Author Topic: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.  (Read 201719 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.
« Reply #1875 on: October 22, 2023, 04:30:59 AM »
I don't know about 20 reps but the rumor is there is a video of 275 "for reps".

Personally I don't think bhanks has ever done a deadlift other than the one earlier this year with the 4-lb dumbbells.

Good point, Hulkotron.

Fair play to B. Hank - he posted his bench/squat videos, both fairly recent, and a classic 350x2 bench video.

I'll be getting 360 this week. It will be a hard press for me...but I'll get it.
Though B. Hank has no video, he claimed 365x1 for his lifetime max bench. Unlike B. Hank, who didn't believe my lifetime max of 345 @183, I take his word. Then I found my 340 @170 press, which, IMO, would suggest I was telling the truth about my 345. But he won't believe it without proof. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Here's my 340 @170:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyNimZjuBfA/

^ That full rep only took about 3s.

Meanwhile, my 350 @200 took about 5s:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyfAUyktbGR/

My point:
I'm haven't maxed out my muscle memory.

Look at my 340 @200 - took me 4s:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CySVeobu0UG/

For more proof, I did 320x6 immediately before my 340 @170:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeN1RWeADHv/

So if I could once get 340 @170 in 3s, and I only got 340 @200 in 4s recently [being more fresh], and could maybe do it in 3s this week @199...isn't it safe to say, I'm still coasting on muscle memory?

I've done these lifts at 170.

I was thinking my muscle memory has maxed out, but that ignores my 30-lb weight advantage.

Why? Because I'm holding back. Maybe 3% in weight, to prevent injury. I COULD push harder.

Heck, I may even have 365 in me, now @199 [full stomach].

So I will try 360 this week. If I get it...I'll take a couple/few weeks off singles, and maybe do sets of 330x5...then try 370 to best B. Hank's record max. Maybe drop a few more LB's, and get 370 @195, which I believe is respectable.

Thanks for keeping the pressure on, Hulkotron. On B. Hank. On me. I got three lifetime personal records last week. So, IMO, this thread was a success for me. I appreciate you putting the pressure on B. Hank, which in turn, puts it on me.

:)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1876 on: October 22, 2023, 04:40:01 AM »
4 25lb bumper plates each side and a 60lb bar so yeah 260lbs its nothing weight. I am not trying to go heavy I did 5 sets of 15-20 reps with it 2 weeks ago. I took last week off squatting and deadlifting as my side was overstimulated. I did squats mid week this week and I am planning to deadlift today.

We could do a 260 for reps deadlift challenge if you prefer.

In 2013, I did 255 for reps at 170 in a 1.5x body weight DL contest, and got 26 or 27. I'll have to dig up the video.

I'd be open for that...and I could do it at 195 and give you a 30-lb weight advantage.

I understand you have reasons not to take injury risks in the gym. That's my wheelhouse.  ;D

But I'm going to aim for a 600 DL now after talking to Grape Ape, so I'd be open for whatever contest format, with anything from 225 to 555, between now and January.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1877 on: October 22, 2023, 04:52:06 AM »
Not claiming anything right now I consider the deadlift and squat simply movement exercises. I have like 260 on the bar and yeah I was doing multiple sets of 15-20 with it. I can barely feel a damn thing other than in my side. It is nothing on traps, back, legs, just a stretch right now. I did 275 stiff leg for reps months ago again it's stretching weight. I will pull 500 easy when my side heals up.
OK,since I CORRECTED YOU ON YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE,it now becomes a Stiff-Legged Deadlift when you originally referred to it as an Romanian Deadlift.......you should be paying me for dropping knowledge on you son.  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #1878 on: October 22, 2023, 05:00:34 AM »
275lbs was stiff leg and it was a stretch

Are you aware that those are different exercises?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1879 on: October 22, 2023, 05:02:33 AM »
In the time it takes to watch that 10 or 11 second video clip, I’m 100M away to the right.

How does it compare ?

When I was a Freshman in college, the track coach brought me to the spring football practice after our workout. I had never seen a full American football game. The track coach and football strength coach were friends.
They asked me to run a 40 yard dash with the football team wide receivers. I thought they meant 40 meters and I did not know what a wide receiver was.

In my shorts and running shoes, after track practice, I ran 4.33 electronically timed. The football players were really nice about it. When I say “it” I mean losing to a “thin” girl. Anybody who has played real football knows what a legitimate 4.33 looks like. It ain’t bHanky hobbling up the beach.

