Author Topic: Dont Put Another Dime in the Salvation Army Bucket  (Read 7214 times)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
Re: Dont Put Another Dime in the Salvation Army Bucket
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »
what was their race

both were white guys
"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2021, 09:32:05 AM »
Howard fuck off out of my thread
you ever see a thread of mine just keep moving and dont post in it
you are never ever welcome in one, or on this board. You are too stupid to realize that

It's a public forum and an open thread .
So , please kiss my ass . I'll fart in your face to enhance your experience

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2021, 09:52:36 AM »
take this question seriously cause the curiosity kills me

Being so massively hated on here, and EVERYONE wants you to fuck off, why do you keep coming here?
I personally would never keep coming to a place where the entire population hates me. Thats just common sense

Now that's a fair question, so I'll provide a serious answer.

I've been posting on here with some breaks for over 20 years now.
During that time, some like /agree and many others think I suck.
This experience is nothing new for me .

To be honest, the crude, silly insults  can get old, and that's when I take a break from getbig.

I don't  need to be "Miss Popularity" to post my honest opinions.

In my OPINION, it takes more balls, to post something most don't agree with.
It's easy to promote " freedom of speech" when everyone agrees with you.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2021, 10:06:57 AM »
take this question seriously cause the curiosity kills me

Being so massively hated on here, and EVERYONE wants you to fuck off, why do you keep coming here?
I personally would never keep coming to a place where the entire population hates me. Thats just common sense

Like Shizzo...negative attention is still attention. The alternative is the real world, which is much worse.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2021, 10:12:46 AM »

Like Shizzo...negative attention is still attention. The alternative is the real world, which is much worse.

Good point
"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2021, 10:48:39 AM »
both were white guys

Always either white or natives  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2021, 04:36:19 PM »
I never said they were all homeless but I’m sure a large number are.  Applying for social services is difficult when you a) may not have a permanent address b) may not know of available social services c) may not have a computer/smart phone to apply for said social services d) may not qualify for social services due to arbitrary means testing

You seem happy to blame these individuals for their circumstances.  That’s fine; I see it as a failing of society personally

Again, a string of bad luck is all that separates us from them

I'm not blaming them. However, IMO one of the reasons for there being so many folks down on their luck is that they don't take responsibility for what happens in their lives. This lack of responsibility seems to be epidemic in recent years.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2021, 05:02:31 PM »
I'm not blaming them. However, IMO one of the reasons for there being so many folks down on their luck is that they don't take responsibility for what happens in their lives. This lack of responsibility seems to be epidemic in recent years.

Prime, I wonder how these younger studs will be living when their our age?
LOL, maybe their mother will leave them her house.
That way they can rent the top part and still live in the basement.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2021, 06:39:23 PM »
Prime, I wonder how these younger studs will be living when their our age?
LOL, maybe their mother will leave them her house.
That way they can rent the top part and still live in the basement.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with having a place in one's parents house as long as everyone is in agreement and no one is freeloading. My son and daughter-in-law's house in Germany has an apartment in the daylight basement. It was my eldest granddaughter's quarters prior to marriage and currently it is my grandson's habitat.

I've read where multi-generational homes are becoming more commonplace in the U.S. There are several in my neighborhood. Not sure how many have four generations like we do. Ours works because each generation has their own space.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2021, 06:48:19 PM »
I just stole some Salvation Army bell ringer's pot of money and kicked him in the giblets just for fun.

I got $17.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2021, 08:10:55 PM »
I just stole some Salvation Army bell ringer's pot of money and kicked him in the giblets just for fun.

I got $17.

Don't spend it all in one place.  :)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with having a place in one's parents house as long as everyone is in agreement and no one is freeloading. My son and daughter-in-law's house in Germany has an apartment in the daylight basement. It was my eldest granddaughter's quarters prior to marriage and currently it is my grandson's habitat.

I've read where multi-generational homes are becoming more commonplace in the U.S. There are several in my neighborhood. Not sure how many have four generations like we do. Ours works because each generation has their own space.

