Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3151177 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #2025 on: May 25, 2006, 04:44:08 PM »
People talk about how Ronnie has tiny calfs, but thats just not true. He might not have the split diamond shape to them, but they are still quite large. If you watch the prejudging from the 2005 Olympia (in the BFTO 2005) you'll see that they actually looked bigger than Cutler's.

Furthermore, the seperation between Ronnie's hams and quads is tremendous.

Yates was a great bodybuilder and I model much of my training style and mentality from him. As much as I love Dorian, he still isn't in the same league as Ronnie Coleman. Coleman outmuscles him and has more detail. Did Yates even have a split in his biceps other than that massive tear?

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong ::) At 287 lbs(when he is larger than Dorian), he has very little detail and a belly like a Bloomingdale's Santa. And his strucural symmetry SUCKS. At 250 lbs, Ronnie does have superb details - and I'm the first to admit, that he 98 O Roonie, looked terrific -, but Dorian's hardness, structure and conditioning is jus so superior to his that there's no contest.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2026 on: May 25, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »
Funny how no Construction Worker Representative has commented on my last couple of posts (re the thigh challenge).

ps.

WHY do you fools keep saying that Ronnie 96/97 was just as good as Ronnie 1999?

Are you BLIND?:

Here is a little refresher for those who cannot see:

ronnie  1997

Ronnie 1999.

The whole pro-dorian argument seems to be this:

1. Dorian beat Ronnie several times.
2. Ronnie was just as good in those years (1994-1997) as he was in 1999 or the 2001 AC.
3. Therefore Dorian would win.

HOWEVER, as anyone with a brain can plainly see, point number 2 is totally false.

Why is it that Getbig is the ONLY board on the net who has people that refuse to acknowledge the HUGE LEAP that Ronnie made?

I have alreay posted the two comparison videos of 1997 and 1999 and the dorian fans CONTINUE to say that Ronnie was just as good as he was at his peak when Dorian beat him.

Ronnie shot up in the rankings for two reasons:

1. He improved his detail and fullness and changed the overall look of his physique (ie his arms no longer overpowered the rest of his physique, his frame did not look as depleted as it did when he was smaller).

2. He was no longer overlooked at the big competitions (notice, he lost to Flex at the 1996 NOC (a big name contest then) but WON the Canada Pro Cup by beating Flex.  He could have just as easily beaten Flex at the NOC, but the judges are always going to pick a big name over a no-name if it is close). By the time the 98 Olympia came around, the judges were not overlooking Ronnie anymore (he won the 98 NOC don't forget).

Once again: I pose the question (it was ignored last time as usual): if Ronnie was so good in 1996, if he had shown up to the 1998 Olympia in his 1996 condition, where do you think he would have placed?
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2027 on: May 25, 2006, 04:59:02 PM »
No 257lbs with arms like these  ;)

once again, ND - you fail to realize that once you place those arms next to someone (like Lee Labrada for example) they quickly lose their appeal and begin to resemble a person who works outside using a jackhammer and shovel.
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2028 on: May 25, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »
80+ pages, also still waiting for something better than another BLAH MM from the bricklayer.. ::)

The silence is deafening..

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #2029 on: May 25, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
More ownage, Yates' smallish arms overwhelmed by barrel chest..

The contrast between the two here is staggering..Yates flattened. Coleman's huge advantage in sheer quality's obvious..

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2030 on: May 25, 2006, 05:09:58 PM »
man, dorian's arms had poor shape :-\.

too bad they weren't shaped like these:

:P
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2031 on: May 25, 2006, 05:15:20 PM »
funny how ND and AD are conspicuously silent about the video on the other thread about the 1996 Olympia where it shows how unimpressive Yates was compared to the rest of the lineup.

Yates was really nothing overally special from the front. and the 1996 video helps the show that.  The wide waist is so obvious when he stands next to everyone else.

showing Yates alone in a front lat spread just won't work - we all can see right through that.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2032 on: May 25, 2006, 05:38:51 PM »
the quality of ronnie's pic is distorted. Typical Camp Yates tactics.

Can someone post this comparison with Ronnie correctly 2 inches taller and a bunch bigger than Yates?????

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2033 on: May 25, 2006, 05:39:56 PM »
Interesting to see Ronnie looking second best to Cormier.  Not too surprising though.  Hehe!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2034 on: May 25, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »
Can someone post this comparison with Ronnie correctly 2 inches taller and a bunch bigger than Yates?????

and I would suspect that even though that is a later shot of Ronnie, his waist would be noticably smaller than Dorian.

In that comparison they look like they have the same size waist.

Gee, why am I not surpised ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2035 on: May 25, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »
and I would suspect that even though that is a later shot of Ronnie, his waist would be noticably smaller than Dorian.

