Author Topic: Tips from the MountainDog  (Read 2913 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Tips from the MountainDog
« on: April 17, 2023, 08:24:41 AM »
Q

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Re: Tips from the MountainDog
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 08:58:42 AM »
i wonder how big his biceps are today

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 09:09:18 AM »
I like his videos.  He is/was a very smart man and articulated his info quite well.

This, however was not one of the times.  By nature and body mechanics, I have always this exercise does nothing really for adding mass to the arms for me or others.  Overuse of it actually leads to sore elbows with me.  There are many other exercises out there that are better for building bicep mass.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 09:10:08 AM »
I wonder if his family was able to take advantage of the IFBB death benefit program.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 09:11:48 AM »
I wonder if his family was able to take advantage of the IFBB death benefit program.

20% of any gym membership.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 09:17:00 AM »
I was thinking about this post dunkin donuts wrote last night, about how Brian Shaw's self-abuse triggers DD:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=684313.msg9986565#msg9986565

Then I saw this post, and got to thinking about how the screenshot of John Meadows below triggers me.

Meadows is making light of being hospitalized...as if such a scenario is funny in any way.

Meanwhile - dude died of a heart attack.

"A-a-ah! I'm lying on a gurney pretending to have a heart attack, honey! Take a good picture! I'M DEAD!"

Given that he has passed away now, I should just be respectful and continue to offer my condolences.

But no.

This photo triggers me and makes me angry at John precisely BECAUSE he died. He was only 49 years old with a wife and twin teenage sons. He was a millionaire, and had NO REASON to continue to push his body - especially after his heart attack the previous year. He should have quit all PED's immediately, and focused 100% on a diet and training program to improve his heart disease. Instead, he stubbornly chose to still push his luck...until his luck ran out very shortly after.  :( >:(

On the topic - do we know whether or not the vaccine played any role in John's death?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 10:02:54 AM »

On the topic - do we know whether or not the vaccine played any role in John's death?

You know I like to bust balls about the Vaxx.  ;)
But in Johns case I heard he was not vaxxed. True or not, Im unsure.

I do know he had a family history of blood clots, and his Ma died the same way, at the very same age.
(Clots, in her sleep, age 49).

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 10:07:31 AM »
You know I like to bust balls about the Vaxx.  ;)
But in Johns case I heard he was not vaxxed. True or not, Im unsure.

I do know he had a family history of blood clots, and his Ma died the same way, at the very same age.
(Clots, in her sleep, age 49).

Whoa - I had no idea about John's mom!

Thank you for the information, Gym Rat!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »
not sure how affective his diet would be - didn’t he have like half a colon ?

worked with a guy with a short colon - dude took a shit even smelling food , john prob had a yellow brick road to the toilet at his gym

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 10:46:08 AM »
Brutal thread - even by GetBig standards  ;D

I'm tempted to start a compilation of tips by Meadows, Piana, Rhoden, McCarver, Palumbo* etc.

*too soon?
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2023, 10:54:42 AM »
I was thinking about this post dunkin donuts wrote last night, about how Brian Shaw's self-abuse triggers DD:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=684313.msg9986565#msg9986565

Then I saw this post, and got to thinking about how the screenshot of John Meadows below triggers me.

Meadows is making light of being hospitalized...as if such a scenario is funny in any way.

Meanwhile - dude died of a heart attack.

"A-a-ah! I'm lying on a gurney pretending to have a heart attack, honey! Take a good picture! I'M DEAD!"

Given that he has passed away now, I should just be respectful and continue to offer my condolences.

But no.

This photo triggers me and makes me angry at John precisely BECAUSE he died. He was only 49 years old with a wife and twin teenage sons. He was a millionaire, and had NO REASON to continue to push his body - especially after his heart attack the previous year. He should have quit all PED's immediately, and focused 100% on a diet and training program to improve his heart disease. Instead, he stubbornly chose to still push his luck...until his luck ran out very shortly after.  :( >:(

She smiling because she knows she won't have to deal with his protein farts any more.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 11:04:14 AM »
Personally,I like Johns channel....I watch it daily just for new nuances and such.

