Author Topic: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.  (Read 202834 times)

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
Re: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.
« Reply #2175 on: November 06, 2023, 03:57:25 PM »
Carful Walter, Matt’s lawyers might serve you for talking shit online.

His kids have a few more years of suffering before they can emancipate themselves.

A few more years of eating subway subs and using the  food bank.

A couple of posts of online information about Matt TITTY BOY Canning’s lies, lack of money, avoiding work, and not paying for his parental obligations and this thread went really quiet.

That spotlight gets pretty bright when it shines back on the 20 years of lies the retarded loser has been telling.

Imagine a life measured in gains you buy illegally in a bottle and lie about on Getbig?

Sad, sad retarded little fucker. Matt TITTY BOY Canning, still tilting at windmills and sending jerkoff videos to the board pervert.

TITTY BOY….Jane says, “get fucked tiny queer”, we are sitting on the couch watching TV and eating pulled pork sandwiches!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2176 on: November 06, 2023, 04:18:49 PM »
Matt, please slow down a bit on your DL and practice some form.
Your last 545 has me worried about your back/spine. You are supposed to take slack out of the bar and lean back a bit.
Instead you leaned FWD, bent your arms and yanked, while using all lower-back. People have hurt their spines badly doing things like that.

Agree Matt I concede the deadlift you win. I am absolutely not trying that. You don't need to go any heavier.

Sandrock

• Getbig III
  • Born with a mustache in a Supernova
« Reply #2177 on: November 06, 2023, 05:21:39 PM »
Jesus Christ the form on that deadlift was some of the worst I've ever seen.  Bent arms, partial rowing, hitchy-gitchy all over.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2178 on: November 06, 2023, 06:01:13 PM »
Jesus Christ the form on that deadlift was some of the worst I've ever seen.  Bent arms, partial rowing, hitchy-gitchy all over.

It’s sad Matt has been training for 20 years drugs or no drugs that form is just awful

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2179 on: November 06, 2023, 06:36:43 PM »
Bhank should pick up a broom stick handle and show Matt the proper form.

Sandrock

• Getbig III
  • Born with a mustache in a Supernova
« Reply #2180 on: November 06, 2023, 06:48:36 PM »
It’s sad Matt has been training for 20 years drugs or no drugs that form is just awful

Matt is strong as hell but he's flirting with disaster.  I really think a serious injury might be what finally sends him completely over the edge on a naked knife wielding rampage.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2181 on: November 06, 2023, 08:51:24 PM »
Matt is strong as hell but he's flirting with disaster.  I really think a serious injury might be what finally sends him completely over the edge on a naked knife wielding rampage.

He’s going to end up like his look alike in Miami.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2182 on: November 07, 2023, 05:33:10 AM »

Thank you for saying that Sandrock.

Hey Sandrock - I saw a YouTube ad for a video game called Sandrock. Did you pick your name after that?

And you're absolutely right. I've been pushing my luck. Van Bilderass said I have Superman physiology.  ;D

I realize I'm just lucky...
That said, I am very good at knowing exactly where my limit is, and to stick within that. Although I haven't been injured yet, my pecs seem to be ripping off from the sides. Maybe they are sort of micro-injuries. I posted some pictures showing what I mean.

My chest is already a weak point...and now my pecs are doing a reverse Scott Steiner thing.  :'(

But...I think I have hit a plateau now. DAY 71 of strength training [~10 weeks], and it looks like I've maxed out.

Even if I could pull 550...I'm not going to do if until I'm cleanly pulling 495x3. Then I'll see what I can do.

I'm glad Grape has faith that I can get to 600. I am confident I can eventually get there [despite my small arms = squatty start position putting], but my preference is to stay at 200-lb body weight, give or take.

I'll follow Grape's program, and basically apply any good advice from other Getbiggers here, and shoot for a clean 565. Heck, any 545-565 "not bad" looking pull is fine by me.

Some type of 600 pull [perhaps pretty ugly] could be my absolute max at 200 body weight...but just given my age and everything...I feel 565 may be more realistic.

With some events training thrown in, I should be pretty competitive in my weight class [in the mix for the 80-kg Nationals].

I just didn't want to stop the momentum...so I've been training a bit stupidly. Now I'm thinking: "Don't push my luck."

