Author Topic: JESUS - Man or GOD ?  (Read 21865 times)

Johnny Apollo

Re: JESUS - Man or GOD ?
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 06:47:43 AM »
Jesus is 100% man, 100% God - some would say

And I'm 100% black and 100% white! 

Oh wait,That makes 200%. Which isn't possible!

::)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »
You don't have to be God Almighty to be sinless. All the Angels that serve the Almighty are sinless and Adam could have been sinless too. Jesus was the second Adam. The difference between him and regular men is that he was born without original sin and was there for a "flawless human" who had the ability to remain spotless. This was a devastating blow to Satan who from the beginning intended to show that man would not remain faithfull to God.

I'd agree with that. Claiming that Jesus is God because(if) he was sinless isn't an argument then since Adam was sinless and he wasn't God.

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 05:18:29 PM »
Surely if Jesus was born sinless that would imply the Mary would have to be sinless. Mary would have to have been born sinless and remained sinless up until the birth of Jesus .

I think all this BLIND FAITH nonsense was used in the past to fill in the gaping holes present in the bible .
Thankfully a few brave people questioned the party line of the bible so that we can now debate and scrutinised it .

Hopefully one day the Muslims will have the same courage to question their own faith .

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 08:05:07 AM »
Surely if Jesus was born sinless that would imply the Mary would have to be sinless. Mary would have to have been born sinless and remained sinless up until the birth of Jesus .

I think all this BLIND FAITH nonsense was used in the past to fill in the gaping holes present in the bible .
Thankfully a few brave people questioned the party line of the bible so that we can now debate and scrutinised it .

Hopefully one day the Muslims will have the same courage to question their own faith .

You can't apply logic to an illogical book. Trying to do so results in failure.
All you can do is take a neutral objective look at it and try your best to determine what the authors of it were trying to get across at the ancient time they were writing it.
Trying to decypher all of the sidetalk in the bible really just results in confustion. Which of courses has resulted in over 5,000 denominations of christianity as I type this.
If you don't take a neutral objective look at ANY text then you'll only interpret it to fit your own bias. Which is why there are so many various interpretations of the bible today.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 08:14:05 AM »
Adam ate the forbidden fruit, thus sinning.  There was only one sinless man, that was Jesus. 

And why would Mary have to be sinless to give birth to Jesus?  Jesus was concieved from the Holy Spirit to a virgin women who was chosen by God.  God even uses sinners to fullfill his plans. 

If this if that?  No one is in any position to limit God.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 08:24:29 AM »
Adam ate the forbidden fruit, thus sinning.  There was only one sinless man, that was Jesus. 

And why would Mary have to be sinless to give birth to Jesus?  Jesus was concieved from the Holy Spirit to a virgin women who was chosen by God.  God even uses sinners to fullfill his plans. 

If this if that?  No one is in any position to limit God.

Thanks for arguing that Jesus isn't "God".  ;)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 08:28:54 AM »
Jesus is part of the Trinity.  Too complex to simply stat that Jesus was/was not God.  They are all one in the same yet different.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 08:38:48 AM »
Jesus is part of the Trinity.  Too complex to simply stat that Jesus was/was not God.  They are all one in the same yet different.

I've already explained this. The Trinity is a make beleive concept invented by the church 300 years after the bible was written. NOWHERE is the word "trinity" mentioned in the bible and NOWHERE does it imply jesus is God or even part of some "trinity".

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »
Yes, GB, Johnny has spoken.  Lest we stop our nonsense of the Trinity.   ::)

I wonder if Johnny will end up being the modern day Saul of Tarsus?  God has placed within him the passion to learn all that he can to argue against Christianity, only to come to be a defender of our Lord and Savior.  Been done before..... 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »
I think Jesus was half God, half man and still worshiped the one who created him. All the glory goes to God because their is only one like him!
just push some weight!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:41 AM »
I think Jesus was half God, half man and still worshiped the one who created him. All the glory goes to God because their is only one like him!
LOL alexx, I'm surprised YOU didn't say YOU were like GOD! What's the matter, someone actually BETTER than you? :'(

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »
You don't have to be God Almighty to be sinless. All the Angels that serve the Almighty are sinless and Adam could have been sinless too. Jesus was the second Adam. The difference between him and regular men is that he was born without original sin and was there for a "flawless human" who had the ability to remain spotless. This was a devastating blow to Satan who from the beginning intended to show that man would not remain faithfull to God.

Angels where not sinless! Ever hear of Lucifer? How bout those angels that got the atlantian women pregnant huh?
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 11:47:30 AM »
LOL alexx, I'm surprised YOU didn't say YOU were like GOD! What's the matter, someone actually BETTER than you? :'(

I worship God and am but a spec in the sand to them. God and Jesus have plans for me ;)
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 11:47:43 AM »
Yes, GB, Johnny has spoken.  Lest we stop our nonsense of the Trinity.   ::)

I wonder if Johnny will end up being the modern day Saul of Tarsus?  God has placed within him the passion to learn all that he can to argue against Christianity, only to come to be a defender of our Lord and Savior.  Been done before..... 

PM me.

I've got a number to a good psychiatrist colegue of mine.

You definitly need it!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 11:48:42 AM »

PM me.

You definitly need it!

Looks like he's worked wonders on you ::)
just push some weight!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:16 AM »
I worship God and am but a spec in the sand to them. God and Jesus have plans for me ;)
Hmmm NOT a rock but a spec! Yeah you're right about that!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »

PM me.

You definitly need it!

Did your psychiatrist ask you to bring one of your Christian friends to the next session?   ;)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 11:51:28 AM »
Hmmm NOT a rock but a spec! Yeah you're right about that!

As a human being I am not better than the next person. As an athlete I am the best!  :)
just push some weight!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:43 AM »
As a human being I am not better than the next person. As an athlete I am the best!  :)
Back pedal, back pedal...........

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »
Did your psychiatrist ask you to bring one of your Christian friends to the next session?   ;)

More proof you lack reading comprehension.

I said "Psychiatrist colegue". Meaning he works along side me, He isn't my psychiatrist. ::)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 11:56:50 AM »

I said "Psychiatrist colegue". Meaning he works along side me, He isn't my psychiatrist. ::)

So, you treat each other then?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 11:58:10 AM »
Back pedal, back pedal...........

I am but a humble servant of the greatest Lord. :)
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 12:00:34 PM »
So, you treat each other then?

Is english your 2nd langauge? You seem to have trouble understanding it.

Do you even know what a colegue is?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 12:04:07 PM »

Johnny we already know... you don't have to explain it too us! So what if you see each other..
just push some weight!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

Is english your 2nd langauge? You seem to have trouble understanding it.

Do you even know what a colegue is?

actually, you're not comprehending, bro.  i'm asking if you see treat one another's mental illnesses/anxieties since is your trade?  i thought you were an archeologist though?  so which one is it?  ???