Hear ya my friend but lighten up . ;)
 I was trying to make a joke about the typical get bigger  ( *LOL living in his mom's basement)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2021, 11:58:46 AM »
was at Superstore today and they had a bucket ,...walked by and told the lady to fuck right off..........I feel  better after that
"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2021, 12:04:16 PM »
was at Superstore today and they had a bucket ,...walked by and told the lady to fuck right off..........I feel  better after that

You should have tackled her and plundered the bucket $ in the name of Get Big.
Then, post the video here, so we can experience your triumph over this sidewalk menace. ;D

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2021, 12:07:17 PM »
You should have tackled her and plundered the bucket $ in the name of Get Big.
Then, post the video here, so we can experience your triumph over this sidewalk menace. ;D

actually
I will do something similar and post it on here
ill do it tomorrow
"

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2021, 01:03:39 PM »
Don't spend it all in one place.  :)

Coming to Portland sir. Voodoo will get my $17.
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2021, 01:09:32 PM »
actually
I will do something similar and post it on here
ill do it tomorrow

Extra credit if she's a great-grandma , over 75 .  ;D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2021, 02:18:05 PM »
In kind donations of contest prep advices were given to Bhank in good faith when he was preparing for that contest.  Look where that got us.

People tend to forget how charitable Getbigger's are.

Most people turn away from our "advices".

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2021, 02:45:04 PM »
Their whole operation is a scam...
I did 2 stints in one during my drug using days, 1st time was a year...finished in 6mnths but drove for them for another 6mnths and lived there. Had to pay almost $500mnth for a tiny ass room. 2nd time was for 3mnths before I was kicked out. Their "captains", or the ministers, which are always husband and wife, receive a paid for house away from the neglected areas salvation armys are always located in and pay no taxes.
The money they make from purely donated items from clothes to high end furniture and art fund everything and line their pockets. Christmas time, the ones I was affiliated with anyhow, had armed off duty cops whenever they had to change out the tubes of money and brought back to the office. Thousands a day...once some lady handed in her huge diamond ring because she thought the money actually went to good in helping ppl out. Couldn't be further from the truth.
 If by chance you check into one and still have some sort of bank account or pension or whatever they become the sole beneficiaries and literally drain every penny they can find.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2021, 05:59:25 PM »
Hear ya my friend but lighten up . ;)
 I was trying to make a joke about the typical get bigger  ( *LOL living in his mom's basement)

What I wrote was not defensive, it was merely an observation and a statement of fact.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2021, 06:13:33 PM »
I did 2 stints in one during my drug using days, 1st time was a year...finished in 6mnths but drove for them for another 6mnths and lived there. Had to pay almost $500mnth for a tiny ass room. 2nd time was for 3mnths before I was kicked out. Their "captains", or the ministers, which are always husband and wife, receive a paid for house away from the neglected areas salvation armys are always located in and pay no taxes.
The money they make from purely donated items from clothes to high end furniture and art fund everything and line their pockets. Christmas time, the ones I was affiliated with anyhow, had armed off duty cops whenever they had to change out the tubes of money and brought back to the office. Thousands a day...once some lady handed in her huge diamond ring because she thought the money actually went to good in helping ppl out. Couldn't be further from the truth.
 If by chance you check into one and still have some sort of bank account or pension or whatever they become the sole beneficiaries and literally drain every penny they can find.

Thanks for the info.  Good to know.

I never really understood how the SA works but it's always touted as one of the best charities.

$500/mo is $16 and change a day.  Pretty cheap.  Do they feed you?

If you have money in the bank or a pension why would you stay at the Salvation Army place?

It figures the house the chief and his wife live in isn't located in a slum.  Why would you think it would or should be?

The SA is a $2 billion dollar a year organization.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2021, 06:31:23 PM »

Does this mean the rehab wasn't a success?

Inpatient rehabs can run $6,000 for a 30-day program. Well-known centers cost up to $20,000 for a 30-day program. For those requiring 60- or 90-day programs, the total average of costs could range anywhere from $12,000 to $60,000.

$500 a month for a room tiny or not, doesn't seem that bad by comparison.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2021, 06:42:38 PM »

What I wrote was not defensive, it was merely an observation and a statement of fact.

I don't think you were defensive , but we both know something always gets "lost in translation" with internet communication.

No question, society will always need people to produce the next generation of responsible citizens.
You know my PERSONAL view on not having my own kids.
BUT, I hope you also know I think being a good parent is one of the toughest jobs there is.
For some it's stressful and an ordeal , but for many more, it looks like a "labor of love"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2021, 06:47:29 PM »

I got $17.
LOL " kicked him in the giblets"  (Cousin Eddie & Clark Griswald )bonus if you pissed on him while laying in pain on the ground. :o

Sounds like the avg getbiggers reaction would be, if Prime or me ( Howard)
were manning the SA bucket, wearing a Santa hat , ringing a bell  ;D