Author Topic: Gym Etiquette - Was I Wrong Here?  (Read 24132 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Gym Etiquette - Was I Wrong Here?
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2022, 05:04:20 AM »
You could though right?

I used to clean the one hundred pounders from the floor while simultaneously falling back hoping to land correctly on a thirty degree incline bench and then I`d pump out 5 full range of motion reps all weighing far less than the combined weight of the dumbells themselves.... one sixty to be exact.....beside the pressing part which you would fail at, I would die laughing watching you attempt to clean them from the floor and if you landed crooked on the bench you were fucked.....never got the hang of that knee kick dumbell thingy.....kinda` gay actually.

Matt may be Canadian.....{not your fault Matt}.....LOL j/k/.....but he` a strong guy far stronger than you......AND he weighs less the two bills....how you have the balls to critique his lifts is astounding you jealous kunt.

No idea how you can honestly  defend his form its autrocious this is why I dont argue with you idiots about how much weight you think you use he didnt get one single full rep and is going to injure himself training like that

You know nothing about weightlifting

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2022, 05:06:27 AM »
Wouldn't you say bodybuilding is more about nutrition?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BHA

;D

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2022, 05:09:26 AM »
Its 100 percent training, 100 percent nutrition and 100 percent rest and recovery

Again the scientific literature is not the same as the real world. None of this changes the fact your form
sucks and you are doing half reps with too heavy of a weight. Stop who lifting and start training

Fuck off, you withered cunt. 'The scientific literature is not the same as the real world'. LOL, there's the scientific way, and then there's the Hankins way. Which is, whatever Hankins is doing, THAT'S the right way! Why? Because HE'S doing it. And there's nothing else to consider, because Hankins knows best. Doesn't matter if you lift for strength, or mental wellbeing, or for cardiovascular benefits. It doesn't matter what your views on nutrition are, or what your goals are, or what you enjoy eating. DO WHAT BRIAN DOES!

Need TRT? 500 mg per week is the minimum! Why? Because that's what Cow Head is currently using. Anything less than supraphysiological dosages is just a waste of your time, and doesn't in ANY WAY contradict the definition of 'replacement therapy'. Why? Because there's no way that Brian is simply just a deluded and arrogant fuck-up whose physique is the result of drugs alone.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2022, 05:11:07 AM »
No idea how you can honestly  defend his form its autrocious this is why I dont argue with you idiots about how much weight you think you use he didnt get one single full rep and is going to injure himself training like that

My max bench press is 345-lb in the gym, and 320-lb in contest.

I've bench pressed 315x8 in the gym, but only have a video of me doing 315x6.

But keep in mind, gyms in Canada were closed for 500+ days. I've only been training for eight months - but even that isn't exactly accurate, as they were not consecutive months. Gyms closed here YET AGAIN in January, and I took February and March off also, because my training partner's wife had Covid in February [actually had it for real, not just a bullshit PCR test], and we didn't want to infect the gym. Then finally when we were ready to start in March, he got a new job out of town.

So out of the eight months I've been training, it's only been three months off, then the past two months back on again.

I have been a lot stronger before and I will get there again.

In two months, I will hit the 120's for 8-12 clean reps.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2022, 05:12:48 AM »

But keep in mind, gyms in Canada were closed for 500+ days. I've only been training for eight months - but even that isn't exactly accurate, as they were not consecutive months. Gyms closed here YET AGAIN in January, and I took February and March off also, because my training partner's wife had Covid in February [actually had it for real, not just a bullshit PCR test], and we didn't want to infect the gym. Then finally when we were ready to start in March, he got a new job out of town.

So out of the eight months I've been training, it's only been three months off, then the past two months back on again.

You are missing the point it doesnt matter what you are lifting your form sucks improve your form and you will get stronger

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2022, 05:12:56 AM »

The form isn't amazing.

But here's the thing, that form cleans up when his strength comes up

The difference here is that I listen to matt say he did plenty of reps on that weight and I know that any perception that he is doing damage is just one of someone who desperately wants to believe that it might be so.  The truth is that his form will clean up.  If he says it feels fine, it feels fine.

It is extremely difficult to injure yourself on a flat db press.  Bench, yes, dbs no.

If that was a bench rep, I'd say yeah don't go there yet girlfriend, but it isn't - it's dbs and the situation is different.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2022, 05:16:29 AM »
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BHA

;D

I mean, if we just compare training and nutrition.

If you take two people [let's even say identical twins, for the sake of the example], and one eats three meals + three shakes per day and just trains body weight exercises, and the other trains with perfect form, but gets insufficient protein, who will make more gains?

I don't know...I just feel the person more dedicated to nutrition will gain more mass.

