Author Topic: IFBB Pro in AXE commercial  (Read 16180 times)

Unchained81

Re: IFBB Pro in AXE commercial
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »
So let me get this straight. She does a legit commercial and makes an honest buck, but if someone does a gay for pay shoot or movie nothing happends???

If thats the case this industry is clearly as fucked up as I had imagined and has it's priorities COMPLETLY backwords!!

Exactly, but what do you expect from the IFBB it is ran by shmoes.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2006, 03:03:32 PM »
Hey man,

She prolly got a hell of a lot more than she ever would in the IFBB.

I don't know much about pro shows, but I remember someone posting that Chick won 10G's for his first place finish at the masters.

Considering he spent 10 solid weeks preparing for that contest, not to mention gear and food....he made 1G a weeK??????

Jeez man, i was making that working part time doing research in the summers during med school and that was almost 8 yrs ago!!!

Then people wonder why there is some support for the PDI.

I can't help myself with this one though.....

CHICK, MONSTER PROFIT MARGIN!

Great post. Looking at contests winnings as the result of a day's work is obviously not sensible. I loved the last line, too ;D

puredrive

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »
she didnt get 20grand. maybe if it were a ford commercial or pepsi. but not axe. also, you dont get union rates until you join the union. which you must do union work first to be able to join. unless she got a balance waiver for this being her first in which case she would not have the best deal as far as pay goes. generally they pay a flat rate to non-unions. if she is union, she would have gotten the day rate plus resids above and beyond the first buy. also, cable does not count. they can show it a million times on cable. you dont get a dime in residual money. you only get it for local networks. and it is a declining scale based on buy rates.
most likely, she will make, if she is union and gets decent pay, about 5-7000. but not more than that. it simply will not be shown on major networks during dinner time every night.

Dtank76

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »
actually the commercial has been airing on mtv for a couple months now

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »
actually the commercial has been airing on mtv for a couple months now

So you're saying no real adults have seen it?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »
So let me get this straight. She does a legit commercial and makes an honest buck, but if someone does a gay for pay shoot or movie nothing happends???

If thats the case this industry is clearly as fucked up as I had imagined and has it's priorities COMPLETLY backwords!!

Still no response........the non-response to my legit question is an answer in itself. Bob, your the "athletes" rep, can you answer this question???

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2006, 09:33:01 PM »

No, wait...let me guess. Don't ask Don't tell??

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2006, 09:58:18 PM »
wtf, I was in a movie for longer than that and got nothin!  >:(  I need a new agent, damn it!

The problem is that I was the principle player in this commercial.  All others are extras.  Doesn't matter how many there are or how long they are in a shot.  To tell you the truth everyone in that commercial could have been paid extra pay and no one would have said a thing.  But that is where being a member of SAG comes in very handy. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2006, 10:16:58 PM »
she didnt get 20grand. maybe if it were a ford commercial or pepsi. but not axe. also, you dont get union rates until you join the union. which you must do union work first to be able to join. unless she got a balance waiver for this being her first in which case she would not have the best deal as far as pay goes. generally they pay a flat rate to non-unions. if she is union, she would have gotten the day rate plus resids above and beyond the first buy. also, cable does not count. they can show it a million times on cable. you dont get a dime in residual money. you only get it for local networks. and it is a declining scale based on buy rates.
most likely, she will make, if she is union and gets decent pay, about 5-7000. but not more than that. it simply will not be shown on major networks during dinner time every night.

You are kind of right.  There is something called Taft-Hartley.  Basically it allows someone to work a union job, get all the union benefits as if they were actually union.  The thing is, you can only do this for 30 after your first day of work.  After the 30 days is up you are considered a "must-sign" which means before doing anymore union work you have to join the union.  This is very advantageous to people who know or think they will never work again or a one time deal.  You can work 30 days total if you can without paying any dues or have the money you made in that time have any bearing on your dues amount.  I am not sure what dues are nowadays.  I actually did 3 more spots in the month I went Taft-Hartley.  The following month I picked up  Gillette commercial

