Author Topic: IFBB Pro Ed Kawak dead . . .  (Read 63220 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: IFBB Pro Ed Kawak dead . . .
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 11:01:52 PM »
Are you just playing devil's advocate here?  Surely you know better.

Look at the number of pro BBers dying in their 30's, 40's and 50's.  Then look at them as a percentage of all pro BBers since the advent of the steroid era.  Then compare that percentage to the statistics in the overall population.  I'm sure you'll find these deaths are way above, say, the national average in the US.

lol why did you edit out you calling me stupid?

not many bodybuilders died from NATURAL CAUSES in their 30's, 40's, 50's

Read your local newspaper every day I see multiple people dying from natural causes at young ages it's not as rare as some of you like to think.  I'm not saying the drugs had nothing to do with it but you can't just automatically jump to the conclusion that the drugs did it.

Army head coach Maggie Dixon dropped dead from a heart arythmia at 28 and she was in great shape

E

E

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »
lol why did you edit out you calling me stupid?

LOL.  I felt bad and decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. :)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 11:28:32 PM »
Are you just playing devil's advocate here?  Surely you know better.

Look at the number of pro BBers dying in their 30's, 40's and 50's.  Then look at them as a percentage of all pro BBers since the advent of the steroid era.  Then compare that percentage to the statistics in the overall population.  I'm sure you'll find these deaths are way above, say, the national average in the US.

Anyway, we don't know any of the details surrounding Ed's death and my condolences to out to the loved ones he left behind.  RIP.

Pro bodybuiders are no different then any other fat guy when talking about the weight the heart reads...If a pro is 5'8 and gets up to 260 pounds or more in the offseason...The heart reads that as a pretty fat bastard...The percentage of regular guys in the world at 5'8 that are 260 and over and died pretty young has to be off the charts compared to  bodybuilders...

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 11:50:39 PM »
He died way too young. Serious muscle. Hope it's just a rumour and he's still alive.

R.I.P.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 11:51:13 PM »
Heavy weights aren't "unhealthy" for the heart. ::)

Really.  How do you think your blood pressure' doing at the bottom of a heavy squat or leg press?  Compile that by thousands of heavy works along with having an altered cholesterol panel from hormones that lean in the "unfavorable" area... need I say more.

The Advil excuse... I love it.

I heard a theory about BB'ers and the relation to gear. It goes something along the shores of The Nile. 8)

People tend to downplay the effect the gear has on their physiques on all levels, and it also causes them to deny that it could be dangerous in the long run.

But seriously... How many other "sports" are having deaths on elite level competitors at such young age, related to kidney and heart problems?

It's either Advil or "hereditary, runs in the family".

Nevertheless, it's always sad to hear about a human leaving to early. I hope his family will be ok.

Zack

Advil is very kidney toxic after prolonged, heavy usage... Its actually worse on the kidney's than on the liver.  The "Advil Excuse" isnt really all that much of an excuse and holds more truth than what people are giving credit for. 

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 02:47:41 AM »
Really.  How do you think your blood pressure' doing at the bottom of a heavy squat or leg press?  Compile that by thousands of heavy works along with having an altered cholesterol panel from hormones that lean in the "unfavorable" area... need I say more.

WRONG! Blood pressure can increase dramatically while lifting, but it only lasts for a short time. Many studies have shown that weight training actually reduces blood pressure.

Runners also experience high blood pressure while training, and they train much longer than bodybuilders. Nevertheless, it is well known that running decreases blood pressure, and for the same reasons that weight training decreases blood pressure.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 03:10:05 AM »
WRONG! Blood pressure can increase dramatically while lifting, but it only lasts for a short time. Many studies have shown that weight training actually reduces blood pressure.

Runners also experience high blood pressure while training, and they train much longer than bodybuilders. Nevertheless, it is well known that running decreases blood pressure, and for the same reasons that weight training decreases blood pressure.

you're right here.. its only "bad" if you genetically or naturally have high blood pressure - it being a risk reaching those high levels of blood pressure.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 03:15:33 AM »
RIP Kawak. BB will miss that hairdoo.
MIRAGETROPIN

The Viking

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 03:17:21 AM »
Sad, sad, sad if it`s true.
This man was a winner of the NABBA Mister Univers for many years. In 1982 and 83 he won the professional Univers Title.
In 1982 he also won the Wabba Mr World after winning the amateur WABBA Mister World title in 1980.
He later had success as a pro in the IFBB. In 1987 he took forth at the Pro-World, the later called Arnold Classic.

Remember in that years the small bodybuilders <5,8 weighed aroun 200 punds, today at the same heigt they weigh at least 20 pounds more.