Regarding training, I tried to bench press 225 for 25 today, but just bought a polyester/elastane shirt yesterday, and [not to make excuses] I slipped a bit in the bench, and had to reposition myself.

I got 21, but felt I had about 23.5 in me.

After that, and my ugly 545 lockout from Sunday AM, I decided: I'm done with aiming for specific goals, and will regroup, use lower weight, and follow Grape Ape's guidelines.

After my disappointing 225x21 set blunder, I decided to do my following sets strictly, and hit these numbers, which made up for my mishap.

Strict Sets / approx. Contest Form [fairly close]:

225 x 14
250 × 9.5
280 x 3
265 x 5
135 x 37.5 [fast/bounced reps].

I finished off with dumbbells: 55-lb dumbbells for a warmup, then the 110's for 4. I was pretty beat by that last set.

Incidentally, the most reps I ever got with 135 was 47 once...but I was fresh. I was thinking...maybe I'll get it even though I was pretty spent...but at rep #34, it's like I suddently ran out of gas.

I blame that "Coolcore" shirt I bought yesterday [87% polyester, 13% elastane] for slipping around on the bench and hitting the posts on reps #15 & 16 for the first 225 set.

So from now on, everything will be strict, save for some high rep finishing sets, just to burn out.

I don't recall ever hitting 225x14 strictly before. I believe I can hit 225x15+ if fresh. And the 250 for 9.5 strict reps on my third working set leads me to believe I can get 250x12 paused/strict while fresh.

Long post again! Just hadn't updated for a while.

I'm currently at 202-lb. I don't intend to drop under 200 again. There will be time to cut in the spring/summer. The only thing I dislike about strength training is that you lose size while getting stronger.  ;D Low reps are obviously not ideal for hypertrophy.  :) So I'm stronger and smaller now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzVsD-zOXo0/

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #2183 on: November 07, 2023, 06:08:05 AM »
Congrats to Matt on running Hanky off and crushing him on all challenges.  Seems pretty clear that either the scarecrow has finally pulled the plug on his posting or the hernia operation was so botched that he's gone.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2184 on: November 07, 2023, 06:12:30 AM »
Congrats to Matt on running Hanky off and crushing him on all challenges.  Seems pretty clear that either the scarecrow has finally pulled the plug on his posting or the hernia operation was so botched that he's gone.

Hanky probably has a failing marriage, orphanage, and other items to deal with at the moment. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2185 on: November 07, 2023, 06:36:15 AM »

You know what, Never1AShow:

Although I consider my squabble with B. Hank to be squashed, I am still annoyed with a couple of things. I had B. Hank's back when he was being trashed by many others on here, and he felt the need to criticize some of my lifts. Basically, I'd say:

Yeah, my form with the 100-lb dumbbells press was not great - doesn't matter. It's a Top 0.1% lift among the general population. Even that suggests there are 108 people in my city of 108K who can do that, and that's absolutely not true. I'd be shocked if there were 38.

The most reps with the 100's in my city was for 26 reps by Kyle Rayner - and he played 9th at North America's Strongest Man in 2012. My max was 9 reps.

So when I see anyone claim they can do anything close to that, I know they are full of shit. Kyle also got the Ontario Log Lift record in 2013, pressing 370-lb at the time. He is still #2 in Northwestern Ontario for 225 for reps on the bench press with 29.

Yet B. Hank said he got 31 or 32 with 225. I don't buy that. So he beat Kyle Rayner, as well as the NWO record holder Luke Skaarup, who got 30 reps in 2012. That record still stands to this day.  And while I feel I will get 27 or 28, I don't expect to beat 30.

Also, why wouldn't B. Hank remember how many reps he got? He would he be benching 225 for max reps unless he was trying to see what he could get?

I think he's lying. 225x32 is an elite level lift. B. Hank was pretty strong at bench press at the time of his claim [350x2 bench, which is over double weakling Walter Sobchak's max], but Luke Skaarup and Kyle Rayner both benched 475 at the time they got under 31-32 that B. Hank claims.

B. Hank was also very petty by refusing to acknowledge my 325 bench press because my spotter merely touched the bar even though I explicitly told him not to unless I said help. And I have that on video. And I didn't say help, because I knew it was going up. I had to stop training with that training partner because of that and some other problems he had [he was always late].