I remember going into the audition.  There was a bunch of bald headed guys and a few of us with hair.  We were all talking and wondering why some were bald and some weren't  I said I thought this commercial was for someone to shave their head.  And a few guys said they thought it was for someone who was bald already.  They actually shaved their heads that morning.  Well one of the assistants came out and said everyone who has a shaved head can go home they needed someone to shave their head on camera.  I ended up with it.  The day befoee the shoot they production office called and asked me for my SAG number.  I told them I wasn;t SAG yet I was a must sign.  She goes oh no we thought you were union.  She put me on hold and came back in about a minute or two.  She said I needed to go to the SAG office immediately and join.  I said I had no money on me.  She said thats okay we'll pay for it.  SO I went down and joined and it didn't cost me anything.  I got paid $8,400 for the buyout which also included a photoshoot for the billboaard and ad posters.

It was shown in Puerto Rico and South America.  It was for the Gillette Probak II razor.  It won a foreign Cleo and was feautured on Johnny Carson in 1988 in his best foregin commercials segment.  Myself and Don Ross did it along with another guy.  That is a pic of us below.  The other one is a still from the Apple commercial.  I kinda miss it and if I do ever go back to LA will start up again.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2006, 09:27:10 AM »
You are kind of right.  There is something called Taft-Hartley.  Basically it allows someone to work a union job, get all the union benefits as if they were actually union.  The thing is, you can only do this for 30 after your first day of work.  After the 30 days is up you are considered a "must-sign" which means before doing anymore union work you have to join the union.  This is very advantageous to people who know or think they will never work again or a one time deal.  You can work 30 days total if you can without paying any dues or have the money you made in that time have any bearing on your dues amount.  I am not sure what dues are nowadays.  I actually did 3 more spots in the month I went Taft-Hartley.  The following month I picked up  Gillette commercial

I remember going into the audition.  There was a bunch of bald headed guys and a few of us with hair.  We were all talking and wondering why some were bald and some weren't  I said I thought this commercial was for someone to shave their head.  And a few guys said they thought it was for someone who was bald already.  They actually shaved their heads that morning.  Well one of the assistants came out and said everyone who has a shaved head can go home they needed someone to shave their head on camera.  I ended up with it.  The day befoee the shoot they production office called and asked me for my SAG number.  I told them I wasn;t SAG yet I was a must sign.  She goes oh no we thought you were union.  She put me on hold and came back in about a minute or two.  She said I needed to go to the SAG office immediately and join.  I said I had no money on me.  She said thats okay we'll pay for it.  SO I went down and joined and it didn't cost me anything.  I got paid $8,400 for the buyout which also included a photoshoot for the billboaard and ad posters.

It was shown in Puerto Rico and South America.  It was for the Gillette Probak II razor.  It won a foreign Cleo and was feautured on Johnny Carson in 1988 in his best foregin commercials segment.  Myself and Don Ross did it along with another guy.  That is a pic of us below.  The other one is a still from the Apple commercial.  I kinda miss it and if I do ever go back to LA will start up again.

Your noggin and mustache make you look like an old timey strongman ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2006, 11:18:08 AM »
Yea I guess I do look a little like an old timer there.  Too bad it wasn't longer so I could twist it. The funny thing too about this shoot was I wouldn't shave my mustache off.  The other two guys had to shave what they had and I refused unless they paid me another grand.  They didn't so I didn't.  I later did a MTV video for some band (i can't remember the name) and they wanted me bald.  I was just growing the hair back and I shaved it again for just a grand cash but kept the moustache in that too.  I have never shaved my moustache except I have been tempted.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2006, 11:22:45 AM »
Yea I guess I do look a little like an old timer there.  Too bad it wasn't longer so I could twist it. The funny thing too about this shoot was I wouldn't shave my mustache off.  The other two guys had to shave what they had and I refused unless they paid me another grand.  They didn't so I didn't.  I later did a MTV video for some band (i can't remember the name) and they wanted me bald.  I was just growing the hair back and I shaved it again for just a grand cash but kept the moustache in that too.  I have never shaved my moustache except I have been tempted.

How long do you think it would take you to grow it back and when is the last time you didn't have it? ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2006, 12:08:14 PM »
Once I got it in I have never shaved it.  I had absolutely no face hair in high school.  Didn't shave once.  Once out of high school I started to grow it. So around 18 I started the stache coming in.  Haven't shaved it since.