Author Topic: $1,650 A Month West Village Apartment  (Read 11253 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
$1,650 A Month West Village Apartment
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »
Tiny NYC apartment with no bathroom costs $1,650 a month.

Now I understand why the Mayor doesn't care if people leave the city.  Millennials must really like NYC to put up with this scam.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9203015/NYC-realtor-shows-TINY-West-Village-apartment-costs-1-650-month.html

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: $1,650 A Month West Village Apartment
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:24:48 AM »
Why would one move in that shithole? ??? There are far better options in NYC...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 10:48:02 AM »
No bathroom?  What do you do, shit out the window?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »

Hahhaha reminds of the time I was walking up to my buddies house and as I got close to the front door a big crap landed a few feet away from me as he was taking a dump out the second floor window.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 11:11:06 AM »

You have to walk down the hall to the toilet with no sink and for a shower you go further down the hall.  Both require a key.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 12:03:07 PM »

I like the part where at the very end they zoom out (from the wrong angle) and you can clearly see that your neighbors are within earshot while you're out on your skyscraper balcony. You'll undoubtedly have to keep the blinds closed on that side of the house 24/7.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »

LOVE the balcony overlooking the entirety of Central Park, don't really like anything else.

That said, for $40Million, there's nothing about that place I could EVER afford.

"1"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 12:25:20 PM »
LOVE the balcony overlooking the entirety of Central Park, don't really like anything else.

That said, for $40Million, there's nothing about that place I could EVER afford.

"1"
240 million for that? I get it, some people have so much money that they don't give a shit. However, that is not worth 240 million dollars. But some billionaire  will probably pay the asking price.

That is why city living is so overrated. For 240 million dollars, you can buy your own private island, and build a castle.

Still will have enough left over for ESPN+ and Netflix.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 12:30:26 PM »
240 million for that? I get it, some people have so much money that they don't give a shit. However, that is not worth 240 million dollars. But some billionaire  will probably pay the asking price.

That is why city living is so overrated. For 240 million dollars, you can buy your own private island, and build a castle.

Still will have enough left over for ESPN+ and Netflix.

I believe it's actually worth $40 Million. I think they didn't properly advertised the real price, but here is the most recent listing:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/150-Central-Park-S_New-York_NY_10019_M34952-82816

Still, if you put down 20% as a down payment, your monthly Principal + Interests + Property Taxes + Home Insurance + HOA fees combines will cost you $500,000/month!!!

I mean, WTF, monthly property taxes alone just to have the property is $28K/month!

"1"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 12:33:58 PM »
I believe it's actually worth $40 Million. I think they didn't properly advertised the real price, but here is the most recent listing:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/150-Central-Park-S_New-York_NY_10019_M34952-82816

Still, if you put down 20% as a down payment, your monthly Principal + Interests + Property Taxes + Home Insurance + HOA fees combines will cost you $500,000/month!!!

I mean, WTF, monthly property taxes alone just to have the property is $28K/month!

"1"
Wait, only 40 million. I just put in a bid. 39.75.

Fingers crossed.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 12:43:13 PM »

Fingers crossed.

Shaun,

Are you still in Florida? If so, send me a PM.

"1"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 01:27:17 PM »
Living in a broom closet with a communal bathroom down the hall and a hotplate to cook on is common in NYC unless you want to spend $2-$3k/mo.

Even for $2-$3k you only be lucky to get a small studio.

Forget about having a car.  Parking is $25-$50 a day.

But hey, it's worth it to live in NYC they say.  Personally I detest living in a big city.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 04:00:37 PM »

The glass railing around balcony is freaking scary.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
Living in a broom closet with a communal bathroom down the hall and a hotplate to cook on is common in NYC unless you want to spend $2-$3k/mo.

Even for $2-$3k you only be lucky to get a small studio.

Forget about having a car.  Parking is $25-$50 a day.

But hey, it's worth it to live in NYC they say.  Personally I detest living in a big city.
Living stacked on top of people and paying way more to do it.  You can live like a king for the same price in a small town.

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »
$1650 a month to live in what is basically a post-apocalyptic wasteland at this point.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 11:06:52 AM »
This $1500 Apartment is why Astoria Queens beats Upper Manhattan

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 11:14:01 AM »
$1650 is dirt cheap for New York city.  Little crap apartments go for $5K a month. Prior to DeBlasio though it was the place to make serious money.  Now it looks like a post apocalypses abandoned hell hole.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2021, 11:22:05 AM »

Fingers crossed.

