Author Topic: A Lookat some of the PDI Guys  (Read 16716 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: A Lookat some of the PDI Guys
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 03:58:08 PM »
Vince, your just an idiot.

I don't see why some of you guys don't lend some support to the PDI.  Its in its rookie year.  Its going to be build from ground up.  Its just another opportunity for us BBers to compete at a pro level and also an opportunity to change some of the judging criteria in a fresh organization.  Don't think of it replacing the IFBB as much as providing another option.  More shows, more $ and possibly better judging criteria...and it takes this bashing?  Do some of you like the direction the IFBB has forced guys to go?  Do you think its fair that some of these awesome athletes from Europe get screwed often?
If you don't like the PDI or someone involved, fine but give it a chance and some support.  Anything good for the athletes and the sport is worth giving a hand.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »
BBers and fans should be excited about the possibility of the PDI being successful.  Its the powers that be in both organizations that can duke it out for athletes and fans....not us!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 04:16:23 PM »

Thanks arvilla

No wonder he never made it into the IFBB.

Terrible structure. Has nothing going for him.

What contest record does he have? I found a Jack London at musclememory.com who competed in NABBA back in 1997 and came 3rd at some amateur contest, is that him?

The PDI is supposed to be about better symmetry. Why do they give him a pro card?

Last time I checked, they didn't hand out pro cards on personality traits... ::)

YIP
Zack

He was depleted at that show.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 04:21:39 PM »

He was depleted of muscle at that show.

fixed.
Deep Tissue Massage

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 04:54:17 PM »
Vince, your just an idiot.

I don't see why some of you guys don't lend some support to the PDI.  Its in its rookie year.  Its going to be build from ground up.  Its just another opportunity for us BBers to compete at a pro level and also an opportunity to change some of the judging criteria in a fresh organization.  Don't think of it replacing the IFBB as much as providing another option.  More shows, more $ and possibly better judging criteria...and it takes this bashing?  Do some of you like the direction the IFBB has forced guys to go?  Do you think its fair that some of these awesome athletes from Europe get screwed often?
If you don't like the PDI or someone involved, fine but give it a chance and some support.  Anything good for the athletes and the sport is worth giving a hand.

The WBF at least had legitimate pros competing.  The PDI is a hodge-potch of destitute pros looking for a handout or A cup of hot soup and beans and some washed up NPC and NABBA competitors who somehow.... ::) were given pro cards???? 

Best way to describe it is that the PDI is a clusterfuck that is waiting to fail.....AGAIN!!!
Then ironically we can get back to cleaning up the mess Wayne made in the IFBB
A

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 05:48:25 PM »
fixed.

Everything is a conspiracy on getbig. ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »
If the criteria for the pdi is a movement for more pleasing physiques then GALANTI is their posterboy.the lineup of physiques they have will be interesting,all have various degrees of muscle,some more or less successful in contest's pro and amateur.hopefully it is organized professionally and dosen't turn into a one trick pony.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 03:29:26 AM »
As long as the shows are nothing like the IFBB shows then everything will be great.  Over the past few years the IFBB has shown and proved they cannot do shows.  This year has been the biggest black eye so far.  One cancelled show and one show undr so much shit it should have been cancelled.  And their are still a couple more IFBB shows that may cancel this year.  So the the IFBB is heading south fast.  To bad cause it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of idiots and assholes

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2006, 03:52:06 AM »
If the criteria for the pdi is a movement for more pleasing physiques then GALANTI is their posterboy.the lineup of physiques they have will be interesting,all have various degrees of muscle,some more or less successful in contest's pro and amateur.hopefully it is organized professionally and doesn't turn into a one trick pony.

Well, thank you for the kind words....from the guys that are going into the NOC, I will be lucky to crack the top 10 in this event.

You guy's have no clue on who is jumpping over to the darkside.....LOL
ANIMAL

flurby

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 03:58:24 AM »
i still wonder what the fuck is lee priest doing with these losers, at best most of em are gym rats, but that's all.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2006, 03:59:00 AM »
BBers and fans should be excited about the possibility of the PDI being successful.  Its the powers that be in both organizations that can duke it out for athletes and fans....not us!
yup... the more the merrier... i mean look how well the XFL is doing and what it's done for the quality of the NFL....

RHINO290

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »
What a line-up.  Can't tell whether its a pro show or a pro-qualifier......hahahahahaha!!!!!

Vince, you are welcomed to come compete against us losers on Sept. 16th, oh wait, you are not qualified....

sorry.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2006, 06:45:42 AM »
Palumbo & Kovacs look taylor-made for this..

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »
As long as the shows are nothing like the IFBB shows then everything will be great.  Over the past few years the IFBB has shown and proved they cannot do shows.  This year has been the biggest black eye so far.  One cancelled show and one show undr so much shit it should have been cancelled.  And their are still a couple more IFBB shows that may cancel this year.  So the the IFBB is heading south fast.  To bad cause it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of idiots and assholes

Give it a rest ::)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2006, 06:51:01 AM »

The WBF at least had legitimate pros competing.  The PDI is a hodge-potch of destitute pros looking for a handout or A cup of hot soup and beans and some washed up NPC and NABBA competitors who somehow.... ::) were given pro cards???? 

