Author Topic: I bet half of you didn't even lift today  (Read 1514312 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: I bet half of you didn't even lift today
« Reply #15075 on: November 10, 2022, 12:46:05 PM »
I bet Rob Guns would do awesome at the strict curl i by he thinks it’s the coolest powerlifting movement tired of see fat no arm trolls squat shit to excel at strict curl you need a low bodyweight in relation to your arm size aka you need a decent build

I actually was gonna post a reply saying I do think it’s the coolest powerlifting movement as I love arm training and big arms. Just didn’t want to argue with people allday haha. To me squat,deadlift and bench are pretty boring. Strict curl is badass. And yes I can’t squat shit so that’s why I don’t care for that one. Bench I’ve done slightly over 500 and dead a little over 700 still find it boring. I do like a curl off though.

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #15076 on: November 10, 2022, 12:51:30 PM »
I can’t even curl 120 lbs

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15077 on: November 10, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »
Jesus here we go. Bhank ran his mouth about the squat, thinking if he worked at it his squat would shoot up. Come to find out it's not not so easy. He gets buried by 3 plates, he's shaking like a leaf just walking it out. He tears muscles, in his arm mind you, and hes not anywhere near 405. Dude can't bench, can't squat, can't dead. So now it's hey those lifts she for fatties, I can strict curl. Nobody gives a fuck snout strict curl

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #15078 on: November 10, 2022, 12:59:48 PM »
Hankins is going to find a curl contest to cherry pick, and we're going to have the "Brian Hankins, Champion Powerlifter" saga soon :).

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15079 on: November 10, 2022, 01:01:11 PM »
You dumb fuck Raw Powerlifting is literally  having their world championships today it is absolutely a competitive powerlifting event
No it is not......stupid ass !

Just because they call it power lifting doesn`t make it so.....if they called it power curling it would be more appropriate....is is an odd lift contest.....the curl is not a recognized powerlift........PERIOD!

If you had a standing press contest for a max attempt it is not powerlifting either.....it is an odd lift contest or a standing press contest.

Your buddy Cooper called it powerlifting to make a name for himself and he did in a niche enviroment but it`s still not a recognized powerlift......try to comprehend this "Mike Mensa" !!.

My friend Glenn Chabot benched 722 at the Arnold....the bench press is a recognized powerlift but since the squat and deadlift were not contested it was simply called a bench press contest dumbass....you can`t tell me shit about things I know about.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15080 on: November 10, 2022, 01:11:32 PM »
http://allaboutpowerlifting.com/competition-lifts-look-like-strict-curl/
Just because they label it as powerlifting doesn`t make it so....it is a max rep strict curl contest which takes power to complete but it`s still not powerlifting.

I`m out,call it you want to call it and then sound stupid in front of people in the know.......asshole.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15081 on: November 10, 2022, 01:36:45 PM »

Just because they call it power lifting doesn`t make it so.....if they called it power curling it would be more appropriate....is is an odd lift contest.....the curl is not a recognized powerlift........PERIOD!

If you had a standing press contest for a max attempt it is not powerlifting either.....it is an odd lift contest or a standing press contest.

Your buddy Cooper called it powerlifting to make a name for himself and he did in a niche enviroment but it`s still not a recognized powerlift......try to comprehend this "Mike Mensa" !!.

My friend Glenn Chabot benched 722 at the Arnold....the bench press is a recognized powerlift but since the squat and deadlift were not contested it was simply called a bench press contest dumbass....you can`t tell me shit about things I know about.

Glenn chabot seemed like a badass fella.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #15082 on: November 10, 2022, 01:41:15 PM »
I actually was gonna post a reply saying I do think it’s the coolest powerlifting movement as I love arm training and big arms. Just didn’t want to argue with people allday haha. To me squat,deadlift and bench are pretty boring. Strict curl is badass. And yes I can’t squat shit so that’s why I don’t care for that one. Bench I’ve done slightly over 500 and dead a little over 700 still find it boring. I do like a curl off though.