You dont even have 39.75 you broke ugly stupid fuck
A

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 01:03:57 PM »
$1650 is dirt cheap for New York city.  Little crap apartments go for $5K a month. Prior to DeBlasio though it was the place to make serious money.  Now it looks like a post apocalypses abandoned hell hole.
For someone who dreamed of living in NY now is probably the time to make the move.  You can probably get a very reduced price that's rent controlled.  Once DeBlasio is out and the city picks back up you'd be set.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 03:14:22 PM »
Living stacked on top of people and paying way more to do it.  You can live like a king for the same price in a small town.

Absolutely. But, can you find a job that pays as much as many do in NYC? It is likely that the town is too far a commute to the city if the cost of living is significantly lower.

I have family in Bronxville, NY which is 15 miles from Manhattan. Trust me, there is nothing cheap about living there, although you do pay less per sq. ft. which is, $331 on average. On the other hand, houses are pretty large. Presently, there are 148 homes for sale in Bronxville ranging in price from $99K to 10M.

When I was a tiny tot, my parents bought a small post WWII house in West field, NJ. and my dad commuted 28 miles to NYC for his job. Today, homes in West Field are comparable in price to those in Bronxville.

My grandparents lived in South Orange, NJ which is 23 miles outside NYC. My grandfather was a corporate attorney who commuted into Manhattan. Today the median price per sq. ft is $275. slightly less than the other two cities I exampled. They had a very large old Victorian on a big lot with a garage/barn and a gardener's cottage. Just for curiosity, I checked today's estimated value on Zillow which is $937K.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 03:55:26 AM »

But srsly, how is that possilbe? Do people earn that much more in NYC? I mean, in a huge city there have to be "regular people" (nurses, policemen, store clerks etc.) as well, how can they afford housing/living there, assuming not every cop or nurse is living in his/her car? ???

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 04:31:51 AM »
But srsly, how is that possilbe? Do people earn that much more in NYC? I mean, in a huge city there have to be "regular people" (nurses, policemen, store clerks etc.) as well, how can they afford housing/living there, assuming not every cop or nurse is living in his/her car? ???

Hey man, store clerks are regular people, Nurses are not.

I used to serve as an accountant for one of the major hospitals here in NYC and part of my role involved processing payroll to ADP. I'll have you know that as far back as 2016, Nurses in big NYC hospitals working day shift were being started at $95,000/year. If they worked night shift, they were being started at closer to $110,000. Remember, these people work 3 shifts every week with an additional 4 days off every week. They could literally work 2 extra days each week as overtime (still getting 2 days off every week for rest) and over the course of a year by way of overtime they could gross well over $200,000/year.

In other words, Nurses are far from "regular people". Unlike cops and store clerks, they also have much more rigorous educational standards (Bachelors degrees, various certifications and national licensing exams).

"1"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 08:28:39 AM »
Absolutely. But, can you find a job that pays as much as many do in NYC? It is likely that the town is too far a commute to the city if the cost of living is significantly lower.

I have family in Bronxville, NY which is 15 miles from Manhattan. Trust me, there is nothing cheap about living there, although you do pay less per sq. ft. which is, $331 on average. On the other hand, houses are pretty large. Presently, there are 148 homes for sale in Bronxville ranging in price from $99K to 10M.

When I was a tiny tot, my parents bought a small post WWII house in West field, NJ. and my dad commuted 28 miles to NYC for his job. Today, homes in West Field are comparable in price to those in Bronxville.

My grandparents lived in South Orange, NJ which is 23 miles outside NYC. My grandfather was a corporate attorney who commuted into Manhattan. Today the median price per sq. ft is $275. slightly less than the other two cities I exampled. They had a very large old Victorian on a big lot with a garage/barn and a gardener's cottage. Just for curiosity, I checked today's estimated value on Zillow which is $937K.

I grew up right near Bronxville.  Yuppies galore

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »
Roomates for people in the service industry and usually some side hustle. Cops and firemen live in our version of the burbs in long island\staten island and like maybe parts of queens with no subway(so it's undesirable)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »

The pay you make in NYC is offset by the cost of living.  You can live in Manhattan, Kansas for way less and you don't have to deal with the traffic and other high expenses.