Author Topic: What multivitamin do you use?  (Read 5063 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: What multivitamin do you use?
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
I can't take Centrum.  Gives me stabbing gut pains.
  Take it with food?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2020, 12:10:12 PM »
Vitamin supplements are a waste of money so take the cheapest and waste less money.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »
  Take it with food?
I did but got the same results.  I think it is the coating of the pill because when I took a #2 there was an oily substance and part of the coating in the water.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
I did but got the same results.  I think it is the coating of the pill because when I took a #2 there was an oily substance and part of the coating in the water.

Was it with or without iron? I've heard that iron can be brutal. Males shouldn't take iron anyway, unless you know you are  deficient.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2020, 01:29:05 PM »
Was it with or without iron? I've heard that iron can be brutal. Males shouldn't take iron anyway, unless you know you are  deficient.
I think it was without iron as I always look for that.  I've never had any problem with NOW brand multivitamins.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »
Have you tried Centrum Soggy?

I already answered that question. You must be losing it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
  Take it with food?

Centrum has several different formulas. I might depend on which version one takes. Personally, I've never had a problem with it. Although, I do take it in the morning with water prior to eating breakfast.

Centrum should be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Take with at least 8 oz of water unless your doctor directs you otherwise. If stomach upset occurs, you may take this medication with food.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2020, 02:10:02 PM »
I don't need supplements I eat animals every meal like a normal person.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2020, 02:13:24 PM »
That'll do it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2020, 02:13:45 PM »

Hopefully, you also eat vegetables, fruits, nuts and grains. If not, you definitely need supplements.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2020, 02:16:15 PM »
Very few people follow a diet strict enough to benefit from the natural effects from food.

Everyone should strive to eat as close to an evolutionary diet as possible. Not only is this far more intelligent than consuming a load of chinese powders (that don't even do anything according to lab tests) it's also cheaper. Notice "evolutionary" not "balanced". "Balanced" diets according to arbitrary pseudo-science create nutrient deficiencies because people over-consume modern plant foods that are potent nutrient-blockers. Go into your local forest and look how much edible foliage you can find in an hour's walk, that's how much vegetation you should be eating.

Hey maybe instead of taking that zinc supp you should maybe stop stuffing your face with grains, nuts, beans, coffee and potato-derived crap.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »
What ancient society had a balanced diet anyway?  People used to just eat locally grown and raised foods only until modern times.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
Hopefully, you also eat vegetables, fruits, nuts and grains. If not, you definitely need supplements.

See my last post. I eat small amounts of fruit only for taste, it offers nothing in terms of nutrition. Even the vitamin C is useless in the presence of such concentrated fructose. If you are consuming a lot of those foods then you are causing severe deficiencies. If those foods were the nutrient powerhouses you have deluded yourself into thinking they are then there wouldn't be a health crisis among vegans.

On an anthropological level I hope you realise that it makes no sense to argue that our nutritional needs are dependent on foods that have only existed in our diet for a miniscule length of time.

But given your world views in general especially in relation to your age I fear that logic is lost on you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2020, 02:31:11 PM »
What ancient society had a balanced diet anyway?  People used to just eat locally grown and raised foods only until modern times.

People also didn't live very long in ancient times. Maybe, their deficient diet had something to do with that.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »
Everyone should strive to eat as close to an evolutionary diet as possible. Not only is this far more intelligent than consuming a load of chinese powders (that don't even do anything according to lab tests) it's also cheaper. Notice "evolutionary" not "balanced". "Balanced" diets according to arbitrary pseudo-science create nutrient deficiencies because people over-consume modern plant foods that are potent nutrient-blockers. Go into your local forest and look how much edible foliage you can find in an hour's walk, that's how much vegetation you should be eating.

Hey maybe instead of taking that zinc supp you should maybe stop stuffing your face with grains, nuts, beans, coffee and potato-derived crap.

The evolutionary diet argument doesn't hold water because for the majority of human existence we did not live past 40, and it can take years if not decades to become nutrient deficient. Most humans would be long dead before they got the chance to become nutrient deficient.

