Author Topic: What multivitamin do you use?  (Read 5061 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: What multivitamin do you use?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:21 AM »
Totally inadequate.  The average balanced "diet" is already deficient.  Depleted crop soils, industrial pollution, carcinogens, free radicals does a number on the human body.  We also have an epidemic in over consumption of processed/fast/junk foods.  Calorie dense, nutritionally void. 

No one should overdose on vitamins or minerals, but taking enough to ensure optimum levels is wise and pretty cheap insurance.

The free radical theory of cellular damage, for example, has never been proven. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20021368/ The taking of antioxidants separately has been shown to actually increase  or have zero effect on free radicals regardless.

As for crop soil depletion - that is a non starter. If a soil is depleted of essential nutrients for plants, the crops will barely grow in the first place. My son owns pasture land and we routinely measure the soil mineral content or else the crop dies early or has stunted growth. These crops are in turn fed to sheep who are ultrasensitive to the mineral concentration in the plants - far more than humans.

As for industrial pollution, let me know which vitamin removes lead, tetrachlorodibenzodioxin or organoflourines from the human body. None, in case you were wondering.

And finally " We also have an epidemic in over consumption of processed/fast/junk foods". No argument there. But the problem they present is a mixture of unsaturated fats with sugar that ultimately creates a high free fatty acid level in the blood stream, shutting off the glucose transport mechanism in the cell. This is one of the underlying causes of diabetes. No vitamin fix there.

The vitamin supplement industry is at least $12 billion a year and is constantly instilling that "insurance policy" fear into people. Sounds a lot like Covid-19 fears, lol

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 09:53:39 AM »
If someone is interested in delving deeper into micronutrients this might be of interest:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7393990/

Nature has provided great delivery mechanisms for certain micros, though uptake of some are hindered by certain food components. This info might be of relevance when supplementing certain micros, might benefit from taking them with certain foods. Certain vitamins with fats, calcium with a casein and/or whey if regular dairy is not in the diet and so on.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
Most food is artificially fortified with vitamins.  Even Fruit Loops are packed vitamins and minerals.  Almost no one in any western nation has a vitamin deficiency unless they are anorexic.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:32 AM »
The free radical theory of cellular damage, for example, has never been proven. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20021368/ The taking of antioxidants separately has been shown to actually increase  or have zero effect on free radicals regardless.

As for crop soil depletion - that is a non starter. If a soil is depleted of essential nutrients for plants, the crops will barely grow in the first place. My son owns pasture land and we routinely measure the soil mineral content or else the crop dies early or has stunted growth. These crops are in turn fed to sheep who are ultrasensitive to the mineral concentration in the plants - far more than humans.

YAs for industrial pollution, let me know which vitamin removes lead, tetrachlorodibenzodioxin or organoflourines from the human body. None, in case you were wondering.

And finally " We also have an epidemic in over consumption of processed/fast/junk foods". No argument there. But the problem they present is a mixture of unsaturated fats with sugar that ultimately creates a high f
ree fatty acid level in the blood stream, shutting off the glucose transport mechanism in the cell. This is one of the underlying causes of diabetes. No vitamin fix there.

The vitamin supplement industry is at least $12 billion a year and is constantly instilling that "insurance policy" fear into people. Sounds a lot like Covid-19 fears, lol
Iodine works
A

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »
Iodine works

It's in food. But if you are prescribed it for a thyroid condition, nuclear detonation in the area, or need to disinfect your drinking water, you need to be careful. In higher doses it is toxic.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 10:02:23 AM »
D,E, Zinc, magnesium.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
Most food is artificially fortified with vitamins.  Even Fruit Loops are packed vitamins and minerals.  Almost no one in any western nation has a vitamin deficiency unless they are anorexic.

That's true, kids go into puberty much earlier than in the past, average heights have been increasing, even higher IQ has been connected to better nutrition etc.

"The experts" do say certain vitamin and mineral levels are often suboptimal, such as Vitamin D and magnesium.
Even Fauci said he was using vitamin D and these fellas are usually very anti-supplement  :D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 10:06:37 AM »
If someone is interested in delving deeper into micronutrients this might be of interest:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7393990/

Nature has provided great delivery mechanisms for certain micros, though uptake of some are hindered by certain food components. This info might be of relevance when supplementing certain micros, might benefit from taking them with certain foods. Certain vitamins with fats, calcium with a casein and/or whey if regular dairy is not in the diet and so on.
good article proves sulfur rich meats eat away calcium... Milk is perfect food
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »
Eating a mostly animal based, whole food, high fat low carb diet, these are all the multivitamins and multiminerals I need:

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2020, 10:27:29 AM »
Super One from Holland and barrett

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »

As for industrial pollution, let me know which vitamin removes lead, tetrachlorodibenzodioxin or organoflourines from the human body. None, in case you were wondering.