R.I.P Ed Kawak :-[

yann 666

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
dead
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 05:01:55 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: dead
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 05:09:08 AM »
huh?

yann 666

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 05:13:26 AM »
kawak...

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 05:19:00 AM »
I was reading an article on MSNBC yesterday about people in their twenty's...the article was actually about the financial state that people in their twenty's are in. It had all kinds of info..including the life expectancy of people in their twenty's: 54   I always read the RIP Joe Sombody treads on here where somebody in their 40s-50's dies of a heart attack and everybody starts in with the....oh steroids...advil strikes again...and shit like that. Seriously If these guys were doing what they love doing and ended up dying mid-forties or whatever so fucking what. Everybody dies, but very few people ever live! If you die doing something you love then more fucking power to you....better than dying in a nursing home after living a life as a fat ass nobody that spends their entire life stressing over their mortgage and hating their fat ass wife (75% of America) Think of you life as a book....your writing the story with everything you do and everything you say. When your book is complete...would anybody want to read it...is your life interesting or exciting...or do you just fall in line and eventually die? My two cents...

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 06:57:17 AM »

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 07:03:11 AM »
Back when I first got into bodybuilding Kawak was one of my favorites.  He had every bodypart, gigantic legs, great calves, awsome arms..you name it he had it.  He looked awsome at the Pro World the year Love won, I think it was 87 and he placed top 10 at the O a couple of times.  If you buy any of Robert Kennedy's books from the early 80's Kawak is all over the place in those...

He was great, what a shame he had to die so young....
nasser=piece of shit

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 07:14:54 AM »
what the hell was he doing in china?  that place is gross

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
More recent pic. Everyone needs to stop speculating. People die everday of heart attacks, even in their twenties. Life goes on for the rest. He was a great bodybuilder, let's remember that.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 11:03:45 AM »
Would you like me to cite some scientific evidence proving otherwise?

Come on Matt. You are a smart guy. Any kind of strenuous exercize is good for both the heart and lungs. Being sedentary is what will eventually kill you.
The House that Ruth built

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 12:23:55 PM »
what the hell was he doing in china?  that place is gross

Not bad in some places, but overall pretty damm bad.  Aberdeen is nice and that side of Hong Kong.  I traveled throughout South China for a month.  I based myself in Kowloon.  I was heading up to Bejing when I decided I couldn't stand the place anymore.  I made it as far north as Guangzhou and had to turn around.  I couldn't wait to get back to Hawaii.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
I was reading an article on MSNBC yesterday about people in their twenty's...the article was actually about the financial state that people in their twenty's are in. It had all kinds of info..including the life expectancy of people in their twenty's: 54   I always read the RIP Joe Sombody treads on here where somebody in their 40s-50's dies of a heart attack and everybody starts in with the....oh steroids...advil strikes again...and shit like that. Seriously If these guys were doing what they love doing and ended up dying mid-forties or whatever so fucking what. Everybody dies, but very few people ever live! If you die doing something you love then more fucking power to you....better than dying in a nursing home after living a life as a fat ass nobody that spends their entire life stressing over their mortgage and hating their fat ass wife (75% of America) Think of you life as a book....your writing the story with everything you do and everything you say. When your book is complete...would anybody want to read it...is your life interesting or exciting...or do you just fall in line and eventually die? My two cents...

What an incredibly shallow and idiotic post. Nobody EVER wants to die when they're 45 years old, even if it means watching their wife grow old or living in a nursing home. ::)

Bodybuilders are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. You are not a superior or enlightened person because you compete in bodybuilding contests. The notion that bodybuilders are more "interesting or exciting" than people who raise families and make a living in the real world is simply laughable. To most people, you are just a self-absorbed bum who hangs around the gym all day and takes steroids.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »
What an incredibly shallow and idiotic post. Nobody EVER wants to die when they're 45 years old, even if it means watching their wife grow old or living in a nursing home. ::)

Bodybuilders are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. You are not a superior or enlightened person because you compete in bodybuilding contests. The notion that bodybuilders are more "interesting or exciting" than people who raise families and make a living in the real world is simply laughable. To most people, you are just a self-absorbed bum who hangs around the gym all day and takes steroids.
damn we actually agree on something, go figure.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 01:23:39 PM »
This much is true, but Eduardo was not your typical bodybuilder.  Tom Platz said he would personally witness him eat as much as 10,000 calories in a day and people would ask Tom how it was that he only ate a fraction of that (I believe Tom cited 3,000-4,000).

I am talking purely the exercize aspect. Not food, steroids etc.. The hard work is good for the heart, lungs and respiratory and vascular system.
The House that Ruth built

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 01:39:21 PM »
rip,i remember him well from the 80,s scene,he was pretty good imo
R

Preinin974

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »