Author Topic: Why 240 was wrong  (Read 15329 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Why 240 was wrong
« on: May 05, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »

As many of the more sensible people have said here, what happens at GetBig should remain in the realm of GetBig.  This is the internet, people. 

More importantly, Rob runs an internet business of his own.  I don't know who all his customers are, but based on his actions, some of them *could* be thinking, 'Gee, this guy is crazy.  What if he goes nuts and decides to start harrassing me at MY job next??'

The trust requirements for online commerce are greater than those for brick-and-mortar businesses. 

And it doesn't stop with Rob's business.  Every individual who commits an act like that has the potential to make other customers that much more wary of doing business online.  This impacts not only Rob, but also anyone else involved in legitimate e-commerce, no matter the size of the operation. 

No one can change 240's personality, but I do hope he'll stop and think next time before going off half-cocked on another witch hunt.   

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Why 240 was wrong
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 12:45:13 PM »
 I have to agree with this. This site is its own self-contained universe and should be kept that way.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 12:46:29 PM »
My customers know their info is 1000% safe.  I keep my business and the 240 persona completely separated.

Bob Chick tried to intimidate us by saying he would look up our personal info from customer records.

Additionally, Bob Chick has crossed business lines by publicly dissing my business, and insulting the quality of my work.

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a cool cat in real life, and that I work hard, fast, and discreet.  Bob Chick tried to intimidate us, and made his firm look REALLY bad by doing so.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 12:47:21 PM »
I have to agree with this. This site is its own self-contained universe and should be kept that way.

True, thats what makes this place soo cool is that I can be on Get Big all saturday then say the sermon on Sunday at church without having parishioners know that the good Father is actually Jaejonna 'The Hater'

alllelluia
L

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 12:50:04 PM »

True, thats what makes this place soo cool is that I can be on Get Big all saturday then say the sermon on Sunday at church without having parishioners know that the good Father is actually Jaejonna 'The Hater'

alllelluia

I knew it!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:54:12 PM »
Has 240 ever said or intimated that his cutomers' information was not secure?  I know Chick has insinuated that he could get cutomer information from bb.com customers but I haven't seen 240 do it.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »
Can someone bitch slap the fat guy and make him stop moan on the board?  ::)
Ohh ohh Bob yelled at me..damn nancy boy.

body88

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 12:58:25 PM »
Bob Chick brought it all on himself

He can thank one person for this whole thing

himself

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »
Bob chick once went hindu tipping!    >:(

..get it..hindu tipping..cow tipping..ahh fuck..i'm bored..  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 01:00:54 PM »
Has 240 ever said or intimated that his cutomers' information was not secure? 

By contacting someone's REAL LIFE employer, yes.  

He runs an internet business and he took an internet feud into real life.  I feel that 240 can be trusted, but what if he gets pissed at me someday??  

In one-upping Bob, he may have cost himself potential business.  I'm not saying I hope this is true, because I don't, but it *is* a very real possibility.  He might also have cost me and other online retailers potential business.  Whether he wants to accept any responsibility for his role or not, that's why he's being reprimanded.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 01:02:56 PM »
Besides, BBing.com was alerted to it before I wrote them.  And all I did was ask them about the security of their information.  As a customer, it is a fair question.  Some guy who represents you is threatening to, presumably, post my credit card info or worse on the web, cause he disagrees with me on BBing issues.  

Of course I wish it hadn't happened, and if I could undo it, I would.  I am sure Bob would too.  It was a pissing match- him trying to intimidate us, and us trying to get him to put his foot in his mouth.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 01:05:25 PM »
Besides, BBing.com was alerted to it before I wrote them.  And all I did was ask them about the security of their information.  As a customer, it is a fair question.  Some guy who represents you is threatening to, presumably, post my credit card info or worse on the web, cause he disagrees with me on BBing issues.  

