Author Topic: Shawn Ray Calls Out Chad Nicholls | UPDATE: CHAD NICHOLLS FULL RESPONSE!!!  (Read 28324 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Shawn Ray Calls Out Chad Nicholls
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2020, 10:26:50 PM »
Beefyfan fuck off.

Pretty good.  Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2020, 10:50:52 PM »
he said so himself, every time he tried to get bigger he was out of the top 3 - 4, his strength was overall balance with great conditioning, he only beat guys like nasser and Mr. Levrone when he was significantly sharper

i think shawn is very bitter he didn't win, which i understand

there was always talk of shawn always taking advantage of a free meal, really seems like most people have negative things to say about him and it isn't just because he speaks his mind

E

Interesting, Re: Shawn Dine and Dashing.  LOL.

Still though...I wonder if he had gone a bit higher in terms of both growth-enhancing PEDs and cutting agent PEDs if he could have possibly snagged a win in one of the years that he was close.

Shawn may be a bit bitter about it, but he also seems to be in a good spot, in terms of being happy he's still healthy at his age, rather than being like Ronnie - who I am a big fan of...but it's hard to deny that Ronnie is falling apart physically, and seemingly in a 24/7 opiate stupor.  He's actually probably enjoying using a little more oxycodone than he needs to at this point, and I wonder if that's part of the reason why he keeps pushing his body [knowing he can always get a stronger prescription - at this point, it would be unlikely that he would have his dosage reduced].

In that sense, Ronnie seems to be happy - he seems to have the mindset that even if he dies tomorrow, it was worth it.  He's had a great life, and seems happy - but so too does Shawn, and also seems like he will be around for a while yet, having never pushed his body to the extent that Ronnie did.

Mr. Levrone seems to be doing pretty well too, health- and happiness-wise.

MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!!!

8) 8) 8)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2020, 10:57:19 PM »
Matt, why is this relevant? Would you not respect his religious views, had he identified as an atheist/agnostic? Shawn seemingly cheats on his wife, took illegal drugs for years and years, disrespecting God's temple which is his body. But yes, hmm good on him for spending a few hours a week at Church (assuming he even does, which I doubt).

I have no issues with religion (I come from a fairly religious family) but I can't stand the idea that someone's wholesome purely because they identify with a religion. The nastiest, most hypocritical people I've ever met happened to be religious and I don't suddenly "respect" anyone more or less for learning that they follow a religion.

Like you, I come from a religious family.  My mother, mainly.  My dad is more of an agnostic.

That's a part of the answer.  Another part is...I actually like Christian values.  Not so much the "don't do drugs/steroids" aspects.  But more like the - honouring your mother and father, or pair-bonding with a woman for life.

Which I REALLY hope I can do with my new girlfriend, but she is massively paranoid that I will smell the vagina of every woman who lives in Northwestern Ontario.  And...she's not entirely wrong to have this concern.  I even find that women are more likely to cheat on their boyfriends with me, if it's just me going down on them.  ;D  Past tense.  I've been in a relationship/monogamous since November 10th now.

A part of me wishes I could have the faith my mom does.  I wish I knew what comes after death, if anything, and what we need to do in our lives to achieve eternal salvation, if that's even possible.

In this sense, I am a bit envious of God-fearing Christians.

I suppose you can really boil down the answer to your question to the fact that I've been having a bit of an existential crisis lately.  I no longer take for granted that I won't just drop dead tomorrow.  I could full well drop dead tomorrow.  I don't think I will - I firmly believe I am not quite done 50% of my life, now at 38, but...I'm just not as confident as I used to be about that.

Am I prepared to meet my maker if I have one?  No, not really.

So you could say that I wish I had faith.  I sometimes wish my brain wasn't so rigidly scientific as it is...and why did God create me like this, and give me a brain to question his existence?  That would seem to be damning me to hell, and that just doesn't seem fair to me.

I do like Christian values though.  I honestly wish I could have faith, but...it may just not be in my genetics to do so.

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2020, 01:18:17 AM »
Like you, I come from a religious family.  My mother, mainly.  My dad is more of an agnostic.

That's a part of the answer.  Another part is...I actually like Christian values.  Not so much the "don't do drugs/steroids" aspects.  But more like the - honouring your mother and father, or pair-bonding with a woman for life.