And finally " We also have an epidemic in over consumption of processed/fast/junk foods". No argument there. But the problem they present is a mixture of unsaturated fats with sugar that ultimately creates a high free fatty acid level in the blood stream, shutting off the glucose transport mechanism in the cell. This is one of the underlying causes of diabetes. No vitamin fix there.

Vitamin and mineral deficiencies cause disease.  There is NO doubt about that.

Your contrary post semantics can/will never change my mind.

Make sure you keep taking your big pharma meds to solve your health problems... a $1 TRILLION dollar a year industry.

The vitamin industry creates the same amount of fear that Covid hoax does? - LOL!  Don't forget to get in line for your vaccine. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2020, 10:53:39 AM »
But wait a minute guys, I'm literally looking for some good suggestions in terms of brands that you actually use.

A member whose name will go undisclosed (as per his request) just send me a private message stating:

"hey OMR dont worry about multivitamins. Stick to vit D, Zinc, Mag, vit C and something none of these guys know about get the IP-6 and Inositol. that stuff keeps you really healthy and slows down aging"

What does this mean?

"1"

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »
Animal Pak

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2020, 11:08:16 AM »
Animal Pak
Those things were like swallowing horse pills!  Loved Universal supps back in the day.  Shark cartilage of peace!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2020, 11:18:41 AM »
But wait a minute guys, I'm literally looking for some good suggestions in terms of brands that you actually use.

A member whose name will go undisclosed (as per his request) just send me a private message stating:

"hey OMR dont worry about multivitamins. Stick to vit D, Zinc, Mag, vit C and something none of these guys know about get the IP-6 and Inositol. that stuff keeps you really healthy and slows down aging"

What does this mean?

"1"

Well you don't know what you "need" unless you do some testing and tests on some of these aren't always reliable from what I remember. Megadosing one thing might cause deficiences in others, like with Zink/Copper etc.

If money was no object I might do a well regarded multi blend like Life Extension Mix. Perhaps at a lower than recommended dose.
https://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/item02354/life-extension-mix-capsules

The other things like IP-6 or Inositol, well, there are tons of nutrients and compounds that might be beneficial in certain situations. To say any one is essential or above the rest is silly.

I have played with a ton of products that might have beneficial effects. Or may be useless, how would you measure it? Lately I have used Astaxanthin, Melatonin, Emoxypine, NAC as antioxidants for various theoretical reasons. I have tried the Inositol mentioned for anxiety reduction but didn't notice much.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2020, 11:26:21 AM »

What does this mean?

"1"
It means he's full of sh+t.   I use the one from WalMart that I posted.  So go for it.  If you want to understand aging read about "telomeres".

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
well regarded multi blend like Life Extension Mix. Perhaps at a lower than recommended dose.
https://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/item02354/life-extension-mix-capsules

I am going to give these a try. The breakdown looks pretty impressive and price is reasonable. Shit, I know guys here that spend thousands of dollars on growth hormone every month.

The other things like IP-6 or Inositol, well, there are tons of nutrients and compounds that might be beneficial in certain situations. To say any one is essential or above the rest is silly.

Yea. I am not familiar with that stuff, so not quite sure I am ready to dabble with it (ie ingest it).

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2020, 11:46:22 AM »
Used to use this 5+ years ago, but stopped after I found variations in quality.

Now, I take generous doses of B complex, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc & Vitamin C. But I wouldn't mind a "one-stop-shop" approach where 1 pill can do the trick.

Any you would recommend?

"1"

Stick to what you're doing. Buy some pill boxes or something and divide up your pills for the month ahead.

Don't worry too much about it though , especially when someone claims they know about some wonder drug. Vitamin and mineral supps wouldn't even be in the top 10 of things you should try to do to stay healthy.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2020, 11:50:40 AM »
OMR do you take any essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6 ,9 ) ?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:07 AM »
I've been using Controlled Labs Orange Triad for a while.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »
If you must take a multivitamin, Costco's Kirkland Signature seems to be best in quality and value compared to other brands:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/05/multivitamins/index.htm

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2020, 12:25:33 PM »

Yes sir. I take omega 3 & 6.

Studies show good correlation between taking them in increased reduction in heart disease and strokes.

"1"

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2020, 01:38:34 PM »

Any you would recommend?

"1"

NONE, it's all BS !.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2020, 01:41:10 PM »

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2020, 01:45:25 PM »

That's for soy latte drinkers. GetBiggers eat fish,crocks,coconuts,eggs,........................+ 'juice'  8)