Author Topic: So,, where is "god" now??  (Read 11346 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: So,, where is "god" now??
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2020, 03:06:22 AM »
I’m not going argue either but last I checked we weren’t talking about dinosaurs or Satan but if you believe in Satan then you must believe Jesus existed

You brought up archaeological findings to support your beliefs, yourself - I was curious how someone could hang their hat on that without reconciling the dinosaurs.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2020, 03:52:46 AM »
ask any catholic priest do they believe in God and they will all say yes...
Buts some catholic priest abuse small boys.

Its not peoples words, but their actions that tells you if someone believes in God..

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2020, 04:56:42 AM »
ask any catholic priest do they believe in God and they will all say yes...
Buts some catholic priest abuse small boys.

Its not peoples words, but their actions that tells you if someone believes in God..
A person's actions have nothing to do with their belief in God.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2020, 05:39:40 AM »
The ONLY God you need to think about

TRUMP 2020

Q

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »

I agree , not too many atheists in prison.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2020, 07:43:08 AM »

Man of Steel gimmick..?

Interesting question.

Where was GOD when Paul  was shipwrecked,  starving,  flogged,  naked,  ridiculed.

Why did Paul still stay true to his belief in those times.    And why did the saints through the centuries walk into death without being shaken in their beliefs.

Jesus told us to pray    Let your kingdom come,  your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.      
I read that to mean that GOD's will is not being done down here.
That is because the rulers of this world are the spiritual wickedness in high places.

The time when those rulers will fall has not happened yet.

And in the hardest of times how do we prevail.

It is then that the strength is given to you.

So we will have suffering in this life.  

But Jesus tells us that we are never alone no matter what.     He is right beside us even until the end.

Faith,  Hope and Love he gives us.

The whole world is groaning against the curse that we inherited.    Our bodies perish.  

But the things like this pestilence are what he said must take place before he comes back for all who beleive in him.

Is this that time?     No one knows that time or hour,    Jesus said he himself did not know that.   Only our Father in heaven.

Physically,  in our bodies and in the world  -   It is fallen
But Spiritually  -    in  the holiest of holies  which is your mind (the battlefield)  we are redeemed.    We are now immortal and can never die.  
Christ gave us that bridge back to God which was lost.     There is now no separation between you and God.   But you have to believe......

That God sent Jesus into the world,   Jesus took your burdens and carried them to the cross.   The evil broke his body and his spirit was crushed.
Three times in Gethsemane he cried out for the cup to be taken from him.   Each time he was crushed with the weight of the sins of all humanity. His blood was spilt in sweat.  He drank the cup of God's wrath that was due for you.   So that you could have a way back.    Jesus died your death all alone forsaken.    And God raised him.     So that you could live.

God destroyed the power of sin by placing that punishment on Jesus for what was due to us.  The evil was defeated that day.

God is always trying to break into this world,   to draw you to Jesus.   He is never far from any one of us.

And one last thing.    He knew you before the foundation of the world,   you existed before this place,    he is not willing to lose anyone of us.  We are all finding our way back home.

This life is full of struggle and its not when it will come its how often.
Where is God now,    in the hardest of times its when he won't walk beside you he will carry you.    

God Strength to you all.  

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »
My god drives a 1971 Mach 1, carries a switchblade and spends a lot of time in Reno. Keep running your mouth and see what happens.

Tell me he wears a leather jacket (with the collar turned up) and still smokes Marlboros and I will join you in the worship of this God  8)

T

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2020, 07:51:19 AM »

Of course it is, if you don't follow Gods word every moment of everyday why should anyone believe it when you say you believe in him.

I can say I believe in God but if I act like a twat its a meaningless statement.

If you truly believed in God and his message and the consequences for not following the word of God then you would never do anything contrary to his word.