Which I REALLY hope I can do with my new girlfriend, but she is massively paranoid that I will smell the vagina of every woman who lives in Northwestern Ontario.  And...she's not entirely wrong to have this concern.  I even find that women are more likely to cheat on their boyfriends with me, if it's just me going down on them.  ;D  Past tense.  I've been in a relationship/monogamous since November 10th now.

A part of me wishes I could have the faith my mom does.  I wish I knew what comes after death, if anything, and what we need to do in our lives to achieve eternal salvation, if that's even possible.

In this sense, I am a bit envious of God-fearing Christians.

I suppose you can really boil down the answer to your question to the fact that I've been having a bit of an existential crisis lately.  I no longer take for granted that I won't just drop dead tomorrow.  I could full well drop dead tomorrow.  I don't think I will - I firmly believe I am not quite done 50% of my life, now at 38, but...I'm just not as confident as I used to be about that.

Am I prepared to meet my maker if I have one?  No, not really.

So you could say that I wish I had faith.  I sometimes wish my brain wasn't so rigidly scientific as it is...and why did God create me like this, and give me a brain to question his existence?  That would seem to be damning me to hell, and that just doesn't seem fair to me.

I do like Christian values though.  I honestly wish I could have faith, but...it may just not be in my genetics to do so.

I am sorry to hear about your troubling questioning Matthew, I too have felt weighted and distressed when delving into the old-age determinism versus free will debate. However like religion, I don't believe we will ever really know.

I too am a fan of Christian values, though I tend to think of them exclusively outside of faith. There's no reason that atheists/agnostics cannot be altruistic (though I am not an altruist by any stretch) and have socially-endearing values.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2020, 02:12:04 AM »
I am sorry to hear about your troubling questioning Matthew, I too have felt weighted and distressed when delving into the old-age determinism versus free will debate. However like religion, I don't believe we will ever really know.

I too am a fan of Christian values, though I tend to think of them exclusively outside of faith. There's no reason that atheists/agnostics cannot be altruistic (though I am not an altruist by any stretch) and have socially-endearing values.

Thank you for your reply.  Do you have a solution for those of us, yourself too seemingly, who have no answers to these ancient existential questions?

I wish I could just have faith in something, and leave it alone.  I'm just not programmed that way.  I feel like I do have free will - but I don't feel like I have the free will to believe in something without definitive evidence.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2020, 04:22:08 AM »

This guy seems defensive.  Every other word is "like" or "literally" which is annoying. 

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2020, 04:23:22 AM »
I've watched the clips of Chad being interviewed now and the thing about what he says in response is that it can be corroborated - so it'll be interesting to see what is backed up.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2020, 04:25:19 AM »
I've watched the clips of Chad being interviewed now and the thing about what he says in response is that it can be corroborated - so it'll be interesting to see what is backed up.

he called Shawn out as a liar about him approaching him then verified everything he said was true

He said he wasnt working with any athletes apart from Kim, that doesnt mean he didnt approach Shawn and get turned down

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2020, 04:26:48 AM »

This guy seems defensive.  Every other word is "like" or "literally" which is annoying.  

Defensive in what way?  He just states what the situation was and that tons of people saw it.  

He is spot on about compulsive liars.  They really blur the lines of reality to the point where you're not sure if they're absolute deranged or creative geniuses with their lying.

His use of literally is absolutely grinding, though.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2020, 04:28:09 AM »
he called Shawn out as a liar about him approaching him then verified everything he said was true

He said he wasnt working with any athletes apart from Kim, that doesnt mean he didnt approach Shawn and get turned down

He called Shawn out as a liar pertaining to him asking Shawn if he could help him.

He remained consistent on that.

If it is untrue, Shawn is a liar.

Are you struggling to comprehend some fairly simple continuity there?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2020, 04:31:24 AM »

This guy seems defensive.  Every other word is "like" or "literally" which is annoying.  

The part about Chad confronting Levrone... and Levrone backing down is true. Flex Wheeler discussed this incident back in 98/99. Flex said that he was absolutely shocked at how Levrone backed down.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2020, 04:35:23 AM »
He called Shawn out as a liar pertaining to him asking Shawn if he could help him.

He remained consistent on that.

If it is untrue, Shawn is a liar.

Are you struggling to comprehend some fairly simple continuity there?

