Author Topic: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.  (Read 202501 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2023, 07:19:35 AM »
Hang on...you bench 225 for mad reps, and B. Hank...counts that many reps for ONE?  ???

Please watch 0:25 to 0:52 of this clip - he seems to be using the B. Hank counting technique:

It’s real simple the heaviest thing we have seen him bench this year is 225lbs doesn’t matter if he did it once or a thousand times. If he wants a different number he is welcome to make a video pressing more than 225lbs I am sure he can but he will just rant and rave about an overhead squat instead. 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2023, 07:23:50 AM »

This Shaky bench press vs Matt Cannings Heave Ho bench

So far, Bhanks is winning.. How he thinks he will  be able to get to 350 by end of year is beyond me.

I'm leaning slightly towards Matts lift. Bhankys is just painful to watch, but I'd be okay with calling it a draw.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2023, 07:24:32 AM »
matt don't engage

tell him to stick his bullshit competition

it will die a death in 48 hours.

rather like his burning ex girflfriend he ran away from helping

Point taken, 38 returns. But I am motivated now to do this.

I would love to put enough space between B. Hank and I that it is indisputable.

I know I can get to a 350 bench [bounced], 450 squat [with knee wraps, below parallel], and a 550 deadlift [with belt, chalk, and straps]. I'm not sure how light I can be while hitting those numbers...but I am confident in my ability to get them all.

When I do...it would be difficult or even impossible for B. Hank to match me. I don't see him deadlifting six plates a side. I don't want this to be a close call.

I just want his every criticism of me to seem comical to objective-minded people.

Although...another side of me does agree with you.

But hey - I'm training for strength now for a long stretch anyway, so I think it's fine.

B. Hank just said he started training too hard too soon and hurt his abdomen. See - I won't be doing that. B. Hank just can't stand to be challenged, resulting in stupid behaviour like that. I won't push it too hard just to beat him. I'm confident it will come in time, and just happen anyway.

In that sense, this call-out is just incidental - as I'm training for strength right now anyway.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2023, 07:25:55 AM »
I'm leaning slightly towards Matts lift. Bhankys is just painful to watch, but I'd be okay with calling it a draw.

If we have a draw between two contestants at year end everyone on the leaderboard can vote but I doubt we will have a tie at year end someone will bench more but yes right now we are tied at 315 I fully expect Matt to go heavier first I am absolutely rooting for him. In the meantime don’t be left out get your video up and get on the board

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2023, 07:29:13 AM »
If we have a draw between two contestants at year end everyone on the leaderboard can vote but I doubt we will have a tie at year end someone will bench more but yes right now we are tied at 315 I fully expect Matt to go heavier first I am absolutely rooting for him. In the meantime don’t be left out get your video up and get on the board

Brian making up competitions and people joining in..

Have you all forgotten what a fucking dickwad this guy is?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2023, 07:29:38 AM »
I am just shocked BigRo is in the lead at 396lbs since supposedly we have so many 500lb benchers on getbig

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2023, 07:31:18 AM »
First off not true and secondly yeah, I am going to criticize someone who wants to claim 325 when their spotter curled it. His 325 was no good. He did get the 315 good job Matt.

GETBIG 2023 BENCH PRESS LEADERBOAD
1. BigRo 400? 
2. Bhank 315 verified
2. Matt 315 verified
4. Soul Crusher 225 verified
4. Krankenstein 225 verified
6. 38 Returns 185 not yet verified
7. JoSwift 175 not yet verified
8. Illuminati 165 not yet verified
9. Webster 155 not yet verified
10. Wes 135 not yet verified

I made some updated based on known and or reported lifts. Let's get those verified and try to move up guys you have 3 months to make improvements for this year's leaderboard. We will start a new one in 2024 for anyone who is too weak this year.

take me off the list, I never bench press

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2023, 07:31:43 AM »
First off not true and secondly yeah, I am going to criticize someone who wants to claim 325 when their spotter curled it. His 325 was no good. He did get the 315 good job Matt.

GETBIG 2023 BENCH PRESS LEADERBOAD
1. BigRo 400?
2- Me - 395 not verified - I absolutely cant do this today but nor can brian
2. Bhank 315 verified
2. Matt 315 verified
4. Soul Crusher 225 verified
4. Krankenstein 225 verified

7. JoSwift 175 not yet verified
8. Illuminati 165 not yet verified
9. Webster 155 not yet verified
10. Wes 135 not yet verified

I made some updated based on known and or reported lifts. Let's get those verified and try to move up guys you have 3 months to make improvements for this year's leaderboard. We will start a new one in 2024 for anyone who is too weak this year.
B

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2023, 07:35:15 AM »
I also never bench

so put me up to 705lbs not verified.

I WIN!