Of course I wish it hadn't happened, and if I could undo it, I would.  I am sure Bob would too.  It was a pissing match- him trying to intimidate us, and us trying to get him to put his foot in his mouth.

He always try to intimidate ppl here...

"You trolls with no lives..."
"Not real fans but a handful of morons..."

Too many to post...he thinks that his visibility in the industry makes him immune to bad judgment... oh wait did I say bad judgement ?? ( ***cough cough --rusty-- cough cough***)
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 01:06:42 PM »
Fear not, Tre.  Customer info is very safe with me.  Not in a million years would I post anything about my clients.  I have worked with maybe 40 people from getbig in the past 6 months- some of them bitter enemies on the boards- and they've never had anything leak.  Just not good business.  But as I am an affilate with BBing.com and win/lose based upon their reputation, Bob Chick was endangering my, and many others', income by hoisting dirt on the sanctity of their info.

And I apologize if I've offended anyone, and you can rest assured I will avoid sticky situations like this in the future.  But in the end, all I did was let a company know a man was threatening to post MY info, that they hold safe.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 01:11:16 PM »
bob shouldnt have claimed that shit then

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 01:14:49 PM »
I see what you're saying Tre but I think 240 can be trusted. The one thing he's not is stupid, and posting people's personal shit would be stupid. As far as I've ever seen, he's only posted stuff that was public information.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »
can someone give me the cliff notes on the WTF happened?  240...you got Chick in trouble ???
w

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
can someone give me the cliff notes on the WTF happened?  240...you got Chick in trouble ???
Chick was like ... 240 you dont buy supplements and believe me I can check the records to see if you did...
240 was like , well Im going to ask your boss if you can check my personal buyig info
Then the boss was like , No he can look at that info
Then Bob had a m3ltdown
Then I watched the Real world Key West...
And that was Tuesday!!
L

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 01:27:49 PM »

alllelluia

Yes, that is the glory of the internet!

body88

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »

Bob was talking smack about the ability to check credit card and buying records on BB.com

Rob called bullshit

Chick got cocky

Rob and others emailed BB.com

BB.com contacted Rob....Rob owned chick

Chick was talking shit and was told to stop posting nonsense

Chick m*lted

Rob caught Chick in several lies

Chick m*lted

Rob drank a Powerade

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 01:33:04 PM »
Chick was like ... 240 you dont buy supplements and believe me I can check the records to see if you did...
240 was like , well Im going to ask your boss if you can check my personal buyig info
Then the boss was like , No he can look at that info
Then Bob had a m3ltdown
Then I watched the Real world Key West...
And that was Tuesday!!
that about sums it up without bobs name calling 240

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »
Bob was talking smack about the ability to check credit card and buying records on BB.com

Rob called bullshit

Chick got cocky

Rob and others emailed BB.com

BB.com contacted Rob....Rob owned chick

Chick was talking shit and was told to stop posting nonsense

Chick m*lted

Rob caught Chick in several lies

Chick m*lted

Rob drank a Powerade

Somewhere in the mix, they released Alexxx from GetBig Prison
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 01:34:45 PM »
Here is the kicker though- I asked Bob if BBing.com KNEW he was making those claims.  He told me to go ahead and asked. Bob invited me to check.

He said that BBing.com thinks that I'm a jerk-off too.  I think the line was "knock yourself out, fool".

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 01:35:19 PM »

This is a very honest post.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:13 PM »
Here is the kicker though- I asked Bob if BBing.com KNEW he was making those claims.  He told me to go ahead and asked. Bob invited me to check.

He said that BBing.com thinks that I'm a jerk-off too.  I think the line was "knock yourself out, fool".

hahahaha, that has to be the most brutal owning i've ever seen on here.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 01:38:08 PM »
hahahaha, that has to be the most brutal owning i've ever seen on here.
Well when Natty Matty Brought the GetBig  Forum to Rob's home then that was pretty brutal in itself...a lil overboard
L