Author Topic: IFBB Pro Ed Kawak dead . . .  (Read 63211 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: IFBB Pro Ed Kawak dead . . .
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 05:26:55 PM »
WRONG! Blood pressure can increase dramatically while lifting, but it only lasts for a short time. Many studies have shown that weight training actually reduces blood pressure.

Runners also experience high blood pressure while training, and they train much longer than bodybuilders. Nevertheless, it is well known that running decreases blood pressure, and for the same reasons that weight training decreases blood pressure.

That acute increase in blood pressure can lead to death.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 05:39:31 PM »

Garlic pills save lives..

Not vampires' lives :-\ Who was that trainer guy that died while lifting a little while back? His name was Mel.

Kaliym73

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »
976998931.jpg (22.24 KB, 400x313 - viewed 73 times.)
great Physique. May Peace Be Upon Him.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 05:56:38 PM »
That first upper body pic where he pulls of a fron DB is great. RIP ripped dude.
MIRAGETROPIN

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 07:37:59 PM »
goat and your unfounded statements.....the mans dead you dont know him give your respect and stop being so rhetorical. or at least something new.

Rest In Peace Kawak.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »
Kawak had some of the thickest abs around....RIP Kawak

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 11:18:58 PM »
I was reading an article on MSNBC yesterday about people in their twenty's...the article was actually about the financial state that people in their twenty's are in. It had all kinds of info..including the life expectancy of people in their twenty's: 54   I always read the RIP Joe Sombody treads on here where somebody in their 40s-50's dies of a heart attack and everybody starts in with the....oh steroids...advil strikes again...and shit like that. Seriously If these guys were doing what they love doing and ended up dying mid-forties or whatever so fucking what. Everybody dies, but very few people ever live! If you die doing something you love then more fucking power to you....better than dying in a nursing home after living a life as a fat ass nobody that spends their entire life stressing over their mortgage and hating their fat ass wife (75% of America) Think of you life as a book....your writing the story with everything you do and everything you say. When your book is complete...would anybody want to read it...is your life interesting or exciting...or do you just fall in line and eventually die? My two cents...

Well said,

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 11:29:35 PM »
What an incredibly shallow and idiotic post. Nobody EVER wants to die when they're 45 years old, even if it means watching their wife grow old or living in a nursing home. ::)

Bodybuilders are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. You are not a superior or enlightened person because you compete in bodybuilding contests. The notion that bodybuilders are more "interesting or exciting" than people who raise families and make a living in the real world is simply laughable. To most people, you are just a self-absorbed bum who hangs around the gym all day and takes steroids.

And what would that make you, your not even a bodybuilder and your on here a bodybuilding website, i bet you live to a hundred,

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 01:15:04 AM »
Really.  How do you think your blood pressure' doing at the bottom of a heavy squat or leg press?  Compile that by thousands of heavy works along with having an altered cholesterol panel from hormones that lean in the "unfavorable" area... need I say more.

Advil is very kidney toxic after prolonged, heavy usage... Its actually worse on the kidney's than on the liver.  The "Advil Excuse" isnt really all that much of an excuse and holds more truth than what people are giving credit for. 
Heavy weights is just good for the heart, because heart is a muscle and it get benefits from the workout like every other muscle, but only IF YOU ARE DRUG FREE. If you are taking GH and all the shit what BB:ers do take, your heart will grow not stronger, but bigger in size, which leads to the failure sooner or later. Big and thick heart can't pump blood efficiently which leads insufficient circulation in heart, and bang. You are dead. It is so simple. That's why BB:ers die heart conditions in very young age. If you look Ronnie or any really big guy, how much blood you think there is in circulation? Average dude have about 5 litres, but those monsters have 7-8 litres which means that you need to pump so much harder to get all that to circulation = heart must be bigger or pump faster = more work = shorter lifespan = dude die younger.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 01:32:42 AM »
Rest In Peace Champ.  :'(
Team Goodrum!