Also post 40 we become less efficient at absorbing vitamin and minerals regardless of the source. The older we get the worse it gets. People can also lose their appetites or can no longer  stomach certain foods. Medications or other conditions may cause absorption issues. Vitamins for many can help in such cases.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2020, 02:43:39 PM »
The evolutionary diet argument doesn't hold water because for the majority of human existence we did not live past 40, and it can take years if not decades to become nutrient deficient. Most humans would be long dead before they got the chance to become nutrient deficient.

Also post 40 we become less efficient at absorbing vitamin and minerals regardless of the source. The older we get the worse it gets. People can also lose their appetites or can no longer  stomach certain foods. Medications or other conditions may cause absorption issues. Vitamins for many can help in such cases.

I make up for what age may have taken away by taking an abundance of supplements. Additionally, I eat a well balanced diet. -Seems to be working.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
People also didn't live very long in ancient times. Maybe, their deficient diet had something to do with that.
Actually, if they lived into adulthood, they did.  Childhood diseases brought down the life expectancy.  Do your genealogy and you will see relatives from the 1600 and 1700's who lived to be 90.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »
Thousands of years ago Abraham lived to 800+.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2020, 04:06:40 PM »

Those guys in the Bible lived forever. Wonder why no one except them has done so.

Some apologists explain these extreme ages as ancient mistranslations that converted the word "month" to "year", mistaking lunar cycles for solar ones: this would turn an age of 969 years into a more reasonable 969 lunar months, or about 78.3 solar years (which is still a long life).

In one view, man was originally to have everlasting life, but as sin was introduced into the world by Adam, its influence became greater with each generation and God progressively shortened man's life. If this theory were correct, why is it that we humans live longer today than we did 100 years ago. Hypothetically, by now we'd all be dying shortly after being born.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »

That's a myth, and the opposite is actually true.

Meat has no carbs.  Carbs are converted to glucose.  Glucose competes with vitamin C for absorption.  The more carbs you eat, the more glucose in your blood, the less vitamin C you'll absorb.

Spinach has compounds that inhibit iron absorption.

Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, turnips, and bok choy contain compounds that inhibit absorption of iodine by the thyroid.

Collard greens, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, beans, coffee, tea, fiber-containing whole-grain products and wheat bran, seeds, nuts, and soy isolates have compounds that inhibit calcium absorption.

These are just a few of many examples.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2020, 03:34:36 AM »
He's still alive and posts on Getbig.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2020, 03:50:10 AM »
He's still alive and posts on Getbig.

So that's how you get 50,000+ posts.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2020, 04:02:37 AM »
So that's how you get 50,000+ posts.
Yep, if Getbig were available since biblical times he'd really have a lot of posts.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2020, 04:02:47 AM »
I use Nature Made. Contrary to popular belief supplements are not regulated.  No one is checking what's inside or the potency claims. An example of this is the many claims by Whey isolate powders companies that claim their proteins are lactose free. They are lying or clueless. The best protein in terms of taste and has 30 grams of first class protein in a little bottle is Fair Life.  No lactose at all.  They started as a lactose free milk company but I digress. Nauture made vitamins voluntarily give their vitamins to USP for independent lab tests of potency. What's on the label is actually what you are getting.

I don't know if it's doing me any good but it's a cheap way to have an insurance policy. I get nearly a years supply for about $19 bucks or so. Besides it makes my piss a nice orange color. Every time I gave a urine sample the nurse would look at the container and inform me I was very dehydrated. Nope, it's the vitamins.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2020, 04:12:14 AM »
I use Nature Made. Contrary to popular belief supplements are not regulated.  No one is checking what's inside or the potency claims. An example of this is the many claims by Whey isolate powders companies that claim their proteins are lactose free. They are lying or clueless. The best protein in terms of taste and has 30 grams of first class protein in a little bottle is Fair Life.  No lactose at all.  They started as a lactose free milk company but I digress. Nauture made vitamins voluntarily give their vitamins to USP for independent lab tests of potency. What's on the label is actually what you are getting.

I don't know if it's doing me any good but it's a cheap way to have an insurance policy. I get nearly a years supply for about $19 bucks or so. Besides it makes my piss a nice orange color. Every time I gave a urine sample the nurse would look at the container and inform me I was very dehydrated. Nope, it's the vitamins.
I like Nature Made as well.