How can you gain muscle without good nutrition?

In a video I posted in Gym-Rat's WSM thread, I posted a 2017 video where Brian Shaw said eating was the hardest part of strongman. Admittedly, that surprised me quite a bit! I know it's hard, but I didn't think it would be harder than training.

I don't know...I just always sort of felt nutrition [sufficient protein/calories] was more important than training. Like...call it 70/30 for nutrition/training.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2022, 05:17:09 AM »
Its 100 percent training, 100 percent nutrition and 100 percent rest and recovery

Again the scientific literature is not the same as the real world. None of this changes the fact your form
sucks and you are doing half reps with too heavy of a weight. Stop who lifting and start training

You will not be doing 120 woth perfect form as you dont have perfext form you are using the form that allows you to use as much weight as possible partial reps. I did the same thing in college a couple shoulder surgeries later I learned my lesson and I now use proper form. You should have fogured it oit by 40 your wrost should not be bending all over the place during a rep the barbells should go up and down to your body wonows should break 90 and dumbells should stay horizontal wrist should stay straight  nothing to do with pwerlifting vs bodybuilding proper form is proper form and you dont have it
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

FUCKING CLOWN WATCHES TV WHILE HE TRAINS AND DIETS ON DONUTS.....RESULT = FOUR LAST PLACE TROPHIES.  LOL  ;D

He asks for current pics from guys who competed while he was still in his pops nutsack and expects them to look fourty four years old like him in their fifties and sixties after competing for ever years/decades and winning trophies with a literal ton of contestants............N OT JUST NINE GUYS IN THE TOTAL CONTEST COMPETING FOR A MEDAL THAT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING DOGS LICENSE.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Fucking biggest asshole in twenty years yet somehow he finds it in his black shallow heart to actually have fallen in love with himself.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ;D

Sad part= doesn`t realize he`s a loser no matter how many material things he owns.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2022, 05:17:28 AM »
The form isn't amazing.

But here's the thing, that form cleans up when his strength comes up

The difference here is that I listen to matt say he did plenty of reps on that weight and I know that any perception that he is doing damage is just one of someone who desperately wants to believe that it might be so.  The truth is that his form will clean up.  If he says it feels fine, it feels fine.

It is extremely difficult to injure yourself on a flat db press.  Bench, yes, dbs no.

If that was a bench rep, I'd say yeah don't go there yet girlfriend, but it isn't - it's dbs and the situation is different.

So you are just going to ignore his wrist not staying straight? And the shoulder press is going to jack him up they also require you to touch the chest as in elbows below 90 in competition he wont get off the chest if he doesnt train a full range of motion

Every set Matt does is a show of strength instead of training  for strength he is ego lifing like a college freshman less weight better form will get him stronger faster

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2022, 05:18:52 AM »
Looking at the video I'd give him 3 out of the 5. The form was about average for what you see in gyms.

Certainly better than -

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdu7ZldAHeq/ .

Matt did the guy see that?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2022, 05:18:56 AM »
They say one of the advantages  of dumbells is you get a longer range of motion compared to barbells. The opposite is true, with heavy dumbells you don't get very far down because the dumbell hits your body. You probably get 30% shorter range with dumbells.

There is really no such thing as full range reps as in training the muscle through its full potential range. Most exercises do not allow it. Nor do you have to train through the full range. Many of these pros lower a bar to 2 or 3 inches off the chest only and this can save your delts and pecs over time.

If I had healthy pecs (I haven't pressed anything heavy in more than 20 years), I would also angle my elbows in a bit on dumbell presses. Doesn't reduce pec activation and doesn't put the pec in as vulnerable a position.

Strongman is very dangerous. The whole idea is to cheat as much as possible within the rules, not train a muscle through it's full range

When I was 15 I was told that I was going to pay for lifting so heavy. As a kid you don't think about it. And I paid of course.
Lots of tears and now at 40+ I start to notice the knees, the hips, the shoulders, which I never had problems with for the longest time. The latest injury was a bicep tear but I didn't hurt it at the gym. I've been so paranoid and careful not to tear a bicep for decades and it still happened.

Just some rambling thoughts.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2022, 05:19:16 AM »

YOU`RE OUT BENCHING HIS BEST SHALLOW SQUAT.  HA HA HA HA HA

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2022, 05:20:36 AM »
You are missing the point it doesnt matter what you are lifting your form sucks improve your form and you will get stronger

I'm 22-lb away from breaking the current Circus Dumbbell record in my weight class in Canada.

I don't think I'll be getting *that* much stronger, without bringing my body weight up.

I mean, at 170-175-180...how strong can I get?

But as rocket said, I just wanted to touch the weight to feel it.

To be fair, I usually train with better form.