In that comparison they look like they have the same size waist.

Gee, why am I not surpised ::)

You're getting ever closer to breakdown dude!  It's fun to watch.  Time to take up golf?  Let me hook you up with Rocco MEDIATE.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2036 on: May 25, 2006, 05:46:51 PM »
Interesting to see Ronnie looking second best to Cormier.  Not too surprising though.  Hehe!

you haven't seen the 1999 Olympia on tape have you? You must be new ;)

Chris stands right next to ronnie during the prejudging and gets destroyed.

Flower Boy Ran Away

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2037 on: May 25, 2006, 05:50:03 PM »
you haven't seen the 1999 Olympia on tape have you? You must be new ;)

Chris stands right next to ronnie during the prejudging and gets destroyed.

LOL at tape.  Gotta be there baby.  Only true way to know.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #2038 on: May 25, 2006, 05:58:04 PM »
More idiocy from anus. Tape is OBVIOUSLY a good alternative, and likely the best for comparative purposes given that very few attend enough live events to render accurate comparisons. What world are you living in to arrive at such screwy, unrealistic conclusions..

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2039 on: May 25, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

what bullshit.

If ronnie has a better taper than chris, better back, arms, quads etc. Better striations, destroys him in the mandatories (watch the prejudging) etc. and it is totally obvious on film, you are saying that you have to be sitting 234 rows from the stage in the back row to really know that Ronnie was better than Chris?

What bullshit.

You don't have to be at an event live to see differences in physiques.

In fact, unless you are in the FRONT ROW you probably get a much better assessment from the camera.  Sitting 23445 rows back is not always preferable to the excellent camera work of the video tape.

Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2040 on: May 25, 2006, 06:49:35 PM »
  Huckster, hw exacly does Ronnie's midsection compareto this? Look at the dryness, definition and etchiness of his abs and obliques! :o :o :o :o :o :o ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2041 on: May 25, 2006, 06:54:24 PM »
  Huckster, hy does your hero look so fat here ??? ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2042 on: May 25, 2006, 06:55:11 PM »
Dorian's midsection looks shit in all of those pics - at least post a good one

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2043 on: May 25, 2006, 06:56:45 PM »
what bullshit.

If ronnie has a better taper than chris, better back, arms, quads etc. Better striations, destroys him in the mandatories (watch the prejudging) etc. and it is totally obvious on film, you are saying that you have to be sitting 234 rows from the stage in the back row to really know that Ronnie was better than Chris?

What bullshit.

You don't have to be at an event live to see differences in physiques.

In fact, unless you are in the FRONT ROW you probably get a much better assessment from the camera.  Sitting 23445 rows back is not always preferable to the excellent camera work of the video tape.

The ultimate breakdown draws near.  You can't judge from a video baby!  As it happens, when I frequented such events I usually judged from about rows 3 - 5. Plenty close enough to see Ronnie get blown away a time or two! :-*

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2044 on: May 25, 2006, 06:57:08 PM »
Dorian's midsection looks shit in all of those pics - at least post a good one

Don't need to, bitch! Whenyou compare then to Ronnie's, "shit" becomes great(see above).

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2045 on: May 25, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
  Huckster, hw exacly does Ronnie's midsection compareto this? Look at the dryness, definition and etchiness of his abs and obliques! :o :o :o :o :o :o ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

dorian does have better abs. That is one of the three (!) bodyparts he has an advantage in (the others being calves and triceps).

but his midsection was not as bad as it was to become.

it was very dry at his peak, but his genetically crappy abs do him in.

the Embryonic Ronnie (before the awesome back and deep cut quads) have dorian beat, mainly because of the obvious quad advantage:

Flower Boy Ran Away

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #2046 on: May 25, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »
The ultimate breakdown draws near.  You can't judge from a video baby!  As it happens, when I frequented such events I usually judged from about rows 3 - 5. Plenty close enough to see Ronnie get blown away a time or two! :-*

Well, apparently, all the pictures have it wrong, all the videos have it wrong, and all the judges front row have it wrong too.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #2047 on: May 25, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »
Yates excels in a few areas that are, let's face it-not as important:

-Calves
-Abs

Coleman:
Everything else

Simple

FYI none of the legends, the guys better than Yates: Schwarzenegger, Oliva or Coleman-had ripped abs. It's nice, but far from essential when there's domination in all the areas Yates doesn't cover.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2048 on: May 25, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »
Even a sleep deprived ape can see that Ronnie's arms are better than Dorian's

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #2049 on: May 25, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
Even a sleep deprived ape can see that Ronnie's arms are better than Dorian's
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Pics from 60 pages ago and they're apparently still sleep-deprived apes..

Yates has the edge in tri definition, but lacks size there as much as with bis-sadly the bis & tris are perfectly balanced in terms of size.  :-[