Jordan explains it much better

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2020, 08:49:29 AM »
My favourite part of religion is that you're always born to the right one (same as your the parents). That's so convenient, and so lucky because other religions are wrong  ;D ;D

Funny how that works. In most cases, the vast majority, the God a person believes in is the exact same one their parents do, and the nation they live in does. Defies the odds

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2020, 08:54:25 AM »
You haven’t addressed the part where actual findings have coincided with the scriptures...but hey, whatever makes you sleep better. Thank God you were a beat cop and not an investigator

Coach, you are probably great at coaching.. this, not so much. I watched the Avengers awhile back. In the movie, it showed New York and many icons and places that actually exist. It's still a fictional movie. There is NO record outside of the book of Matthew where an earthquake happened and dead people rose from their graves and walked through the city to be seen my many. Not a single historian mentions it. What are the odds? Any evidence outside of Exodus where 2 plagues in a short period of time killed all the cattle twice? How about the nile turning red? Not a single mention of the red sea parting? No historical record ever found of a requirement for people to have to return to their place of birth for a census but there it is in the bible. I could go on and on....

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »

You would think it would, but you're probably right

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »
Of course it is, if you don't follow Gods word every moment of everyday why should anyone believe it when you say you believe in him.

I can say I believe in God but if I act like a twat its a meaningless statement.

If you truly believed in God and his message and the consequences for not following the word of God then you would never do anything contrary to his word.

Jordan explains it much better

I didn't say other people wouldn't believe that you believe in him.  There are serial killers who believe in God.  Satan himself believes in God.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »
I didn't say other people wouldn't believe that you believe in him.  There are serial killers who believe in God.  Satan himself believes in God.

They say they believe in God, but their actions tell you otherwise.
If they truly believed they would act the way they do

You are now claiming a fictional entity believes in a fictional entity, lets stick with real people

Did you watch the video at all?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2020, 11:30:39 AM »
They say they believe in God, but their actions tell you otherwise.
If they truly believed they would act the way they do

You are now claiming a fictional entity believes in a fictional entity, lets stick with real people

Did you watch the video at all?
Beliefs and actions are two different things.  There is a difference between believing in a God and actually living the dictates of that faith.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2020, 11:45:51 AM »
Beliefs and actions are two different things.  There is a difference between believing in a God and actually living the dictates of that faith.

if you still think that you haven't watched the video

Kids say they believe in Santa, they act as though Santa exists, they behave themselves because  Santa will give them gifts if they do, if they said they believed in Santa and then were badly behaved then knowing that will get them zero gifts means they dont really believe

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »
Jesus is Lord

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
Pretty sure if you are god you've seen a lot worse than this.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2020, 11:57:36 AM »

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2020, 12:06:49 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »
if you still think that you haven't watched the video

Kids say they believe in Santa, they act as though Santa exists, they behave themselves because  Santa will give them gifts if they do, if they said they believed in Santa and then were badly behaved then knowing that will get them zero gifts means they dont really believe

Again, you are confusing belief with action.  Is it possible for a serial killer to believe in God?  The mafia dons believe in God but don't follow the dictates of the Catholic faith.  Why would I watch a video by that annoying little man?  Is he out of rehab yet?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
Again, you are confusing belief with action.  Is it possible for a serial killer to believe in God?  The mafia dons believe in God but don't follow the dictates of the Catholic faith.  Why would I watch a video by that annoying little man?  Is he out of rehab yet?
Watch the video... ::)
His argument is either good or bad, its not about if he's annoying or not or if he's in therapy..
He goes through and explains what "belief" means, and its interpretations..

To really "BELIEVE" something it takes more than just words.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »
Any nude pics of those 72 'virgins' from muslims world  8)

(no nude milfs or grandmas)

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2020, 03:03:56 PM »
Any nude pics of those 72 'virgins' from muslims world  8)

(no nude milfs or grandmas)
Can you believe millions of people actually believe that?? F*ck people are dumb!! We're doomed!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2020, 03:26:51 PM »
Can you believe millions of people actually believe that?? F*ck people are dumb!! We're doomed!!

Yes I can believe it - Just as Many Many Millions Believe in A Multitude of Different Gods
And A Heaven & Hell.

Might as well also believe in Garden fairies / Father Christmas/ Tooth Fairy and any other
Made up Fantasy. You just got to Have Faith. 🙄

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2020, 04:06:09 PM »

What would 12 yo muslim kid, who is pushed into terrorism do with 72 virgins  ::)