Author Topic: Mike Mentzer was a genius  (Read 20859 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Mike Mentzer was a genius
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2023, 01:17:09 PM »
Ha, I remember when Mike tried to go on MFW (misc.fitness.weights, an early no-holds-barred newsgroup) back around 25 years ago. He didn't meltdown hard, but it was non-stop piss questions. He even got asked about it in Ironman Magazine -

"TS: Dan wrote that you were involved in some things regarding amphetamine abuse and drinking your own urine.

MM: [Chuckles] I don't know where he got that one. How would anyone know I drank urine?

TS: I don't know, but a lot of people believed it.

MM: Yes, a lot of people like to see celebrated figures come down a notch or two because their own self-esteem is not very high. They gain a sense of self-esteem when they can say, Look, I'm not like that; that person has shortcomings. And that's not the proper way to gain self-esteem. That's irrational.

No, I never drank my own urine. Where that notion arose, I have no idea. I did take doctor-prescribed amphetamines for a while, because as a competing bodybuilder and writer I found it difficult during periods of severe dieting to sustain the energy required to train and then go home and write for hours. But it was always doctor prescribed."

I think that was his last interview, and it has a piss question :/ :).

Haha it took me reading half the post to realize that this is potentially a real interview  :D

Interviewer: people say that you like to drink your piss in a sugar-rimmed glass with an orange peel and a parasol. Is this true?

MM: Who the fuck told you!?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2023, 02:38:31 PM »
Mike on his encounter with a psycic/ mysticist and also his take on liberals.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2023, 02:53:17 PM »
Piss Poor Person Of Peace

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »
That is something that a 7th grader would say. Arnold was insecure.

Champions like Frank Zane, Lee Haney, Larry Scott, and Dorian Yates were able to win Olympia titles without all the name-calling and “psychological warfare”.

How Arnold a 6 times MrO winner can b insecure next to a nobody ( at the time ) Mike Mentzer.  Lol. 

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2023, 03:56:14 PM »
Arnold wasn't insecure. He just threw off the competition. Nothing wrong in that as it is a competition after all. Psyching out your opponents is done in many contests. So what?

Exactly, INSECURE are those who got persuaded the very day of the damn contest by the comments from Arnold, a rival who’s persona was obviously way  intimidating to their weak pathetic feelings .  …

Some Getbiggers have shit for brains.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2023, 09:02:00 PM »
so you think one or more races are superior to others, hence your choice

By definition that makes you a racist

My decision is based on economic factors.

If someone is born in Japan, South Korea or Taiwan the odds of having a decent standard of living would be higher than many other countries.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2023, 11:41:39 PM »
Exactly, INSECURE are those who got persuaded the very day of the damn contest by the comments from Arnold, a rival who’s persona was obviously way  intimidating to their weak pathetic feelings .  …

Fat stinking cunt

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2023, 12:59:31 AM »
John Little (appropriate surname), mentzer's nut hugging no 1 fan that hilariously once claimed you can train once every 6 months and still get strong.

If mentzer was a genuis (he obviously wasn't) then why hasn't hit worked for any of these nitwits?
:D That's what working out every 6 months gets you.

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2023, 04:40:54 AM »
arnold = overrated
sergio = underrated
again, bandwagoners of arnold can go eat a fucking dick. Lots of people really deserve to get hunt down (or just die from ww3)

STEP ON STAGE BEFORE YOU TALK SHIT FUCKTARDS!!!!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2023, 01:05:56 AM »
No one ever underrated Sergio but he was not better than Arnold over his full career. He beat Arnold at one Mr. O when Arnold hadn't yet entered his prime. Arnold never lost another contest whereas Sergio finished 8th in his last Mr. O.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2023, 03:10:38 AM »

So you believe that “Psychological Warfare” is necessary in bodybuilding thong pageants?  You are one dumb fuck. 😂

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2023, 05:48:42 AM »
Mike on his encounter with a psycic/ mysticist and also his take on liberals.