Best way to describe it is that the PDI is a clusterfuck that is waiting to fail.....AGAIN!!!

hodge-potch ......has this phrase been used before to describe anything about bodybuilding?

ANIMAL

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »
hodge-potch ......has this phrase been used before to describe anything about bodybuilding?

I believe the term is hodgepodge or hotchpotch, not hodge-potch ;D

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2006, 06:58:18 AM »
Well, thank you for the kind words....from the guys that are going into the NOC, I will be lucky to crack the top 10 in this event.

You guy's have no clue on who is jumpping over to the darkside.....LOL

Vinny - crack the top 10. As I have discussed with you offline, I think you have a great physique that many of us realists strive for. Ins aying that it makes me really wonder who will show up at the NOC if you are saying "lucky to crack the top 10"

Any idea when the other "jumpers" will be announced?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2006, 07:10:13 AM »
Vinny - crack the top 10. As I have discussed with you offline, I think you have a great physique that many of us realists strive for. Ins aying that it makes me really wonder who will show up at the NOC if you are saying "lucky to crack the top 10"

Any idea when the other "jumpers" will be announced?
Wayne and I were talking last night, we both train at the same gym....I was in shock as to learn a top name that has already switched....but this competitor wont make an offical announcement untill you see him on stage in September, no secret...it's just how he wants to handle it...he is a no drama guy.

And then there are a few good names that place top 5 in proshows....but they are not done competing this year, so they are keeping quite too.

all in all the show will be a very good one.

ANIMAL

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: A Look at some of the PDI Guys
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2006, 07:18:58 AM »

And then there are a few good names that place top 5 in proshows....but they are not done competing this year, so they are keeping quite too.

all in all the show will be a very good one.

Pro Shows or IFBB Qualifiers like the USA's and Nationals

I am no marketing guru but just wondering if this will hurt or help the NOC, keeping people under wraps

A) Not knowing.....Will people show up wanting to see who defected???
B) Knowing...will this bring in more fans knowing who is in the show???

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2006, 08:05:16 AM »
I understand how its easy to assume the PDI will fail...like the WBF.  But why criticize now?   Wayne knows what he is doing and has a vast amount of experience in the IFBB so he has a good chance.

No, Palumbo and Kovacs are the exact wrong people to go to the PDI (if they want to place that is)...look at the judging crtieria.  Think more about guys like Horvath, Rockel, David Henry....guys that are incredible but either not mass monsters or don't have the name to place higher in the IFBB.  Also, some of the national competitors who haven't won their classes yet.  You guys all know there is some favortism here and there.

There will also be pro qualifiers to build the pool of athletes.  There are quite a few guys like Vinni (and hopefully myself as I continue building) who are aesthetic and very good BBers but haven't made it pro in the IFBB because of judging criteria.  Also, there are tons of awesome European NABBA competitors who don't get a fair shake over here.

Another pro organization is good for the athletes and fans!  More shows to attend, more $ spread around and more excitement overall as it builds.  For all the people who lift and compete, there are very few pros compared to other sports, especially since BBing is world wide!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2006, 08:47:54 AM »

No, Palumbo and Kovacs are the exact wrong people to go to the PDI (if they want to place that is)...look at the judging crtieria.  Think more about guys like Horvath, Rockel, David Henry....guys that are incredible but either not mass monsters or don't have the name to place higher in the IFBB. 

Are you letting some cats out of the bag?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2006, 09:03:29 AM »
So those are all the guys that couldn't make it in the big leagues, huh?  ;D
just push some weight!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2006, 09:06:48 AM »

As much of a doofus as Vince is, this post makes a lot of sense.  This is a tiny "sport" with a miniscule fan base.  The PDI is not going to grow the fan base, and there is not enough room for two federations.  Only one will survive...the one with the 1st tier pros...
w

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2006, 09:13:47 AM »
As much of a doofus as Vince is, this post makes a lot of sense.  This is a tiny "sport" with a miniscule fan base.  The PDI is not going to grow the fan base, and there is not enough room for two federations.  Only one will survive...the one with the 1st tier pros...
Yes, the PDI will grow the fanbase IMO. This is not due to growing the sport of bodybuilding, but mainly bringing back in the types of fans that IFBB has lost.
SHAZAM!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
We'll see....but the sport was growing like crazy in the 80s and early 90s.  I think PART OF the backward direction we have moved is because of unatainable physiques, excessive supplement use and rewarding ugly physiques.  Its too far removed from the sporting public...but the physiques weren't in the 80s and early 90s.  The judges allowed a new standard with Dorian and Ronnie and many tried to chase them and ruined their physiques.
  Some people will always think BBing is "disgusting" but I'll bet you guys like Richard Jones, Bob Paris, Phil Heath, Flex, etc will get a hell of a lot more positive looks from the SPORTING public than the mass monsters with big guts that look like fat powerlifters in the offseason.

And for all you guys that will argue everyone hates BBer physique, I can't tell you how many positive responces I get in the summer at 230-235 lean and cut.  Many people still respect us if we don't look like complete freaks of nature.