I used to pick his brain back on Muscle Mayhem.....always took time to talk to me even though looking back,I was probably a pain in the ass.....he was a good dude in my book.

RIP

BarbellMD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 11:19:03 AM »
Personally,I like Johns channel....I watch it daily just for new nuances and such.

I used to pick his brain back on Muscle Mayhem.....always took time to talk to me even though looking back,I was probably a pain in the ass.....he was a good dude in my book.

RIP

RIP

John seemed like one of few genuinely good guys in this objectively weird subculture

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2023, 11:27:23 AM »
I always do biceps on the crossover machine like that

John had some great content during lockdown working out with tension bands

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2023, 11:31:01 AM »

I'm tempted to start a compilation of tips by Meadows, Piana, Rhoden, McCarver, Palumbo* etc.

*too soon?

My friend owns a local grocery store. He sells the most amazing Top Sirloin steaks have ever had, for $19.99 CAD/kg.

[£12.06/kg, $6.77 USD/lb]

I've asked my friend three times so far if I could buy a "steak" in the company, finally bringing him a certified check on Thursday, to show that I'm serious - and that I want that steak!

His mom died 15 hours ago, and his cousin told me about it just over an hour after that.

His cousin then sent me a message saying "Maybe it will be your "in" to buy a steak in the business"

Now THAT was too soon - LOL! Geez...that's his cousin's mom / uncle's wife, and her body isn't even cold yet. 😂

So no, Taffin - that's not too soon. Maybe for Palumbo, but the rest are fine.  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2023, 11:39:03 AM »

*too soon?

I misread your asterisk - I thought it denoted the whole group you listed, but I now see you were just asking if it's too soon to talk about Palumbo's upcoming death.

Yes - that would be slightly too soon.  ;D

Dave isn't a corpse yet, Taffin.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2023, 11:43:18 AM »
It’s not good to draw conclusions from isolated cases but man his fancy grass fed diet didn’t do Shit for his longevity.  Solid dude though, he even posted here a handful of times

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2023, 02:51:28 PM »
i wonder how big his biceps are today

In this case the peaks are 6 feet under the mountain, dog.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2023, 02:56:10 PM »

he never tried the supinator machine. :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2023, 03:13:18 PM »
In this case the peaks are 6 feet under the mountain, dog.

Job well played sir, hat's off to ya

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2023, 03:17:11 PM »
I don't take tips from guys who die at 49 although John was a good dude.
T

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2023, 03:26:36 PM »
John was a good dude, great content, I enjoy any of his interviews, etc.. people talking trash about his death I get their perspective seeing he had kids and a wife, but also understand his passion for bodybuilding/training, the dude started competing at like 14, it's obviously something he loved immensely  and had a hard time letting it go.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2023, 03:34:30 PM »
Like B. Shaw, Meadows' income was dependent on staying visible on social media.

A million bucks only throws off 40-$50K a year.

Do you think Shaw would stay relevent if he dropped to 270 and did not compete anymore, not even in his own Shaw Classic?

So, this is one reason these guys keeping pushing it.  They have families to support.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2023, 03:41:52 PM »
Like B. Shaw, Meadows' income was dependent on staying visible on social media.

A million bucks only throws off 40-$50K a year.

Do you think Shaw would stay relevent if he dropped to 270 and did not compete anymore, not even in his own Shaw Classic?

So, this is one reason these guys keeping pushing it.  They have families to support.
No, Meadows was a successful prep coach for years and years, he had his Granite supplement company, and youtube channel. All of that was earning him a  substantial amount of money, he really didn't need to keep up a jacked appearance to continue earning a living. John was just super passionate about training and being muscular, even though he downsized substantially.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2023, 03:44:43 PM »
John was a good dude, great content, I enjoy any of his interviews, etc.. people talking trash about his death I get their perspective seeing he had kids and a wife, but also understand his passion for bodybuilding/training, the dude started competing at like 14, it's obviously something he loved immensely  and had a hard time letting it go.

Fair points, but it just makes me sad for his kids and wife.

I do get that he had an otherworldly level of dedication to bodybuilding, but I think he should have focused on healing his heart after his heart attack.

But I get it - that probably wasn't possible for John. I understand that.