But B. Hank refused to credit me for that lift. Not credit it for our challenge - merely acknowledge I was obviously capable of getting it on my own.

Then two weeks later, I got 350:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyfAUyktbGR/

So OBVIOUSLY I had 325 in me two weeks prior. That 350 proves that. I'm not a weakling like Walter Sobchak. Yet B. Hank refused to acknowledge my strength, when I've always given him the benefit of the doubt.

So...I lost some respect for B. Hank over that. He was just being petty. And it's not like 325 wasn't anything I hadn't done a dozen times before.

Behaviour like that just makes me think he is petty. Not acknowledging the obvious until he was forced to.

That and a couple of other things he has done annoyed me.

Having said that, I still give him his props. B. Hank has a better physique than I do, and he would beat me in a bodybuilding contest.

I'm merely saying: in a balanced Strongman contest, I would beat B. Hank. Seems like an obvious thing that we both have our respective strengths. But no...B. Hank really doesn't like acknowledging the obvious unless he's basically forced to. I think that makes him a bit petty.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2186 on: November 07, 2023, 06:37:08 AM »
Hanky probably has a failing marriage, orphanage, and other items to deal with at the moment.

Who wore it better?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2187 on: November 07, 2023, 06:40:38 AM »
Matt are you using anabolics right now, you look very thick.

Also spend $50 on a decent pair of shoes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2188 on: November 07, 2023, 06:45:36 AM »
Who wore it better?

At this point the divorce lawyer Em probably hired since that person is going to take them to the cleaners. 

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #2189 on: November 07, 2023, 06:48:43 AM »
At this point the divorce lawyer Em probably hired since that person is going to take them to the cleaners.

She's gotta wait first for the house to be built... btw, that is one smart woman.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2190 on: November 07, 2023, 06:50:05 AM »
Matt are you using anabolics right now, you look very thick.

Also spend $50 on a decent pair of shoes.
YEAH THICK RDB SHOT..

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2191 on: November 07, 2023, 06:59:55 AM »
On a serious note:

When we did our “Chicago area” deadlifts workout about two weeks ago the bodyweights in gym equipment were:

JPJ = 61 kilos
Walter Sobchak = 110 kilos
Les Grossman = 113 kilos
Krankenstein = 86 kilos
Walter’s girlfriend = 52 kilos
Other Getbigger (forgot name) = 92 kilos

I weighed in wearing my wrist straps !

Hi Chaos !    🙋‍♀️

^ This conclusively never happened. But what does it MEAN, that this never happened?:

Keep in mind, Les Grossman and Krankenstein BOTH said they didn't go to this "Chicago area" meet-up.

Now stop and think about how pathetic that is:

Walter Sobchak made this up, and used his JustPlaneJane account to post this, lol.

So he creates Jane as a 6'0 and 134-lb woman who deadlifts 309x3:

I am up to 140 kg for 3 reps now with my wrist straps.

Then posts a photo of a 155-lb woman deadlifting 85-lb:

Then he claimed his "girlfriend" is 52kg [114-lb].

This actually strongly suggests Walter doesn't even know what women weigh, haha. This man doesn't get laid.

My hot ex who I'm still fucking weighs 130-lb at 5-7". If she weighed 10-lb less, I would be medically concerned for her.

A 6'0" and 134-lb woman is 5-lb over the medical classification for anorexia. And no 50-60 year-old woman weighs 114-lb unless she's under five feet.

Most women gain weight by that age. So a woman that age is RARELY 114-lb.

To me, this suggests Walter doesn't get laid. He doesn't even know what most women weigh, for fuck's sake.

I love how he made Jane 6'0", and an elite runner with a heavy deadlift, etc. Because he wants to use that account to trash men, so he needs Jane to be supernatural. But he literally has no clue what women's weights are.

Then he posts a photo of JustPlaneJane deadlifting 85-lb. No one who can deadlift over 315 is going to ever warmup with 85-lb. But like I said, Walter has limited photos to steal for the JPJ.

If you don't believe me, as JPJ to update any of her pictures, and put two common household items in the picture. SIMPLE request. But Walter won't be able to, because he only has a few pictures to pretend to be Jane with.

I'm bewildered that this loser hasn't even fucked enough women to be aware of what a normal woman's weight is.