My man I knew you had my back on this one strict curl is badass and when you have a couple guys and gals together going up in weight you get a little extra motivation, I wasn't going to miss a lift or be outlifted in front of people it as fun as hell

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15083 on: November 10, 2022, 01:42:33 PM »
Jesus here we go. Bhank ran his mouth about the squat, thinking if he worked at it his squat would shoot up. Come to find out it's not not so easy. He gets buried by 3 plates, he's shaking like a leaf just walking it out. He tears muscles, in his arm mind you, and hes not anywhere near 405. Dude can't bench, can't squat, can't dead. So now it's hey those lifts she for fatties, I can strict curl. Nobody gives a fuck snout strict curl

Strict curl is powerlifting for bodybuilders who give a fuck what you can squat and deadlift if you have no arms it's the baddest movement of them all and how is 365lbs not near 405lbs? I have also posted a video of me benching 350lbs for a double

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15084 on: November 10, 2022, 01:44:38 PM »

My buddy didn't invent the strict curl it is a recognized powerlifting event by multiple power lifting organizations, and it is held at the Arnold and the Olympia they also recognize benching as a seperate single powerlifting category wake up it is not 1975 anymore

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15085 on: November 10, 2022, 01:53:07 PM »
My man I knew you had my back on this one strict curl is badass and when you have a couple guys and gals together going up in weight you get a little extra motivation, I wasn't going to miss a lift or be outlifted in front of people it as fun as hell

Yeah that does seem like a lot of fun.  150 back against wall is a strong curl. I would like to get down to your area and strict curl a few sessions with you boys.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15086 on: November 10, 2022, 02:18:28 PM »
Yeah that does seem like a lot of fun.  150 back against wall is a strong curl. I would like to get down to your area and strict curl a few sessions with you boys.

its just him, he has no "boys"

Dont go, the guys retarded

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15087 on: November 10, 2022, 02:29:28 PM »

Dude just hit 201lbs today at 192lbs. I mean I don't know if I will really get into it or not but it was more fun than any other workouts I can recall. And the guy didn't just curl the bar there were a lot of details to it I really paid attention and tried to learn his technique as no one his size is curling what he curls, but he also had some serious tendon, ligament and grip strength if there is someone to train and learn from it's this guy he had it broken down into a science.

https://www.facebook.com/cooperquality/videos/835523841100737

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #15088 on: November 10, 2022, 02:34:22 PM »
Technique work on snatch and Clean and jerk

Conditioning

For time
21-15-9
Assault bike cals
hang power clean @ 115

rest 1:1

21-15-9
Assault bike cals
15-9-3
Hang power clean @165

Both about 6:50....grip was limiting factor.  Went 12/9, 15, 9 on the 115.  Went 6/5/4, 5/4, and 3 on 165.  Yeah, doesn't take any strength to hang power clean that weight ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15089 on: November 10, 2022, 02:38:49 PM »
Glenn chabot seemed like a badass fella.
He was 315 with abs,his girlfriend got him to kick my ass one time (long story)....the gym owner called my house and said I should lay low for a few weeks....I was in the gym the next day.

I figured if he kicked my ass payback would be a bitch as he had to lay down to do benches again then I would crack his skull with a 45 pound bar.

When he saw me across the gym he came over and told me his girl could be a bitch,shook my hand and told me he always had respect for me and still did.

Nobody runs me out of Springfield Mass.............I didn`t give a shit who it was....I khow a lot of badass people in that city.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15090 on: November 10, 2022, 02:39:29 PM »
Dude just hit 201lbs today at 192lbs. I mean I don't know if I will really get into it or not but it was more fun than any other workouts I can recall. And the guy didn't just curl the bar there were a lot of details to it I really paid attention and tried to learn his technique as no one his size is curling what he curls, but he also had some serious tendon, ligament and grip strength if there is someone to train and learn from it's this guy he had it broken down into a science.