B

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2023, 07:35:52 AM »
Brian

are you refusing to fight me still?

pussy
B

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2023, 07:39:21 AM »
nope only you

thats why you have 3 entrants of which you are one.

And as usual, last out of 3.

Honestly what do people think he could bench now, today?  He will claim something ridiculous.   But right now, 25 lbs less than his shaky 315, pretty low.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: October 03, 2023, 07:40:34 AM »
take me off the list, I never bench press

If you are unhappy with your current mark and position simply submit a new video

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: October 03, 2023, 07:41:49 AM »
I also never bench

so put me up to 705lbs not verified.

I WIN!

No unverified lifts will be placed above verified lifts. If you would like to be in the lead please post a current video of you benching more than 396lbs

I did the best I could with known information if you guys posted some videos it would make my job easier

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #338 on: October 03, 2023, 07:43:43 AM »
Brian you don't make the rules up

you insignificant paedophile

so far its you matt and ro

and oyu are last as your video is from ages ago

in a self rigged contest you lose. again,
B

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #339 on: October 03, 2023, 07:45:54 AM »
post up your bench press tonight brian. you are going tpo do i tso post it up oitherwise your 315 is unverified you fcuking pederast
B

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #340 on: October 03, 2023, 07:49:29 AM »
Shaky Hanky just wants men’s videos to ogle. That what this is all about.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #341 on: October 03, 2023, 07:54:27 AM »
In a 1 rep max contest 1000 reps with 225 is still just 225 if you want a higher number you have to lift more weight we are not using theoretical calculators

This is more excuse-making to ignore people who are stronger than you in some ways. While I would agree that 225-for-reps is a parlour trick of sorts, it is absolutely a good test of strength. If it wasn't, why would the NFL use it for the Combine?

I agree that it is not a test of max power, but to count 225 for 10-20-30+ reps as one rep is absurd.

You simply seek to discredit people who are stronger in some ways to you.

Also you are never going to hit 365 it’s a lot more weight but whatever good luck

I have gotten 345 @183 and 340 @170 before. While age may be a factor for me now, I am not looking at it as adding 50-lb [to your view of my only benching 315 now], but as 20-lb more than my previous best of 345, and maybe 35 over what I could do now [330 - maybe even 335].

You look at it like I need to add 50-lb. Firstly, I clearly benched 325. I could have jumped from 300 to 330 successfully last night. Instead, I went 300/315/325.

You look at it like I am at 315 and need to add 50 pounds to that. I look at it like I am most likely at 330 already, and have muscle memory to bring that up to 345.

From there, it's only a matter of adding 20-lb to my former best, and potentially with 20-lb more body weight to help me. To me, that's not that hard.

However, I do consider 365 to be a respectable goal. And it is uncharted territory for me. So time will tell. But I am very confident I can do it.

Hit the 325 clean next week without someone touching the bar

Touching the bar added nothing to my performance. That lift was a sure thing as I had already made it past the hardest sticking point. I was only gaining momentum from there. You just want to disqualify anything that bests your max current lift.

You can tell from how swiftly I pressed 315 that I was good for 325. And this is why a bunch of us don't take your criticisms seriously - it's clear from my 315 lift that I'm at 325. It's clear that I did not want the bar to be touched.

I can upload the portion of the video where I explicitly instructed my spotter not to touch it until I say "help". So to anyone, it's obvious I had that 325.

This is when you would be more credible by saying "Technically, no one should touch the bar, but it looks like you would have gotten it anyway", because it's obvious I would have, from both my 325 *and* 315 videos.

But no. You can't say that because you can't stand to lose. So now when I bench 335 next week with the spotter nowhere close, you just look more stupid for not giving me 365 this week. It just makes you look petty, but will also make you look stupid when I exceed 325 next week.

You could just say "I'll give you 325, but any future touches of the bar will be disqualified. But you don't say that because you are petty and hate to lose, and it just damages your own credibility when I exceed 325 literally in my next bench workout.

and we can move you up to 2nd

Who is 1st and 2nd currently? Is someone else participating?

I am rooting for you Matt

Lol.

I hope you improve but 315 was not my max I will press more when fully recovered so keep grinding the contest is also open until year end. Again funny you guys want a lifting contest when you know o am recovering from surgery but no problem I will be fully recovered before year end

Again, why have you had multiple injuries and surgeries to my zero?

And I understand that 315 was not your LIFETIME max. I understand that you got 365 in 2002. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to dispute or question alleged lifts that seem likely based on your current level, as not every person who trains stays exactly consistent with age. I am not petty like you are, so I don't overly question your alleged 365. But I do consider it suspect that you claimed a lifetime best of 350x2, and then changed that to 365, most likely when it became clear to you that I am improving my bench press from week to week, and have publicly claimed a 345 lifetime max before. So it seems to me like you may be lying slightly to make a lift that may be just out of reach for me, also being aware that I am very unlikely to put on more body weight above 200-lb, as you know I prefer not to for health reasons.