And again - THINK ABOUT THIS:

That "Chicago" meeting NEVER happened. So Walter's "girlfriend" was completely fabricated. Hahaha. 😆 He made up a girlfriend who weighs 114-lb because he doesn't even know what women weigh.

IMO, that is major evidence that he's just another ugly SquadFatter type.

Also, do you think Walter - who is TERRIFIED to post a photo or video of himself because he is ugly, and his pictures would be RIPPED APART - would bring his GIRLFRIEND to a public place where another Getbigger could take her picture and post it here, where he ALL KNOW it would be ripped apart?

He would NEVER do that.

So Walter Sobchak literally fabricated having a girlfriend who weighs 114-lb, to make himself look like he has a hot girlfriend.

PHANTOM SPUNKER has a hot girlfriend.
B. Hank's squeeze Emily is pretty good looking.
My ex-girlfriend who I am still fucking is hot.

And OF COURSE I can verify that. I don't need to fabricate a fake Getbig meeting and pretend to have a girlfriend in it. 😂

ALSO - CHAOS: YOU HAVE MOD PRIVILEGES. YOU CAN SEE JUSTPLANEJANE EDITED THAT POST TO CHANGE WALTER'S WEIGHT FROM 105KG [231-lb] TO 110KG [242-lb.

Hahaha, what a loser. 😆 He needs to fabricate a fake meeting that two Getbiggers said to have been there stated they NEVER attended, and he needed to make up a fake body weight and STILL change it when he felt it wasn't impressive enough as a fake weight, AND make up a fake girlfriend's weight.

Oh HEY WALTER - do you know why I get hot women?

BECAUSE I LOOK LIKE THIS, you dumb fuck.

Remember when you said I was a "40-year-old mess"?

HAHAHAHA, do you think it's hard getting laid when you look like this?

You're an ugly man, and we BOTH know it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2192 on: November 07, 2023, 07:20:01 AM »
May we get an update on the status on the multi-country Slibel and Lander letter being sent?
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2193 on: November 07, 2023, 07:20:32 AM »
It was 31 or 32 reps and it was 10 years and a pec tear prior to the 350x2 that was already a decade after the first pec tear. Anyway, I can't do it now so whatever. I don't think you should attempt to blow out your back deadlifting with bad form. You should lighten up and work on your form but have at it.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2194 on: November 07, 2023, 07:24:17 AM »
My best 100M time is 11.11 slightly wind aided, that is the video I sent to some of the members.

LOL!!!!

I figured it out! JustPlaneJane = JustPlaneJenna.

= Jenna Prandini. The fastest White American woman in AMERICAN HISTORY.

She ran the 100m in 10.92s.

HAHAHAHA, you absolute stupid piece of shit, Walter.

So you're claiming your Jane alter ego ran 11.11s? Prior to Prandini's time in 2015, there weren't even 100 White American women who ran it that fast!

Oh - you're German?

LMAO...ONLY 12 WHITE GERMAN WOMEN HAVE EVER RAN 100M IN SUB 11.11s.

Oh, and you deadlift 309x3 while weighing the same as an anorexic womwn holding a shit, and are also a national level cyclist, and near the American female record for chinups.

Fucking idiot.

Yeah, and I deadlifted 545-lb on Saturday night. The difference is: I have photo and video proof. And I have NO PROBLEM sharing it.  Moron.

Lol @ posting as a woman for over ten years to get props on a MESSAGE BOARD.  ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2195 on: November 07, 2023, 07:36:38 AM »
May we get an update on the status on the multi-country Slibel and Lander letter being sent?

Yes.

I don't think this is really known here...but Getbig's admin/mod team is too busy to moderate here.

Do you remember that thread where I jokingly called Ron the absentee landlord of Getbig?

I meant no disrespect.

Bottom line:
Ron and the Mods here are too busy to check on this place, and we have a good bunch here.

But here's the thing, Grape: talking about people's families IS against board rules. I am NOT asking for special privileges here. Not at all.

And I'll tell you straight up:
Talk as much shit about ME as you want. Anyone can. I am OK with that. Not sure if I'd want to be called a rapist or pedophile or whatever...but by and large, I don't particularly care if people libel ME.

It's not the biggest deal to me. I'm used to it on here.

But my family? My kids? My son who I just drove to school?

Fuck that.

I'm simply asking that board rules be followed.