GhostWriter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2006, 05:46:55 AM »
Il y a pas mal de problème à résoudre pour les formalités douanières, et ce n'est pas sans poser de gros tracas... En effet, Edouard était naturalisé français, et ne possédait plus de passeport Libanais... Ce qui fait que les autorités Libanaises se font tirer l'oreille pour qu'il rentre chez lui...
Même mort, la bureaucratie nous emmerde la vie... C'est triste... Et affligeant de savoir qu'il ne repose pas encore en paix, et traine dans une morgue à Pekin...

This is somewhat confusing to translate but it looks like it says he lost his passport for "Liban" (french for Lebanon I'm pretty sure), but the last sentence looks like it says he's being held in a morgue in Pekin (China).

???

Translation/

There are quite a lot problems that need to be addressed as far as customs paperworks are concerned, and this is causing a lot of troubles.  Indeed, Edward was a naturalized french citizen, and he did not have a lebanese passport anymore.  The lebanese authorities are therefore making it difficult, and he is having troubles coming back to his country of birth for burial.  Even in death bureaucratic red tape is a pain.  This is sad, and he does not rest in peace yet, and that his body is still held in a morgue in Beijing.

RHINO290

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2006, 10:50:21 AM »
Rest In Peace Champ.  :'(

Man, this sucks. RIP.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
Kawak was always one of my favorite bodybuilders, I remember him being in phenominal shape back in 88 and definately being overlooked.  It's a shame that his burial is being delayed because of BS.  May he find more justice in death than he did in life.

GhostWriter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »
Thanks GhostWriter.

So he is in China and they want to bring him to Lebanon for burial but he was a citizen of France so he lost his passport to Lebanon?  ???

It is pretty simple, many countries does not allow dual citizenship.  Since he became french by naturalization, it seems that he has lost his lebanese passport, but not litterally like misplaced, lost his lebanese passport as in lebanese citizenship.  Even if he was born there, he is basically a foreigner in their eyes now, and as such, his family cannot just decide to bring in their for burial.  Issues might relate to this, hence he is still stuck in China.

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »
Here's the best I can do for now:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/eduardokawak

I'll have to write up a tribute for him soon.

A shame you had to rely on the 87 Olympia when he had straightened his fantastic hair.  He looked his best at the 87 Pro world and should have probably won it.  He was good at the 88 Olympia but only came 16th - a strange one that.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2006, 05:27:55 PM »
Damn!

This guy was good in the day.

Haven't seen Ron chime in yet & confirm this.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2006, 12:46:43 AM »
I'll have to write up a tribute for him soon.

it would help to figure out his preferred spelling.   Eduardo is not exactly Lebanese.  I think Edouard is the correct spelling.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2006, 07:13:20 AM »
Anyone notice how OLD he looked in that recent pic?  He looked more like 67 instead of 47.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2006, 08:41:42 AM »
Very ironic that somebody posted "The Dead Pool, Who's Next" just a few days ago.  RIP Ed :'(
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2006, 09:55:39 AM »
Kawak had an incredibly thick and wide back with tons of muscle on his frame. He did have a huge waist which means he would have done much better in the 90's and today than he did in the 80's.

Special "Orlando" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »
RIP :(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »
Tom Prince obviously abused a lot of different types of drugs but the ones most likely to have caused his health problems would be advil based on the kidney damage.  I think some rec drugs are toxic to the kidneys as well but I don't know.

Let's not forget diuretics.

Exactly.  In those 2 FLEX articles that everyone refers to the doctor focused on the ridiculous amount of Advil Prince was taking, but Prince said he blamed ALL the drugs.  People on the boards always say the Advil was "an excuse" for Prince not owning up to all the non-over-the-counter drugs he was doing.  In fact, he spelled it all out pretty clearly.  He didn't talk much about rec drugs then, but he certainly talked openly about the bodybuilding drugs.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »
GREAT BACK AND ABS!
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2006, 03:59:45 PM »
Terrible news.

I knew Edoardo very well as a teenager.
He would come visit the gym I was training at in Rome in th early '80s.
We were all in awe of the guy. Especially since his FIRST contest was the WABBA World Championship that he won hands down.
I've never heard of that happening since.

He also made an appearance practically for free at my expo in Rome in '03

RIP

Alex

www.alexardenti.com

bodybuildingFLIX.com

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »
very sad... did he have a wife & kids?