So I think you may be lying, and you changing your alleged lifetime max from 350x2 to 365 is partial evidence of that, IMO. Its especially questionable to me as you have no video proof of either, so there was no reason to withhold your claim of 365, and your only brought it up when it was convenient to make it look like you did something that may be slightly unreachable for me.

But that's not what we're testing here. It's as you said; it's what we are doing right now, or...close enough [past few months]. Not lifetime PR's from 2002.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #342 on: October 03, 2023, 07:57:14 AM »
I am just shocked BigRo is in the lead at 396lbs since supposedly we have so many 500lb benchers on getbig

I dont recall many in my 20 years here talking about 500 lb benches??

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #343 on: October 03, 2023, 07:59:21 AM »
its goalpost moving time because matt is stronger

hanky- lets see you press the 50k bells?

That's exactly what I notice about B. Hank.

That's why I don't want this to be close.

If I'm 10% stronger than him at 10% lower body weight...that would sufficiently make the strength disparity between B. Hank and I big enough for this not to be in dispute. So I will aim for that.

He will still make excuses and shift the goalposts...but I will be satisfied that I am sufficiently stronger than him. As will most objective observers, IMO.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2023, 07:59:45 AM »
Brian

Where is robcguns? Ot are you still scared of upsetting him?
B

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2023, 08:38:40 AM »
209 this morning
3 weeks post surgery
3 weeks off drugs

By week 6 you will be 170 lbs

Christ, your build is pathetic.

All drugs

Depending on the conditioning, 170-lb and 5'10.5" is pretty good. Frank Zane was at his best at 185-lb and 5'9".

I'd really love to know who is truly the biggest natural bodybuilder. I don't think it's hard to be a certain weight off gear - but the "look" [body composition / fullness / perpetual "pump"] is going to make the difference.

B. Hank could very well be 220+ off gear...but his "look" wouldn't be nearly as good.

That's another reason I prefer to train in the strength rep range: there is a valid evolutionary reason for men to be strong, and we can develop strength naturally. There's no good evolutionary reason to carry metabolically active, energetically expensive muscle mass. For this reason, any successful bodybuilder is going to be on PED's.

I admit, I have no faith in the human body in this regard. And not just for my own.

But really, who is going to be particularly lean at much more than 170-lb [or maybe 190-lb, unless extremely tall] who doesn't have a physique built largely by PED's?

Who IS the true best natural bodybuilder ever? It seems like all the best ones who claimed to be natural were accused of PED use [Skip LaCour, Doug Miller, Mike O' Hearn  ;D].

To the contrary, it seems like the natural maximum for strength is a lot closer to the juiced max for strength, compared to the natural vs. juiced max for muscle mass.

If steroids do one major thing for strength athletes, it's to save them TIME. So while you likely do have some VERY strong natural powerlifters...they are usually aged ~35+ and extremely overweight. Meanwhile, you have extremely strong juiced powerlifters who get to that level at 25...but the disparity is just not what it is for bodybuilding.

Juice does help top strength athletes get to a higher level about a decade earlier though. But if we believe the official natural powerlifting records, juicers are only about 7% stronger [but way younger, on average].

But that may all be bullshit too.

How many bodybuilders do we see go from 250+lb mass monsters to looking like they haven't trained, within 18 months?

Look at Iain Vailliere - making the change in appearance he did in a matter of two months.

As Gym Rat said - bodybuilding is fake.

Strength development is slightly less fake, and one of the reasons why I prefer it personally.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #346 on: October 03, 2023, 08:49:25 AM »
I could give Matt some technique tips that would probably add 20lbs to his bench but he wouldn’t listen anyway

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2023, 08:53:20 AM »
This is more excuse-making to ignore people who are stronger than you in some ways. While I would agree that 225-for-reps is a parlour trick of sorts, it is absolutely a good test of strength. If it wasn't, why would the NFL use it for the Combine?

I agree that it is not a test of max power, but to count 225 for 10-20-30+ reps as one rep is absurd.

You simply seek to discredit people who are stronger in some ways to you.

I have gotten 345 @183 and 340 @170 before. While age may be a factor for me now, I am not looking at it as adding 50-lb [to your view of my only benching 315 now], but as 20-lb more than my previous best of 345, and maybe 35 over what I could do now [330 - maybe even 335].

You look at it like I need to add 50-lb. Firstly, I clearly benched 325. I could have jumped from 300 to 330 successfully last night. Instead, I went 300/315/325.