https://www.facebook.com/cooperquality/videos/835523841100737

Impossible, you have never listened to advice in your life.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15091 on: November 10, 2022, 02:40:03 PM »
My buddy didn't invent the strict curl it is a recognized powerlifting event by multiple power lifting organizations, and it is held at the Arnold and the Olympia they also recognize benching as a seperate single powerlifting category wake up it is not 1975 anymore
Whatever you say........you know nothing about the history of the "Iron Game" sonny.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15092 on: November 10, 2022, 02:42:06 PM »
Strict curl is powerlifting for bodybuilders who give a fuck what you can squat and deadlift if you have no arms it's the baddest movement of them all and how is 365lbs not near 405lbs? I have also posted a video of me benching 350lbs for a double
Dumbest post of the day right here.

In REAL powerlifting what`s your best bench,squat,and deadlift.....probably the same amount as your struct curl ! 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15093 on: November 10, 2022, 02:42:28 PM »
Whatever you say........you know nothing about the history of the "Iron Game" sonny.

I am a godamn encyclopedia of knowledge.

Can we all at least agree the strict curl is cooler than a godamn one arm overhead circus dumbell lift

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #15094 on: November 10, 2022, 02:43:17 PM »
I hear the governing body of Power Lifting is going to institute a new lift.

The Jheri Curl
Time fo' bhanky to get  hiz SOUL GLOW on...'n' sheit.

And yes, bhanky, you are much, much stronger than I am.  I wouldn't want you to be this weak, believe me.   The curl is a definite power movement when done in a genuinely strict way.  I am not a powerlifter so I have no idea if or when it will be included with the three recognized lifts  of the sport.

I did thick bar curls 20+ years ago but that was then and this is now so...I am a wimp!   ;D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15095 on: November 10, 2022, 02:45:15 PM »
Dumbest post of the day right here.

In REAL powerlifting what`s your best bench,squat,and deadlift.....probably the same amount as your struct curl ! 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .D

In real life girls notice and squeeze your arm first when they want to check you out not your quads, back, and chest no one wants to be all legs and back with little arms. Arms are absolutely the show muscles and deserve more attention. Fucking hilarious a bodybuilding board where dudes try and argue arms don't matter yeah Jeff I am talking about you

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15096 on: November 10, 2022, 02:48:05 PM »
In real life girls notice and squeeze your arm first when they want to check you out not your quads, back, and chest no one wants to be all legs and back with little arms. Arms are absolutely the show muscles and deserve more attention. Fucking hilarious a bodybuilding board where dudes try and argue arms don't matter yeah Jeff I am talking about you

No they tend to talk to you and want to see if you are interesting enough to be worth their time.
The only girls squeezing the arm of a 44 year old man are 13 years old at most.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15097 on: November 10, 2022, 02:55:13 PM »
Technique work on snatch and Clean and jerk

Conditioning

For time
21-15-9
Assault bike cals
hang power clean @ 115

rest 1:1

21-15-9
Assault bike cals
15-9-3
Hang power clean @165

Both about 6:50....grip was limiting factor.  Went 12/9, 15, 9 on the 115.  Went 6/5/4, 5/4, and 3 on 165.  Yeah, doesn't take any strength to hang power clean that weight ::)

Nice

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #15098 on: November 10, 2022, 03:11:08 PM »
I hear the governing body of Power Lifting is going to institute a new lift.

The Jheri Curl
Time fo' bhanky to get  hiz SOUL GLOW on...'n' sheit.

And yes, bhanky, you are much, much stronger than I am.  I wouldn't want you to be this weak, believe me.   The curl is a definite power movement when done in a genuinely strict way.  I am not a powerlifter so I have no idea if or when it will be included with the three recognized lifts  of the sport.

I did thick bar curls 20+ years ago but that was then and this is now so...I am a wimp!   ;D

;D

Hanky just needs a little more hair product and he could totally pull of the Jheri Curl

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #15099 on: November 10, 2022, 03:21:19 PM »
oil in my arms

I had an implants at one point

Wow, Bhanky, that is a shocking revelation.