That being said: it's a conundrum - Ron and mods are simply too busy to moderate Getbig fully. It's like the Wild West in here.

I don't blame Ron. He too has a family. He's busy.

So I'm not mad at Ron. Walter is a pathetic piece of shit. It's OK to just acknowledge someone is stronger than you. Look: B. Hank looks way better than me. It's cool. He annoys me sometimes, but I have to acknowledge base reality here.

Walter hates that I'm stronger, and he will never prove otherwise. So yeah...that's where we're at. Getbig is unmoderated.

I don't want to jump to Ron to complain, but I've known him a long time. How will it end? Reported posts about my family will be removed. If Walter persists, he will be warned. If he still persists, he will be banned.

Pretty simple resolution there. And then Walter can talk shit about ME as MUCH as he wants. Totally cool with me. Like I say, unless he calls me a pedo or something. I'm cool with him trashing ME as much as he wants. Just keep families out of it.

This IS Ron's policy, Grape. I'm not asking anything special here.

But regarding being stronger than Walter:
Oh, hell I will be after I apply your modifications. If I pulled an ugly 545, I can't see that not going up to 550-565, pretty cleanly, no? Just need to accommodate for my 70" wingspan, lol. That's the main issue.

I'm looking forward to it, Grape!

I start your program on Thursday.  :)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2196 on: November 07, 2023, 07:45:22 AM »

MONSTER 85-LB DEADLIFT, JANE/WALTER.

HAHAHAHA, you weak fuck. 🤣

Now check out me doing ~6.5 TIMES what you do.

And watch that go up over the next six months while I implement Grape Ape's modifications, which literally revolutionized my chest and delts training.  :)

PS - 85-lb deadlift, HAHAHAHAHA...elite world record sprinter, HAHAHAHAHA...0.11s away from Usain Bolt's 40-yard dash time at age 18 and tired from track practice on a video that "three Getbiggers verified", which is nowhere to be seen, HAHAHAHAHA. How pathetic that you need to make shit up. I've literally had spectators THREE TIMES in the past WEEK because my training is going so well right now. And THAT is an experience you will NEVER have. And you KNOW it, Walter. I bet I could deadlift 100-lb over whatever you do once I get through Grape's program over the next six months, Walter - even if you DO outweigh me by 50-lb. And you know it.  :)

Yes, I'm bitter.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2197 on: November 07, 2023, 07:57:12 AM »
Yes.

I don't think this is really known here...but Getbig's admin/mod team is too busy to moderate here.

Do you remember that thread where I jokingly called Ron the absentee landlord of Getbig?

I meant no disrespect.

Bottom line:
Ron and the Mods here are too busy to check on this place, and we have a good bunch here.

But here's the thing, Grape: talking about people's families IS against board rules. I am NOT asking for special privileges here. Not at all.

And I'll tell you straight up:
Talk as much shit about ME as you want. Anyone can. I am OK with that. Not sure if I'd want to be called a rapist or pedophile or whatever...but by and large, I don't particularly care if people libel ME.

It's not the biggest deal to me. I'm used to it on here.

But my family? My kids? My son who I just drove to school?

Fuck that.

I'm simply asking that board rules be followed.

That being said: it's a conundrum - Ron and mods are simply too busy to moderate Getbig fully. It's like the Wild West in here.

I don't blame Ron. He too has a family. He's busy.

So I'm not mad at Ron. Walter is a pathetic piece of shit. It's OK to just acknowledge someone is stronger than you. Look: B. Hank looks way better than me. It's cool. He annoys me sometimes, but I have to acknowledge base reality here.

Walter hates that I'm stronger, and he will never prove otherwise. So yeah...that's where we're at. Getbig is unmoderated.

I don't want to jump to Ron to complain, but I've known him a long time. How will it end? Reported posts about my family will be removed. If Walter persists, he will be warned. If he still persists, he will be banned.

Pretty simple resolution there. And then Walter can talk shit about ME as MUCH as he wants. Totally cool with me. Like I say, unless he calls me a pedo or something. I'm cool with him trashing ME as much as he wants. Just keep families out of it.

This IS Ron's policy, Grape. I'm not asking anything special here.

But regarding being stronger than Walter:
Oh, hell I will be after I apply your modifications. If I pulled an ugly 545, I can't see that not going up to 550-565, pretty cleanly, no? Just need to accommodate for my 70" wingspan, lol. That's the main issue.