First time I ever lost at the 40 yard dash was to a man named Calvin Johnson at Athlete’s Performance in Tempe, AZ. He leaned and beat me. Granted he’s the size of fathead Walter and his lean was about 7-feet long.

Hi Fuckos !   🙋‍♀️

That's an incredible 40-yard dash time, JustPlaneJane.

No woman has ever ran a 40-yard dash in sub-4.5s, so for you to be the only woman in human history to not only do it, but to DESTROY IT...is just wild.

To think this was after a full track practice.

How do you suppose you would have done had you not be exhausted from practice?

Do you think you could have beaten Usain Bolt's 40-yard time of 4.22s?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1880 on: October 22, 2023, 05:05:32 AM »
OK,since I CORRECTED YOU ON YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE,it now becomes a Stiff-Legged Deadlift when you originally referred to it as an Romanian Deadlift.......you should be paying me for dropping knowledge on you son.  ;D

OMG You are a fucking moron they are practically the same godamn thing are you just retarded be honest you haven't lifted anything in years

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1881 on: October 22, 2023, 05:11:08 AM »
No idea why the fuck you are timing your lifts never said I didn't believe you benched 345. You keep talking about supposed 170 though when you are 200lbs+ right now. I am not trying to have a max any kind of deadlift contest right now. But deadlifting is not an issue for me it doesn't bother my knee like squats. I will pull a lot more than you guys think. But yeah it is going to be a couple months before I go heavy when going light is hurting my abdomen

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1882 on: October 22, 2023, 05:14:42 AM »
Jane is in London today, I’m guessing it’s close to night time there now. The video was sent to 3 getbiggers for confirmation, it was not posted here. Jane doesn’t post photos, Princess L told her not to.

She’s not kidding, me and a couple others here have done sprint training with her. The poster Les Grossman is the fastest of the men (played football at Nebraska) and she can turn sideways mid sprint and look back and wait for him to try to catch up.

A legit 4.7 is pretty fast, 4.3 is just a whole other level.

So you're fabricating an entire video that doesn't exist, and "confirming" it, and trash talking?

The fact you and JustPlaneJane need to make up preposterous lies is evidence to me that neither you even train.

You should go back to the gym and train, Walter. You might be surprised when you find out you can't bench 135x12.

You'd be surprised how much strength you can lose when you haven't trained in years. Not that you ever benched anything heavy ever anyway...but go bench 135 and post a video. It wouldn't surprise if you can't get 7 or 8 reps.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1883 on: October 22, 2023, 05:23:37 AM »
No idea why the fuck you are timing your lifts

Timing = Basis of comparison with my old strength.

I'm trying to figure out how much longer I can enjoy the benefits of muscle memory. If I benched 340 @170 in 3s, and can bench 340 @200 in 3s...I feel with the extra weight, muscle memory alone should get me to 360. I'll try it this week. Then my progress with slow, but hopefully I can hit my 375 bench goal. Even better if I do that while dropping to 190 body weight.

never said I didn't believe you benched 345. You keep talking about supposed 170 though when you are 200lbs+ right now.

Well...you didn't credit me because I had no video. Then I found the video. You don't have a video or your 365, but it seems appropriate from a person who got 350x2.

So I take you on your word if your other videos are in the ballpark. Do I think you extend this courtesy to me? No.

But don't worry - I'll post proof of all of my lifts now.

I am not trying to have a max any kind of deadlift contest right now. But deadlifting is not an issue for me it doesn't bother my knee like squats. I will pull a lot more than you guys think. But yeah it is going to be a couple months before I go heavy when going light is hurting my abdomen

OK, well...you can pick any weight from 225 to 555 for us to do by January. You are welcome to control that part of the contest. I'm willing to compete on either max weight or on max reps.

You can control which one.

I don't mine if you control the contest format.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1884 on: October 22, 2023, 05:28:55 AM »
OMG You are a fucking moron they are practically the same godamn thing are you just retarded be honest you haven't lifted anything in years
THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT,HENCE THE  TWO SEPARATE AND VERY DIFFERENT NAMES OF EACH OF THESE TWO VERY DIFFERENT LIFTS.

