Author Topic: Whow man Nattys train a bodypart twice a week??  (Read 5184 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Whow man Nattys train a bodypart twice a week??
« on: May 03, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »
I have been training arms twice a week to bring them up to speed with the rest of my body.

I do chest and triceps, and back and biceps..mostly light reps, drop sets, cables, etc..

then 3 days later i have a full arm workout. (Bucep and tricep).

SO far im liking it...was concerned about overtraining but i thik thats bull now.. Im not sore anymore after 3 days, so ill keep you posted on the results.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Whow man Nattys train a bodypart twice a week??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 09:48:32 PM »
hahaha. i train my arms 7 times a week, sometimes twice a day. i've been training for 12 years. i never did this my first few years, but i'm now used to it and it's the ONLY way to go.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
for me that is. sorry don't get confused by my statement. i do extremely low volume, high frequency.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 06:59:01 AM »
LOL, nice one  ;)

I train everything twice a week. HERACLES, are you natural? If so, do you make gains from training every bodypart once a week?

must be young...i remember what i could train like before the word "overtraining" was coined.

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:06 AM »
LOL, nice one  ;)

I train everything twice a week. HERACLES, are you natural? If so, do you make gains from training every bodypart once a week?

yeah, what have your gains been in the past 12 years?
everyday?!  If you are a beastly man/woman than I will believe. 
twice a week (at most) for any person is enough. 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 09:08:52 AM »
Upto 3 times a week, normally twice for most body parts. Recently, Ive been doing arms and shoulders only once a week. Im kind of a noob so Im stickin to the heavy and frequently done compounds right now, instead of the chest-arm workouts.  8)
follow the arrows

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
Im sick to my stomach. COuld I oh hurt my gains because I trained each body part once a week all my life?
WTF.
Honestly my legs stay sore close to a week after training them

But my arms have learned, and have improved alot since the 2x a week!

Shit, I wonder if I should train everything twice a week now..I thought only if you are on gear this was possible, bc of your bodys recupperative powers on gear..

Anyhow..I go like this:

Day1- Legs, calves
Day2- Chest- light triceps- lots of reps
Day3- Back-light biceps- lots of reps/light weight
Day 4- Shoulders/traps/r delts
Day5- Biceps/triceps

Day 6/7 Off, or cardio/abs..

Thats what i do now, in the past i just owuldnt have thos light arm days in the middle of the week. I just train for a good pump.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »
I train bodyparts once a week, except for legs and arms I hit twice.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »
Soreness will go away for the most part if you just train through it. I train each bodypart 2-3 times a week, and my muscles are rarely sore. Just because a muscle is sore doesn't mean it hasn't "recovered".

Steroids may increase recovery, but that doesn't mean a drug-free lifter should wait an entire week before training the same bodypart again. Hitting each bodypart once a week simply won't work for most people. The only guys who can get away with such infrequent training are the steroid users.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 05:54:22 AM »
If you are natural, you should train each muscle group very hard, once a week.  Your short, intense workout will trigger recovery and growth.   You must not interrupt that process for that muscle group with another intense workout in the same week.  No matter your genetics, the human body does not produce enough testosterone to repair that kind of damage in just a couple of days.  If you train the same muscle group more than once a week and you are making gains, then either you are a beginner or your workouts are not intense enough.  Because if they are intense enough and you are doing enough damage, eventually you will over train.  Over training is cumulative.  You'll make gains at first, then the gains will stop, then you will start actually losing muscle.  If you are training hard, you must also take a week off every 8 to 10 weeks.  I know this stuff from 24 years experience training 100% naturally, but this article explains it better:

http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=3031

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 07:19:34 AM »
Relax. I was simply wondering if any natural with average genetics can make gains from hitting a bodypart once every 7 days. Whether you needed to stress it more, or if one day was enough to make gains.

For anyone who says they are "sore" a week after training, I do not get. Isn't soreness a BAD sign?
no, soreness is good.  means you tore up some muscle fibers.  im sore 365 a year and i have grown fine. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »
I train all my bodyparts twice a week. My schedule is rather simple: Upper Body on Mondays and Thursdays; Legs on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Soreness is fine to a degree. But, I find that if I am able to do more sets with a bit more weight yet I'm NOT sore afterwards, it's a great thing. It means that I've recovered from my workouts. And it's only after you recover that you grow.

In addition to lack of soreness, I also look for other signs that I'm in good shape anabolically, like how fast my hair and nails grow, how well I sleep, etc.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 02:45:42 PM »
hahaha. i train my arms 7 times a week, sometimes twice a day. i've been training for 12 years. i never did this my first few years, but i'm now used to it and it's the ONLY way to go.
are you insane?   ::)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 02:20:05 PM »
If  If you train the same muscle group more than once a week and you are making gains, then either you are a beginner or your workouts are not intense enough.
http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=3031

The link seems to be an advertisement more than an article.  Regardless, it refers to a post work out recovery that involves a "timeline that requires up to 48 hours."  Based thereon, it seems like you could in fact train a bodypart twice per week so long as there is two days rest in between.  What am I missing?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 03:22:59 PM »
Oh boy, I should not even have posted the article.  It was supposed to be an explanation of why rest and recovery are so important and how it actually works.  This one article happens to explain why working related muscle groups in the same day is not a good idea.  It applies to working the same or related muscles groups too often.  And yes, AST does take every opportunity they can to advertise their products, but they do have great information on the latest research and also have a ton of articles on products they recommend, but that they don't sell.  For example, they speak very well of Gatorade and the research that was involved in creating it, but AST does not sell Gatorade.  That's just one example.

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 06:15:47 PM »
Well, somehow I hurt my rotator cuff, and just doing a few biceps curls managed to agrevate it. Not to mention holding the barbell on squats. So, that type of soreness (IMO) is NOT good. I haven't stepped a foot in a gym since and it seems a little better. Can't comprehend training through something like that, but I just took the option which I thought was best to get rid of the soreness.
i didnt mean injury soreness.
i meant DOMS

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 07:23:10 PM »
wow i couldnt imagine training all bodyparts twice a week! no way!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 03:19:38 AM »
Well i train using basic exercises and my routine i have had to nake for the moment has me doing about 15 sets for large muscle and 9 for arms (that could be alot compared to sum of u, and nothing compared to others).
I split these 15 sets and 9 sets over 3 days, with roughly 5 sets per workout for big muscles and 3 sets per workout for arms.

I think training a body part twice or 3 times a week (providing u arent doing too many sets per workout) is the best way to go for anyone active in sports.

During the on season, i ahve rugby tuesday,thursday and game on saturday. If i dedicate one session to legs they WILL b very sore next couple days which will effect my rugby. That goes for any body part. So for sports athletes i think body parts twice or 3 timns a week is the way to go.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 08:19:09 AM »
Delayed
Onset of
Muscular
Soreness

ok, training 2-3 times a week is much different for sport atheletes than it is for a bodybuilder.  2-3 times with limited sets is pointless.  the point of each training session is to do as much damage as possible then let it heal for the next 4-7 days