I'm just eager to get back to my previous best lifts, and I got a bit ahead of myself.

In one month, I'll be doing the 110's for 8-12 with perfect form, and in two months, I'll be doing the 120's for 8-12 with perfect form.

I don't get why you don't believe me.

I also don't get why you're mad at me - is it because I told your wife she was looks good on Instagram? Looks sexy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2022, 05:23:49 AM »
I mean, if we just compare training and nutrition.

If you take two people [let's even say identical twins, for the sake of the example], and one eats three meals + three shakes per day and just trains body weight exercises, and the other trains with perfect form, but gets insufficient protein, who will make more gains?

I don't know...I just feel the person more dedicated to nutrition will gain more mass.

How can you gain muscle without good nutrition?

In a video I posted in Gym-Rat's WSM thread, I posted a 2017 video where Brian Shaw said eating was the hardest part of strongman. Admittedly, that surprised me quite a bit! I know it's hard, but I didn't think it would be harder than training.

I don't know...I just always sort of felt nutrition [sufficient protein/calories] was more important than training. Like...call it 70/30 for nutrition/training.
I wasn`t laughing at you.....the clown subsists on fucking Happy Meals and call himself a bodybuilder....he`ll never win another last place medal..........or bb award of any kind cuz he trains likes a wuss and eats like a 5 year old.

HA HA HA HA HA

TOOL OF THE DAY

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2022, 05:26:10 AM »
Looking at the video I'd give him 3 out of the 5. The form was about average for what you see in gyms.

Certainly better than -

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdu7ZldAHeq/ .

Matt did the guy see that?

Lol!

NO - THANK GOD.

I hate dropping dumbbells. I mean - sometimes it's unavoidable, but...that time I just got ahead of myself. And I knew it would be a hard set, and I might not get it - so dumping those dumbbells could have been avoided.

I'm glad he didn't see that. It was late at night when few if any other people were there.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2022, 05:27:24 AM »
So you are just going to ignore his wrist not staying straight? And the shoulder press is going to jack him up they also require you to touch the chest as in elbows below 90 in competition he wont get off the chest if he doesnt train a full range of motion

Every set Matt does is a show of strength instead of training  for strength he is ego lifing like a college freshman less weight better form will get him stronger faster

I'm not ignoring it.

It isn't consequential when you've been strong at that weight before.  You WILL adapt and have more control the next time.

I don't need to lecture him on it.  He will be stronger next time.

I've certainly done the odd dodgy thing with a wrist on a heavy db press before.  It wasn't ideal and it didn't happen the next time I did that weight.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2022, 05:28:13 AM »
I wasn`t laughing at you.....the clown subsists on fucking Happy Meals and call himself a bodybuilder....he`ll never win another last place medal..........or bb award of any kind cuz he trains likes a wuss and eats like a 5 year old.

HA HA HA HA HA

TOOL OF THE DAY

B. Hank has a bad diet?!  ???

Wow, I had idea.

I mean, he looks better than me, so who am I to judge his physique? However, that's funny what you said about his diet, rofl.  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2022, 05:28:40 AM »
CAN YOU SAY THREAD BACKFIRE ?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2022, 05:30:07 AM »
B. Hank has a bad diet?!  ???

Wow, I had idea.

I mean, he looks better than me, so who am I to judge his physique? However, that's funny what you said about his diet, rofl.  ;D
Copius amounts of gear and growth hormone doesn`t hurt when you live on junk food.

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2022, 05:32:09 AM »
I'm 22-lb away from breaking the current Circus Dumbbell record in my weight class in Canada.

I don't think I'll be getting *that* much stronger, without bringing my body weight up.

I'm just eager to get back to my previous best lifts, and I got a bit ahead of myself.

In one month, I'll be doing the 110's for 8-12 with perfect form, and in two months, I'll be doing the 120's for 8-12 with perfect form.

I also don't get why you're mad at me - is it because I told your wife she was looks good on Instagram? Looks sexy.

That's great news, Matt. I've always thought you belong in a circus.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2022, 05:44:06 AM »

Not mad just shocked you call that 8 reps you did not do one proper rep and you say you are going up in weight soon you need to go down

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2022, 05:44:17 AM »
Chinese benches of piss.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2022, 05:47:22 AM »
Less weight with proper form stimulates the muscle more than heavier weight with bad form

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2022, 05:52:33 AM »
Less weight with proper form stimulates the muscle more than heavier weight with bad form
You say that cuz your a weak bitch....I establish a perfect mind muscle connection using good poudages ....it might be that your TV is distracting you during your intense training sessions.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

PUNCHING BAG OF PEACE

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2022, 05:52:36 AM »
Was he sexual?