500 !!!.

Jeezuuss , stop eating junk  >:(

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2019, 01:31:55 PM »

food - both have shitty food. Not really.  While there are some good places to eat in Hawaii, you can find phenom places in Thailand.  In Bangkok, there is a British restaurant I always go to that blows anything in the UK away.  It is British owned and authentic.   There is a Argentina steak house El Goucho that has steaks that will make you slap your mother.  Overall, Thai wins in the food department

women - neither hawaii or thai girls rank highly when we speak about beautiful women.  I agree here.  And WTF is wrong with all the Hawaiian natives and crooked teeth?

locals - both have locals who hate foreigners and tourists.  Maybe.  To an extent.  However, as a tourist in both places, I find the Thais treat you better and go out of their way to make a sale with you or provide exceptional service. 

weather - both have shitty weather, no variety there.  Hawaii wins this.  All the times I have been there, I have never seen bad weather.

isolation - both are isolated from the rest of the world. it's like living on the moon.  Hawaii yes.  Even the big island is small as shit and you can literally feel it.   Thai... not so much.  Bangkok is basically a metropolitan city.  Dirty in some spots, yes... but still a world away in size and amenities than Hawaii.

culture - both have shitty culture and lack the cultural variety of the civilized world, good luck watching live sports or live music events living in either place.  True.  hawaii sucks for this.  Thailand does too... but then again if you are not into culture and such, you can't really appreciate it.  Their culture is more historical based than most.  But at least they have evolved in the world.  Consider the fact that Hawaiians almost became extinct... that tells you quite a bit about them.

traffic - a mess   For sure in both places.  But have to say worse in Thailand.

My  .02