Author Topic: JESUS - Man or GOD ?  (Read 21901 times)

Johnny Apollo

Re: JESUS - Man or GOD ?
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2006, 09:17:21 AM »
Of course He can.  And of course my point was that no one is perfect.

This includes everyone....even people who point at perceived mistakes make mistakes of their own......

Get it Johnny?  I think you understand. :)

If jesus helps one spell, Why is it that the jesus freak Colossus can't spell worth a damn?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2006, 09:24:08 AM »

If jesus helps one spell, Why is it that the jesus freak Colossus can't spell worth a damn?

LOL...look who's talking......LOL!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2006, 09:40:04 AM »
LOL...look who's talking......LOL!

The initial claim was "Jesus helps you spell". Me being an atheist, If the intial assertion were indeed true would NOT be expected to spell.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »

The initial claim was "Jesus helps you spell". Me being an atheist, If the intial assertion were indeed true would NOT be expected to spell.

The initial claim was "Jesus CAN help you spell."

And He can help atheists spell too ;D

P.S.  He told me to tell you it's spelled:  C.O.L.L.E.A.G.U.E.

just messing w/ya ;D
R

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2006, 06:25:26 AM »
The initial claim was "Jesus CAN help you spell."

And He can help atheists spell too ;D

P.S.  He told me to tell you it's spelled:  C.O.L.L.E.A.G.U.E.

just messing w/ya ;D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

STella just straight up punk'd you, JA! 

Now go run tell dat!!!  <---  how's that for grammatical error?  lol :P

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

STella just straight up punk'd you, JA! 

Now go run tell dat!!!  <---  how's that for grammatical error?  lol :P

You aren't making sense.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2006, 07:13:19 AM »
my apologies, Johnny.  didn't mean to take a shot at you like that. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »
I believe Jesus was a MAN and neither God / a god / the son of GOD .

Even the bible slips up now and again on the subject :

Luke 5:16 "And he (Jesus) withdrew himself into the wilderness and prayed to his God."

John 5:30 "I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative; just as I hear, I judge; and the judgment that I render is righteous, because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me." 

JESUS IS GOD

John 10:30-33
"I and the Father are one."
Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

John 14:8-9
Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 12:44-45
Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.  When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me

Matthew 23:37
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing."

John 5:17-18
Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working."
For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:57-58
"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"   

(EGOEIMI)=I AM God. Check it in Greek, from a reliable lexical source, not some English dictionary.

Looking back in the Old Testament
Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

In the Bible, whenever an angel appeared to a man, and the man would kneel before the angel and worshiped the angel, the angel would always say something along the lines "Get up, do not worship me, for I am nothing but a servant just like you."  But whenever people would kneel before Jesus and worshiped him, Jesus did not stop them.  Instead Jesus allowed them to worship him.  Likewise, when people called Jesus GOD, Jesus did not correct them or stop them.

John 20:28-29
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »
Jesus is a myth, like Santa and the Easter Bunny.

There is no proof he existed. Zero. Zilch. Nada. There is no proof he carries out any of these 'miracles' or answers anyone's prayers. It's mere luck that any of these 'prayers' are answered, which is hardly any of the time. Then they say, "Oh, God was too busy then, helping someone else. He will answer my prayer in good time." What a load of Crap! lol.

The whole myth is made up so people can feel better about themselves. They feel they have a big brother in God/Jesus and therefore can turn to him when in need. Humans are very gullible and will believe that sort of thing, especially because a whole storybook (The Bible) is centered around it - thus making it seem more believable.

Generally, Christian people are good folk. Kind and not filled with attitude. That's a big plus, but what they're 'buying into' is simply made-up until it can be proven wrong, which won't ever happen.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2006, 10:20:05 PM »

There is no proof he existed. Zero. Zilch. Nada. There is no proof he carries out any of these 'miracles' or answers anyone's prayers. It's mere luck that any of these 'prayers' are answered, which is hardly any of the time. Then they say, "Oh, God was too busy then, helping someone else. He will answer my prayer in good time." What a load of Crap! lol.

The whole myth is made up so people can feel better about themselves. They feel they have a big brother in God/Jesus and therefore can turn to him when in need. Humans are very gullible and will believe that sort of thing, especially because a whole storybook (The Bible) is centered around it - thus making it seem more believable.

Generally, Christian people are good folk. Kind and not filled with attitude. That's a big plus, but what they're 'buying into' is simply made-up until it can be proven wrong, which won't ever happen.

Whether or not you believe in God, Jesus was an actual man. That IS a fact. There is just as much proof of that as the roman empire andthe emperor Nero, Aristotle, Napolean, etc..How much proof do you need. There are historical documents other than the bible.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2006, 07:46:44 AM »
There is no proof he existed. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Not true.  There are non-Christian Jewish and Roman historical records outside of the Bible that prove that Jesus really did exist.

Josephus Jewish Antiquities (c.93 C.E.)
(later interpolations in brackets)

"Now, there was about this time Jesus, a wise man [if it be lawful to call him a man], for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. [He was the Messiah.] And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him [for he appeared to them alive again at the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him]. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this date.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pliny the Younger Letter to Trajan (c.111-117 C.E.)

"...they maintained that their fault or error amounted to nothing more than this: they were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before sunrise and reciting an antiphonal hymn to Christ as God, and binding themselves with an oath not to commit any crime, but to abstain from all acts of theft, robbery and adultery, from breaches of faith, from repudiating a trust when called upon to honour it."2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tacitus Roman Annals (c.115-117 C.E.)

"They got their name from Christ, who was executed by sentence of the procurator Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius. That checked the pernicious superstition for a short time, but it broke out afresh--not only in Judea, where the plague first arose, but in Rome itself, where all the horrible and shameful things in the world collect and find a home."3

Sanhedrin 43a (200-500 C.E.)

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu4 was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, 'He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostacy. Any one who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf. But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the eve of Passover!"5

Endnotes
1. Antiquities xviii. 33 (early second century) from F.F. Bruce, Jesus and Christian Origins Outside the New Testament (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1974), 37.
2. Pliny, Epistles x.96, from Bruce, p.26.
3. Tacitus, Annals xv, 44, from Bruce, p. 22.
4. Talmudic designation of Jesus.
5. "Sanhedrin," vol 3 of Nezikin, Babylonian Talmud, edited by Isidore Epstein, reprint (London: Soncino, 1938), 281.