Author Topic: So,, where is "god" now??  (Read 11347 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: So,, where is "god" now??
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2020, 07:13:12 PM »
I wish not to get into a debate with you but I feel it necessary for you to comprehend where we are going in science.

We are going towards the idea that there is no such thing as nothing.

IE, there is no "creation".  There never was.  There was no moment where stars appeared out of nothing.  Everything that exists has always existed.  It may change form, but it was never created.

Now, I'm not here to debate this with you or tell you that it is true - it is a staggeringly difficult thing to get your head around in a world where we have this idea that there is such a thing as nothing.  I'm just here to tell you that science does not say that the stars appeared out nothing.  There is always something.   It is true that they say that the big bang was a "moment of creation", but trust me, the language is deceptive - it doesn't mean that all matter spontaneously appeared.   There is some sentiment that the big bang is a white hole (the antithesis of a black hole).  It's possible. 

None of this will ever be proven in you lifetime.  I just think it is necessary for you to be somewhat informed of what you quite rightly see as illogical.  Science doesn't believe something comes from nothing.  There is always something there, however minute.

OK, so you can accept that "stuff" always existed but not that "God" always existed.

I can't prove either. But never do I call atheist morons because they don't share my beliefs. I use to be one, after all. Both beliefs are based on how they interpret available evidence which in the end is faith. Believing in something in which we have no proof.

Why is it that so many atheist get angry and resentful at those that don't share their beliefs and do everything they can to stifle it but religious people don't share the same sentiments?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2020, 07:13:55 PM »
Which one ?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »
This one

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
Yes, it's more rational to conclude that the universe just spontaneously appeared out of nothing.

Oh my bad, universe was created by god 6,000 years ago. Too bad civilizations before that didn't get the memo and existed before that. Oopsie!

The Egyptians also missed the memo about the great flood and were too busy building bad ass pyramids.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2020, 07:25:14 PM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2020, 07:28:48 PM »
Wrong. Read Revelation 21 before spouting off again.

You're wrong but I'm not going to mention all the verses in the bible that mention heaven.  Believe what you want.

John 14:1-3 even says that Jesus is in heaven preparing a place for us to live.

Luke 23:39-43 “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

I could go on.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
My favourite part of religion is that you're always born to the right one (same as your the parents). That's so convenient, and so lucky because other religions are wrong  ;D ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »
My god drives a 1971 Mach 1, carries a switchblade and spends a lot of time in Reno. Keep running your mouth and see what happens.
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2020, 07:55:12 PM »
OK, so you can accept that "stuff" always existed but not that "God" always existed.

I can't prove either. But never do I call atheist morons because they don't share my beliefs. I use to be one, after all. Both beliefs are based on how they interpret available evidence which in the end is faith. Believing in something in which we have no proof.

Why is it that so many atheist get angry and resentful at those that don't share their beliefs and do everything they can to stifle it but religious people don't share the same sentiments?

I'll let you in on a little secret, are you sitting down? Christians aren't exactly happy about people who don't share their beliefs. A little trip down history lane might do you some good. So please spare us the "Atheists are angry" crap. No one with a lick of sense buys it

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
so if there's a heaven, a lot of chinese are going to hell right?

E
E

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2020, 08:04:05 PM »
Q

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »
I'll let you in on a little secret, are you sitting down? Christians aren't exactly happy about people who don't share their beliefs. A little trip down history lane might do you some good. So please spare us the "Atheists are angry" crap. No one with a lick of sense buys it

Interesting....you mention history but you don’t mention how history coincides with the archaeological findings of the Bible (scripture/apologetics) which is mostly conclusive. Atheists often say how can you believe in something you can’t see.....but you can’t see a lot of things that you believe in. You believe (and so do I) that the Chinese virus is real but you can’t see it. There is most scientific proof that Jesus existed than not..including this virus  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2020, 08:37:22 PM »
Interesting....you mention history but you don’t mention how history coincides with the archaeological findings of the Bible (scripture/apologetics) which is mostly conclusive. Atheists often say how can you believe in something you can’t see.....but you can’t see a lot of things that you believe in. You believe (and so do I) that the Chinese virus is real but you can’t see it. There is most scientific proof that Jesus existed than not..including this virus  

This argument is kindergarten level. You can't see the wind therefore you can't prove it exists. However we can replicate the wind in a controlled setting. We know the make up of air and we understand the physics behind wind. Care to try something else?

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 08:41:14 PM »
This argument is kindergarten level. You can't see the wind therefore you can't prove it exists.

I can't see farts either, but oh - they exist.

There are other senses than seeing, you know? What sense do you use to detect god?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 08:57:13 PM »
This argument is kindergarten level. You can't see the wind therefore you can't prove it exists. However we can replicate the wind in a controlled setting. We know the make up of air and we understand the physics behind wind. Care to try something else?

You haven’t addressed the part where actual findings have coincided with the scriptures...but hey, whatever makes you sleep better. Thank God you were a beat cop and not an investigator

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 09:45:59 PM »
You haven’t addressed the part where actual findings have coincided with the scriptures...but hey, whatever makes you sleep better. Thank God you were a beat cop and not an investigator

I really don't want to whittle my day away arguing with people but just out of curiosity - what the fuck are you doing with the actual findings of dinosaur bones?  Attributing them to satan?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 09:48:02 PM »
People always say "thank god"

You misspelled God. Show some respect to your creator, worm.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 10:03:47 PM »
I really don't want to whittle my day away arguing with people but just out of curiosity - what the fuck are you doing with the actual findings of dinosaur bones?  Attributing them to satan?

I’m not going argue either but last I checked we weren’t talking about dinosaurs or Satan but if you believe in Satan then you must believe Jesus existed

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2020, 10:12:12 PM »
Oh my bad, universe was created by god 6,000 years ago. Too bad civilizations before that didn't get the memo and existed before that. Oopsie!

The Egyptians also missed the memo about the great flood and were too busy building bad ass pyramids.

::)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2020, 10:19:53 PM »

I let you in on common knowledge, we are talking about today. Not what happened centuries ago.

I live in today not in history lane. Just remember, it was you that expressed your distaste for religious expression here. Where someone's beliefs and encouragement to Wes comes from was not an issue with anybody except when you brought it up.

Another one who thinks he can speak for others.

Are there any Christians on this thread that resent and want to suppress anyone's secular views?

Let us see how many "no ones with a lick of sense buys into it."

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »
If Covid is Gods work it just goes to show that beings in high positions think more about the bigger picture.

In the bigger picture there is too many people on this planet.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2020, 10:26:07 PM »

This guy has a long, long history of just ignoring points that he can't refute.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2020, 10:28:31 PM »
If Covid is Gods work it just goes to show that beings in high positions think more about the bigger picture.

In the bigger picture there is too many people on this planet.

When people say there are too many people on the planet they always mean "other people" not themselves. What makes you think that you are more deserving of life than others?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2020, 10:54:01 PM »
People only remember God in the tough times, smh

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2020, 11:57:26 PM »
Which god, aren't there like 100 different gods depending on which stupid religion you believe in?

The Lord Jesus Christ is rising from the dead today. LOL