I'm looking forward to it, Grape!

I start your program on Thursday.  :)

They are not too busy to mod.  We do it regularly.  But this board is very generous in the leeway given.

There is no slander here, because you are not adversely affected by it.  Nobody's reputation has been caused damage or harm.

So, if it's not getting the traction you want, you'll need to explain how Walter's words are having any tangible effect on anything real.

Y

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2198 on: November 07, 2023, 08:25:42 AM »
Thank you for saying that Sandrock.

Hey Sandrock - I saw a YouTube ad for a video game called Sandrock. Did you pick your name after that?

And you're absolutely right. I've been pushing my luck. Van Bilderass said I have Superman physiology.  ;D

I realize I'm just lucky...
That said, I am very good at knowing exactly where my limit is, and to stick within that. Although I haven't been injured yet, my pecs seem to be ripping off from the sides. Maybe they are sort of micro-injuries. I posted some pictures showing what I mean.

My chest is already a weak point...and now my pecs are doing a reverse Scott Steiner thing.  :'(

But...I think I have hit a plateau now. DAY 71 of strength training [~10 weeks], and it looks like I've maxed out.

Even if I could pull 550...I'm not going to do if until I'm cleanly pulling 495x3. Then I'll see what I can do.

I'm glad Grape has faith that I can get to 600. I am confident I can eventually get there [despite my small arms = squatty start position putting], but my preference is to stay at 200-lb body weight, give or take.

I'll follow Grape's program, and basically apply any good advice from other Getbiggers here, and shoot for a clean 565. Heck, any 545-565 "not bad" looking pull is fine by me.

Some type of 600 pull [perhaps pretty ugly] could be my absolute max at 200 body weight...but just given my age and everything...I feel 565 may be more realistic.

With some events training thrown in, I should be pretty competitive in my weight class [in the mix for the 80-kg Nationals].

I just didn't want to stop the momentum...so I've been training a bit stupidly. Now I'm thinking: "Don't push my luck."

Regarding training, I tried to bench press 225 for 25 today, but just bought a polyester/elastane shirt yesterday, and [not to make excuses] I slipped a bit in the bench, and had to reposition myself.

I got 21, but felt I had about 23.5 in me.

After that, and my ugly 545 lockout from Sunday AM, I decided: I'm done with aiming for specific goals, and will regroup, use lower weight, and follow Grape Ape's guidelines.

After my disappointing 225x21 set blunder, I decided to do my following sets strictly, and hit these numbers, which made up for my mishap.

Strict Sets / approx. Contest Form [fairly close]:

225 x 14
250 × 9.5
280 x 3
265 x 5
135 x 37.5 [fast/bounced reps].

I finished off with dumbbells: 55-lb dumbbells for a warmup, then the 110's for 4. I was pretty beat by that last set.

Incidentally, the most reps I ever got with 135 was 47 once...but I was fresh. I was thinking...maybe I'll get it even though I was pretty spent...but at rep #34, it's like I suddently ran out of gas.

I blame that "Coolcore" shirt I bought yesterday [87% polyester, 13% elastane] for slipping around on the bench and hitting the posts on reps #15 & 16 for the first 225 set.

So from now on, everything will be strict, save for some high rep finishing sets, just to burn out.

I don't recall ever hitting 225x14 strictly before. I believe I can hit 225x15+ if fresh. And the 250 for 9.5 strict reps on my third working set leads me to believe I can get 250x12 paused/strict while fresh.

Long post again! Just hadn't updated for a while.

I'm currently at 202-lb. I don't intend to drop under 200 again. There will be time to cut in the spring/summer. The only thing I dislike about strength training is that you lose size while getting stronger.  ;D Low reps are obviously not ideal for hypertrophy.  :) So I'm stronger and smaller now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzVsD-zOXo0/

Matt, how much was this Coolcore shirt you bought?

You mentioned, your daily expenditure is under 10 dollars.

Does this new shirt blow your finances for the day or are new clothes counted for as depreciation?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2199 on: November 07, 2023, 08:47:45 AM »
Agree Matt I concede the deadlift you win. I am absolutely not trying that. You don't need to go any heavier.
Quits before he even begins !!

smh  :(