Rookie !  :D

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1885 on: October 22, 2023, 07:07:24 AM »
do a stiff leg deadlift with 200lbs then do a "good morning" with the same weight behind your neck and report back if they are the same excercise

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1886 on: October 22, 2023, 07:09:24 AM »
No idea why the fuck you are timing your lifts never said I didn't believe you benched 345. You keep talking about supposed 170 though when you are 200lbs+ right now. I am not trying to have a max any kind of deadlift contest right now. But deadlifting is not an issue for me it doesn't bother my knee like squats. I will pull a lot more than you guys think. But yeah it is going to be a couple months before I go heavy when going light is hurting my abdomen
doesnt matter what weight Matt is, hes stronger than you

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #1887 on: October 22, 2023, 07:54:33 AM »
THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT,HENCE THE  TWO SEPARATE AND VERY DIFFERENT NAMES OF EACH OF THESE TWO VERY DIFFERENT LIFTS.

Rookie !  :D

Now imagine this retard training kids.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #1888 on: October 22, 2023, 07:56:09 AM »
Brian did you manage to put your pants on front to back, you nincompoop?

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #1889 on: October 22, 2023, 08:05:20 AM »
Best way imo to learn and practice proper dl and not lift like a retard is to incorporate banded deadlifts. This tool helps you stay "in your groove" and doesn't allow you to shift forward or backwards.

Plus, you can't pull stiff legged with a rounded back. The weight + the increasing tension of the band won't allow it.

It's fairly easy to set-up, and you can choose the band's stiffess level.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1890 on: October 22, 2023, 08:21:40 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find a 60 pound Olympic bar?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #1891 on: October 22, 2023, 08:25:38 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find a 60 pound Olympic bar?

I think he's using a trap bar and equating it with regular deadlifts.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-tb-2-trap-bar

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1892 on: October 22, 2023, 08:33:19 AM »
4 25lb bumper plates each side and a 60lb bar so yeah 260lbs its nothing weight. I am not trying to go heavy I did 5 sets of 15-20 reps with it 2 weeks ago. I took last week off squatting and deadlifting as my side was overstimulated. I did squats mid week this week and I am planning to deadlift today.

60lbs Bar ??  Made by who? I've never seen a 60lbs 27.27 kg
Olympic bar - My bet you're Lying yet again  ::)

CUCKOLD FAGGOTT 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1893 on: October 22, 2023, 08:33:42 AM »
Now imagine this retard training kids.
Yeah right !!  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1894 on: October 22, 2023, 08:36:04 AM »
doesnt matter what weight Matt is, hes stronger than you
^^^^ THIS

In A Nutshell Of Peace

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1895 on: October 22, 2023, 08:40:03 AM »
If you call 5 sets of measly leg exts. a workout,then yes,I have never done that as a workout,because it`s NOT a workout.

I train hard 4 days a week presently, and will continue to do so as I add/regain size,then I plan to increase it to 6 days a week.

Any one of my training sessions would crush you, and you`d quit just like you do when you enter a contest.

Thanks for sharing Chauncey!   ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1896 on: October 22, 2023, 08:40:57 AM »
^^^^ brutal 3 posts in a row meltdown !!!!  :D

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #1897 on: October 22, 2023, 08:44:05 AM »
Sorry I was at open houses with the family then went to the state fair wasn't spending my day on getbig

Brian, how were the open houses?

Did you take the orphan kids with you?

Did the realtor ask if you workout, I mean you have been off gear for 3 weeks now and are melting.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1898 on: October 22, 2023, 08:55:20 AM »
Out of curiosity, why are you jumping into the anti- Matt C posts, chaos?
I stopped reading here. I never jumped on with any Matt C stuff, I'm trying to give you advice on lifting heavier weights safer. I would have to ask why you attacked me and slurped Grape for very similar advice? Is it because I said most people skip your super long posts? Do you think most people here spend the time to read them? I think you have great potential to knock out some massive lifts with a little tweaking to your form, if you don't want advice, I won't offer any.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1899 on: October 22, 2023, 08:57:13 AM »
I think it's good to do a 20- or 30-rep deadlift set with light weight.

To my knowledge, I have never gotten 315x20. I got 315x17...and may have gotten 315x19.

So...B. Hank CAN or CANNOT get 275x20 for four sets?

That's actually pretty good.

Like I said, Toney Freeman got 275x30, while weighing probably 300.
There is no way bhank is getting 275 for 10, let alone anything more than that. Have you seen him from behind? His posterior chain is horribly flat.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!