You look at it like I am at 315 and need to add 50 pounds to that. I look at it like I am most likely at 330 already, and have muscle memory to bring that up to 345.

From there, it's only a matter of adding 20-lb to my former best, and potentially with 20-lb more body weight to help me. To me, that's not that hard.

However, I do consider 365 to be a respectable goal. And it is uncharted territory for me. So time will tell. But I am very confident I can do it.

Touching the bar added nothing to my performance. That lift was a sure thing as I had already made it past the hardest sticking point. I was only gaining momentum from there. You just want to disqualify anything that bests your max current lift.

You can tell from how swiftly I pressed 315 that I was good for 325. And this is why a bunch of us don't take your criticisms seriously - it's clear from my 315 lift that I'm at 325. It's clear that I did not want the bar to be touched.

I can upload the portion of the video where I explicitly instructed my spotter not to touch it until I say "help". So to anyone, it's obvious I had that 325.

This is when you would be more credible by saying "Technically, no one should touch the bar, but it looks like you would have gotten it anyway", because it's obvious I would have, from both my 325 *and* 315 videos.

But no. You can't say that because you can't stand to lose. So now when I bench 335 next week with the spotter nowhere close, you just look more stupid for not giving me 365 this week. It just makes you look petty, but will also make you look stupid when I exceed 325 next week.

You could just say "I'll give you 325, but any future touches of the bar will be disqualified. But you don't say that because you are petty and hate to lose, and it just damages your own credibility when I exceed 325 literally in my next bench workout.

Who is 1st and 2nd currently? Is someone else participating?

Lol.

Again, why have you had multiple injuries and surgeries to my zero?

And I understand that 315 was not your LIFETIME max. I understand that you got 365 in 2002. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to dispute or question alleged lifts that seem likely based on your current level, as not every person who trains stays exactly consistent with age. I am not petty like you are, so I don't overly question your alleged 365. But I do consider it suspect that you claimed a lifetime best of 350x2, and then changed that to 365, most likely when it became clear to you that I am improving my bench press from week to week, and have publicly claimed a 345 lifetime max before. So it seems to me like you may be lying slightly to make a lift that may be just out of reach for me, also being aware that I am very unlikely to put on more body weight above 200-lb, as you know I prefer not to for health reasons.

So I think you may be lying, and you changing your alleged lifetime max from 350x2 to 365 is partial evidence of that, IMO. Its especially questionable to me as you have no video proof of either, so there was no reason to withhold your claim of 365, and your only brought it up when it was convenient to make it look like you did something that may be slightly unreachable for me.

But that's not what we're testing here. It's as you said; it's what we are doing right now, or...close enough [past few months]. Not lifetime PR's from 2002.

How am I making an excuse if someone benches 225 for 10 should I just pull out the calculator and put them down for a theoretical 315? If a spotter touches the bar the lift doesn’t count everyone knows that. If you have it in you hit it next week without a spotter touching it do it and  I will gladly move you up no big deal. 350x2 is my biggest lifetime double and I do think it was harder than 365x1 which I got in 2014 not 2002 but whatever. By all means press more next week without a spotter touching it real simple not a conspiracy. Anyone who benched 225 for reps can simple post a video of them pressing more for a single or reps and again I will gladly move them up. 315 was not my max 8 weeks ago I had more in me but again whatever I am perfectly happy with that for now as I know I have 3 months to raise it up.

You are not pulling away with a fail at 325 you have managed to tie it up at 315 good job but it is absolutely going to take more than that. You have a couple weeks until I start posting more so keep grinding. I do expect you to press more than 315 but you haven’t yet. I will as well no worries

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2023, 08:54:11 AM »

Thin shallow underdeveloped abs,distended gut,one delt that looks like a flat tire,the other delt looks like a fucking basketball by comparison,one torn mutilated pec,the other pec has shitty shape and zero striations for a twat who prides himself on being lean,no width or back thickness,one decent arm,one shrivelede up arm,biceps peak only because it was torn,and legs that look as shitty and as small as mine did when I competed at 154 pounds in the lightweight class.......great symmmetry Chauncey........can`t hit any poses properly,have no clue how to train,still doing max rep benches with a torn pec and 3 shoulder surgeries you dumb ego driven fuck,still doing terribly high "depth" squats with metal knees with weights that are far too heavy to do one halfway decent rep,and you`ve placed last in every contest you`ve done.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2023, 08:57:39 AM »
Most wouldnt, no... Not everyones obsessed with the "leanz"... Or else they would have it... Its not very hard to do...
I lose 10 lbs in a week when I want to... I like strength, and extra weight/muscle... Like that strongman guy who lifts rocks.

Some like to look like Munzer, some would rather look like Doug Young...

People have different likes and goals...

As if this mong would even know who the great Doug Young is.

He know jackshit!