Sounds like a bore. If I were in that car I'd ask to be let out after the first 5 minutes of the sophomoric psychology lesson.

Hey guys, there's a 7-11 up at the next corner. Would you mind pulling over. Thanks. I'll call a lyft.

MM: the type of person that takes a lyft is one whose own inferiority causes a fear of objective reality. This kind of person has no belief in an automobile that is operated by another whose self worth exceeds his own blah blah blah

John Little: gee, wow. Golly Mike you're so smart. Tell me more. My mind is fucking blown worse than id blow you if I had the chance...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2023, 07:48:48 AM »
Sounds like a bore. If I were in that car I'd ask to be let out after the first 5 minutes of the sophomoric psychology lesson.

Hey guys, there's a 7-11 up at the next corner. Would you mind pulling over. Thanks. I'll call a lyft.

MM: the type of person that takes a lyft is one whose own inferiority causes a fear of objective reality. This kind of person has no belief in an automobile that is operated by another whose self worth exceeds his own blah blah blah

John Little: gee, wow. Golly Mike you're so smart. Tell me more. My mind is fucking blown worse than id blow you if I had the chance...

;D

Giovanni1443

• Getbig II
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »
Mike is smarter than most dumb people that I agree with  ::)
Not smart enough to stay away from hillbilly crack and gay sex tho some hero ................

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2023, 08:19:30 AM »
If you guys think Mike was smart, wait till you get a load of Ray!

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2023, 08:24:16 AM »
would you have said it to their faces?

I wouldn't and neither would 99.9999% of the world

pet shop boys needs a right and left hook to the jaws by both brothers at the same time

KEYBOARD!! WARRIORS!!! UNITE!!!!!!!!!

DUR DUR DUR DUR
DUR DUR DUR DUR
DUR DUR DUR DUR
DUR DUR DUR DUR
DUR DUR DUR DUR

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2023, 11:49:02 PM »

Fuck, I found this funny!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2023, 01:11:59 AM »
John Little posted a video of Ray talking a few weeks back. Guy was a dolt. ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2023, 03:07:57 AM »
Vital items found in a serious bodybuilder’s gym bag:

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2023, 04:50:53 AM »
Fuck, I found this funny!

John Little posted a video of Ray talking a few weeks back. Guy was a dolt. ;D

The similarities between Ray and Socrates are incredible. Listening to Ray babble while chain smoking with his brother outside the gym waiting for their trainee, I felt like a student in awe watching his mentor. And I’m pretty sure Ray was also poisoned because he was riling up the youth to go against the Weider Principles

Prayer Warrior

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2023, 06:01:24 AM »
arnold = overrated
sergio = underrated
again, bandwagoners of arnold can go eat a fucking dick. Lots of people really deserve to get hunt down (or just die from ww3)

STEP ON STAGE BEFORE YOU TALK SHIT FUCKTARDS!!!!!!!
Being a young sergio and living his life all over again must be a godly experience

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2023, 06:55:28 AM »
through sergio oliva JR

also both mentzer brothers died 2 days apart at age 49 so that is pretty fucking low of members to kick them constantly

do i need to super troll this forum to death? though its not anywhere NEAR as bad as ugbodybuilding forum. There are MODS there that are much much more arrogant towards new members

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2023, 07:21:37 AM »
through sergio oliva JR

also both mentzer brothers died 2 days apart at age 49 so that is pretty fucking low of members to kick them constantly

do i need to super troll this forum to death? though its not anywhere NEAR as bad as ugbodybuilding forum. There are MODS there that are much much more arrogant towards new members

You are a bit off both in your statements about the Mentzers and their deaths and in general. Apparently the imitation of life that is a fetishist's is not something for the faint of IQ.

And yet here we have you, kiddo. 

AFetlifeFanatic

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2023, 07:24:31 AM »
i dont talk shit about half a family let alone ones who are competent and should be SAFE from being dogged on.

Man seeing this makes me indescribably power hungry

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2023, 09:07:34 AM »
Many geniuses have jarred their own piss. Howard Hughes and Mike Menzter just to name a few!