I missed that
All he said was he wasnt working with any athletes back then, thats not denying he asked Shawn if he wanted help, if Shawn had said yes then he would have been working with an athlete, Shawn said no so his statement would be true

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2020, 04:37:11 AM »
The part about Chad confronting Levrone... and Levrone backing down is true. Flex Wheeler discussed this incident back in 98/99. Flex said that he was absolutely shocked at how Levrone backed down.

Really, a competitive athlete who needs to remain injury free in order to earn a living not wanting to brawl with a guy juiced off his head with nothing to lose.

Yes, I wonder why he backed down...

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2020, 04:37:33 AM »
Thank you for your reply.  Do you have a solution for those of us, yourself too seemingly, who have no answers to these ancient existential questions?

I wish I could just have faith in something, and leave it alone.  I'm just not programmed that way.  I feel like I do have free will - but I don't feel like I have the free will to believe in something without definitive evidence.

I don't my friend, I simply embrace that there are certain answers we will never get as humans.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2020, 04:43:18 AM »

Sounds “Literally” like all Talk & “Literally” No Trousers - 🙄 300lbs of Wind & Piss “Literally”

Why would Kevin in a “Literally” Depleted state if he was Competing want to get into a Physical Confrontation
“I mean Literally”

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2020, 04:44:55 AM »
I missed that
All he said was he wasnt working with any athletes back then, thats not denying he asked Shawn if he wanted help, if Shawn had said yes then he would have been working with an athlete, Shawn said no so his statement would be true

He said "I wasn't working with athletes, I had absolutely no reputation - how could I ask to help to work with Shawn?".

He completely denied asking Shawn.  

If you need more, you might be slightly autistic.  Your perception of what he said is incredibly strange.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2020, 04:46:06 AM »
Really, a competitive athlete who needs to remain injury free in order to earn a living not wanting to brawl with a guy juiced off his head with nothing to lose.

Yes, I wonder why he backed down...

Ask Flex and Dillett. They are witnesses.

It is interesting how Shawn Ray claims that Levrone was the aggressor, but in reality, Levrone was backing down.

The fact that Shawn is misrepresenting what happened, makes me question everything that Shawn says.

Add to that; during the 90’s Wheeler, Cormier, and Yates did not like Shawn.. which indicates that his fellow competitors know how Chad Nicholls feels.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2020, 04:59:42 AM »
Ask Flex and Dillett. They are witnesses.

It is interesting how Shawn Ray claims that Levrone was the aggressor, but in reality, Levrone was backing down.

The fact that Shawn is misrepresenting what happened, makes me question everything that Shawn says.

Add to that; during the 90’s Wheeler, Cormier, and Yates did not like Shawn.. which indicates that his fellow competitors know how Chad Nicholls feels.

Not true, I was around in the late 90’s in SoCal, wheeler had beef here and there with Shawn but he didn’t dislike him, Chris looked up to Shawn, there was never any “real” hostility between them, shit talking here and there but never escalated to the point where there was real hate and that they were going to kill each other

Dorian I am not sure, he was never around, mainly in the east coast if he was in the state’s

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2020, 05:02:01 AM »

This guy seems defensive.  Every other word is "like" or "literally" which is annoying. 

Calls Shawn not a hard worker.... his “3 rules” before working with an “athlete” that’s where you know it’s BS

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2020, 05:14:27 AM »

Why would Kevin even fight him? Nothing wrong with him backing down since he didn’t even know what was happening, Chad admitted he was in the wrong and apologized to Kevin and acknowledged that Kevin didn’t even know what was going on when he approached him

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2020, 07:06:06 AM »
Diet Doc responds! Full episode!

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
Re: Shawn Ray Calls Out Chad Nicholls | UPDATE: CHAD NICHOLLS FULL RESPONSE!!!
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2020, 07:19:04 AM »
So far, very good episode  ;D He talks about plasma expanders and even addressed the stupid cycle attributed to Dallas: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=641202.0

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
Re: Shawn Ray Calls Out Chad Nicholls | UPDATE: CHAD NICHOLLS FULL RESPONSE!!!
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2020, 07:27:27 AM »
wHY THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY SO FUCKING ANGRY IN THIS THREAD!

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2020, 07:39:26 AM »
Diet Doc responds! Full episode!

Doc? Do they “literally” hand out MDs in organ frying nowadays?

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2020, 07:44:22 AM »
Doc? Do they “literally” hand out MDs in organ frying nowadays?

;D ;D ;D

You'll be (un)surprised to hear Chad say that the hierarchy of importance is nutrition > training > genetics > drugs  :o